[Drama 2012/13] The King's Dream 대왕의 꿈

WingLiner

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mannschaft said: Episode 39, 40 with subs added.http://www.dramacrazy.net/korean-drama/the-great-kings-dream-episode-list/
Episode 49 , Bidam is finally dead. Since he should have been beheaded after being captured, the drama makes him dies fighting alone, which is a great death scene.
Yeonwha, I don't know whose side this girl with because she's running around between Bidam and Beopmin. Anyway, she also dies in this episode and seen recalled her previous beautiful wedding with Beopmin.
The 3 kingdoms has swept into battles, Koguryeo against Tang and Silla against Baekje. Later, Chunchu of Silla visits Tang as an envoy and having a meeting with its emperor.

O said: mannschaft said: Episode 39, 40 with subs added.http://www.dramacrazy.net/korean-drama/the-great-kings-dream-episode-list/
Episode 49 , Bidam is finally dead. Since he should have been beheaded after being captured, the drama makes him dies fighting alone, which is a great death scene.
Yeonwha, I don't know whose side this girl with because she's running around between Bidam and Beopmin. Anyway, she also dies in this episode and seen recalled her previous beautiful wedding with Beopmin.
The 3 kingdoms has swept into battles, Koguryeo against Tang and Silla against Baekje. Later, Chunchu of Silla visits Tang as an envoy and having a meeting with its emperor.

@nikachan2008: QSD died before Bidam since she was very ill when Bidam's rebellion broke out (Episode 47 in the drama). Bidam and his cabal was captured by Yushin and Alcheon and executed during queen Jindeok's reign. In the drama too, Bidam died in episode 49, he himself fighting off the army and got killed.
Princess Seungman stepped up to become queen Jindeok in episode 48. As far as I know, she was also a good queen and tried to improve relationship with Tang by sending Chunchu there as an envoy and accept changing Silla's style into Tang's style. Her reign was also fierce one with pretty much battles against Baekje.
And later, Chunchu became king Muyeol in episode 52.
odaesan said: I haven't been here for a long time. How goes this drama?

Yes Mannschaft, I've seen until episode 47.. now I am waiting for the episode where I can see Bidam's end.. What I am wondering is.. which one is correct.. Bidam died after QSD? as depicted in this drama or before QSD? as depicted in the drama QSD.. :-/

I like it that Queen Jindeok was also a good Queen.. it's my first time to see her being depicted in a drama so I am looking forward to seeing it. The 3rd Queen, Jinseong was the bad one..

QSD reigned for 15 years, Queen Jindeok reigned for 7 years.. after that Chunchu finally sat on the throne.. This drama will be about 80 to 85 episodes.. Queen Jindeok reign will start from episode 48 until maybe around 55-60??? Then maybe we can expect to see the beginning of unification of the three kingdoms from episode 61..??? I hope.

@nikachan2008: Bidam died after QSD (the fact was written in history :D). Queen Jindeok's reign in this drama was just from episode 48 to 52. The wars to unite the 3 kingdoms started around episode 55, and this drama has 80 episodes in total.

Bidam redeemed himself a little in the way he died - in not going over to Baekje.

I agree with @nikachan2008 that Queen Jindeok is a good queen. She seemed like she would be Alcheon's puppet but to his suprrise and regret, she is not. She dares to embrace her weakness and declare it openly to the court and ask for their help.  So sad that she only has a short reign and soon Chunchu will be King. For me, I watch this drama because of Kim Yushin. What a great and interesting character! If the story was only or mainly about Chunchu, I would have stopped watching long ago. I watch it because of the great general.

@nikachan2008: http://www.dramacrazy.net/korean-drama/the-great-kings-dream/Episode 48, 49 with subs added.
@O: both queen Jindeok and king Muyeol (Chunchu) only reigned in 7 years and the 3 kingdoms were completely united under king Munmu's reign (Chunchu's son, Beopmin.)
I had included the biography of general KimYushin in previous post. If it wasn't for him, the 3 Kingdoms wouldn't be united, so if any dramas are made about this period without including Kim Yushin, it won't make sense at all. Yushin's sons are Samkwang and Cheongwang appeared but not play central roles in the drama. Also, they made Cheongwang died in the battles but in real, he lived up happily until he died of old ages.  Still, I wonder when will Kim Wonsul appear? He was also Yushin's son and played an important role fighting to expel Tang forces from Unified Silla after brought 3 kingdoms together. Tang was quite evil twerps that wanted to enforce Unified Silla under their control after helping them.

Hong Soo Ah apologizes for Western wedding dress
Hong Soo Ah of the KBS drama "The Great King's Dream" apologized yesterday for the wedding garment she wore in a show that aired on Saturday.
In the period drama set in the Silla Dynasty, Yeonhwa, a character played by Hong, wore a Western-style white wedding gown with a veil. (Episode 49.)
"[The wedding] was in Yeonhwa's imagination and fantasy. Me and my personal stylist are to be blamed as we went overboard", Hong said on Twitter. 
"It's not any of the staff's fault, so please don't denounce the entire team who were just tired from filming in the early morning. I should be the one to be blamed, and I'm regretful".
As she was dying in the drama, Hong's character imagined her wedding to the character who later becomes King Munmu. 
Many fans were upset about the use of modern clothing in the period piece.

Archived