[Drama 2012/13] The King's Dream 대왕의 꿈

WingLiner

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ehsan1430291871

I want to ask about titles. In joseon related drama the king is called chona and in this drama so is Deokman. Are they the same thing? If so does this mean for example Deokman has the same rank as Dong yi's husband? And what's the reason? 

Guest melficegrandia

English subtitles srt's has already been released by withs2.com but you need via acess/donation to download subs. Episode 1-10 has already been subbed and released in srt format. Hope someone will share those srt subtitles in facebook or email. Currently watching this drama with english subtitlle in hardsubbed format and so far its comparable to The Great Seer and King Gwanggaeto. Love this awesome drama and korea. Fighting!

Guest Ehsan1430291871

geo2b850350 said: I want to ask about titles. In joseon related drama the king is called chona and in this drama so is Deokman. Are they the same thing? If so does this mean for example Deokman has the same rank as Dong yi's husband? And what's the reason? 

Here is the released news about the delay of the drama. It is set to be 2 weeks.

Following Park Joo-mi’s car crash on Oct. 23, KBS announced on Monday that it will postpone airing “A King’s Dream” for two weeks.

In its slot, the network will present nature documentaries.

“She needs time to rest for a full recovery,” said the network, adding that because Park plays Queen Seonduk, production could not continue without her.

Park’s co-star Choi Soo-jong was also involved in a car crash last month but returned to the set. Park is determined to follow suit, although she needs a little bit more time than the 50-year-old actor.

Park’s crash took place on the Ogori Highway in Gunwi County, North Gyeongsang. Her vehicle collided with a 25-ton truck.

At the time of the incident, although her stylist and manager were hurt, Park’s agency released a statement saying she was fine.

However, after undergoing a battery of tests at a hospital in Seoul, it was discovered that Park had internal injuries.

By Carla Sunwoo

melficegrandia said: English subtitles srt's has already been released by withs2.com but you need via acess/donation to download subs. Episode 1-10 has already been subbed and released in srt format. Hope someone will share those srt subtitles in facebook or email. Currently watching this drama with english subtitlle in hardsubbed format and so far its comparable to The Great Seer and King Gwanggaeto. Love this awesome drama and korea. Fighting!

Our beautiful Park Joo Mi as princess Deokman :X ... i still imagine she'll be more attractive when becomes king in later episodes... can't wait for the scenes ... dream on !

There are still 2 weeks left... im gonna run out of images ...

img1062og.jpg
img1060v.jpg
img1061dt.jpg
img1065i.jpg

Can you recognize them too ?

img1063bir.jpg
img1064di.jpg

BTS

p1100674.jpg
p1100675f.jpg
p1100678c.jpg

@kathybungard: Hello. >:D<
Credit to Truth, from ChicagoKDramaFanClub.
Buyeo Sung-Choong (? -- 656)
"I regret not listening to Sung Choong." King Uija expressed words of regrets after Baekje surrendered to Shilla and Tang forces. 
Sung Choong was part of the royal family. He was a very skilled tactician. One day, King Uija asked Sung Choong "If Shilla attacks, which place do you think they will be attacking?"
Sung Choong : "Shilla had been embittered about King Mu's takeover of Kajam Fortress for a long time, so they will definitely attack Kajam first." 
King Uija : "In that case, shouldn't we strengthen our defense at Kajam Fortress?"
Sung Choong : "Gyebaek the Lord of Kajam is a warrior with wisdom and bravery, so Shilla wouldn't be able to break our defense easily even if they surround the Kajam Fortress with their entire army. Also, quickly stabbing the enemy's weakness is a crucial war stretegy. If Shilla attacks Kajam, we should attack a Shilla fortress while pretending to send reinforcements to Kajam."
King Uija : "Where should we attack?"
Sung Choong : "I heard that Kim Choon Chu's son-in-law Kim Poom Seok the Lord of Dae Ya and KCC's daughter had been abusing their power by mistreating their soldiers and peasants, and enjoying excessive debauchery and extravagance. If they hear rumors about us having a national funeral, their defense will weaken. The Shilla forces also wouldn't be able to help Dae Ya while they are attacking Kajam. That would be our chance to take over Dae Ya, which would scare the Shillans and we would then be easily conquering the whole Shilla."
King Uija : "You have got to be the best tactician in history."
Uija appointed Sung Choong as the Prime Mininster and sent Sung Choong's brother Yoon Choong to attack Dae Ya Fortress. Yoon Choong used Geum-Il, a man who got his wife stolen by Kim Poom Seok, to confuse the enemy inside Dae Ya Fortress and eventually take over Dae Ya. Yoon Choong also conquered 40 other Shilla fortresses. 
One day, Sung Choong went to Goguryeo to make an alliance. When Goguryeo's dictator Yeon Gae So Moon stopped meeting Sung Choong for days, Sung Choong sent a person to find out why. It turned out Kim Choon Chu of Shilla was at Goguryeo to make an alliance as well. 
Sung Choong sent a letter to YGSM : "It would not matter if you are not going to fight against Tang. However, you will have to form an alliance with Baekje if you intend to fight against Tang. Tang and Sui continued to fail in their invasions against you, because they had problems on transporting food. If Baekje allies with Tang, then Tang would not only be able to attack you from your north side, they will also be able to attack you from your south side eating Baekje's rice. How dangerous would that be? Shilla is located on the coast of East Sea, so they would not only be able to help Tang very well, but Shilla also tricked both Baekje and Goguryeo by taking over 10 towns outside of Jukryung. How would you know for sure if Shilla makes alliance with you today and forms alliance with Tang tomorrow in order to take over Goguryeo?"
YGSM imprisoned KCC after reading this letter and formed an alliance with Baekje. 
Unfortunately, Baekje had a man named Imja who kept flattering Uija. When Sung Choong criticized Uija for partying too much, Imja insisted that Sung Choong got so arrogant for all his work in the past that he was ignoring the King. Uija imprisoned Sung Choong and starved him.
Days before Sung Choong starved to death, he wrote his last letter to Uija : "A loyal servant does not forget his king even after death, so I will say once more before dying. I have always observed the changes in the international affairs and I can say that the war will definitely happen. One must wisely choose the good geographical location in wars and we can only save as many soldiers as possible if we face the enemies at the upper river. If enemies attack, make sure their army does not cross Tan Hyun and make sure their navy does not cross the Baek River. We can only defend by depending on dangerous geographic locations." 
Sung Choong passed away on March of 656. King Uija didn't listen to Sung Choong and followed Sang Young's advice of letting the enemies cross Tan Hyun and Baek River in order to kill all of them once, which led to the downfall of Baekje. 

Credit to Truth, from ChicagoKDramaFanclub.
Buyeo Gyebaek (? -- 660)
King Uija gave 5,000 troops to Prime Minister Choong Sang, Gyebaek, and Sang Young to fight back. Prime Minister Choong Sang was the total commander, but Gyebaek and Sang Young were the ones who was supposed to all the fighting. However, Uija lost his faith in Sang Young for his ridiculous tactic, so Gyebaek was actually the one with the total commander role.
Gyebaek was part of the royal family as his surname was Buyeo. He feared that his wife and children might become slaves of the Shillans after the war, so he went to the battle after killing all of them. Every Shillans admired and respected Gyebaek when they heard this. 
Before the start of the Battle of Hwangsanbul, Gyebaek shouted to his troops "The Chinese King Goujian of Yue dynasty defeated 700,000 Wu dynasty forces with just 5,000 men. We are fighting 50,000 Shillans with 5,000 men. Today, we must fight and win to repay our debts to our nation."
Kim Yushin and Kim Pumil divided the army into three and attacked four times, but they could not defeat Gyebaek. Kim Yushin's brother Kim Heum Soon ordered his son Kim Bangul to break through the enemy front, but Bangul was killed by Gyebaek. Left General Kim Pumil then ordered his son Gwan Chang to break through the enemy front. Gyebaek admired the young man's bravery, so he let Gwan Chang live and sent him back to the Shilla front. Gwan Chang was embarassed by this, so he tried one more time as soon as he came back to the Shilla front. Gyebaek beheaded Gwan Chang this time, put his head on his horse, and sent it back to the Shilla front. The Shilla army was enraged by Gwan Chang's death, which enabled them to fight more fiercely and win the battle. 
Prime Minister Choong Sang and Sang Young surrendered. Gyebaek fought until death. 

I understand a few things from the drama. End of episode 18, Chunchu accuses Seungman for being an extremely horrible queen as she sent a letter to king Mu of Baekje said she will give them some of Silla's land if he helps her attack Silla's army (in Ep 15, 16) and the letter which was later returned to Chunchu by Uija.

I also hear a news that the drama team starts a strike today in Korea which means the drama could have been delayed for more if the producer is unable to settle it down earlier.

Another not good news for us . This is the message from viki.

I am sorry to say that it looks like Viki will not be able to negotiate a deal for the license of King's Dream. Too bad! I also regret to say that the right's owner is not permitting us to have access to the videos as a fan channel. We must respect their wishes. If anything changes I will send out a message to all followers.

As I worry about this before, since I've known KBS is much tougher than MBC and SBS about fan-subbing their dramas.

I don't really have hope for Withs2 now , and our only engsub source for this drama is KBS World which has the same broadcasting schedule as KBS both time and date, just give it a try.

It's over a week now but there's no more new episodes from dramacrazy.... :-w

LYA's character is seriously so annoying to watch. Her exaggerated facial expressions are such a turn off for me. I don't get the rationale of why Bihyung would keep a promise to the dowager Queen who has been nothing but evil in her scheming & machinations to put someone of her choosing ie. Seungman on the throne & protect her at that. I'm not overly fond of the Princess either. She came across as kind of cold even if her character is supposed to be kind & compassionate. And next to Seungman's exaggerated facial expressions ... she looked kind of stoned at times. And some of her meddlings make her either stupidly naive or evil like going across the King's wishes which endangers her little brother's life and had him & the mother thrown out from the palace. She then further endanger him again by telling Chunchu to take him under his wings to protect & train him to be future crown prince despite the King's warning again.

Bihyung was kind of one of my fav character earlier on but seeing how he's probably helped put Seungman on the throne and is now either just keeping a blind eye to her evil machinations or being stupidly ignorant of her evil deed ... he's kind of a bore now. It's like he's just killing time wating for Kim Yushin to finally takeover leadship for his bands of outlaws.

And Choi Sujong need to stop applying those eyeliners ... so distracting. Sorry for the rant ~

@exupery : It's okay .

oh you're sharp-witted , but i think there's none of the available places is enough to mention everything . I've already known that and I've left them behind and look at the bigger pictures , i mean to be open and accept them. >:D<

No episode this week ... there's still wide spaces for everyone to prepares for the next appearance. I wonder if the heads of KBS settled the strikes or not but I hope the drama won't be halted for more and I also think the producer doesn't dare to make their viewers wait too long. ;)

Archived