SM AUDITION - New York

Guest Ella_Kwan

aw wow thanks for sharing yur experiences with us~~ :D

<3

do any of yu guys know how acting went??

maybe its later on tonight..

ANY SOOMPIER WHO AUDITIONED FOR ACTING;

PM ME THE DETAILS PLEASE :D

wow im so proud of yu guys, especially the ones that are sick..

i bet yu guys did awesome~ :DDD

i hope in korea the open auditions will be the same~

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest IM TOKKI

^ Oh I remember you Style.Taku!! You were the guy with the cool backpack who was so nice enough to try to help out ^__^ Nice style!! And you're cute. =D

My experience is kind of embarassing but I will share anyway =)

I got there pretty early with my friend since my church was a few blocks away. I was number 14 and she was right after me. I met quite some people!! Not all soompiers but they were all so nice and friendly =)

Number 12 was a soompier!! (ddong) She sang a very cute and sweet song. I think the judges liked it because they smiled =) Number 13 was also a soompier (dbsgxsarang or something i forgot sorry!!) and she was so sweet and pretty and sang very well =)

When it was my turn, I sang, well tried to sing, Lydia by FIR. I was so very very nervous. I don't even know why. And as I sang more, I kept trembling all over. It was the second most embarassing thing ever for me. I think they smiled at me either in encouragement or in amusement over my shaking T__T but i had trouble controlling my voice during the chorus. I was actually pretty upset. If I wasn't so nervous I couldve done so much better. I was only able to calm down when I held hands with my friend. Thank God i went with my best friend <3 So tips for auditioning people: DON"T be nervous and bring a friend. =D

Actually, I think everyone in my group sang pretty well. The first guy was pretty good. There's this tall, skinny, pretty chinese girl who sang so crisp and clear. She was good. Another girl sang Hero and she had a very strong voice. This guy sang his own composed song. He was good and I liked his lyrics. I felt bad for the two girls whose CD won't work though. They had to dance to a random song =\ This girl who was trying out for modelling did the walk but told them she didn't want to do the poses. She should've went for it!!

They made everyone freestyle to a song at the end. Maybe 20sec? To add to my episode of embarassment, I can't dance. T_T

kja;lkhudshkjkjs Oh well =) I tried. Woot to all the soompiers who tried =D

Guest justjenn.

aw wow thanks for sharing yur experiences with us~~ :D

<3

do any of yu guys know how acting went??

maybe its later on tonight..

ANY SOOMPIER WHO AUDITIONED FOR ACTING;

PM ME THE DETAILS PLEASE :D

wow im so proud of yu guys, especially the ones that are sick..

i bet yu guys did awesome~ :DDD

i hope in korea the open auditions will be the same~

There was this one guy that acted. They just asked him to start and he had a scene memorized. It was kind of cheesy, no offense, something about 'look up at the star' and something about an imaginary girl's eyes that was relevant to the stars. So yeah.

Style.Taku: Thanks for the encouragement >.< I think it's just so that I won't be so disappointed if I didn't make it.

IM TOKKI: Do you remember number 10? Girls with long hair and glasses? She's a firned, and was wondering how she did because I can't get in contact with her :T

Guest justjenn.

hey i just got back from the auditions! i did singing! i was really nervous! some guy before me was really good they started asking him questions and told him to sing another song! i think i did pretty bad at least the judges let me get to the chorus part! all u do is just go in and wait and then u say ur name and number and wat ur doing i was number 145! it doesn't matter wat ur doing u have to kind of dance! freestyle i really sucked at that part and if ur modeling they may ask u to sing lyk they did to one of the guys but overall going to the auditions was really fun and i would say it's a good experience and i'd definetly do it again!

Was his name Han Jae Ho? He's a friend of mine and I think he was around that number. He's an incredible singer, probably literally equally as great as SG Wannabe. Around 5'9", thick hair, skinny, big eyes, FOB? Just asking ^^

wow~~ hope some you guys get in ^___^

DC auditions are in a WEek!!! gaHH

any good advice?

about how many ppl showed up at the NY Auditions tho?

thats kinda messed up that they only let u guys audition for only one category.. =___=

What did most of the guys sing & what were they wearing? Did a lot of guys stand out look wise? Were there more girls than guys? Thanks. ^^

Guest IM TOKKI

No one really stood out to me lookwise cept for the guy who i believe is Style.Taku. I saw one cute korean fobby gasooish guy. Nothing special in clothing.

I didn't get to meet the "meet up group" of soompiers because i had to rush back to church >__< Can we like meet up again for fun's sake??

Guest justjenn.

What did most of the guys sing & what were they wearing? Did a lot of guys stand out look wise? Were there more girls than guys? Thanks. ^^

I think there were more girls than guys, but pretty much equal. A few people sang Disney songs, Tong Hua, If I Ain't Got You, and like 90's songs. Most of the guys in my group were native Koreans, so they sang in Korean. A few guys wore a nice black matching attire and my friends have their own punk style and such. Some girls tried a bit too hard with the whole mini-skirt, hair done, full blown make-up and high heels. One guy had crazy spiky hair and a anime character look to him. But the rest was just casual.

Guest bloosky

Ah. Today.....

The judges were.. okay..

yeah it's nerve-wrecking. I'm over it now..

Everyone told me I sang really LOUD.. so I mustve sucked ><

The judges had this uninterested look.. they're like "OK THANK YOU" and looked at the next person.. This one Chinese girl kept singing.. they kept asking her questions.. and this guy was breakdancing!! I was worried though, if he would bang into the table ><

Embarrassing, but kinda.. FUN ^^

Guest miss_xchunsah

AHH justjenn! werent u wearing a blue shirt? hi. i was in ur group i messed up on the song LOL

u probably know me right lol xP i was number 49 xP

and and STYLETAKU i saw you mang

when u were leaving the stage i said you did good lol

and before that, at like 10:30, u were practicing outside with ur backpack and wow, ur backpack's pretty cool mang

speakers and spikes and stuff O_O; LOL

Guest Ella_Kwan

I was with most of the soompis & i lost some.. lol, i was # 35.... John went be4 us & then i belive 32, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, and 49 were all soompis!!! lol... i scarmed "soompi".. lolol

well me & the others were like we arent going to post.. lol... we got lazy... & tried..

In the begging the didnt ask any1 qustions or to sing another song... why???? i just read that some dude got asked qustions & sang another song....

I'm realllllllllllly nervos!!!!!! i want to be in the finals mad bad!!!

John, u dance realy well... I'm not sure if any1 heard me sing... O_O i sang i hope u dance... then me & the group talked to the staff lady, shes nice & we went to eat & this ajumma asked us stuff & we told her about the auditions & me & gloria sang, we hoped 4 a discount! lolol on food... lol... then we went back be/c i had to use the bathroom & ppl were like tell me ur experiance... justin (this kid) told this girl random stuff...lolol we told the truth & ppl got scared.. lolol fun!!!!!

i need a call!!!!!!!!!!!!! *not going to give detailes on my aud.* really worried!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit--

be4 we went on we were in the back room & dancing to ppl's sings, lol...

IM TOKKI, i heard you sing, our group was in the back, i sang along w/ u w/ gloria...lol

the judgees were okays... the one sitting near the tv was the nicest... i felt the one far from the tv didnt give a crap.. :P

my friend andrew did modeling & he did this funny walk & poses.. then we did funky freestyle...lolol

I was wereing a gray-ish green & white small flowers pattered t-shirt w/ whit flat, blue jeans, a sliver belt & a sliver head band... who saw me??? lolol

i would soooooooooo do it over again... err

Guest justjenn.

No one really stood out to me lookwise cept for the guy who i believe is Style.Taku. I saw one cute korean fobby gasooish guy. Nothing special in clothing.

I didn't get to meet the "meet up group" of soompiers because i had to rush back to church >__< Can we like meet up again for fun's sake??

What church you go to? Mine was like a block away since I go to FUMC. Haha, we should all go to norebang or something. O.O

AHH justjenn! werent u wearing a blue shirt? hi. i was in ur group i messed up on the song LOL

u probably know me right lol xP i was number 49 xP

and and STYLETAKU i saw you mang

when u were leaving the stage i said you did good lol

and before that, at like 10:30, u were practicing outside with ur backpack and wow, ur backpack's pretty cool mang

speakers and spikes and stuff O_O; LOL

Oh, were you the girl singing "If I Ain't Got You?" You were pretty good~ You reached the high parts pretty well. ^.^ Oh wait...you were the friend of that girl right? You were wearing pink and had a ponytail?

Haha and yeah, Style.Taku's red spikes on his backpack xP.

Guest miss_xchunsah

^lol no im the girl that sang if i aint got you lol my friend is the girl with the pink ponytail. omgsh after that stupid mistake i had, i dont think i have a chance am i right? =/

Guest justjenn.

^lol no im the girl that sang if i aint got you lol my friend is the girl with the pink ponytail. omgsh after that stupid mistake i had, i dont think i have a chance am i right? =/

No, I think the judges seemed pretty understanding. You were nervous, and that happens to anyone. They will merely judge you on your singing which wasn't bad. I mean, I kind of feel because I kind of like...messed up at the end cause I was shaking, but they seemed to understand. How did I do? I was so nervous, and conscious about my surroundings, I wasn't listening to myself. :/ And I don't think I did my best T^T.

Guest trashstar

hmm...well i was 79 and sang "killing me softly." i doubt i caught the judges' attention, sadly. lol especially since the girl after me sang the same song but better lol and she was a lot prettier and korean so they told her to sing a song in korean :x

surprisingly, i did dance to the freestyle. it was funny and awkward lol

Guest miss_xchunsah

No, I think the judges seemed pretty understanding. You were nervous, and that happens to anyone. They will merely judge you on your singing which wasn't bad. I mean, I kind of feel because I kind of like...messed up at the end cause I was shaking, but they seemed to understand. How did I do? I was so nervous, and conscious about my surroundings, I wasn't listening to myself. :/ And I don't think I did my best T^T.

OMG!!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!

JEnnifer shin right?

u were liek the frikkin BEST

i mean really the BEST

halfway thru the song, my friend and i were staring at each other wide-eyed making the facial expression of "wow! she's soo good" since we couldn't talk xPPP

i have no chance of getting in cus i was soo bad..

oh u know what happened?

i went too high in the chorus lol it's not supposed to go that high but i didn't know where the note starts from and i was soo nervous so i started really high xP

plus i felt like such a dork..since everyone was like staring at me like i sucked my butt off +_=;

Guest IM TOKKI

What church you go to? Mine was like a block away since I go to FUMC. Haha, we should all go to norebang or something. O.O

Queens Herald Church. Its on 162 st so it's like a ten block walk =) But yes we sould really all norebang =D

Archived