Guest gwapa_ko

OMGGGGGGGGG!!! Another Hyuk sageuk drama!!!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! I already finished downloading midas but the subs aren't completely out yet..so i might postponed my midas marathon now...:( I don't want to be left hanging in episode 10 if ever...;(

Guest dairykhang

Sorry, is it hyuk's interview? Someone can translate it please....

I used Google but still can't understand...at al :))

link

OMGGGGGGGGG!!! Another Hyuk sageuk drama!!!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! I already finished downloading midas but the subs aren't completely out yet..so i might postponed my midas marathon now...:( I don't want to be left hanging in episode 10 if ever...;

Wow, you really like Hyuk in a saguek yeah? :D Yep I am sure they will throw in a lot of fight scenes for him to showoff his jeetkunedo skills!

Here are two collage I did from a few eps in Midas. Hyuk's acting is just superb!

midascombine1.jpg

midascombine.jpg

Guest gwapa_ko

^Hahah! Yeah. Generally I really love action dramas so that's one reason why I love Hyuk. :D He is great with fight scenes. :wub:

Guest jen2010

No offence, but every time when he sings that song, I'll fastforward :P

Looking forward to Running Man tom ...

Anyone knows what happened to the One channel (something like that) in Spore?

Since Hyukie came over for promo

I've not heard a sound :sweatingbullets:

No offence, but every time when he sings that song, I'll fastforward :P

Looking forward to Running Man tom ...

Anyone knows what happened to the One channel (something like that) in Spore?

Since Hyukie came over for promo

I've not heard a sound

Hi Jen,

One Channel has been quietly on air for a while in Singapore. Its offered via the cable broadcaster Starhub cable. Here and there I will tune into it. They are already showing Midas (about midway), 49days and alot of SBS's variety shows. Watching all these shows so clearly on TV is really a delight!

Yeah I am also looking fwd to Hyuk's runningman cameo bcos I love the show. Oh ji ho went on it recently and it was so fun.video link to running man. Think Hyuk appears around the 40min point.

Guest jen2010

Hi Jen,

One Channel has been quietly on air for a while in Singapore. Its offered via the cable broadcaster Starhub cable. Here and there I will tune into it. They are already showing Midas (about midway), 49days and alot of SBS's variety shows. Watching all these shows so clearly on TV is really a delight!

Yeah I am also looking fwd to Hyuk's runningman cameo bcos I love the show. Oh ji ho went on it recently and it was so fun.video link to running man. Think Hyuk appears around the 40min point.

Thanks a million. I was looking at Starhub website, oh so this is it -- http://www.starhub.com/tv/channels/one.html

One more reason for subscribing to starhub now :P

Saw the actor from Pasta last week, too bad I dun understand a word of what they said.

hi everyone ... long time no post here :( I'm glad Hyuk is doing well and Midas ended with good ratings ... but I'm screamming like a crazy because of the news! xD

Jang Hyuk Confirmed as the Lead for Upcoming SBS Sageuk Tree With Deep Roots

Jang_Hyuk_114.jpg

2011 has been a disappointment for me in terms of sageuks. 2010 had Chuno, which despite my torn feelings about it ultimately was a creative step forward for the genre, and Joseon X-Files, which was a brilliant masterpiece. None of the sageuks this year have enthralled me, but this might change come September 2011.

Jang Hyuk has finally been confirmed (after much speculation and early news reports) as the lead for the upcoming 24-episode sageuk Tree with Deep Roots (Deeply Rooted Tree). He will play a former slave turned court official investigating a series of murders in Gyeongbokgong (Gyeongbok Palace) during the reign of King Sejong. Playing the Great King himself will be Han Suk Kyu, a veteran actor who has been out of the limelight for quite some time.

Jang_Hyuk_115.jpg

The drama will be based on the novel of the same name, penned by popular author Lee Jung Myung, who also wrote the novel which became the drama Painter of the Wind. PotW become a mess in the second half due to internal production squabbling, but the first half was as mesmerizing and glorious a sageuk as I have ever watched. Tree with Deep Roots, which will air on SBS, will reunite the two screenwriters who penned the highly successful Queen Seon Deok (as well as Dae Jang Geum and Seodongyeo).

source : AskActor

Guest gwapa_ko

^ADSFADFADFA!!! I'm so happy right now! Hyuk in a sageuk again!!! ♥ :wub: :wub: But wait..I hope he has a lot of fight scenes in this drama. :D

Lee Da Hae just mentioned Hyuk in a recent Section TV interview:

lee da hae soompi link

scroll down to post 21205 to 21207, she talks about kissing Hyuk. Ha, this girl! :wacko::D

------------------------------------------

EDIT:

Hyuk taking part in Running Man ep 44 :w00t:

rm.jpg

need to confirm again when this ep will be broadcast. Runningman is by SBS on Sundays.

Guest MaratsGirl

Lee Da Hae just mentioned Hyuk in a recent Section TV interview:

lee da hae soompi link

scroll down to post 21205 to 21207, she talks about kissing Hyuk. Ha, this girl! :wacko:  :D

------------------------------------------

EDIT:

Hyuk taking part in Running Man ep 44 :w00t:

*quoted image*

need to confirm again when this ep will be broadcast. Runningman is by SBS on Sundays.

[/qu

OMG she kissed him more than 100 times:o!!!!  I'm so envious to her... If I could kiss him just once  jajaja... :P

Hyuk enjoying a meal with his friend Hong Kyung Min after shooting for Midas ends.

55798559201105130018473822517437487_000.jpg

Hyuk's next activities will be a fan meeting in Japan (which involves some hotsprings :w00t:). The filming for the saguek drama seems to commence in June.

[EDIT:Hyuk's Japan trip pixs are out on Zoi's blog. Check them out!

zoi's blog

Hi all, I come her frequently to see our Hyuk news. Another sageuk for Hyuk :w00t: . He has been really busy this year. Saw this today on hancinema, it seems the drama "Deep-rooted Tree" casted its female lead.

Han Seok-kyu and Jang Hyeok... Sin Se-kyeong comes back to screens after a year

photo170997.jpg

Sin Se-kyeong is returning to the screens. She has become the lead role along with Han Seok-Kyu and Jang Hyeok.

Sin Se-kyeong has recently confirmed SBS TV drama "Deep-rooted Tree" as her next project. Therefore this is the first time a in a year she will be coming back to the brown screens after sitcom "High Kick Through The Roof". Drama "Deep-rooted Tree" is based on an original by writer Lee Jeong-myeong. It deals with the declaration of the Hunminjeongeum (Korean script) during the King Sejong era.

"Deep-rooted Tree" has a fancy cast. Writers Kim Yeong-hyeon and Park Sang-yeon from "Dae Jang Geum", "H.I.T", "Queen Seon-deok", etc, director Park Sang-yeon who has promoted the art of video with "War of Money", "Painter of the Wind" and more.

Sin Se-kyeong is So Ee, a maid who stands in the middle of the invention of the Korean language. Han Seok-Kyu has been cast as King Sejong and Jang Hyeok is Chae Yoon, a slave turned public official. Sin Se-kyeong said, "I have once been Queen Seon-deok's sister in the drama "Queen Seon-deok" and as this is my second project with writers Kim Yeong-hyeon and Park Sang-yeon I will show you a mature and professional side of me". Meanwhile, the drama "Deep-rooted Tree" is coming this 28th of September.

Source : http://news.nate.com/view/20110516n05100?mid=e0101 ( Korean )

Saw such a handsome photo of Hyuk, that I have to repost it here! :wub:

postmidas1.jpg

Thank you Apqaria for the news, yep, the drama looks interesting. potential contender for year end awards!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a photo of Hyuk in Japan (in the background). See his weights on the left? I am sure he always have to pay for excess luggage when he travels!! :P

55798559201105171953201573652131451_000.jpg

And apparently Jay Park is full of praise of how nice Hyuk is, teaching him about acting and posing for photos. This is the proof! :D

7a0ab5b69a954d147af055fc.jpg

Meanwhile, the Shin ramyeon that Hyuk endorses has sales shooting thru the roof. It is reported that he received about US$460000 in fees.

2011051811271.jpg

Hyuk in Japan:

japanhorseriding.jpg

combinefan.jpg

.................................................................................

And more gorgeous photos :wub:

201105191536776657_2.jpg

201105191536776657_1.jpg

Guest jen2010

Thanks for the photo :) Thought Hyukie would have taken some rest after his Midas filming, helping his wifey to sort out rubbish at home :P

I've just finished today's Running Man, the chasing part is a must watch. Its so funny, even though I don't understand a single word of Korean. He even had time to sign for the female employee while hes being chased *hahaha* Cant wait to see next week's episode. Looks like they've split Hyukie's episode on 2 parts.

The torrent file can be found on Runningman thread on soompi.

What is Jang Hyuk's role in 5 Senses of Eros? Does he have a kissing scene? -_- bed scene? -_-:D

This movie comprises of a few short stories. Yes he has a saucy kiss scene in there.

-----------

Yep I watch the show without subs too, it is a game show so alot of things is self-explanatory.

He look so handsome in the show!! But I got a feeling that its rigged to let him win :D

Its great that there are two parts, he sure is a good pal to Kim Jong Guk by appearing in two eps of runningman!

Here are some screen grabs of Hyuk in the latest runningman:

Baidu forum

Dramabean's article on Hyuk's upcoming Saguek drama

article