1 hour ago, phoenix24 said:

hihi funny if he secretly perfected pancakes to surprise us.

Maybe after fans keep posting his blunders made during cooking, he decided to hone his cooking skills and show us he can do it if he wants to. :approves:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

There was another program he appeared in with Kim Soo Ru, he cooked some spicy cakes as well. I love how he carefully put his ingredients into the pot :) 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

He's actually not as incompetent in cooking as people make him out to be. I think he is as competent as most husbands are, whose wife does most of the cooking. He at least showed himself to be more competent than the captain in Yacht expedition, that couldn't even fry... As to the pancakes- I checked and the reason his came out chewy was because he beat the pancake batter too long... 

From what I understood from the descriptions- JH would be the most inexperienced cook in his team- looks like the comedian actually learned how to cook and CTH showed in Dragon club that he does cook for his kids...

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

@Biology Lesson Oh I actually read that Lee Sang Yeob is the most inexperienced. Our JH brings his “hot dog” expertise to the table :P I may have read a wrong translation tho

P.S I started my Money Flower rewatch and, I can’t believe that intense beautiful man on my screen is the same one who makes such a cute boyish expression when he is starving. I’m still always in awe at this fact! 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson Oh I actually read that Lee Sang Yeob is the most inexperienced. Our JH brings his “hot dog” expertise to the table :P I may have read a wrong translation tho

No, you may be right. I rely on translations too, so I thought I read that he  learned how to cook. But it might have been someone else entirely in the cast, as I don't actually know his name :D

15 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

P.S I started my Money Flower rewatch and, I can’t believe that intense beautiful man on my screen is the same one who makes such a cute boyish expression when he is starving. I’m still always in awe at this fact! 

I also was thinking about it- how does this sweet, almost innocent man, create such dark and complex characters?! Not to mention that this shy man is also one of the only Korean actors that I've seen whose characters actually show sexual desire... 

• Like 3

So, I made a mistake. I decided to watch another Kdrama- "lovestruck in the city" . Randomly. Just because I saw a cute clip from it. And I hate it!<_< What I hate the most about it, is that it has no plot. Nothing. Just another excuse to make grown men act like idiot aliens, and women to act cute and wide eyes while also being nasty and violent. But everything should be excused cause they "lack confidence". Ugh! Poor Ji Chang-Wook. I actually felt sorry for him for having to act in this drivel... I saw only three shows of his, and in all of the them the FL was annoying and his acting in the love story was exactly the same. I haven't seen him challenged yet.

But this again reminded me why I want JH to move beyond Kdramas, and why I'm not as anxious to see him in a new drama... For JH to constantly talk about wanting to do Melos show how he limits himself. I truly hope The Swordsman will bring about a change in his career. Enough already with settling on roles! 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

He's actually not as incompetent in cooking as people make him out to be. I think he is as competent as most husbands are, whose wife does most of the cooking. He at least showed himself to be more competent than the captain in Yacht expedition, that couldn't even fry... As to the pancakes- I checked and the reason his came out chewy was because he beat the pancake batter too long... 

From what I understood from the descriptions- JH would be the most inexperienced cook in his team- looks like the comedian actually learned how to cook and CTH showed in Dragon club that he does cook for his kids...

Hihi yea I didn't think he was necessarily that bad. I remember the dish that @kohnlee mentioned he did as well.  Just like to tease.  Now he also has that new dish that Soyou taught him on yacht expedition.  Wonder if he'll put it to good use on any future variety though?!?

I also saw Lovestruck In the City and wasn't impress either.  I know it's a drama, but a lot of it was unnecessary.

• Like 4

@Biology Lesson But Robber is considered a “melo”. Maybe thats what he is referring to.

I recently watched Mr Queen and I thought it was refreshing that both the female lead and male lead were shown to have a sexual drive. I don’t necessarily recommend the drama as a whole, because it took me a while to get into it, but at least it had that. Of course, the female lead was “posessed” by a man and hence her openness but it was “something”. This situation along with the fact that the actress was very open and convincing produced some hot moments. But they were funny/hot in a FTLY and Shine or Go Crazy way. So, nothing super erotic but better than most kdrama I’d watched. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

On 3/10/2021 at 11:51 AM, Biology Lesson said:

Oh, now this cast makes me feel a bit better- the ex-football player from the travel show, that JH really likes,

The one whom JH seeked advices in the Travel Show about football & his son's passion in the sport. I think generally JH gets along well with everyone & I like it that the people in the Travel Show also showed him respect. What awes me is that JH can be bothered to read up those soccer guide books....although he always said that he feels bad not spending enough time with his kids (true to a certain extent due to filming) but he does put their interest in his heart.

On 3/10/2021 at 2:19 PM, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson I know! It should be fun and exciting seeing Jang Hyuk learning to cook.

Cooking is so individual. I think he can cook, only that maybe infront of his wife or his mother or his MIL, he's inferior but compared to many guys out there (some guys don't even lift a finger to do house chores), I think he can cook basic dishes. Only that his wife doesn't eat his cooking then, I hope she does now. Some sort of encouragement. Hahaha!

On 3/10/2021 at 9:55 PM, kohnlee said:

I can only picture him cooking sausage bun with tomato and Mayo sauce ;)

I'm really wondering if he eats that everyday. Gotta cut down sausages Hyuk.

14 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Maybe after fans keep posting his blunders made during cooking, he decided to hone his cooking skills and show us he can do it if he wants to. :approves:

Really wondering if he's going into variety shows because he has no drama offer or has he switched his passion to variety show. Also, in variety show, he tends to rope in his friends. Could also be he's "helping" his friend(s) to get some recognition too?

Maybe a little "off" topic here, but just want to share with you that I've been watching the "Matchmaking" chinese variety for some years now. Over the years, I could see the "shift" in the women priorities. That's perfectly fine as everyone of us (men or women) are entitled to our own priorities. But what I cannot stand it is, when the girl was asked what would she look for in a man? Her reply is : he must buy me gifts everyday, he must coax me everyday, if we quarrel, he must be the first to apologise even if he's not in the wrong.

I'm really wondering if this is the result of too much REEL & fantasy in drama? Hahaha!

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1

'Law of the Jungle' - Jang Hyuk, water trauma, trembling on a raft. Will he get the wheat oil?

SBS 'Law of the Jungle's Pioneers', which will air at 8:55 p.m. on the 13th (Saturday), will unveil Jang Hyuk and Park's dangerous crossing of the island, which will be held on the line of wheat, gye, eggs, and milk.

In the last broadcast, World Chef Song Hoon, who even captivated Obama and Trump's taste buds, made a surprise appearance, drawing attention. Song Hoon captured the taste of pioneers with "Seafood Jjamppongtang," which properly embodies the fiery taste, while cutting and adding locally-cooked peppers as a "development survival."

Song Hoon then said, "I can make bread with just flour," attracting the members. In response, the eldest brother Jang Hyuk suggested to the production team, saying, "If you give me flour, I will take a special adventure." His suggestion is that he will "develop" the next island 500 meters from the sea. Park, a former special forces soldier, added the idea of "making a two-person raft and crossing it," taking advantage of his major in maritime infiltration, and they gathered discarded wooden boards and buoys to create a raft.

However, as soon as the raft was launched into the sea, it began to sway to strong currents, and half of the rafts were on the verge of being submerged. In addition, Jang Hyuk confessed that he had a "water trauma" due to an accident while filming the movie, and showed his legs shaking without being able to balance on the raft. Attention is focusing on whether Jang Hyuk will be able to overcome the trauma for his younger brothers and safely cross to the next island to get wheat oil. The pioneering story of Jang Hyuk and Park's next island will be unveiled on SBS's "Law of the Jungle," which will air at 8:55 p.m. on the 13th (Saturday).

159583181_1925060021002984_8138854421455

158269127_1925060064336313_3693924890052

• Thanks 2

Hihi yea I didn't think he was necessarily that bad. I remember the dish that @kohnlee mentioned he did as well.  Just like to tease.  Now he also has that new dish that Soyou taught him on yacht expedition.  Wonder if he'll put it to good use on any future variety though?!?

:) I think more than anything when it comes to cooking, JH is a bit impatient and rough, which explains the egg on the countertop incident :sweat_smile: 

I also saw Lovestruck In the City and wasn't impress either.  I know it's a drama, but a lot of it was unnecessary.

Exactly! They didn't even try to justify the drama. Just drama for drama-sake. and that's the thing- there are so many rom coms and melos that that's what's going on in them. Just a nothing plot as an excuse to make the actors express emotions. I managed to make myself watch the show until a certain point, but then I couldn't take it anymore! Horrible show!

1 hour ago, dramafan33 said:

@Biology Lesson But Robber is considered a “melo”. Maybe thats what he is referring to.

And that's the kind of show I hope he'll be holding out for... but such a good plot is so rare is Kdrama, and we saw the it wasn't well received by the audience... They much rather watch the shows that have nothing for a plot, and make the actors express over the top, fake emotions... :grimace:

I recently watched Mr Queen and I thought it was refreshing that both the female lead and male lead were shown to have a sexual drive. I don’t necessarily recommend the drama as a whole, because it took me a while to get into it, but at least it had that. Of course, the female lead was “posessed” by a man and hence her openness but it was “something”. This situation along with the fact that the actress was very open and convincing produced some hot moments. But they were funny/hot in a FTLY and Shine or Go Crazy way. So, nothing super erotic but better than most kdrama I’d watched. 

This is so frustrating... Why can't they write a good love story with likable characters that behave like human beings and develop sexual tension between?! it looks like they go out of the their way to neutralize the sexual tension by making one of the characters immediately confess that he's in love. Making shows feel like a a deflated souffle... But don't get me wrong, I haven't seen a good love story for a long time now even in American shows or movies- I think the last good romantic story that I saw was actually in a Turkish rom com- Bay yanlis (Mr wrong)

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

The one whom JH seeked advices in the Travel Show about football & his son's passion in the sport. I think generally JH gets along well with everyone & I like it that the people in the Travel Show also showed him respect. What awes me is that JH can be bothered to read up those soccer guide books....although he always said that he feels bad not spending enough time with his kids (true to a certain extent due to filming) but he does put their interest in his heart.

JH's ability to get along with everyone is amazing to me... I would like to see who he doesn't get along with- that seems so rare...

From what he says, his connection with his boys is much better now, that they are grown. 

Cooking is so individual. I think he can cook, only that maybe infront of his wife or his mother or his MIL, he's inferior but compared to many guys out there (some guys don't even lift a finger to do house chores), I think he can cook basic dishes. Only that his wife doesn't eat his cooking then, I hope she does now. Some sort of encouragement. Hahaha!

I'm really wondering if he eats that everyday. Gotta cut down sausages Hyuk.

He does love his sausages, doesn't he? :) Don't understand that- they make me gag... But considering his weight, and seeing what he ate in Veteran Giant, it looks like he mostly eats balanced meals.

Really wondering if he's going into variety shows because he has no drama offer or has he switched his passion to variety show. Also, in variety show, he tends to rope in his friends. Could also be he's "helping" his friend(s) to get some recognition too?

The only show that he did that didn't involve one of his friends was Yacht expedition. All the rest- looks like he uses them to either help his friends or to advertise Westwood- I have to say, after seeing the Westwood clothes in action in LOTJ- there are some clothes of theirs I'd love to have! :hwaiting2:

Maybe a little "off" topic here, but just want to share with you that I've been watching the "Matchmaking" chinese variety for some years now. Over the years, I could see the "shift" in the women priorities. That's perfectly fine as everyone of us (men or women) are entitled to our own priorities. But what I cannot stand it is, when the girl was asked what would she look for in a man? Her reply is : he must buy me gifts everyday, he must coax me everyday, if we quarrel, he must be the first to apologise even if he's not in the wrong.

I'm really wondering if this is the result of too much REEL & fantasy in drama? Hahaha!

That sounds exactly like the horrible women I saw yesterday in that show... ugh!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, budgerie said:

On the contrary, I couldn't help but agreed with the last point. lol. There's a popular opinion here "woman/wife always right". So, if you want a happy family and marriage even you're right you just need to agreed with her. haha. It kinda a popular running joke but sometime it can be true in life. We woman was so complex. :idk:

• Like 3

Nice Netflix artwork- 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMTXKk1BiDf/

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

'Law of the Jungle' - Jang Hyuk, water trauma, trembling on a raft. Will he get the wheat oil?

SBS 'Law of the Jungle's Pioneers', which will air at 8:55 p.m. on the 13th (Saturday), will unveil Jang Hyuk and Park's dangerous crossing of the island, which will be held on the line of wheat, gye, eggs, and milk.

In the last broadcast, World Chef Song Hoon, who even captivated Obama and Trump's taste buds, made a surprise appearance, drawing attention. Song Hoon captured the taste of pioneers with "Seafood Jjamppongtang," which properly embodies the fiery taste, while cutting and adding locally-cooked peppers as a "development survival."

Song Hoon then said, "I can make bread with just flour," attracting the members. In response, the eldest brother Jang Hyuk suggested to the production team, saying, "If you give me flour, I will take a special adventure." His suggestion is that he will "develop" the next island 500 meters from the sea. Park, a former special forces soldier, added the idea of "making a two-person raft and crossing it," taking advantage of his major in maritime infiltration, and they gathered discarded wooden boards and buoys to create a raft.

However, as soon as the raft was launched into the sea, it began to sway to strong currents, and half of the rafts were on the verge of being submerged. In addition, Jang Hyuk confessed that he had a "water trauma" due to an accident while filming the movie, and showed his legs shaking without being able to balance on the raft. Attention is focusing on whether Jang Hyuk will be able to overcome the trauma for his younger brothers and safely cross to the next island to get wheat oil. The pioneering story of Jang Hyuk and Park's next island will be unveiled on SBS's "Law of the Jungle," which will air at 8:55 p.m. on the 13th (Saturday).

Doesn't he ever give himself a break?! Even though water freaks him out, he never tries to avoid it- brings to mind him volunteering to dive underneath the yacht. Failing to do that made him feel low...

• Like 4

161551015333.jpg

The translation of the caption:

A "rigorous" Busan man who is serious about everything!
25 years hot dog single road life.
It's a cooking poop hand, but it's Gordon Ramsay grade for philosophy! The spiritual support, Jang Hyuk!

I hope that they will actually teach him in the show, and not just make fun of his cooking...

AS to the comedian- he is the cook of the actor team-

Lee Sang-yeop
The youngest member of the actor's team, but he is real in the kitchen!
Yorin Lee Sang-yeop Lee, the main chef of the actor's team, who has the trust of his brothers!

https://m.mbn.co.kr/tv_sub/862/5430

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

The translation of the caption:

A "rigorous" Busan man who is serious about everything!
25 years hot dog single road life.
It's a cooking poop hand, but it's Gordon Ramsay grade for philosophy! The spiritual support, Jang Hyuk!

I hope that they will actually teach him in the show, and not just make fun of his cooking...

AS to the comedian- he is the cook of the actor team-

Lee Sang-yeop
The youngest member of the actor's team, but he is real in the kitchen!
Yorin Lee Sang-yeop Lee, the main chef of the actor's team, who has the trust of his brothers!

https://m.mbn.co.kr/tv_sub/862/5430

Aw.... so handsome. This should be the image for his next melo...sob sob . Still happy though.

Edited by Berou
Please do not quote pics. Thanks !
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

I think more than anything when it comes to cooking, JH is a bit impatient and rough, which explains the egg on the countertop incident

There is a chinese saying : "yue bang yue mang"  - generally refers to, the more I want to help out, the more I make people busy. When I was a bigger kid, I wanted to help my mum with her chores in the kitchen, I ended up making her more busy with my clumsiness, etc. IMO I don't think JH is impatient or rough, it's just he's clumsy. Hahaha!

Exactly! They didn't even try to justify the drama. Just drama for drama-sake. and that's the thing- there are so many rom coms and melos that that's what's going on in them. Just a nothing plot as an excuse to make the actors express emotions.

I guess it's the in-thing now. Don't really need a good storyline. All you need is an idol (for fangirling) & that drama would be well accepted by the fandom + the shipping.

That sounds exactly like the horrible women I saw yesterday in that show... ugh!

3 hours ago, yoeda said:

On the contrary, I couldn't help but agreed with the last point. lol. There's a popular opinion here "woman/wife always right". So, if you want a happy family and marriage even you're right you just need to agreed with her. haha. It kinda a popular running joke but sometime it can be true in life. We woman was so complex.

Er...the only people I know are like this are the c girls. I watched their matchmaking programme & I too shake my head.

But no, always agree with her doesn't make a happy marriage, at least for the guy. Lol.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, budgerie said:

There is a chinese saying : "yue bang yue mang"  - generally refers to, the more I want to help out, the more I make people busy. When I was a bigger kid, I wanted to help my mum with her chores in the kitchen, I ended up making her more busy with my clumsiness, etc. IMO I don't think JH is impatient or rough, it's just he's clumsy. Hahaha!

I guess it's a matter of definition :) JH is a strange combination of graceful and clumsy. We also have the thing of him rushing to do something before he thinks, like climbing the tree without looking around first. The thing is that his movements change between when he has experience with what he is making (hot dogs) and when he doesn't (pretty much everything else). That's all I'm hoping- that he gets to practice cooking techniques...

At any rate- do you guys think he finished filming this show by now?

I guess it's the in-thing now. Don't really need a good storyline. All you need is an idol (for fangirling) & that drama would be well accepted by the fandom + the shipping.

Exactly! That's why I can't stand most Kdramas...

• Like 4