[OFFICIAL] SHINHWA (신화) THREAD #2

innasalvatore

lnaivic said: Hello,
I want to go to Shinhwa Hong Kong Concert but I am alone, if there is people who is going ? I just arrived in Hong kong since 3 weeks so I dont know much about the city. I will take a seating ticket....
Please PM me if I can join you guys

Just want to mention about Ahn Youngmi's kiss scene with Eric in the Grilled Ribs Restaurant skit:

"a scene which was shocking enough to abruptly turn Ahn Youngmi into a common enemy amongst Shinhwa fans" ~ I'm guessing the reporter was more of teasing by than really meant "enemy" literally since I don't see any hatred toward Ahn Youngmi for that scene.  Envy/jelly with her for that scene = YES, hate/turn her to enemy = NOOO!!!  Shinhwa/Eric's fans are mature enough :D and beside, it's not the 1st time Eric does kiss scene :P

2013.05.05 ‘SNL Korea’ Shinhwa, to think that there are such sexy ancestors

66432_original.jpg

In tvN “SNL Korea’s” broadcast on the 4th, Shinhwa, who appeared as hosts, showed a comedic side to themselves either by cross-dressing as a woman with paddings, golden wig and a beautifully made-up face or wearing traditional hats from Joseon Dynasty and putting on mustaches.

Group Shinhwa, who debuted in 1998, is called “the ancestors of idols” along with Fin.K.L, SES, and HOT.

What is the true meaning when the ancestors of idols appear as hosts for tvN ? Just like how it was when 4minute’s appearance as hosts were put to good use, sex appeal acting is the most basic. However sexy acting wasn’t all. On top of that, “funny-sad (funny yet sad) ” satire and even the boldness of not hiding their shortcomings. It was an episode of where you can see how to properly make use of Shinhwa.

In a previous sketch “(Django) Unchained”, the producers showed some risky scenes with Cultwo’s Jung Chanwoo’s and 2AM’s Jung Jinwoon’s lips come face-to-face, and this time, they tried an extension of that with Junjin and Lee Minwoo going all the way till just before kissing. Also, they actively portrayed highly R-rated homosexuality content through with scenes of hugging between men when Lee Minwoo, Junjin and Shin Hyesung rode on the back of Yoo Saeyoon’s motorbike. Shin Hyesung’s oddness even caused Yoo Saeyoon to give up on speeding.
Is it ok for an idol to be this sexy?

66599_original.jpg

▲ In tvN “SNL Korea’s” broadcast on the 4th, Shinhwa, who appeared as hosts, tried shocking transformations. Shinhwa’s Shin Hyesung is in the midst of a sensuous pose.

Before Shinhwa’s main course, which properly made use of homosexuality, they served up some appetizers. ”Night at the Museum”, “One Fine Spring Day” and “Eric’s Solution To A Burning Smell” were the 3 sketches that brought on the sex appeal in earnest.

“One Fine Spring Day” is a sketch exclusive to “Female Shin Dongyup” Ahn Youngmi, who is always throwing out the odd comment of “do you want to have ramyeon?” while ogling at the male hosts.

When Andy, who got caught as Ahn Youngmi made her move on him, woke up the next morning, Eric and Shin Hyesung greeted Andy, showing that Andy wasn’t the only one Ahn Youngmi made her moves on. This was a parallel to Nam Jihyun waking up on the same bed as Park Jaebum in 4minute’s episode.

The sketches where the essence of host Shinhwa’s sex appeal was made proper use of was “Night at the Museum” and “Eric’s Solution To A Burning Smell”. “Night at the Museum” made use of the setting in the similarly titled movie, where Shinhwa members were wax figurines that moved and talked when no one was around. At this sketch, the R-19 code started properly upon the appearance of Jung Myungok and Seo Yuri, who acted as cleaners.

Saying that wax figurine Eric’s lower body was dirty, Jung Myungok used her saliva to clean it. With only figurine Eric remaining dirty, security guard Kim Wonhae peeked into Eric’s lower body, and just like how 4minute’s sex appeal was used in a previous episode for the male viewers, this is the active usage of a male idol, for the sake of the female viewers and Shinhwa fans.

The last earnest use of Shinhwa’s sex appeal was in “Eric’s Solution To A Burning Smell”. Eric, who had opened up a BBQ restaurant, showed some aegyo while throwing out comments such as “Meat can’t be burnt, my heart is burning isn’t it” to female customers. When more than 50,000won is ordered, Eric will give a bbobbo service to the female customers, and for Seo Yuri, who came alone, he also made use of “meat assistant” Andy, who will sit at the same table and feed her meat.

No matter what, the last of the R-19 acting has to be the highest level premium service provided to regular female customers. To Ahn Youngmi, who has visited for the 30th time, Eric took out a motel key, told her “Go there first” and kissed her, a scene which was shocking enough to abruptly turn Ahn Youngmi into a common enemy amongst Shinhwa fans.

Mix of shortcomings and “funny-sad” satires

tumblr_inline_mmbezk8nUL1rb7x3v.jpg

▲ Korea’s longest running idols Shinhwa appeared as hosts for tvN’s “SNL Korea” and threw out a heavy message on school violence. Shinhwa member Lee Minwoo acts as an “Iljin” student.  *Iljin is a Korean slang used to describe students who are troublemakers and part of school gangs.

However, if the optimal usage of ancestor of idols Shinhwa as hosts is judged based on sex appeal, it is obviously just a semi-success. If that was the case, then just like the previous case of Park Jinyoung, it would’ve stopped at the host only focusing on sexiness for the whole episode, but the focus point of the optimal use of Shinhwa is on their confidence in not hiding their shortcomings, and also the addition of satires.

Let’s first take a look at the shortcomings. Amongst the Shinhwa members, Lee Minwoo is shorter than the other members. In the sketch “Night at the Museum”, the actors questioned wax figurine Lee Minwoo by saying “But this person is short?”, and with the response “He is short because he couldn’t eat properly due to the war”, they touched on Lee Minwoo’s height complex.

Ahn Youngmi, acting as the museum curator, explained to Park Jaebum and Kim Seulgi, “You know the female celebrity who boxes well right? This person is that celebrity’s ex-boyfriend”, was actually a comment that kept in mind that Junjin did use to date actress Lee Siyoung.

This was not all. Junjin is crowned “the king of 2 consecutive shortcoming revelations”. Junjin’s hilarious CF that promoted pesticide by saying “pesticide to be consumed after eating meat, Park Choongjae” was unforgettable. (Park Choongjae is Junjin’s birth name) Shortcomings that celebrities want to hide, such as their short height, ex-lover or their birth names etc, Shinhwa bravely revealed them all. It was outstanding acting with Shinhwa’s boldness at knowing how to turn things they want to hide into laughter.

Last of all, is the “funny-sad” satire. “South Face” was a sketch that made a caricature out of the relationship between school violence and windbreakers. Eric, wearing South Face, becomes a “bread shuttle” for Iljin Lee Minwoo, and Shin Hyesung, who challenged Lee Minwoo, and then turned Lee Minwoo in to the teacher, are all sad allegories on school violence. has not let go of the terrible truth of our nation’s education, which has yet to eradicate school violence.

The sketch by the current longest running idol Shinhwa on the dark reality of school violence is a funny-sad satire towards the teens. The funny-sad satire in 8th anniversary special where general manager Jung Junha was fired was not all. To the weekend viewers, Shinhwa’s “South Face” sketch is seen as a continuity of the funny-sad variety in a week earlier.

post3post4
Credit: spacegirlblue

2013.05.04 Netizenbuzz: 'SNL' Korea (Shinhwa)

post4

Article: 'SNL' Shinhwa Eric's burning briquette ribs, can't get funnier than this
Source: TV Report via Nate

1. [+140, -10] Shinhwa didn't do this with a 19+ rating but 109+ rating ㅋㅋ Thought my belly button was going to fall out because I was laughing so hard

2. [+140, -11] Ahn Young Mi won the lottery ㅜㅜ

3. [+124, -9] Talking about sex ㅋㅋㅋ pfft, that's nothing to idols in their 30s, I guess ㅋㅋㅋ So damn charming

4. [+42, -0] Shin Hye Sung shocked me more than when he cross dressed ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+40, -0] SNL today was crazy ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ totally 109+ rating ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+30, -2] What's SNL going to do for the future? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ They seem to have done everything they could to be funny with just this Shinhwa episode alone ㅋㅋ There's nothing more to do ㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+30, -1] Talking about sex is only possible because Shinhwa's been around for so long ㅋㅋㅋ

8. [+29, -3] Today's episode was really sexually suggestive ㅋㅋㅋㅋ and I burst out my seat and screamed when he kissed Ahn Young Mi ㅠㅠ

1367683276368.jpg

Article: 'SNL Korea' Shinhwa, 19+ rating and the variety idols have come together 'best combination'
Source:
X Sports News via Nate

1. [+77, -12] The run of anger ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I think this episode has to be the most 109+ rated episode in the history of this season ㅋㅋ

2. [+57, -23] I couldn't understand a word they were saying because the audience was so loud. It was fun but hard to hear through their reactions.

3. [+39, -13] They're legends, no one can beat them.

post2post11

Original articles: here Here and Here
Translation: Malpabo@tumblr, Netizenbuzz
Credit: Ommona

===========================================================

Rating for Saturday Night Live with Shinhwa was 1.218% AGB
Shinhwa Broadcast EP.54 was 1.076% AGB from the week before of 0.737%

(Source: Enewsworld)

Both hit over 1% mark. Great start for Shinhwa's comeback!!! :D

Hello dears!

I'm sooooo excited! I'll be in Seoul at 3 and 4th August, and I die to go to Shinhwa final concert!

Any of you know when the tickets will be available for purchase? And how to buy them?

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS RATED 19! ???   Only rated 19???  LOL!

LOL! I"m 51 and I was like :\">

I have never watched Saturday Alive so I don't know what I was expecting but I was really "surprised"!  especially the motorcycle scene!  LOL!  I'm surprised they finished filming that part.  I would have died laughing!

mommie Alice said: PLEASE REMEMBER THIS IS RATED 19! ???   Only rated 19???  LOL!

LOL! I"m 51 and I was like :\">

I have never watched Saturday Alive so I don't know what I was expecting but I was really "surprised"!  especially the motorcycle scene!  LOL!  I'm surprised they finished filming that part.  I would have died laughing!

Guest thespringmaid

OMG the album looks great!! They do sell it on music stores onthe 16th, right? Or just online? Omona, I hope I could see them!!

Guest linakyon

OMG the package looks awesome! I was planning on buying only the digital album,but now that I see the package comes with a photo book with 100 pages,I'll have to buy the physical album *.* 

Shinhwa XI “The Classic” Album Tracks Info

visual_album.jpg

Track 1: That’s right
 (Lyrics by: M Lee Minwoo, Composed by/Arranged by: Kim Dohyun)
“That’s right”, where Shinhwa member Lee Minwoo shows his talent for lyrics, is a Britpop song which, on top of a dynamic rhythm, has a cheerful guitar string that leaves an impression.

It is a song where, through the Shinhwa members’ appealing vocals and rap that match well together, you feel refreshed through lyrics such as “that’s right, fly up to even higher skies, carry all the dreams in the world and fly around freely as much as you please.” etc.

Track 2: Guy Who Knows (Lyrics by/Composed by/Arranged by: Ahn Youngmi)
Shinhwa’s first try at this genre, “Guy Who Knows” is a different kind of song where bass is not included in the melody.
Without destroying the charms of the rhythm loop,  and as an experiment, it proceeds only with real voice and chorus. Translation by malpabo tumblr com. The lyrics also expresses the pitiful love confession of a man who falls in love with a woman who is attached.

3. This Love [title song] (Lyrics by: Brian Kim, Composed & Arranged by: Lee McCutcheon, Andrew Jackson, James Flannigan)
This album’s title song is a present from Britain’s top music team Andrew Jackson and Lee McCuthcheon, who wrote Shinhwa’s 10th album’s title song “Venus”. “This Love” is an electronic dance song with a dreamy feeling introduction and a trendy beat, with lyrics by Brian Kim, who wrote Shinhwa’s 8th album’s “Once In A Lifetime”, and Lee McCuthcheon, who composed and produced this song, personally arranged this song in Britain to fit Shinhwa’s colours. It is a song completed with a sophisticated mixing that is not easily heard domestically.

4. Scarface (Lyrics by: Brian Kim, Composed & Arranged by: D30, Gavin Jones)
As an electronic hip-hop song with a strong sound, it is a song that contains the story of 6 men who holds out their hands to young females who are knocked down by life, hurt and want to give up on everything. Eric, Junjin and Andy’s especially intense rap are an obvious contrast but yet, excellently matches the chorus which gives a distinctive tension and you will experience the best sound ever that only Shinhwa can show.

5. New Me (Lyrics by: M Lee Minwoo, Composed by Lim Gwanguk, Andrew Choi, Arranged by: Lim Gwanguk)
If you’re someone who has experienced love, you will emphasize with this song, “New Me” is of the pop genre with an emotional melody and is a song with a sound made up of the excellent harmony between hiphop drum and acoustic instruments.

6. While Smiling… (Lyrics by: Choi Kabwon, Composed & Arranged by: Seo Jaewoo, Seo Yongbae)
A pop ballad song with drums that matches with the sweet melody. The imposing drum that appears at the start of the song matches superbly with the 6 voices of Shinhwa, it is a song that is different from the standard ballad, sounds like pop and is the birth of a Shinhwa-style ballad that is easy to listen to. Translation by malpabo tumblr com. The song keeps you constantly engaged as each member’s part gives off a different feeling, the arrangement was made to be as clean as possible and is a song where you can once again confirm that a singer’s voice is an instrument.

7. Mannequin (Lyrics by/Composed by/Arranged by: e. one)
An acoustic dance song that only Shinhwa can handle, seasoned by a funk groove and brass sound, the strength of this song is musicality that cannot be felt in electronic music, yet has a soft but solid sound.
Also, with mannequin as its lyrics concept,  it appropriately matches the melody and is described to be a song with an atmosphere, as if you’re watching a skit.

8. Hurricane (Lyrics by: M Lee Minwoo, Composed & Arranged by: Samuel Waelmo, Robert Vadadi, Young-hu Kim)
“Hurricane” is a collaboration between Sweden’s number 1 composer Samuel Waelmo, who has composed hit songs of singers worldwide, such as America’s Bon Jovi, Japan’s Arashi, etc, Robert Vadadi, and Shinhwa’s long-time music colleague, composer Kim Younghu, who worked on Shinhwa’s “I Pray 4 U”, “Just 2 be with U” etc.
With a strong electro-style beat, a melodic harmony, and a dynamic rap, as it is titled, it is a song that feels like a hurricane. The lyrics expresses one’s honest feelings towards a lady who has fallen in love and member Lee Minwoo participated in the lyrics.

9. I Gave You (Lyrics by: M Lee Minwoo, Composed & Arranged by: Melody9)
As a song with an acoustic guitar body hit and percussive playing style, it gives an overall comfortable feeling, and the melody of the chorus and piano accompaniment gives an even more refreshing feeling. “I Gave You” contains the message of remembering today’s happiness and being together eternally, and is a sweet song to be used when confessing to someone you love or when a couple gets married.

10. Love Song (Lyrics by: Sijin, Composed by/Arranged by 동네형)
With a refreshing guitar sound and rhythmic feel, “Love Song” is an uptempo house song produced by 동네형, who produced Mighty Mouth’s “Tok Tok”, “Bad Boy” etc. Translation by malpabo tumblr com. It expresses the feelings of a man who has fallen in love, with maturity unique to Shinhwa, and through this song, a lovely charm, different from Shinhwa’s usual image, can be felt.

Source: Shinhwa Company website
Translation by malpabo.tumblr.com
Edited by tuchoong

If all the tracks are announced for the album, how come we don't hear any preview anywhere?

Is there any news of them doing music shows to promote their albums?

I was hoping Yesasia would have pre-order but don't see it yet!

no other fan site is doing album ordering now that could help them on korea music chart?THE last time I just order from shinhwachanjo. now I don't see them updating anymore

Guest nayib1574

HI
my name is nayib i like shinhwa :)
One question ... can i pay via paypal in Gmarket (but i use paypal-normal- , i don't know what is  paypal express is different a paypal -normal-)

i want buy the new album of shinhwa

2013.05.07 Shinhwa XI “The Classic” album introduction

24 March 1998, the start of all everything… and today, 15 years later.

Now, chapter II of “Shinhwa” has started!!!
“Classic”, which is chosen as something that transcends time, and will always be “the best”!!
May 2013,from now on, Shinhwa is “CLASSIC”!!!

Breaking their 4 year break last year and returning as “Shinhwa”, Eric, Minwoo, Hyesung, Dongwan, Junjin and Andy had a successful comeback while showing what “perfection” is, to the extent that the time that passed pales in comparison.

Since their debut, they have constantly shown powerful and stylish performances that is possible because it is “Shinhwa”, and had captured the hearts of the general public. If, up till the point they gathered together after 4 years and had a successful comeback, that was the “chapter 1” that “only one Shinhwa”, which no one can copy, had shown, the 11th album that will go on sale on 16th May, will become the first step of “chapter II”, that lets it be known what “Shinhwa” can show.

In particular, along with their 15th anniversary, they held their “Shinhwa 15th Anniversary Concert” last March, and with its successful end, it becomes a meaningful occasion which, together with fans, commemorates the start of a 2013 that is exceptionally special to Shinhwa.

And presenting the 11th album [The Classic].

Just like what Eric said, “what has been around for a long time is not old and we will show what a ‘masterpiece’ that gains even more recognition as time passes by is”, as a “classic” Shinhwa, and of the highest quality, an album that contains masterpieces that  represents Shinhwa is released.

Shinhwa’s 11th album [The Classic] has the participation of Britain’s top music team, Andrew Jackson team, who composed last year’s 10th album title song “Venus” and led Shinhwa to a successful return, Sweden’s number 1 composer Samuel Waermo and Robert Vadadi, who composed hit songs for international singers like Bon Jovi, Arashi etc, Kim Dohyun, who made Lee Hyori’s “10 Minutes”, Ahn Youngmi, who composed Shin Hyesung’s 4th full album title song “Tick Tock Tick Tock” etc, Brian Kim, who composed Shinhwa’s “Once In A Lifetime”, Andrew Choi, who was in the top 3 of SBS “Kpop Star 2” and remembered as great composer, etc, and is, in the real sense of the word, a product where top musicians internationally and domestically participated in and has a high level of completion.
On the other hand, “This Love” is a song that went through a tough battle up till the end before emerging as the title song for the 11th album.  The lyrics were penned by Shinhwa’s 8th album title song “Once In A Lifetime’s” composer Brian Kim, and is “the best ever dance track” gifted by British composer Andrew Jackson, who composed the 10th album’s title song “Venus”, and producer Lee McCutcheon.

“This Love”, of the electronic genre, starts of with a dreamy feeling while presenting a trendy beat, and is a song that shows an abundant passion towards “love”, where one lives everyday in order to win “this love” and continuously dreams of love.

In particular, after composer Andrew Jackson’s team gifted “Venus” to Shinhwa last year, they fell in love with Shinhwa’s music and sent a love call first for this album through “This Love”, and showed his enthusiasm by personally participating in the mixing at the end, resulting in the birth of a classic song.

A title song that came about like that plus in this album, Shinhwa not only worked with composers that they have always worked with, they have also worked with rookie composers who are participating in Shinhwa’s album for the first time, and have worked hard to add in new colours of Shinhwa, while not losing their usual musical colours.

On top of that, member Lee Minwoo personally participated in writing the lyrics for a total of 4 songs, “That’s Right”, “Hurricane”, “New Me”, and “I Gave You”, while Eric was in-charge of writing and producing all the raps for the whole album. It is a product that all the composers and Shinhwa members gave their all, in terms of musical capabilities and skills, in order to create the best and the coolest album.

Also, this album, apart from the songs, with Korea’s top photographer Jo Seonhee participating in the album jacket, and music video director Jo Soohyeon, who worked on Psy’s “Gangnam Style”, “Gentleman”, Girls Generation’s “Gee”, SHINee’s “Why So Serious” etc, this album is, in every sense of the word, full of things to listen, see, and enjoy, and will, for a long time, be recognized as a representative “masterpiece album” of Shinhwa’s.

16 May 2013. Shinhwa Chapter II [The Classic]
Continuing the Shinhwa (legend) with Shinhwa, you will meet with the best album that leaves behind the strongest impression ever in Shinhwa’s history.

Source: Shinhwa Company website
Translation by malpabo.tumblr.com

================================================

Japanese actress Fujii Mina will appear in Shinhwa "This Love".  She's Hongki's wife in WGM!!!
(Source: Newsen)

PS13050800091.jpg

AND Shinhwa will be voguing for "This Love" MV!!!! \O/  \O/  \O/  \O/

shinhwa_comeback_2013.jpg