Jang Hyuk won BBF Most Popular Star award at 2007 Asia Model Festival on Jan 18 2008

2008119031_827557485_9204_0.jpg

200801182149101170.jpg

200801182114026110.jpg

200801182040136770.jpg

200801182149115370.jpg

2008011820164788635_1.jpg

200801182010451118_1.jpg

200801182001001116_1.jpg

200801182149104880.jpg

1200655468123_1.jpg

The event was held on Jan 18 at JW Marriott Hotel Seoul Millenium Hall.

Guest lilyrose

CONGRATULATIONS TO JANG HYUK!!!!!. He needs more and more awards :blush: .

Maybe this means that he is being noticed in "Robbers" and he is popular for that reason? I hope so!

o-cha, are completely correct about the wise decision Hyuk made by choosing Thank You as his come back show. OMG, if he come back with Robbers, he would have been destroyed in public opinion. I know destroyed is a strong word or maybe an exaggeration, but he needed to redeem himself as a man with integrity and gentle spirit. Although his role in Robbers (so far) is really a better vehicle to show his acting talents, yes, Thank You was definitely the best choice. He is like phoenix that has risen from the ashes!

I need to read up more about his movie! I have been too immersed in Robbers. I like that he may be the main lead! That means more screen time :blush: . I will write more once I have read more about the movie.

I will be around here (in this thread) more and more I think. :lol:

AND THANK YOU FOR THE SCREEN CAPS!!!

Congratulations to Jang Hyuk for winning! he deserved more awards!

o-cha as always thanks for posting beautiful pictures of JH!

XOXO

I will be around here (in this thread) more and more I think. :lol:

i second the motion to that lilyrose :D

Guest lilyrose

I finally got around to reading about Hyuk's project and I had a completely wrong idea about the movie. I thought it was going to be a martial arts-focused story, but it sounds like a lovely triangle love story, with some fine footwork, and sort of like a flashdance/ballroom dancing/martial arts face off, and it sounds like a lot of fun. I have been noticing how light on his feet JH is in Robbers (he is like Gene Kelly with some of this moves--the pole one was great) so maybe his training is coming through in the drama. Now that I know that the movie has romance in it, I will definitely check it out.

cholo Posted Jan 18 2008, 08:24 PM

i second the motion to that lilyrose

cholo, you and I are on the same wavelength :blush: . Robbers is taking up so much of my time, but Jang Hyuk needs equal time. I look forward to chats with you.

hibino39, thank you for screencaps. Is it just me or is JH getting better looking every time we see him? It could be my growing infatuation with him in Robbers. His body could be a factor. I thought KSW had the best body but I think JH beats him easily.

Haa-ha. JH was in Jungle Juice. I need to go back into my K-movie archive and rewatch his pre-MS movies :D

forevergirl Posted Yesterday, 07:42 PM

...I wonder how they manage to keep his relationship and knowing that the girl is already pregnant.....

It says a lot about the Korean presses' respect for star's private lives, maybe? As far as I can see, there are no photos of his fiancee on the web or in the press.

hibino39 : thanks for the fanmeeting pics..his hair is so long now...but I like it hehehe.

lilyrose : yes...the stroyline is supposed to be more like Strictly Ballroom meets Billy Elliott..both great movies so I hope Dance Of the Dragon will be as good... I need to do the same too..watching his pre-MS movies...so far I am so behind..only managed to watch Windstruck and Please Teach Me English... I have Volcano High and Jungle Juice on my radar though...we'll see when I will actually find the time to watch those...Robbers is taking most of my time....hahaha.

I finally got around to reading about Hyuk's project and I had a completely wrong idea about the movie. I thought it was going to be a martial arts-focused story, but it sounds like a lovely triangle love story, with some fine footwork, and sort of like a flashdance/ballroom dancing/martial arts face off, and it sounds like a lot of fun. I have been noticing how light on his feet JH is in Robbers (he is like Gene Kelly with some of this moves--the pole one was great) so maybe his training is coming through in the drama. Now that I know that the movie has romance in it, I will definitely check it out.

cholo, you and I are on the same wavelength :blush: . Robbers is taking up so much of my time, but Jang Hyuk needs equal time. I look forward to chats with you.

hello lilyrose, my exact sentiments. he's good while he's doing tap dancing and i like the moves.

Hopefully the movie will come out here in our local cinemas or better yet wait for the release of the official DVD.

and OMY! im watching Robbers with chinese sub.. :o

o-cha dear thanks for the caps.

additional to what hibino posted, JH's first fans meeting

Jang Hyuk has 300 strong

untitled-2.jpg

In an outfit that is reminiscent of the polyester 70’s, Jang Hyuk (32) has managed to lure 300 Japanese fans to Korea for his fan meeting at Walker Hill on January 19th, 2008.

All the fans flew to Korea to see their man, but the soon-to-be father showed off only his tap-dancing skills since he didn’t prepare anything.

What a waste of time and money.

This is Jang Hyuk’s first fan meeting after his release from his military service.

source

cholo : popseoul is always so sarcastic..I guess that's their writing style lol. I actually think he looks pretty good in brown. He does look like he has LOOOOONG legs in that pic...hahaha.

imogene_af : I hope we get to see that hirstyle in Robbers...cute curls for Oh Joon..hehehe.

Guest lilyrose

cholo, I snorted tea through my nose as I read that caustic comment about his fan meet. He looks hot. And I wonder if any of the fans thought it was a waste of money and time. I am sure they were just fine and happy with just the chance to see him.

and OMY! im watching Robbers with chinese sub..

By your expression...I am thinking...you are not liking him? There are fans of Robbers who want Oh Joon dead :lol: .

I have Volcano High and Jungle Juice on my radar though...we'll see when I will actually find the time to watch those...Robbers is taking most of my time....hahaha.

o-cha, I'd be curious to hear your thoughts after and if you have a chance to watch his pre-MS movies. To him it's like night and day. JH of the past is nothing like the JH of now--even physically to me. Maybe it is the roles (silly, goofy, teenagy versus manly, adult, dramatic). But i will love to hear anyone's thoughts on that.

And to reiterate what has been said: Love the curls. I also really love the outfit. The scarf finishes it off well.

cholo : popseoul is always so sarcastic..I guess that's their writing style lol. I actually think he looks pretty good in brown. He does look like he has LOOOOONG legs in that pic...hahaha.

imogene_af : I hope we get to see that hirstyle in Robbers...cute curls for Oh Joon..hehehe.

yes, i agree with you o-cha, the way they wrote the article were sarcastic, Even in some other artists, but well thats their writing style. i remember in Thank You, where he wore a lot of 'baggy' pants there, but alas! he carried it the way a baggy pants should be. lol

cholo, I snorted tea through my nose as I read that caustic comment about his fan meet. He looks hot. And I wonder if any of the fans thought it was a waste of money and time. I am sure they were just fine and happy with just the chance to see him.

By your expression...I am thinking...you are not liking him? There are fans of Robbers who want Oh Joon dead :lol: .

what i mean in my "OMY" is that i that i dun understand the chinese sub, and im not that good in chinese :sweatingbullets::blink: , and i loved Oh Joon's character there. I find the character mysterious. lol, or could you or o-cha help me where should i find the links where's there's an eng-sub? Im basically lost here. Thx in advance.

the megauploads always not works for me. (or better yet will visit the robbers thread) :phew:

oh well, there's always the "anti" and the "pro". haha

Guest Jill4675

Jang Hyuk won BBF Most Popular Star award at 2007 Asia Model Festival on Jan 18 2008

The event was held on Jan 18 at JW Marriott Hotel Seoul Millenium Hall.

O-cha, thanks for these pics...it's a pity the Popseoul girls didn't write about this. ;)

As the the fan meeting, thanks, hibino39, for the additional pics! I'm confused: was the meeting in Japan or Korea? Popseoul said Korea, but they aren't always accurate (!), and your post says "in Japan."

B)

Jill4675 : I just re-read the article that hibino posted. The fan meeting is in Korea I believe. It says at Walkerhill hotel. The fan meeting was for the opening of Jang Hyuk's Japanese fan club. 300 Japanese fans attended the fan meeting. Besides tap dancing Jang Hyuk also performed the song "Creep" by Radiohead. I know JH plays guitar so I'm guessing he probably performed the song on guitar.

cholo : did you find the eng subs? Just check the first page on Robbers or page 30 (alternatively you can just click on my siggy link for the navigation post for Robbers). I usually compile the information for Robbers in the navigation post on pg 30.

lilyrose : His pre vs. post MS acting? Like night and day..hehehe. I'll just compare drama to drama then since he hasn't released any post MS movies.

Jang Hyuk in Successful Story of A Bright Girl vs Thank You and Robbers

I often joke around that in SSABG Jang Hyuk only has 3 expression: the smirk (he's always been good with this lol), angry, and angrier. That's it. His acting was still raw and he tends to overact there. His eyes were always so intense and not much expression other than that. Don't get me wrong I still enjoy the drama since I find the storyline simple and cute..plus Jang Hyuk had good chemistry with Jang Na Ra--that has always been the one thing that he was always good in --chemistry with his co-workers.

Now in Thank You and Robbers he has shown exponential improvement. He is now able to convey different feelings with his expression. He understands the subtleties of how a smile, a look can convey different meanings. His eyes are so expressive now -- showing tenderness, anger, happiness, and so much more depending on each scene. He has better control of his body movement and his speech nowadays. He no longer overdoes his movement, speech and expression. It just seems to me that he is not forcing anything now..he is not forcing himself to act a certain way and he just lets things fall naturally.

That's what I think the difference in his acting is. As for physical difference ---do I need to even say anything else? His pictures speak for themselves..hehehe. All kidding aside though he has definitely matured since MS. During interviews he seems more reserved and thougtful. When he answers a question he doesn't just blurt out things. His answers come from deep thoughts.

Okay enough rambling from me..hehehe.

cholo : did you find the eng subs? Just check the first page on Robbers or page 30 (alternatively you can just click on my siggy link for the navigation post for Robbers). I usually compile the information for Robbers in the navigation post on pg 30.

thanks for your help o-cha (Much appreciated!) , im pretty sure that this will take my time. hahhaa... :sweatingbullets::D

Now in Thank You and Robbers he has shown exponential improvement. He is now able to convey different feelings with his expression. He understands the subtleties of how a smile, a look can convey different meanings. His eyes are so expressive now -- showing tenderness, anger, happiness, and so much more depending on each scene. He has better control of his body movement and his speech nowadays. He no longer overdoes his movement, speech and expression. It just seems to me that he is not forcing anything now..he is not forcing himself to act a certain way and he just lets things fall naturally.

i agree with you 101%.. acting wise- a very good actor to look for.