[Drama 2012] The Third Hospital / The 3rd Hospital / 제 3의 병원

Guest xopo17

Guest jjsweeter0211

class="blog_h2 entry-title" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: initial; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; vertical-align: baseline; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; line-height: normal; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Arial, sans-serif; border-bottom-style: none; border-bottom-color: initial; letter-spacing: -1px; "SNSD’s Sooyoung: “I was happy to appear on The Third Hospital”

November 09, 2012 4:00 pm dkrogers

20121109142210120.jpg

SNSD’s Sooyoung, who appeared on tvN’s series The Third Hospital, recently talked her feelings on completing the series.

Sooyoung played the role of a violist named Lee Eui Jin. She posted a note on her official Facebook account, “The last episode of the series will air today. I received my script about this time last year. I was happy to play the character.”

She added, “What do you think? If you shared her happiness and sadness, I’m happy. It was my first appearance on a TV series and I have no regrets. I was worried about what people would think of me on the series at first but now I’m just sad that I have to say goodbye to everyone and the staff. I will miss everything.”

“I think I’ll be more comfortable for my next job and you will always support me, right? I want to thank my fan club members and the audience for watching the series!”

“Here’s the final say. I hope the series comforted many patients suffering from today and I’ll always pray for you. I love you.”

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jjsweeter0211

Sooyoung of SNSD Has "No Regrets" About Her First Acting Role

Posted on November 09, 2012 in drama by nettop01

'제3병원' 수영, 종영 소감

Sooyoung of SNSD has revealed her feelings after her first attempt to acting.

Sooyoung, on the official Facebook page of Girl’s Generation, began with her recent days, commenting that “your Sooyoung is very busy with her work for her upcoming Japanese album. I think you can look forward to this album, it’s so nice. From the album to the next year’s tour, I’m very excited about it”.

She also left a comment about her first acting role in the tvN drama ‘The Third Hospital’, saying that “I was so happy to live as Eui-jin from last year’s this time to the final episode on today! How did you guys think? If you were happy as I was with Eui-jin then I definitely have no regrets about my first acting role”.

“I was worried about how it would turn out, like how I used to after my exams showing my results to my mother, because the drama was finished before it aired, but after the show is over, now I just miss the things that I lived in, whether I did good or bad.”

She continued, “I think immersing yourself on your role is important, but in retrospect I think I should have enjoyed the precious hours that will never come back more comfortably and easily. Maybe in my next film, I can be more comfortable with it? Then will the So One congratulate me then? To the So One members and the viewers of the ‘Third Hospital’, I would like to say thank you very much.”

She ended, “I will dedicate our story to so many Eui-jin, Min-jun, and the patients who battle through each passing day to find a hopeful tomorrow, and I will always pray for you. I love you.”

cr:    http://koreandrama.com/sooyoung-of-snsd-has-no-regrets-about-her-first-acting-role/

its ended...i dunno what to say really. i was really looking forward to it..but....
eui jin got saved by the collab of western and oriental med, and the hospital gets to stay because of father kim's testimony...but eui jin suddenly says she is gonna leave seung hyun, and they wont see each other again after she gets better, which is a shame...
And then with do hyun and hye in...i was really looking forward to some proper advancement between the two, but then he left straight after the incident to go to america...(she never found out about the chicken wings in the end. lol)
i was kinda annoyed that the most contact do hyun and hye in had was the handshake! they could have at least hugged at the airport. lol....
i was also slightly surprised eui jin could put seung hyun down like that...but i guess he just didnt love her as a woman...
....but it seems thats how the writers like to do dramas these days....(memories of brain...)

So in the end it was basically supposed to be a happy ending with dad telling do hyun he actually does love and care for him, the brothers sort of reconciling, eui jin saved, hye in a neurosugeon (and also seung hyuns friend and that female doctor, which was actually a bit random in the last episode, even if i guessed they would end up together)...but it somehow still feels incomplete, like it was all squashed into 1-2 eps, to try and tie all the ends...maybe it needed to be a bit longer to show more progressions in relationship, whether its between father and sons, brothers, or lovers...it just seemed slightly rushed? as the relationships didnt really come through...well to me anyway..
(oh yeah i almost forgot...that crappy doc that almost killed min jun..there was no mention of him...and i also felt more could have been said about min jun..)
still i'll miss this drama! great acting by all!!

Guest jjsweeter0211

class="articletitle" style="padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: none; outline-color: initial; list-style-type: none; list-style-position: initial; list-style-image: initial; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: 34px; "'The 3rd Hospital' Sooyoung Leaves Goodbye Video Message

Sooyoung released a video talking about her feelings on the end of the drama.

November 9, 2012 3:42 PM EST 

40668.png
|

'The 3rd Hospital' Sooyoung Leaves Goodbye Video Message

Girls' Generation member Sooyoung released a video talking about her feelings on the end of the drama.

tvN's "The 3rd Hospital" was Sooyoung's debut project and she was seen crying at her last shoot. She created a video message for those viewers who are eagerly awaiting the series finale to air on Thursday.

Sooyoung said, "I can't really imagine a life without Eui Jin now. I'm really happy that a great project came out of all our efforts and I thank you for all your support and love."

The last shoot was also revealed and she was seen crying and embracing the cast and crew.

As the director yelled cut on her last scene, Oh Ji Ho appeared with a cake and she cried as she blew out the candles amongst applause from the cast and crew. She also took photos with some crew members, disappointed that the drama was coming to an end.

She also prepared a gift, giving all the crew members make-up or dermatological products, along with Girls Generation CDs with her autograph and handwritten letters. In the letter she said, "I was so happy while I was Eui Jin. Thank you."

Sooyoung became more and more important to the drama as the story went on and thanks to her; the love triangle and the character lines were able to stay interesting.

cr:   http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/16992/20121109/the-third-hospital-sooyoung-leaves-goodbye-video-message.htm

Guest purpleZ

I'll just be honest about this drama. It has big casts and everything but somehow the direction and storytelling is lacking. It's kind of all over the place. Don't get me wrong, I love the actors performances but the director and writer could've done better to let the show shine more and more engaging.
I'll just talk about the ending. Since many scenes were cut (e.g.: the twin brother doctor's mistake), I was wondering what did the 2 gangsters still doing in the last episode taking up at least 5 minutes of the finale?? That was just out of nowhere. And the love line of Seung Hyun's friend and the biatchy doctor was kind of 'unnecessary seasoning' whose scenes even more than the main couples' in the last episode. Since they were going to cut scenes, why not cut those unnecessary scenes and focus on our 4 leads?? The love development is so disappointing! I was so hoping for a skinship between Doo Hyun and Hye In but they dragged their development till the very ending of the show with a mere handshake? It's so very lame.
But anyway, I hope to see them in better production.

• 1 month later...
Guest bakane18

Okay so I just finish watching and the first thing that came to mind was.....

Wait....

It's Done?

wait...whaaaaa?????........

I was SO unsatisfied. Like SERIOUSLY. Don't get me wrong. I LOVED the series and the characters but like as some of the people here, it just left me with a "half empty/half full" situation. Even though they tied up some of the scenarios to me it still felt incomplete. Like what the hell happened to the fake medical resident with the twin who almost killed Min Joo?!?! Did he get caught? I really wanted to see what was going on with him and the whole "twin brother thing". I just hate/HATE when dramas start with a scenario but they don't finish it. It's like, why put it there at all? You could of used that time to strengthen the main plot instead of messing around with a scenario that you weren't going to finish. *SMH*

Another bone of contention I had was if they were going to add a little romance to it, couldn't they spice it up just a tad bit more? I know the sole purpose of this was a medical drama but GAAAAHHHH..... the whole romance bit was just a whole bunch of nothing. I say again: NOTHING. HOMFGWTF... WAS THAT HORSES**T. I wasn't asking for some good ol' fun in the sun TONGUE WRESTLING affair but something? ANYTHING?  A peck on the cheek? A passionate hug? Oh NAAAAYYYYY.....The only thing we got was handshakes.... HANDSHAKES.  If they were going to put this sort of effort on the romantic parts, then they should of left it out ENTIRELY.  To me it was pretty much a big old TEASE. You expect something, then WHAMO...it's nothing what you quite expect leaving you unsatisfied. LOL. The two people that "I GUESS" wound up together... I just don't see it. Sorry. Let's be truthful. Doo Hyun was an richard simmons. He was SUCH a confusing character. DUDE. If you like her then, WTTTTFFFFFF..... just say it. Don't beat around the bush for 5 effin' years being MEAN to her and basically mentally abusing her. What are you? in ELEMENTARY?! It was PAINFULLY obvious that she wasn't picking up your "VIBES" so it was on you. You can't expect her to read your mind and it was hard enough with your "hard richard simmons" attitude... Ironically though, lo and behold in the last episode you have Hye Jin who finally sees his feelings in the end meeting ol' doc at the airport saying, "I'm ready to passionately fall in love." .....? With who? With Mr. Uptight?

*SIGHS, screams into pillow*

FML.

And at the same airport mind you, we see Seung Hyun in the backround of the two "LOVE BIRDS", going off to some foreign land to get some medicinal herbs and what I understood that it was very dangerous. (Seeing as one of the doctors said something about "don't get hit by bullets.") You dips*it writers, why the hell did you write that in there for?! They let this great guy go off in the sunset ALONE (Eui Jin basically told him to forget her after she gets better) and in DANGER while @sshole bro arrives safely home and gets the girl?! I guess they left it for interpretation. Oh GREAAATTTTT. Okay, my conclusion. Seung Hyun gets mowed down by a hail of bullets from provincial warlords in some war torn land. Hye Jin regrets.. REGRETS marrying a richard simmons bag like Doo Hyun seeing how he gets his kicks by continually mentally abusing her. (Can you say Masochist? haha) So she is longing for Seung Hyun BUT doesn't know that he "checked out" already. Hearing the news, Eui Jin's health deteriorates and she passes away. Father is sad that EJ died, so HE passes away.

THE END.

WOW.

DEPRESSING.

LOL, I'll just stop with the whole romantic topic because it just gives me a big headache. Anyways, it was a good medical drama. I learned a lot especially the eastern medicine side which I found quite fascinating. It could of been better in my book but well....that's how it goes sometimes. I enjoyed it even though at times where you wanted to pull your hair out and punch the screen. LOL.

On a side note: Sooyoung acting was great for her first time! I really felt her character!  When she cried, I cried....so......yeah.....haha. XD Congrats to her and the rest of the cast. :)

• 7 months later...

Archived