Guest o-cha

thanks shirley! I really enjoy reading the interview.

His English is definitely better than before...still not great by any stretch..but improving for sure.

I hope the Singaporean fans can meet him and take pics...

thanks for the news Shirely... lucky singapore fans they get to meet him... why can't he come to the US so we can meet him too...

I have not seen a picture of his baby yet and I wanna see how the little jang hyuk looks like.

Guest hjkomo

Ah, I missed the radio conversation - will have to dl when I get home tonight.

Who is Kim Jong Kook? :blink: Another hottie?

Thanks for the pics! I definitely prefer JH's hair longer rather than short, but that's just too long. Get a haircut!! :lol:

Guest o-cha

Ah, I missed the radio conversation - will have to dl when I get home tonight.

Who is Kim Jong Kook? :blink: Another hottie?

Thanks for the pics! I definitely prefer JH's hair longer rather than short, but that's just too long. Get a haircut!! :lol:

Oohh hjkomo...I HAVE to introduce you to Kim Jong Kook... He's my baby (although to quote imogene_af....that's a big baby!..lol). Anyway to keep it JH-related. Jang Hyuk, Cha Tae Hyun, Kim Jong Kook, Hong Kyung Min, Hong Kyung In and Yoo Seung Jun are all in the unofficial club "76 Dragon Club"--which is for celebs who are good friends and happened to be born in 1976 (year of the dragon). Of them Jang Hyuk, Cha Tae Hyun and Hong Kyung In (Man Doo from Robbers) are now more known as actors while Kim Jong Kook, Hong Kyung Min and Yoo Seung Jun are singers.

I'll tell you more about KJK later..hehehehe.

I agree...Jang Hyukk ssi...please cut your hair...lols.

Guest imogene_af

Oh My Goodness, what a hawt man in all those scans! Thank you, shirley and cutiepie.

I love how his main focus is not to be another celebrity or a star... he knows his calling and that is to be the actor that he is right now.

:lol: o-cha, a big muscular baby!

Guest o-cha

thanks cutiepie! Jang Hyuk and Fann Wong looks good together.

Amaryllis : Thanks for the article link.what event was that?

EDIT: Never mind. I just figured out those are from his cameo on the Japanese 'My Sassy Girl'.

Guest dadedum

Jang Hyuk, Cha Tae Hyun, Kim Jong Kook, Hong Kyung Min, Hong Kyung In and Yoo Seung Jun are all in the unofficial club "76 Dragon Club"--which is for celebs who are good friends and happened to be born in 1976 (year of the dragon).

dude! i mean girl :blush:, i didn't know that! me kjk fan! i just knew kjk is friends with cth. 1976 seems to be the year when all the nice men are born. i've liked JH back from the days when he did "successful girl" with jang nara..

Oh~ Shirley and cutipie, Thanks so much for the nice pics! JH and FW look great and comfy together way better than expected. The shots about asking JH to try Singaporean food are cute. I haven't had a time to read the article Shirley put up yet, and now i will go for that. Thanks again shirely. ;)

Guest o-cha

dude! i mean girl :blush:, i didn't know that! me kjk fan! i just knew kjk is friends with cth. 1976 seems to be the year when all the nice men are born. i've liked JH back from the days when he did "successful girl" with jang nara..

hahaha...dude...girl...no difference hahaha. I agree 1976 has some really fine men! Now you know my friend..now you know..:lol:

shirley : thanks for more scans shirley. Dang that scan from the other page of Arena magazine is so hot. Hyuk looks so handsome there. I chuckled looking at Fann giving Hyuk food to try. He likes onde onde too..I love onde onde. What else did he eat? Was he eating kue (kuih) pandan?

Okay found this article on Jang Hyuk and DOTD. Please feel free to correct me.

news credit: segye

http://www.segye.com/Articles/NEWS/ENTERTA...1=&subctg2=

존 라델 감독, "장혁은 아시아의 제임스 딘 같은 배우" 극찬

Director John Radel “Jang Hyuk: Asia’s James Dean”

·[스포츠월드] 배우 장혁이 자신의 할리우드 진출작인 한국, 미국, 싱가포르 합작 영화 ‘댄스 오브 더 드래곤’의 존 라델 감독에게 극찬을 받았다.

John Radel, the director of Jang Hyuk’s upcoming Korea, US and Singapore joint movie ‘Dance of the Dragon’ talked about the actor.

존 라델 감독은 “한국 영화 ‘내 여자친구를 소개합니다’에 출연한 장혁을 보고 아시아의 제임스 딘 같다고 느꼈다. 자신만의 매력을 가진 느낌있는 배우”라고 칭찬했다.

Director John Radel said “He reminds me of James Dean in his performance in the Korean movie ‘Windstruck’. He is the only actor who has left that kind of impression (on me).”

존 라델 감독은 장혁의 가능성도 높게 평가했다. 그는 “이번 작품에서 춤과 싸움, 무술과 연기, 그리고 영어까지 다 소화해내야 하는 어려운 작업이었는데도 불구하고 혼신의 힘을 다해 좋은 작품을 만들어준 장혁에게 고맙게 생각한다. 영화가 개봉된 이후 전 세계 사람들에게 사랑받는 훌륭한 배우가 될 것”이라며 이번 프로모션과 영화에 대한 기대감 및 장혁에 대한 찬사를 아끼지 않았다. ‘댄스 오브 더 드래곤’은 장혁과 더불어 세계적인 아시안 아메리칸 스타 제이슨 스콧 리(Jason Scott Lee)와 할리우드에서 주목받고 있는 싱가포르 톱스타 범문방(Fann Wong)이 함께 주연을 맡아 화제를 모으고 있는 작품이다.

John Radel thought highly of Jang Hyuk. He said,”This time in this movie he has to dance, fight, perform martial arts, act, and speak English the whole time. Despite things being difficult (for him) he tries with all his might to do a great job. I am thankful to Jang Hyuk for this. After the movie is finished I feel the love towards the global crew.” He said this during the promotion for the movie. ‘Dance of the Dragon’ is a collaboration of Jang Hyuk with the global Asian American star Jason Scott Lee and Singapore top star Fann Wong, who has played in a Hollywood movie before. Jang Hyuk will be the main lead along with the other two (actors) and this fact has generated a lot of interest.

한편, 장혁은 22일부터 2박 3일 동안 TV, 라디오, 잡지, 신문 등 싱가포르 주요 매체와 개별 인터뷰 및 기자회견을 가지며, 영화 개봉 전 특별 영화 시사회 (Sneak Preview)를 개최해 무대 인사 및 사인회를 통해 싱가포르 관객들과 즐거운 만남의 시간을 가질 예정이다.

Starting from the 22nd for 2 nights and 3 days Jang Hyuk will be appearing in TV, radio, magazine, newspaper and other important Singapore medium as well as doing individual interviews during press interviews. There will be a sneak preview and meet and greet as well as signings to give fans a chance to meet the stars.

탁진현 기자 tak0427@sportsworldi.com

hahaha...dude...girl...no difference hahaha. I agree 1976 has some really fine men! Now you know my friend..now you know..:lol:

shirley : thanks for more scans shirley. Dang that scan from the other page of Arena magazine is so hot. Hyuk looks so handsome there. I chuckled looking at Fann giving Hyuk food to try. He likes onde onde too..I love onde onde. What else did he eat? Was he eating kue (kuih) pandan?

Okay found this article on Jang Hyuk and DOTD. Please feel free to correct me.

news credit: segye

http://www.segye.com/Articles/NEWS/ENTERTA...1=&subctg2=

존 라델 감독, "장혁은 아시아의 제임스 딘 같은 배우" 극찬

Director John Radel “Jang Hyuk: Asia’s James Dean”

·[스포츠월드] 배우 장혁이 자신의 할리우드 진출작인 한국, 미국, 싱가포르 합작 영화 ‘댄스 오브 더 드래곤’의 존 라델 감독에게 극찬을 받았다.

John Radel, the director of Jang Hyuk’s upcoming Korea, US and Singapore joint movie ‘Dance of the Dragon’ talked about the actor.

존 라델 감독은 “한국 영화 ‘내 여자친구를 소개합니다’에 출연한 장혁을 보고 아시아의 제임스 딘 같다고 느꼈다. 자신만의 매력을 가진 느낌있는 배우”라고 칭찬했다.

Director John Radel said “He reminds me of James Dean in his performance in the Korean movie ‘Windstruck’. He is the only actor who has left that kind of impression (on me).”

존 라델 감독은 장혁의 가능성도 높게 평가했다. 그는 “이번 작품에서 춤과 싸움, 무술과 연기, 그리고 영어까지 다 소화해내야 하는 어려운 작업이었는데도 불구하고 혼신의 힘을 다해 좋은 작품을 만들어준 장혁에게 고맙게 생각한다. 영화가 개봉된 이후 전 세계 사람들에게 사랑받는 훌륭한 배우가 될 것”이라며 이번 프로모션과 영화에 대한 기대감 및 장혁에 대한 찬사를 아끼지 않았다. ‘댄스 오브 더 드래곤’은 장혁과 더불어 세계적인 아시안 아메리칸 스타 제이슨 스콧 리(Jason Scott Lee)와 할리우드에서 주목받고 있는 싱가포르 톱스타 범문방(Fann Wong)이 함께 주연을 맡아 화제를 모으고 있는 작품이다.

John Radel thought highly of Jang Hyuk. He said,”This time in this movie he has to dance, fight, perform martial arts, act, and speak English the whole time. Despite things being difficult (for him) he tries with all his might to do a great job. I am thankful to Jang Hyuk for this. After the movie is finished I feel the love towards the global crew.” He said this during the promotion for the movie. ‘Dance of the Dragon’ is a collaboration of Jang Hyuk with the global Asian American star Jason Scott Lee and Singapore top star Fann Wong, who has played in a Hollywood movie before. Jang Hyuk will be the main lead along with the other two (actors) and this fact has generated a lot of interest.

한편, 장혁은 22일부터 2박 3일 동안 TV, 라디오, 잡지, 신문 등 싱가포르 주요 매체와 개별 인터뷰 및 기자회견을 가지며, 영화 개봉 전 특별 영화 시사회 (Sneak Preview)를 개최해 무대 인사 및 사인회를 통해 싱가포르 관객들과 즐거운 만남의 시간을 가질 예정이다.

Starting from the 22nd for 2 nights and 3 days Jang Hyuk will be appearing in TV, radio, magazine, newspaper and other important Singapore medium as well as doing individual interviews during press interviews. There will be a sneak preview and meet and greet as well as signings to give fans a chance to meet the stars.

탁진현 기자 tak0427@sportsworldi.com

Thanks O-cha for the news article and translation. I am glad the director truly appreciates JH's acting and performance in filming. BTW, is the director John Radel? I thought Max Mannix is.... hmm... i've got to check it out...

Here is the link to the video clip of HJ's cameo role in the Japanese TV version of My Sassy Girl.

http://blog.naver.com/sps1/80050960692

Guest o-cha

Thanks O-cha for the news article and translation. I am glad the director truly appreciates JH's acting and performance in filming. BTW, is the director John Radel? I thought Max Mannix is.... hmm... i've got to check it out...

Here is the link to the video clip of HJ's cameo role in the Japanese TV version of My Sassy Girl.

http://blog.naver.com/sps1/80050960692

wils : Max Mannix was originally supposed to direct but he gave the reins to John Radel. I think Max Mannix is just the writer for the movie. I'm not too sure though. Thanks for the clip..I'll check it out during lunch.

the reporter asked Fann Wong to test Jang Hyuck tastebud with some singaporean food ~~^^.

:rolleyes:

and the page (in I-Weekly ) talking about the food is so funny...

when it was turn for Hyuk to choose food for Fann (revenge time), he chose a tin of beer.... :blush: , and shaked it hard, passed it to Fann :wacko: , such a naughty Dandy Boy~!!!

-----------------

u can download the whole first eposide from clubbox (HQ, maybe too high and made a too big file, no subs) ...

if anyone interested in J-drama, also try this drama

Hyuk's appearance in the drama is arond 34th minute, in middle of the eposide.

as you can see, these two HQ versions also have different resolutions... :sweatingbullets:

more stuff:

got one pic from the drama's official website (http://www.tbs.co.jp/ryokiteki/)

%7Boption%7Dhttp://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg103/hohomania/gallery_01_10.jpg' alt='gallery_01_10.jpg'>

( ^pic from this page: http://www.tbs.co.jp/ryokiteki/gallery/gallery_01_10.html )

and a feature report for Hyuk's cameo shooting (in Japanese)↓

image2930923.png

http://www.tbs.co.jp/ryokiteki/report/report_04_01.html

Guest cholo

JH's needs haircut ..lol :P:lol:

thanks you guys for all updates here..loved reading all the articles..

So today, April 24 is the premiere...

April 22, 2008

2q09d39.jpg

In his first Hollywood movie, Jang Hyuk is in Singapore to promote his new film, “Dance of the Dragon” with Jason Scott Lee and Singaporean actress Fann Wong.

This is Jang-Hyuk’s first English speaking role, so we are curious on how good his English is. In movie trailer 1, the Korean actor does not say a word, so we don’t know how his speaking skills are. But in trailer 2, he stutters out 1 short sentence, “But I’m….I’m a dancer.” (at 1.07). Is this an indication of what’s to come?

Dance of the Dragon is a modern day tale of love, passion, courage and hope that blends dance and martial arts.

The world premiere of Dance of the Dragon will be held in Singapore on Wednesday April 24th and then opens in theaters in Singapore May 1st, 2008 and in the U.S. on May 15th.

credits:asianfanatics

shirley, thank you so much to bring the other page~~, as expected, "the other" side of Hyuk in this mag is so handsome! :rolleyes:

and the page (in I-Weekly ) talking about the food is so funny...

when it was turn for Hyuk to choose food for Fann (revenge time), he chose a tin of beer.... :blush: , and shaked it hard, passed it to Fann :wacko: , such a naughty Dandy Boy~!!!

-----------------

u can download the whole first eposide from clubbox (HQ, maybe too high and made a too big file, no subs) ...

if anyone interested in J-drama, also try this drama

Hyuk's appearance in the drama is arond 34th minute, in middle of the eposide.

as you can see, these two HQ versions also have different resolutions... :sweatingbullets:

more stuff:

got one pic from the drama's official website (http://www.tbs.co.jp/ryokiteki/)

gallery_01_10.jpg

( ^pic from this page: http://www.tbs.co.jp/ryokiteki/gallery/gallery_01_10.html )

and a feature report for Hyuk's cameo shooting (in Japanese)↓

image2930923.png

http://www.tbs.co.jp/ryokiteki/report/report_04_01.html

Hahaha.. he's a true prankster. B):D

Thanks for the link to the download and the nice pics of HYUK, hohomania! Wow...he looks even more BRILLIANT in the high resolution images!!!! I can't take my eyes away. :w00t:

I just saw a Youtube video clip of congratulation messages for the World Premier of DOTD from JH's japanese fans. How sweet they are! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQHebOh7dHM

from the news thread

April 22, 2008

Jang Hyuk Makes Cameo Appearance in Japanese Drama

080423_ent_1.jpg

Actor Jang Hyuk has surprised his fans by making a cameo appearance in the brand new Japanese drama series entitled "My Sassy Girlfriend," a remake of a Korean film by the same title.

Jang appeared in the first episode of the drama series, which was aired on Japan's TBS on April 20, with Tsuyoshi Kusanagi and Lena Tanaka.

Jang took on the role of Korean Hallyu star "Jang Hyuk" who appears in the dreams of Kusanagi and Tanaka. Taking revenge on Kusanagi for attacking his younger brother, he aims a gun at his enemy inside a warehouse located at a construction site.

Jang's management agency SidusHQ said the actor was able to get the role after he appeared as a guest on the "Tsuyoshi Kusanagi 2" talk show on Fuji TV on February 8. The director of the show reportedly added new scenes for Jang that were not included in the original script.

After shooting the episode, Kusanagi, a member of the popular boy band SMAP, said he had fun working with Jang, whom he described as a down-to-earth and thoughtful gentleman who had a great talent for action scenes.

Jang is quickly becoming a star in Japan through the Korean films "Windstruck" and "Whasango" and the drama series

"Thank You," which he starred in.

Source: KBS Global

http://english.kbs.co.kr/mcontents/enterta...0457_11692.html