Dear Daydee and Maew Maew,

If you have read the some of the earlier posts, you will know most of us have given our thoughts on this drama. Most dont have high expectations. Its a Chinese production (somebody may trash me on this), there was styling issues (particularly his hair), the story is not original blah blah.

Its ok, in an actor's life, there will be hits and misses. In anycase, the ratings of this show in China is not bad, the drama made money, Hyuk got his paycheck and an experience of working on a foreign drama which he enjoys.

So I say: nevermind, nevermind and I see no evil, hear no evil.... :ph34r:

Yuuup none of us are enthused about Hyuk's participation in Fall In Love With Anchor Beauty..we'll be the first one to complain about that..hehhehe. Having said that I see his participation only as a way for him to branch out to China and testing the waters there....so can't complain on that particular aspect.

What we are all looking forward to is his next Korean drama....hehehhe

I hope we get to see pics from the fan signing.

Guest Jill4675

Samzz - Thanks for the photos!

Please see this Baidu link for Hyuk's appearance at the Eider autograph session. Scroll down to post 12 onwards. There are even videos.

Baidu forum

Thanks, qwenli! Lucky fans...he was looking great (I'm so used to that hair now, I think I'll REALLY miss it if it goes away!!! :lol::rolleyes: )

BTW, I'm so glad I did not waste my time to watch more than the first little bits of AAE...Thank god that is over...let's forget it and move on. And I'm quite happy now that he is NOT in Secret Garden, which still sounds like a really risky project to me. As for Poseidon, I'm a bit worried. Sometimes the dramas that try to showcase something like police or whatever can be very unfocused. An example is the absolutely terrible drama Air City (about Incheon), which had no decent plot, terrible (REALLY awful) writing, and even worse direction. I'm concerned there may be too many characters in Poseidon, also concerned about the writing... Well, it's not even confirmed yet he'll take the role... :unsure:

th_sunglasses2.gif

samzz: thanks for the pics! I love how the Chuno trio get along so well. We can really see that they have great comraderie and the atmosphere is always so great when the three of them are together.

qwenli: thanks for the link!

Hyukie is really..how to say..in Korean they have the term called '훈남' (hoon nam) which literal meaning is 'warm man' but means more in the line of a man who has a good personality, works hard and is well liked by everyone. That's exactly the kind of impression that I get looking at Hyuk. Yes he is handsome but what is really attractive about him is not his face but all the thing that make him Hyuk. He gives off a warm/kind feeling.

Jill : yeah no official word on Poseidon yet...but all directions seem to point to Hyuk accepting this role. I'm just unsure about the writer. He doesn't have much experience writing for a drama. The writer has had plenty of experience writing for animation movie but his only drama experience is 'IRIS'. The director is okay..not the greatest but not bad. What worries me too though is the fact that they're gonna shoot this is in the dead of winter and how cold will the waters be?? I mean we can safely assume they'll be some kind of going under water or sea scene, right? It must be freezing!!!

Section TV's Jang Hyuk coverage while attending Korean Drama Festival. Hyukie is sooo funny. Seriously he has gotten so much funnier and looser nowadays.

http://serviceapi.nmv.naver.com/flash/NFPlayer.swf?vid=247A77E32FA1BF80F4B74A1D19A2744A2790&outKey=V1285a189ee02b392b4447f0cccd89c1657bb05b4a438fc566a647f0cccd89c1657bb

From the clip

00:54 Reporter: What is the concept behind your attire?

00:55 Hyuk: Just to be neat... (laughs)

01:14 Question: How do you feel about the award?

01:14 Hyuk: I have no other thoughts besides to keep working hard

01:17 PD: Are you also here tomorrow?

01:18 Hyuk: Yes

01:20 PD: Are you going to talk to Section TV?

01:20 Hyuk: Of course

01:50 Oh Ji Eun: Did you do any kind of research/study to come up with that facial expression?

Hyuk : (just laughs)

01:57 OJE: What is your know-how/specialty on acting with facial expression?

Hyuk: From crying at the dining table (laughs)

From 02:31

Reporter: Top tier actor Jang Hyuk-ssi and new star Oh Ji Eun-ssi are here. I sincerely congratulate you. You received the award for Best Actor over God Of Study's Kim Soo Ro, Giant's Lee Bum Soo, IRIS's Lee Byung Hun and Baker King's Jeon Gwang Ryeol.

Hyuk: I think it's because I took off my shirt. (LOL!!!!)

Reporter: Oh Ji Eun-ssi, this is your first time meeting Jang Hyuk-ssi. What do you think about him?

OJE: I've seen him on TV. He seems to have the aura of someone that is hard to approach. But after meeting him in person, he's warm and friendly like a next door oppa.

Hyuk: I'm extremely approachable (but the way he says it is so funny like he's so 'easy' :lol:).

Question: What is Jang Hyuk's first impression of Oh Ji Eun?

Hyuk: I thought she was going to fly with her wings

Reporter: Her wings are coming out now

Reporter: When people watch you in Chuno (they say) you have the perfect abs. Is that something that you want to keep accompanying you (as in his image of having a perfect ab)?

Hyuk: That's just a small part of what I have

Hyuk: In the past I took up the workout (Jeet Kune Do) because I wanted to be healthy moreso that to make my body. Because I have to keep showing (my body) I have to keep exercising and because of that people think I have a rough image.

Reporter: Because it's Jeet Kune Do

Hyuk: But actually I have to say something now. I'm not that kind of a rough person. I'm serious, has manners, tender and gentle man. (then Hyuk even gave a smile to try to convince people..sooo funny..:lol:)

Reporter: Do you feel all warm inside from being Hallyu star?

Hyuk: Of course I feel warm. The Yen is coming in.

Reporter: You're wearing a mini dress today.

OJE: Because I keep making mistakes at awards so I decided to wear this

Reporter: Since today is the concert are you going to sing?

Hyuk: Oh that'll be big trouble.

Hyuk: Though I have an album but I didn't sing. I rapped.

Reporter: Any song that you enjoy singing?

OJE: (sings a song)

At the end Hyuk said "To Section TV viewers, please watch out for colds. I will meet you again with a cool image."

Guest Jill4675

Section TV's Jang Hyuk coverage while attending Korean Drama Festival. Hyukie is sooo funny. Seriously he has gotten so much funnier and looser nowadays.

http://serviceapi.nmv.naver.com/flash/NFPlayer.swf?vid=247A77E32FA1BF80F4B74A1D19A2744A2790&outKey=V1285a189ee02b392b4447f0cccd89c1657bb05b4a438fc566a647f0cccd89c1657bb

:lol:sign0020.gif Thanks for this, o-cha! I have always loved his sense of humor, and you're right...he's even funnier lately!!! Honestly, he had quite a few comedic scenes in, for example, Tazza...he was hilarious! computer-11.gif

innocent0001.gif PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let his next project be one that is worthy of his talents! Or I may have to fly to Seoul and beat some people up!!! :angry::rolleyes:

th_sunglasses2.gif

Guest jen2010

Thanks for sharing the clip on Section TV and the translation.

Hyukie is such a funny guy :)

Hope to see him appear in some drama soon...

innocent0001.gif PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let his next project be one that is worthy of his talents! Or I may have to fly to Seoul and beat some people up!!! :angry::rolleyes:

Jill - I dreamt of Seoul again last night. Maybe we should go Seoul together one day but hopefully not to have to smash anything. heehee

Ocha - Thanks for the translation. I put it up on Baidu too. Hyuk sense of humour is really good. I didnt quite understand the part on "Yen is coming in" at first, but now I thought he is so funny. Such a realist too. I hope he is laughing all the way to the bank!

you are right, if Hyuk take up Poseidon, they will be filming in freezing water?? It will be crazy. Maybe he shouldnt take it up. I dun want him to fall sick. The Cha Seung Won incident in Athena really didnt give me a good feeling.

Jang Hyuk official website in China released this photo of him inconjunction with China's National Day. The background is Tiananmen in Beijing. Not sure when was this taken, probably earlier part of this year (looks to be warmer time). He look nice in red though.

2.jpg

Guest Jill4675

Jill - I dreamt of Seoul again last night. Maybe we should go Seoul together one day but hopefully not to have to smash anything. heehee

Jang Hyuk official website in China released this photo of him inconjunction with China's National Day. The background is Tiananmen in Beijing. Not sure when was this taken, probably earlier part of this year (looks to be warmer time). He look nice in red though.

2.jpg

Yes, I hope we wouldn't have to do any damage to buildings or people!!! :lol:

He looks so serious in the picture...take a look at all that pollution! yucky.gif The Gate of Heavenly Peace is just behind him at the entrance to the Forbidden City...I've been there quite a few times...but not lately... ;)

PPS, loved the video, so thanks again, o-cha, for the translation... And as for me, I like his hair. He can carry it off better than anyone else...I even like it with the cornrows! :lol: I don't want him to cut it! c8203a53.gif

th_sunglasses2.gif

awww our Hyukie being all touristy....I'm guessinng this is probably right around when he was shooting Achor Beauty? Because in 2010 pretty much the only time he is clean shaven is when he shot Anchor Beauty.

The Yen thing is definitely in line with Hyuk type of humor..hehehehehee

Jill: hahahaha..keep up the threat! :lol:

Speaking about dreams...sometime last week I had a dream about Hyuk. Although I think in my dream it was Hyuk and Ha Ji Won...sighhh...I guess subconsciously I still want to see their collaboration...

I just rewatched Hyuk's Win Win appearance. He really is one amazing guy. What they say about him especially what Danny Ahn said him being #1 on someone who hasn't changed since pre-debut to now makes me realize even more what a down-to-earth guy he is.

Plus I think his hair length is better during that time compared to now...it's getting a tad too long now..lol

anyway some recaps from the Section TV interview

20101009_1286560501_74175000_0.jpg

0993038.jpg

Thanks ocha for the translation of this clip. Hyuk is such a warm and fun person to be with. It's hilarious that Hyuk's making fun of his topless in Chuno and the yen's coming :D

The Chuno Japan Fan Meeting clip

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=909148474

or

http://www.tudou.com/v/DleVJAXiqgQ

credit: coke of hyukbest/baidu

source: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xf4lh5_yyyyymnetyyyyyyy_shortfilms?start=25#from=embed

Guest Jill4675

Thanks, hahatk! He looks great in the video. Hair with cornrows and a bun in back...nicely done! He's always so sincere in his interviews...:lol:

th_sunglasses2.gif

thanks hahatk! It's cute how the host asked to touch Hyukie's abs..and so funny how Hyuk and Zio ended up doing a sword yielding demostration :lol:

Nothing new from the interview. The first question was about him winning an award from Chuno. Hyuk said that he was happy winning the award because he sees it as a team effort and things like that. Second question was about how he prepares for his character Dae Gil. Hyuk tells the background story of DG and how he tries to understand the character in preparing for it, etc. Third question is about working in a sageuk. Hyuk said it's a different kind sageuk telling the story of slave and how Chuno is a well made drama, etc.

Edit: Since you guys know I'm always on the lookout for any possible new dramas for Hyukie...

KBS and Olive 9 just announced that they're gonna have a new drama from the writer of 'Pasta' scheduled to be aired in early 2011. The drama is tentatively called '식모들 (The Maids/The Servants)'. It's a Romantic Comedy a love story between a rich 2nd generation chaebol and a servant. Of course there's gonna be bickering between the couple.

When I read this I immediately thought...Bright Girl's Success Story! but possibly with a twist? Why not have Hyuk reprise a Gi Tae-like role? :lol: Heeeeck just for fun make it Jang Hyuk-Jang Na Ra again..8 years later.

Guest cofioca

Jang Hyeok said, "I still have those superior abs"

New generation character actor, Jang Hyeok confessed that he is still maintaining his masterpiece abdominal muscles after the departure of 'The Slave Hunters'.

During the episode of 'Section TV' which was on air on October 8th, Jang Hyeok answered humorously, “I still have some” to the question, “Do you still have your masterpiece abdominal muscles?”

Jang Hyeok added, “My first reason for workout was to maintaining my health but once I show my muscles to viewers, I kept workout to show them frequently.”

Other than this, Jang Hyeok said that he has character difference from me in drama. The quote, “I am not a violent person. I am actually kind and have good manners,” made everybody in the studio laugh.

On the other hand, 'Section TV' revealed interviews with Kim Hye-soo, Hwang Sin-hye, Sin Seong-woo, Ha Ji-won, Lee Moo-song, No Sa-yeon, Oh Ji-eun, and Nichkhun.

Source: Nate News via HanCinema

~~~~

Hello everyone! Howdy? Long time I haven't posted here. :sweatingbullets: HJW stills from SG was released recently and honestly, I still wonder what could have been if JH's still on it. My apologies for this wishful thinking. I just couldn't help. Nonetheless, I wish him the very best for his Poseidon venture. May it serve as a blessing in disguise for him. :)

Hahatk - Thanks for the video, I missed that on Baidu. Oh Ji Ho and Hyuk was so amused with the swords. But thank goodness they gave Hyuk a more decent sword. OJH's one was kinda of over the top. The way Hyuk swing his sword really showed he had practiced hard because he remembered the moves.

Am I the only one, or I just feel that when Hyuk held the sword he seem so magically gallant and suave?? I feel like I can trust my life with him :D

Omo, I am so excited because the Taiwanese fan who went to Seoul did manage to attend the autograph session on both the 6th and the 7th. She represented the Chinese fan club people to hand Hyuk a gift. Still waiting for her pix and story....

Ocha - with regards to the Pasta writer show, I just read on the Chinese forum that the role went to So Ji Sup.Maybe you can check it out??

I read that on dc too..but there is no official words yet...so who knows? Kindda like how Hyuk is supposed to be doing Poseidon and Kang Ji Hwan doing Fate/God-sent Doctor...no official word yet.

Qwenli: ahhh nice! Hopefully we'll hear soon from the TW fan.

Soju_ chic: thx for the article... I still wish Hyuk could have done SG too........

I'd rather Hyuk take up Poseidon than the Pasta writer show. The writing for that show was really really lazy tho the cast had amazing chemistry.

Rumors had it Han Ye Seul and Jang Nara are cast as the leads as well.  :o

I was kinda allergic to Hyuk and Jang Nara in Successful Bright Girl.. and you guys know about the Hyuk-HYS chemistry right?