Jelita: Thanks for the pics! Gosh you got some really closeup pics there....nice!

I wish Midas would release some kind of official trailer already...can't wait...hehehe

Apparently they did the poster shooting yesterday so hopefully they'll release the posters soon.

Filming Midas on 2011.01.19-20 midnight

55917056201101231731041123480584919_000.jpg

55917056201101231731041123480584919_001.jpg

more filming scenes at the Midas thread

http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/354842-drama-2011-feb-21-2011-midas-%EB%A7%88%EC%9D%B4%EB%8D%94%EC%8A%A4/page__st__80__gopid__16858067#entry16858067

credit: Amy0211 http://www.krdrama.c...384490-4-1.html

glad all of u like it...i have more..will post later but not today. very busy because month end and today is monday hehe

we chatted for a while and one of my friends asked him if he could dance. he was a bit shy and hesitated a bit and later told us he is too old to dance hahahaha!! and we told him a SNSD song 'tell me your wish'...asked him to do the leg dance thing. he just laughed. hehe

i didn't get his signature...about 15 of us there and there were 3 bodyguards too so we didn't want to cause any harm to him and us being chased away. so we quietly took pics and when he came near us....we chatted nicely. lucky actually the bodyguards just stood aside because we really behave. we managed to get group pics (a lot actually hahahaa). in the end i managed to stand beside him and he put his hand on my shoulder (soooooo happpyyyy)

he went back to Seoul the same day he came from Singapore. he took Korean Air..departure time 11.59 pm. actually after finished PC, i asked around for his departure flight info and lucky to get it. so me and few friends (around 15 of us) went to airport to send him off.

i'll be back to post some pic during FM/PC and pics at airport too. i'm not really a fan but have watched all his dramas and few movies. i'm more like supporter of kdramas/kmovies/kpop actually hehe!!

Jelita - So you are one of those professional K pop/drama stars followers? hahaha.

Hyuk is so kind to have oblige to the dance!

So lucky of you to have chatted with him. Did you guys speak in English? Or he had a translator?

hahatk - thanks for the pix! Hyuk has done lots of publicity for adidas wearing that jacket. I am beginning to wonder if Adidas has given that jacket free to alot of people because I am now watching My princess and their BTS pix and Song Seung Heon had the exact same jacket!

Guest jen2010

Hi Jelita, thanks for sharing the experience :) Looking forward to your updates

Found these 2 clips on Hyukie in Spore

Don't sure why the person cut away the translator portion. I have no idea what is he talking about :P

Hahatk - thanks for the filming pics. Hyuk looks really young in this hairstyle, to the extent that I thought he look kinda cute, like a little boy :lol:

Hi Jelita, thanks for sharing the experience :) Looking forward to your updates

Found these 2 clips on Hyukie in Spore

Don't sure why the person cut away the translator portion. I have no idea what is he talking about :P

Hahatk - thanks for the filming pics. Hyuk looks really young in this hairstyle, to the extent that I thought he look kinda cute, like a little boy :lol:

Thanks Jen for the YT links. Thank goodness that tiffanysj did type out the Q&A for us.

Jang Hyuk being interviewed briefly by the host. He wanted to reply in English but decided to switch to Korean halfway.

Q: How do feel coming back to Singapore

JH: When I first came to Singapore, they had just started to build Marina Bay Sands but it is now completed. I also went to take a look at some of the shooting sites and were surprised (at the changes).

Q: How did you prepare for your role as Do Hyun in the new drama, Midas?

JH: Do Hyun is different from all my previous roles. I had to learn alot of political and law terms which was quite difficult.

Q: What is your most memorable or favourite scene so far?

JH: There was a scene where I had to sing and he wanted to do it well, but I am not a good singer. However, everyone thought I was acting by singing badly. It was a really difficult song to sing.

Q: Is there anything you would like to say to your Singapore fans?

JH: I would like to thank all my fans who welcomed me warmly at the airport as well as all the supporter present. I am also grateful to all the fans who sent me food and snacks whilst I was in the army.

Jang Hyuk leaving his handprint in gold. ^^ The Midas touch.

I'm also looking forward to jelita's add'l pics and details of Hyuk's tour :wub:

Thanks Jen and hahatk for the video link and transcript! :)

I cant help but notice that the backdrop is rather budget with a powerpoint projection. ^_^

Chessy emcee asking Hyuk to leave his Midas touch! :D

Tiffanysj seems to have alot of Hyuk videos on Youtube, does she drops by Soompi?

EDIT: Jung Woo Sung injured while filming Athena.

Athena will have to stop broadcasting on Jan 25. Midas is supposed to takeover from Athena on Feb 21. One report say that an interim ep of Athena (Soo Ae's secret) will be broadcast. Are they so sure next week they can still screen as per normal?

So it means Midas get pushed back too. Its high time Korea change the way they film their drama!!Everything is so rush and they put actor's lives at risk excl.gif

As promised hehe

During PC...i like his hair the most. i got fed up with the typical korean celebs (male) hairstyles already. hehe

P1060695.jpg

P1060692.jpg

P1060686.jpg

During FM....how to differentiate?? He buttoned his jacket during PC and let it loose during FM ekeke!!

P1060657.jpg

At KLIA....he is so cute with his bag. Actually we arrived early around 8.30 pm and he came around 10 pm. I saw him first coming out from the car. From far i can recognised him already...with leather jacket and flat cap. the bodyguards saw us and tried to trick us by using other entrance instead the door that where we were. we moved slowly to follow him too but then we realised they actually tried to deceive us. We've been stalking KCelebs at airport so many times already so we know hahahaha!!

P1060707.jpg

Enjoyyy!!!

Guest Jill4675

As promised hehe

During PC...i like his hair the most. i got fed up with the typical korean celebs (male) hairstyles already. hehe

During FM....how to differentiate?? He buttoned his jacket during PC and let it loose during FM ekeke!!

At KLIA....he is so cute with his bag. Actually we arrived early around 8.30 pm and he came around 10 pm. I saw him first coming out from the car. From far i can recognised him already...with leather jacket and flat cap. the bodyguards saw us and tried to trick us by using other entrance instead the door that where we were. we moved slowly to follow him too but then we realised they actually tried to deceive us. We've been stalking KCelebs at airport so many times already so we know hahahaha!!

Enjoyyy!!!

thanks, Jelita! These are great pics! You're funny! :) I totally agree about the hair. This style is good, but I really dislike the "hair combed forward into the eyes" look...so boring...and I cannot imagine it's nice to have your hair in your face like that!

Congratulations on outsmarting the bodyguards! :lol:

PS: That is a strange suit jacket he has on with the extra lapel and the "pseudo-vest"...! :wacko:

sunglasses2.gif

Guest jen2010

Thanks Jelita for the pics :)

Looks like Hyukie worn the same leather jacket & cap (i think) when he came to Spore :P

GQ Mag shooting session

http://www.style.co.kr/gq/tv/tv_view.asp?menu_id=04070400&c_idx=01010505000003101

Thank you for the pics Jelita! Good job on getting those pics..hehehe.

Jill: Don't you know our Hyuk by now? That little fashionista always like to have a tiny spin on his attire.

Just wanna add some translation on Hyuk's interview:

Everything else is pretty much what he said but he talked more on this particular question:

Q: How did you prepare for your role as Do Hyun in the new drama, Midas?

A: For this role, the character has desires and ambitions. I prepared on how is he going to live tomorrow and what is he going to do tomorrow. How he'll live in that world, I also have to learn the legal jargons and terms.

gosh Jen...loking at Hyuk in long hair looks weird now.....I guess it didn't take long for me to get used to his short hair..hehehe. His long hair feels ages ago eventhough it's been less than 2 months.

Guest tiffany

Hi Jen2010

Thanks for posting my video clips here. I cut out the translator's portion because well, the whole clip would have been very long and frankly, she wasn't very good. Even with my limited Korean, I know she didn not traslate fully what Jang Hyuk said. That's why I typed out the Q&A for all.

qwenli

I do drop by soompi but I am very, very quiet. ^^

And finally, I have managed to finish my post about the press conference and launch. You can read about it here on my new site Seoul Rhythms

I hope you will enjoy reading them.

It is not my first contact with Jang Hyuk. I was part of the extras when he filmed the movie, Dance of the Dragon in Singapore. He is alot more matured and manly now. ^^

Thanks Jelita and you're an experienced KCelebs stalker :w00t: . Hyuk's jacket is kind of unique and interesting.

Jen: Thanks for the GQ vid. I'm also not used to see Hyuk in long hair any more. He looked tired in the shooting session. He needed more BB cream or eye concealer to cover his eye bags :(

Tiffany: Thank you so much for the vids and link to your report on Hyuk. Your report is thorough and nice. I'm looking forward to seeing your group picture with Hyuk now :P

last...from FM

P1060673.jpg

and at airport

P1060703.jpg

me being a good stalker..thanks to the guy in my avatar...i've been stalking and chasing him around SEA countries and korea about 2 years already. and also follow some idols when they came here to malaysia.

nice meeting all of u here :D

Ocha - Thanks for the additional translation.

Tiffany - Thanks for your pix and writeup! How did you manage to attend the press conference? Did you just walked into Ritz Carlton? Your blog is very nice, the article is very clear too. :) I have posted the link to Baidu for the Chinese fans to go and have a look.

I cant help but noticed the way that Hyuk press his hands down onto the clay is like he is trying to do push up? haha.

And the Korean Ambassador's name is Oh Joon? That's the name of Hyuk's character in Robber. hahaha.

Thank you so much Jelita, Tiffanny and JH's lover for the latest info. Actually I was in Singapore on the day JH landed there, and also tried to be Kstalker. i tried to find him, but end up at Jay Cau Green Hornet Movie promotion (didn't see Jay also). I'm still green in this celebrities stalker thing, I need to learn a lot from Jelita he he.(Jelita, really enjoy reading your post).

tiffany: Thanks for writing about your experience on your blog. The pics are really nice too. About the brief description on Midas..is that something that was told during the press conference? I'm asking because I'm seeing different synopsis from different places for Midas.

Next time don't be so quiet here...hehehe..we'd love to see more people post...and I promise we won't bite! :lol:

Jelita: Once again thank you! And I love your nickname too..hehehe. A pretty nick for a pretty person. :)

So anyway guys I read on DC that Hyukie helped Chun Jung Myung to get into his sageuk role in 'The Duo'. CJM has never acted in a sageuk before so he asked Hyuk for some pointers. And I'm sure he got plenty of advice from Hyuk..hehehe...it isn't clear how long the conversation is..but knowing Hyuk..it's bound to be lengthy, right? :lol:

I think it's just heartwarming to hear how Hyuk always helps out his juniors in the industry.

EDIT:

2010 KBS Drama Awards with Eng Subtitle

Thanks to apqaria for the tip!

Guest tiffany

qwenli

Thanks for posting on baidu. I know quite a few of the Chinese fans have been visiting my site. ^^ I was invited to attend the press conference. Err...cannot just waltz into a press conference. :rolleyes:

o-cha

The synopsis of the drama as well as the various characters analysis were given out during the press conference. I just wrote an edited version of it. But you know Korean dramas right, things can and do get change.

I'll try and be a little bit more active here in the future.

Tiffany: Oh its cool to be invited to a press con! But well I did ever waltz into one before, haha.

Ocha: Hyuk is so nice to give advice to Chung. Yep, I am sure the conversation will not be anything less than an hour! :D