Welcome tjack! Hyuk received many awards and respect out of Chuno. I'm glad and also surprised to learn that Chuno was your first KDrama. Hyuk's new KDrama Midas are still broadcasting. You may want to watch a very different Hyuk in his new drama :rolleyes:

Last week I was out of town and I've been so sick for the last 2 weeks. We need more people here ^_^

Hi y'all

@qwenli and hahatk

My husband introduced me to Chuno back when we were engaged. He thought it would be a good story to introduce me to Koreas culture, levels of respect, class levels and things like that. Plus I love martial arts. I am not a youngin though, I turn 30 this month! Whoo Hoo! I started watching Midas raw, but now I am waiting for the translations to come out. I will probably marathon that drama.

I am really interested in Hyuks new drama Deeply Rooted Tree. My husband read the book recently and he said it was really good. He told me a little bit about it, but left out enough so that I could enjoy the twists and turns.

One thing he said is that the main character is young, around 21 or so, so he is not sure if Hyuk will play the lead character or a supporting character. What do you guys think?

Guest dairykhang

Hi y'all

@qwenli and hahatk

My husband introduced me to Chuno back when we were engaged. He thought it would be a good story to introduce me to Koreas culture, levels of respect, class levels and things like that. Plus I love martial arts. I am not a youngin though, I turn 30 this month! Whoo Hoo! I started watching Midas raw, but now I am waiting for the translations to come out. I will probably marathon that drama.

I am really interested in Hyuks new drama Deeply Rooted Tree. My husband read the book recently and he said it was really good. He told me a little bit about it, but left out enough so that I could enjoy the twists and turns.

One thing he said is that the main character is young, around 21 or so, so he is not sure if Hyuk will play the lead character or a supporting character. What do you guys think?

Hello sister ^^, nice to meet u ^^, why don't u watch other Hyuk's dramas like Thank You or Tazza? I suggest some movies like Windstuck and Dance of the Dragon, Maybe... they're are really interesting ^^

Midas has Chinese and Eng sub already in Midas thread, which language are u looking for?

another award for Chuno, also for Jang Hyuk and the rest of Chuno team.

Saw this at Chuno's naver-Chuno won (if I'm not mistaken) GOLD AWARD under drama category at 44th Houston International Film Festival. Chuno didn't win at New York TV Festival 2011, but still awarded as finalist.

CONGRATULATION TO JANG HYUK AND ALL CHUNO TEAM

http://star.mt.co.kr...ype=1&outlink=1

9624e98d4e95f4b299354cee5200bb37_large.jpg

I saw Midas rating is increasing-congratulation to JH and Midas team.

Hi!! I'm Darling, and I'm from Bolivia (suthamerica), I'm a JH's Fan... I love him

Welcome MaratsGirl!!

Yes the ratings for the latest episode of Midas has overtaken The Duo and become the highest among that time slot! Congrats to JH and Midas team!!

Samzz - whose that guy in the picture on the right?

Guest gwapa_ko

Add me up on the Jang Hyuk train!! :wub::w00t:

I just finished watching Chuno. And man...that drama was ABSOLUTELY amazing!!! I didn't know Jang Hyuk before I watched Chuno but he left me soooo speechless after watching Chuno. This guy's acting is beyond amazing!!! Especially in that drama!!!! Jang Hyuk really made Lee Daegil a very memorable character. Gosh I love this guy and his...uhmmmm CHOCO ABS. :w00t:

Chuno stands as my most fave Kdrama ever. I blogged about it hope you can visit my blog CHUNO SPAZZING blush.gif

I'm planning to buy a DVD of Midas coz watching it online takes time coz our internet connection sucks.

Have you guys tried sending gifts? Did you just send it to the agency's mailing address?

A little bit OT. I have a question my other fave actor Lee Jong Hyuk in his Han Cinema profile it says his agency is Sidus but I can't find him in their official site...so he's not in that agency anymore?

EDIT: I just watched parts of Win Win ep with Jang Hyuk! That ep was sooo funny! Too bad the uploader uploaded 25 minutes of the show only. HIS LAUGH IS THE BESTTTTTTTT!!! :w00t::wub: I was like smitten and out of breath when he was focused singing Creep by Radiohead. Kyaaaa~! :wub:

Did he answer the question when they shot Cheon Jiho's dying scene in Chuno if the actor playing Cheon Jiho's feet smelled? :D

Add me up on the Jang Hyuk train!!

Have you guys tried sending gifts? Did you just send it to the agency's mailing address?

A little bit OT. I have a question my other fave actor Lee Jong Hyuk in his Han Cinema profile it says his agency is Sidus but I can't find him in their official site...so he's not in that agency anymore?

Did he answer the question when they shot Cheon Jiho's dying scene in Chuno if the actor playing Cheon Jiho's feet smelled? :D

Hi Gwapa_Ko

Not sure about Lee Jong Hu's agency. Sidus lost quite a number of people in recent years.

About the smelly feet, I think Hyuk just laughed it off.

Yes you can send gifts to Jang Hyuk via his agency, but no guarantee if he will actually get it yeah.

See you around here often! :D

55798559201104211810044013582881267_000.jpg

Guest gwapa_ko

^Ohhh okay. I really hope KBS World will show old eps of Win Win. :D Yeah ..I will definitely hang here more often! :wub:

Welcome MaratsGirl and Gwapa_Ko!

Yes, Hyukie gave life to Daegil !

The Win Win ep with Hyuk was so fun to watch. I love when Lee DaHae and Director Kwak talked about the bts stories. Lee Dahae is always very generous on sharing funny stories :w00t: I wish Hyuk and LDH will work together again and again even though that's very unlikely <_<

zoi recently posted the interviews of Hyuk by LALA TV on YT. For those haven't watched can checked them here.

장혁"All about Jang Hyuk"Part-1 Jang Hyuk Interview -Jan.2011

장혁"All about Jang Hyuk"Part-2 Jang Hyuk Interview -Jan.2011

Congratz to Midas' number 1 ratings on the most current ep

Midas ratings

TNS AGB

01회 08.4%/09.5% 11.5%/12.2%

02회 08.1%/X 10.5%/10.3%

03회 11.2%/13.6% 13.4% /13.9%

04회 10.6%/12.6% 12.4%/14.1%

05회 11.5%/14% 12.4% /13%

06회 11.4%/14.8% 12.9%/14%

07회 10.0% 11.3% 12.6%/13.5%

08회 12.3%/14.4% 12.5%/14%

09회 11.6%/14.1% 13.1%/14.3%

10회 10.8% 13.2% 12.5% 13.2%

11회 11.0% 12.8% 13.0% 13.7%

12회 12.0% 15.4% 14.5% 15.8%

13회 12.5% 14.9% 14.8% 15.8%

14회 11.6% 13.9% 14.7% 15.8%

15회 13.2% 15.8% 15.3% 16.3%

16회 12.5% 14.5% 15.0% 15.2%

17회 13.2% 15.5% 16.3% 16.9%

Guest gwapa_ko

^Thank you for the welcome! blush.gif The YT link I watched cut the LDH and the Director Kwak's part. :(

No English subs in the video? :D

qwenli, the man in the photo is Lee tae-seok, a chatholic priest who worked to help Sudanese.

Extract from the KBS news on the winner at Houstom International Film Festival

http://news.kbs.co.k...19/2278057.html

7. Culture News

[Anchor Lead]

The KBS documentary "Don't Cry for Me, Sudan" has won the Grand Prize at an international film festival. Here is today's entertainment news.

[Pkg]

The KBS documentary "Don't Cry for Me, Sudan" is about the life of Lee tae-seok, a Catholic priest who worked to help the Sudanese. The theater version of the documentary attracted 400-thousand moviegoers. The documentary has won the Platinum Remi Award in the TV special-documentary category at the 44th Annual World-Fest Houston International Film Festival on April 16th. KBS drama "Son of Man" grabbed the Platinum Remi in the feature made for television section. Another KBS drama "The Slave Hunters" won the Gold Remi award in the TV Series segment. The Houston International Film festival is one of three largest film festivals in North America, along with the New York and the Banff TV Festival.

Guest gwapa_ko

^OMG! OMG! Thank you very much!!! I want to hug you right now!!! blush.gif

I'm watching Chuno again........for 3 consecutive rounds already. Is this addiction or what? :D:w00t:

Guest MaratsGirl

^OMG! OMG! Thank you very much!!! I want to hug you right now!!! blush.gif

I'm watching Chuno again........for 3 consecutive rounds already. Is this addiction or what? :D:w00t:

I'm watching Chuno mmm... for 5 consecutive rounds... jajaja... and the answer is: Yes!! we are addicts jajaja

Here is Hyuk's new CF (advertisement) with Shin Rameon (Shin Instant noodles). Their usual offerings are in red packs, but this new black packaging is more premium.

Check out Hyuk sipping a mouthful of noodles at one go :D

CF

Midas get one more ep extension giving it 21 episodes in total.

dramabeans article

Even as we are still talking about Midas, Hyuk is already in talks for his next drama slated for a broadcast in late Sep. This will be a saguek (historical drama) set in the time of King Sejong. The scriptwriters and director are all impressive. Writers are from Jewel of the Palace, The Ballad of Shu Tong (SoeDongyo), Queen Seon Deok and the director's works include War of Money and Painters of the wind.

A rough translation of the title is Big tree has deep roots? haha, sorry that's my own jab at it. The drama will have some suspense elements as it involves murders committed during that time.Hyuk has recommended the actor of Midas's villain (second brother) to be in the saguek as well. But in this show they will be in good terms.

I think we will be seeing a lot of Hyuk this year again! :)