♥ Ha Ji Won 하지원 ♥ 河智苑 ♥ ハジウォン♥ || Drama 2022: Curtain Call

strwbrry

ladykate ‏@ladykate1023  

Ha Ji Won will donate her charity auction sales to Operation Smile Children's charity for cleft lip and cleft palate surgery

as expected from the First Asian female ambassador for an international health and medical NGO, Operation Smile *proud*

Embedded image permalink

Link: http://www.fendi.com/kr-en/fendi-life/peekaboo-project/ha-jiwon.html

>>our yeoja is indeed a role model for positivity :D 

• Like 7

Ha Ji-won named honorary ambassador of hanbok

The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and Hanbok Advancement Center named actress Ha Ji-won an honorary ambassador of hanbok -- Korea’s traditional dress -- in celebration of annual Hanbok Day on Wednesday. 

Every October, Hanbok Day is held to promote the excellence of the traditional outfit and to boost the industry. Titled “Gyeongbokgung Palace Moonlit Hanbok Fashion Show,” this year’s event will be held at Gyeongbokgung Palace in central Seoul. 

The appointment ceremony will be hosted by Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Kim Jong-deok at a promotional event to be held at 7 p.m. on the day. 

“The starlet showcased the beauty of hanbok in various hit dramas like ‘Empress Gi’ and ‘Hwang Jini,’ and garnered huge popularity across Asia,” an official explained the reason of her nomination, in an interview with a local newspaper on Monday.

The actress will promote the costume through a number of photo spreads and promotional videos.

By Ko Ji-seon (jiseonko@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 8

‘Sageuk Goddess’Ha Ji Won appointed as Hanbok Honorary Ambassador

201510191032210410_1.jpg

Link: http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201510191032210410

Ha Ji Won will attend the appointment ceremony on Hanbok Day on October 21 (Wednesday), 7pm at Gyeongbokgung Palace in central Seoul.

>>wow!! HJW is a real classic beauty so she matched of being an ambassador for Hanbok.

• Like 6

[ENG] Korepo Interview - Ha Ji Won & Lee Jin Wook

‘Interview’ Ha Ji Won & Lee Jin Wook “The Time I’ve Loved You”

[Ha Ji-won (HA), Lee Jin-wook (Lee)]

Q: Who’s the mood maker?
HA: Lee Jin Wook. [Our] performance/chemistry was done very well, it’s been a pleasure. Rather than the script, filming was fun. Continuous filming overnight was hard, but Jin Wook created a soothing atmosphere. [He’s] more fun and entertaining than I thought before meeting [him]. I had so much fun.
LEE: It’s been a pleasure to me, too. Honestly, I didn’t think this performance/chemistry would be undoubtedly well matched, but it was undoubtedly well matched, and I had so much fun.
HA: I had so much fun, too.
LEE: So it was a very fun filming. Hana is a person who [gives] good feelings to the people around.[She’s like that] to anyone. With just her alone, it feels very exciting, making filming 2 times, 3 times more enjoyable.

Q: The sound of Hana’s laughter is very impressive.
HA: Really? (laughs)
LEE: [She’s] laughing right now, this feeling?
HA: What do you mean? (laughs)
LEE: It was really so much fun. Without the script, we could also act and come up with an ad lib.

Q: Please introduce each other’s character.
LEE: Hana is a cool woman who can do anything. A *new* woman.
HA: What’s a *new* woman? (laughs)
LEE: But there’s one thing lacking. Dating.(She isn’t dating.)
HA: Right.
LEE: There’s no man in her eyes. (She isn’t seeing anyone.) The reason is her close relationship with Won. In the end, I think it’s Won’s fault.

HA: (laughs)
LEE: But she’s a cool woman. In short, a *new* woman. (laughs)
HA: I wish someone like Won in the drama exists for real. The director [Jo Soo Won] and other people called it ‘Won is a fantasy’.
LEE: Right.
HA: Then a real one doesn’t exist. [If] such a cool type and I are in some sort of relationship, it’s the same as good luck. Namsachin (a male friend who’s like a lover)…it’s my first time knowing this word.
LEE: (nods)
HA: I don’t know this kind of love, but a boyfriend, a lover, or a  friend is a good person whom I can connect with like a soulmate. I think lots of girls are longing for the character Won and are really wishing that he was real. I was also very happy while filming. It was a feeling I’d never felt until now. I think it’d be great if a namsachin like Won exists, he’s extremely charming. 
LEE: Right.

Q: In a separate interview earlier, Ha Ji Won said Lee Jin Wook was a soulmate, and Lee Jin Wook said Hana was the equal representation of the sun. How do you feel?
HA: I feel very good. (laughs)

Q: Please explain why she [Hana] is the sun.
LEE: I watched her [Hana] from the beginning until the end. If I’m the Earth, she’s the sun. In fact, the Earth originated from the sun, therefore, they were originally one. So we must be soulmates. The names Hana(1) and Won(one) also have the same meaning. I’ve been revolving around the sun.(points to Ha Ji Won) She’s the sun, isn’t she? From the beginning to the end. From alpha to omega. 
Both: (laugh)

Q: The drama’s title, “The Time I’ve Loved You”, also gives off a warm atmosphere. What can you say about the drama?
HA: Wonnie, please tell. 
LEE: There are many projects about the theme of love, but the title, The Time I’ve Loved You, is about the time I’ve loved you. The story shows how the two people change and end the relationship that they have right now. Not to mention, it’s a theme about love between a man and a woman. It’s a story about how the two people’s relationship changes and transforms into love.
HA: Compared to other dramas and movies wherein love is expressed, this drama has kept [the main characters’] friendship for 17 years, which I think, is its charm. For 17 years, the two people have been by each other’s side, have loved each other, but don’t exceed the line as friends due to circumstances.
LEE: And also, as Hana is the drama’s main protagonist, to Won, her presence is like that of the sun. To Hana, Won’s presence is like that of the air.
LEE: She may not know whether Won is there or not, but she can’t be [complete] without him.
HA: Lee Jin Wook said it very well.
LEE: Yes. I studied a lot. (laughs)
HA: How about a book? (laughs)
LEE: I’m writing [one].

Q: What’s your impression of wearing school uniforms while acting your high school days? How would you rate each other?
LEE: I looked like I’d graduated long ago, but Ha Ji Won [looked like she’d graduated] just a few years ago.
LEE: It suited very well on Ha Ji Won. When [she] appeared wearing a school uniform, all the staff said, ‘[she] looked extremely good’. On the other hand, I looked the opposite. (?)
HA: But it was fine…
LEE: Yes. That’s why I changed my hairstyle. Even my behavior and speech. Even the skin of a laughing Hana looked good (He meant Ha Ji Won looked so youthful.), but I… So I worried that my past scenes would run for so long.

HA: It’s not like that. (laughs)
LEE: Hana will never know.
HA: Really?
LEE: Even though I was hurting, I thought I could try to look younger. 
HA: I thought of it this way. If I thought that I should look like a high school student, it’d be a burden. I thought of it as ‘Let’s create my high school days’. As a result, I started to forget about my greed [to look like a high school student]. At that time, how happy would I have been if I had a friend like Won? To be able to experience that situation was like a fantasy that was impossible. I enjoyed it. That’s why seeing Won in their high school days made Hana feel so excited (TN: She used the words 두근, ‘dugeun’) just as it did to me.
LEE: In fact, not only in Korea, but also in other foreign countries, I look older [than my actual age].I think that’s [my] original look. If The Time I’ve Loved You had used child actors [for the high school part], I think it’d fail to express [the importance] of that part. Whenever I act a childhood part, it’s visually uncomfortable, but I can express the emotions or feelings reasonably. Even when  acted as a high school student, after acting that part, [I felt it was] acted well with certainty (confidence),even if other people are forcibly against it.
LEE: I’m serious. Compared to [high school student] Hana, I looked like an ahjussi (uncle/old man). I know, but whenever I smile/laugh, there are wrinkles.
LEE: I got hurt.
HA: (laughs) Funny.

Q: It wouldn’t be well done if there were child actors.
LEE: That’s how I think. Right?
HA: Yes. (laughs)

Q: For the question about Hana’s failed romance. After Ho Joon betrayed [Hana], Won appeared at his wedding. How did Hana feel about that?
HA: In the wedding scene, Won [taught Hana] to love herself, something that she didn’t know how to do. She sort of wanted to blame Won [for the scene he’d caused at the wedding], but nevertheless, it was still thanks to Won for helping [her]. [She] also felt that Won felt sad [for her] at that moment.

Whenever Hana feels strong (resilient), whenever she’s happy, I don’t think it’s just because Won is always by her side. It’s because whenever something happens, they’re always together. Deep inside, she knows very well that as a friend she can get angry [with him]. (She means Hana can act comfortably and be herself in front of Won.) I think Hana will always appreciate and be thankful for Won’s presence.

Q: How did Won feel about going to the wedding?
LEE: More than for Hana, I think Won [wanted] to understand Hana and to objectively look [at what was going to happen]. [He wanted to look at] Hana’s way of thinking, which he was familiar of. So there was that reason. Hana doesn’t ask favors [from Won], she doesn’t know that that moment is the moment she needs help [from Won], and Won knows when [his help] is necessary. Hana doesn’t understand her own feelings. Instead of Hana understanding her own heart, there’s a nice and cool man who does it [for her].

Q: Won was against a younger boyfriend [for Hana]?
LEE: I know. Since Hana has dated for several times before, Won is not interested in Hana dating; His only concern is Hana’s happiness. She’s also a childhood friend, and [they’ve gone through] several things [together], so he gets very sensitive when it comes to *that girl*.
HA: Won knows better than Hana.
LEE: I think, to Won, Hana is always the center (his focus).
LEE: He’s really that kind of man. Because of Hana, he didn’t give up on school; Because of Hana, he didn’t give up on anything. And he changed his schedule according to Hana’s. He’s that style. (Lee Jin Wook almost said something that could have spoiled the drama, so he covered his mouth.) For more information, please watch the drama. (laughs)

Q: How does Hana feel about [having] a younger boyfriend?
HA: Honestly, there are many times when I myself don’t know my feelings. I can’t experience [it] by just acting [it]. Because of breaking up and dating, [Hana] gets cold, instead of sad. To me, those were angry tears. (Angry tears were shed.)

Q: Won appeared by the side of an [emotionally] wounded Hana, and they spent the night together, which felt a little awkward for them. What was your feeling [regarding that scene]?
HA: [He] was just a friend, but [we] got drunk, so it was a little awkward. It felt like we didn’t have that kind of relationship [to spend the night together]. Their [true] feelings hadn’t surfaced until then, it was a situation that they hadn’t imagined, so the feeling was a little unnatural.
LEE: Right. Maintaining the balance as friends. I wouldn’t have been in the same bed the next morning, but Won’s feelings were too much, and if he didn’t hide them as soon as possible, he would’ve been embarrassed. Hana didn’t know, but there was a reason. (?)

Q: Please tell us the development of feelings in the story.
LEE: The two people’s relationship, unfortunately, deviated when the timing was not quite right.
HA: Yes, timing.
LEE: And the thought of each other, that thought that it’s because of the misalignment [of their relationship to time] that they need time to think about their relationship. It’s a trial that [they] can overcome.
HA: Hana doesn’t seem to see Won’s virtue and doesn’t recognize [his] feelings.
LEE: Won is seriously sincere in facing [this issue] and [making] such decisions.

Q: Finally, please leave a message.
LEE: I hope a lot of people will take a look at The Time I’ve Loved You.
HA: Please show us a lot of love.
LEE: Please love The Time I’ve Loved You. Fighting!

CREDIT: Korepo, 너를 사랑한 시간 갤러리
English translation: cheshirecat1023
*Please do not repost/spread as requested by The Time We Were Not In Love DC Inside Gallery.*

• Like 5

HJW'S Hanbook Ambassador Appointment

whoah!!! she is gently beautiful with her latest photoshoot for giorgio armani :) 

'Twenty Again' star Lee Sang-yoon lists Jeon Mi-seon and Ha Ji-won as his favorite co-starring actresses in the future

(SKIP UNRELATED)

On October 19th, Lee Sang-yoon had an interview to wrap up tvN's Friday & Saturday drama, "Twenty Again".

Lee Sang-yoon continued on, "I really want to work with Ha Ji-won as well. She's good with action as well as melodrama. I've never done action before. I'd like to play in an action drama or a movie. If an opportunity for it would come, I'd take it".

cr. HANCINEMA

• Like 6

Ha Ji-won named Hanbok Day ambassador

South Korean actress Ha Ji-won smiles as she arrives to attend the opening ceremony of the Busan International Film Festival at Busan Cinema Center in Busan, South Korea, Thursday, Oct. 1, 2015. (AP Photo/Ahn Young-joon)

Top South Korean actress Ha Ji-won has been named a promotional ambassador for this year’s Hanbok Day, the Hanbok Advancement Center announced Monday.

An event celebrating the day, to be held at Gyeongbok Palace Wednesday, will feature a fashion show, Yonhapreported.

The actress’s promotional activities will include a photo shoot to promote hanbok, as well as videos to spread information about the traditional dress.

Ha is a Hallyu star who has starred in a number of television dramas — “Damo,” “Hwangjini,” “Empress Ki” — in hanbok.

Link: http://www.koreatimesus.com/ha-ji-won-named-hanbok-day-ambassador/

• Like 6