♥ Ha Ji Won 하지원 ♥ 河智苑 ♥ ハジウォン♥ || Drama 2022: Curtain Call

strwbrry

CMw40UzUAAArbr-.jpg

[ENG] Post “The Time We Were Not In Love” Interview — Ha Ji Won: “Risking Life For Love”, TTWWNIL Ratings, Chen Bolin Dating Rumors, Marriage

The film Risking Life For Love will start filming around the second week of September.

▻ Ha Ji Won expressed her own view on The Time We Were Not In Love ratings.

The Time We Were Not In Love’s final episode recorded a rating of 6.4% (AGB Nationwide). With respect to Ha Ji Won’s past works, it is considered a low score. But Ha Ji Won expressed, “When I was filming, I didn’t feel that the TV ratings of our drama were low.” She said, “I felt the ratings were good. The reactions of people around me were very warm. I might have felt the ratings were high, that’s why at the filming site I wasn’t bothered by those factors.” She added, “These days, isn’t it that many people watch through VOD?”

Ha Ji Won said she’s looking forward to her next work.

Ha Ji WonChen Bolin? I’ve met him only once… 

Actress Ha Ji Won, who played the role of Oh Hana in SBS drama The Time We Were Not In Love, met with the media, and during the interview, she (personally) denied the romance betweenChen Bolin and herself. Ha Ji Won said, “Because of the film, I met him for the first time, I’ve seen him only once. The concern regarding SNS was a matter before [meeting Chen Bolin].”

Ha Ji Won said ‘late marriage doesn’t matter’.

On August 19th, actress Ha Ji Won, who had recently wrapped up the drama The Time We Were Not In Love, had an interview with the media and talked about her own view on marriage.

Regarding the wedding scene in the drama The Time We Were Not In LoveHa Ji Won said,“When we were filming the wedding scene, I was particularly in a good mood, it was a scene that turned out to be more beautiful than what I had thought of. On the way from my house to Won’s house, from high school photos to present photos, plus [our] friends, the mood was really very pleasant.” When asked whether it was because of filming the drama or her own fantasies of falling into marriage, Ha Ji Won expressed, “Although I haven’t specifically thought of it, but when filming the drama that time, I considered that form of wedding was really good, it made people feel very warm. That seemed to be my first time filming a wedding scene, the process was very happy.” When referring to real-life wedding plans, Ha Ji Won is very rational, she said, “Before filming the movieChronicle of a Blood Merchant, I had thought of wanting to establish a family [of my own], but this time, when filming The Time We Were Not In Love, I had no particular idea of marriage. Right now, I hope I can work harder, and then talk about a beautiful love. It doesn’t matter to get married a little late.” Regarding her parents, she expressed, “My parents understand me. Even though my mother have once told me that I should love [someone] and get married already, but my father has never said those words.

Link: http://cheshirecat1023.tumblr.com/post/127072734771/eng-post-the-time-we-were-not-in-love

@dawnshine thanks much dear for translating those articles :D :D  

• Like 4

Guest dawnshine

@dawnshine, please let me dream a little !!!:D I'm a dreamy person and I like to joke!

Chingu, I love dreaming and joke too. :lol: I have a lot of dreams and well-wishes for Jiwonnie...

• I wish her and her family happiness and everyone remains healthy and happy
  • She continues to enjoy whatever she wants to accomplish and do in life,  as long as she's happy. That all it matters. :)
  • Every 1023s around the world continues to show support to her and her work.
  • Many more viewers around the world are touched with and inspired by her acting, her very nice personality, her professionalism and passion in acting.

Oops these sound like a lot of dreams from me for her! Well as long as our wishful dreams/jokes do not cause her into unnecessary troubles, we can keep them to ourselves.;) The bottom line is  as long as she's happy and healthy, we all should continue to support and respect her. 

Edited by dawnshine

wow!! HJW's still in busy schedule after TTWWNIL ends.... a very hardworking yeoja indeed!!! 

• Ha Ji Won and Lee Jin Wook will attend AK Plaza Department Store celebration party on August 21 at 6 pm KST

CMxZeslUYAAZME9.jpg

• Ha Ji Won will attend Giorgio Armani Store at Lotte Dept Store on August 22 at 3 pm KST
  •  J.ONE  Beauty Talk Event with Ha Ji Won will be held on Aug 25 at 14.00-16.00pm KST (Raum Art Center)

via ladykate twitter

• Like 5

Guest dawnshine

Top Knetz's comments in response to Ha Ji Won's interview articles regarding her scandal with CBL, in regards to HJW's clarification regarding that scandal

Ha Ji Won, "Chen Bo Lin, Only Met Him Once...Laugh Off About It"

1. [+3713 -194] Ji Won Unnie said the rumor is not true, then it really means the rumor is not true.
  2. [+3143 -148] Ha Ji Won deserves to marry a better guy...
  3. [+2018 -122] Cool! Ha Ji Won is cool!!
  4. [+1792 -142] Whenever Ha Ji Won is mentioned, she reminds us of Damo and Secret Garden.
  5. [+1629 -88] This is not even dating; it is only a sudden unexpected matter (baseless rumor). Hope everyone is clear about the real situation (that they aren't dating)....and looking forward to HJW, LJW and CBL's movie together!!! Show it in the cinema soon hehe.

Source: http://sbsfune.sbs.co.kr/news/news_content.jsp?article_id=E10006989626

Translated to English by: @dawnshine

Edited by dawnshine

Your such a very nice and has a big heart chingu @dawnshine for sharing and giving an effort to translate those articles :D 

I have a lot to say but I don't know how to totally express and organize my thoughts :) but one thing of HJW's answer which is new to me when she said, "Love at first sight was my style." (She has such a very fairytale-like view about love, probably the reason why til now she is still single, because in reality the prince charming riding in a white horse is very rare or doesn't exist at all :D)

And about marriage thing, HJW had always been asked about it since she's 32 and as I've noticed her answers about it is that she don't want to commit if it really gonna happen or not.

Some of her various interviews before concerning her about marriage.

At 32, have you thought about marriage?

I haven’t thought of marriage – not even once! I’m quite surprised that you ask this. Even though my older and younger sisters are married, I do not think about getting married myself.

Actress, Ha Ji Won (33) still has no desire to marry. On one of her interviews at Cafe Dong, Seoul on July 28, Ha Ji Won met with reporters and said she thinks that marriage is nice but she doesn't feel the pressure of the idea of getting married. 

She said, "Isn't like the same as dating but a better one? I have that thought about married people." She laughed. "Maybe after two more action movies like Sector 7, I'll probably get married," She said playfully.

Actress Ha Ji Won (34) recently talked how she feels about marriage.

On March 8, Ha attended a press conference for MBC’s new Wednesday-Thursday series The King 2 Hearts and was asked about marriage. Ha replied that she doesn’t know yet.

Ha added, “I know that I’m old enough to marry but I don’t know what marriage is. People tell me about getting married but since I don’t what marriage is, I’m not thinking about getting married yet.”

And in Instyle Magazine May 2013 issue, Ha Ji Won (35) said she thought that it's ok that she don't get married. But now she feels like getting married. 

In “Chronicle of a Blood Merchant,” Ha Ji Won portrays Heo Ok Ran, the beautiful wife of Heo Sam Kwan (Ha Jung Woo). She and Ha Jung Woo will portray the progression of the couple’s relationship, from the early lovey dovey dating stages to forming a family and raising three sons together.

Ha Ji Won (36) commented, “This is my first real role as a mother. Through filming, I experienced the warmth of a family. It made me think again about marriage. If I were to get married, I want to have three sons.” Director and lead actor Ha Jung Woo chimed in, sharing that Ha Ji Won affectionately takes care of the child actors on set.

And NOW :) 

She was asked if she had any wedding plans, reporters noted that she sounded rational, HJW (37) said, "When I was filming Blood Merchant, I did think about starting my own family, but this time when filming TTWWNIL, I did not have this specific thought. Now I hope I could focus to work hard in my career, then start a relationship, even getting married a little later is fine. " Did your parents press you to get married? She explained, "My parents understand me very well. Even though mom did talk about relationship and marriage earlier, dad has never talked about such thing; he felt instead of sending his daughter out, he'd love to hold on to his precious daughter to spend the rest of his life."

I think she is still not decided up until this age when it comes to marriage, unlike how committed and sure she is when she's asked about work. Well, as the sayings goes, 
"It's NOT about being engaged, married, or in a relationship, it's about being secured, happy, safe, relieved, and feeling good. It's about having a peaceful state of mind. It's about sleeping at night without the fear of losing what you've got. It's about being yourself and not someone else. It's about feeling loved, happy, respected,understood and appreciated. It's all about the right person and the right time." - Anonymous.
And I think, HJW is one of those women who believes that nothing's to worry just being with yourself as long as you feel happy and contented.

On the other hand, since HJW has no real thoughts about that marriage thing, as a fan I am also excited about her future projects of the variety of roles she's going to take, I want to see another HJW to be revealed as an actress :D

Fighting Jiwonnie!!! :D Be always healthy and be happy, just follow your heart and desire! :) 

• Like 4

My thoughts on marriage: if HJW can be this gorgeous and still single then so can I. Whenever my mom asks me about marriage I always say I'll think about when HJW gets married lol

I can't stand it when the topic of marriage gets brought up and it overshadows the woman's other achievements. Some people just have life goals that don't necessarily have to do with marriage and kids. That being said, if she finds her "love at first sight" or someone like Choi Won then good for her! If not, unnie you just do you! ;)

• Like 9

The 7 best noona romances to fall in love with all over again

4. Ha Ji WonINFINITE's LThe Time That I Loved You, 7000 days

871d920b-1039-4163-ba4f-18cc1fca1530.jpg

In The Time That I Loved You, 7000 Days we get to witness Ha Ji Won in a number of different relationships. One of the most fun to watch was her budding romance with an intern working under her, played by INFINITE's LL plays a character eight years her junior who is protective of her and shows off his very charming self to get noona to fall in love with him. If you want to giggle and smile at all the sweet romantic moments watch it now. 

http://www.dramafever.com/news/the-7-best-noona-romances-to-fall-in-love-with-all-over-again/

• Like 2

Go Won Hee (The Time We Were Not In Love) revealed that the drama had been on live shooting mode since episode 6. Ha Ji Won sunbae had a lot of screen time but under an extremely tight schedule that she almost had no sleep at all, she was always smilingly brightly at the film set. Seeing HJW sunbae's face, the thoughts of 'this is what professional means', came to her mind. She (HJW) is very respectable.

translated by zoompi123

source: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=111&aid=0000433376

Edited by zoompi123
  • Like 5

Guest dawnshine

@ferlycious : Thank you for your kind words dear. Hopefully chingus here were happy to read more about Jiwonnie from my unprofessional translated articles.

Some of us here are concerned about Jiwonnie's private life huh? Kind of like mommies worrying about our daughter's happiness. :lol: Actually Jiwonnie is a very smart intelligent person. She definitely knows what she wants in life. We should be as cool as her dad who's totally hands-off about her personal matter.

Marriage and relationship may not necessarily equate with happiness for everyone. A marriage or r/s might fail too and could lead to misery than happiness. As long as she is happy with what she is doing, we should be happy for her, regardless of the status of her private life. Don't worry about her being lonely because she is surrounded with love from her wonderful family whom she prioritizes, supportive friends and loyal 1023s. She is certainly not a workaholic with no life!

On top of that she is also a very private person...which means she wants everyone to just focus on her work but not her private life. If she wants to share, she will definitely share..just like she shares some family matters with 1023s every now and then. She really treats 1023s as part of her big family. I agree with what our chingu @gzbe said that Jiwonnie definitely does not want her private life overshadows her passion and achievement in acting. I chuckled reading @gzbe's comment because I recalled how frustrating it was being asked constantly by others about "When are you going to get married?" or "Are you dating yet?". Yea, it could be more frustrating if you are a public figure. I totally get it. I feel for you Jiwonnie.

Let us all continue to support and cheer for Jiwonnie and focus on her projects, which is what she wants us to do. She has continuously emphasized again and again that she feels happy to get to do what she wants to do. For this, we rejoice for her. :)

I like this pic! Ha Ji Won is so cool! :P

1439973060311_1_233219.jpg

Edited by dawnshine

Guest dawnshine

DongA reporters remarked that Ha Ji Won has always looked beautiful whenever they met her.  Not only her beautiful appearance, her personality and maturity of social manner are role models for many actresses. In actuality, Ha Ji Won is one of the most likened actresses among reporters and media photographers.

Source: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000393786

Translated to English by @dawnshine

You always have to pull an all-nighter, how do you cope with that physically? Ha Ji Won replied, “Three months before starting filming, I would start working out. Knowing that this drama (TTWWNIL) had high school scenes, I had stopped doing muscle building exercise six months prior filming. Instead I started dancing ballet, focused on doing more stretching exercise. As a result my weight  altered while my muscle volume was reduced significantly.”

(Personal note: This is one of the reasons I respect her; she spends a lot of time preparing for her role, paying every little details in prepping her character for every project. An extremely dedicated actress!)

Source: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=241&aid=0002456033 (Joongang)

73139154.2_99_20150820090504.jpg?type=w573135029.2_99_20150820090504.jpg?type=w5

73139169.2_99_20150820090504.jpg?type=w5

Edited by dawnshine

Hello everyone! I really appreciate all of your relevant posts about Ms. Ha Ji Won. She truly deserves all the love you are showing her. 

Just a shout out to Ms. @dawnshine, all your best efforts in translating so many articles and of course your insightful comments in this thread and at TTWWNIL thread is highly appreciated. Thank you very much.

I am hoping for some kind soul to give us even just a gist of the article below on "200% HJW-LJW Chemistry."  I am just one curious reader dying to know what the article is all about. I apologize for taking your precious time.

‘The Time We Were Not In Love’ Leaves w/ 6.4% Rating & 200% Ha Ji Won-Lee Jin Wook Chemistry” http://www.moneyweek.co.kr/news/mwView.php?no=2015081809308004102&outli

Edited by nyangie1023
  • Like 3

Guest dawnshine

Ha Ji Won shared, "When I was in the hospital, I overheard the nurses there remarking how they liked TTWWNIL very much, they felt more excited for the drama after the airport kiss scene for 1+1 and liked how 1+1 have gotten together." Overhearing the nurses' conversation, I felt really good. In reality as a cast, there is not much one could do in the drama, I could only diligently focus on my role as Oh Hana. I did not give up on Oh Hana and stay-focused in working on my acting for the character till the very end." 

Source: http://joynews.inews24.com/php/news_view.php?g_menu=700100&g_serial=914936&rrf=nv

Personal note:  Looks like HJW was sick when filming TTWWNIL and went to the hospital. Yea, just 2-4 hours of sleep in total for 6 days for 5 weeks in a roll, even iron man would fall sick. If it's not this news, we would not even know she was unwell when filming because her portrayal of Oh Hana was awesome! Thanks for your dedication, Ha Ji Won!

Edited by dawnshine

[Interview] Ha Ji-won isn't bothered by the percentage or scandal

photo625950.jpg

Ha Ji-won says her effect has worn off. She's been mostly successful with "Secret Garden" and "The King 2 Hearts" but she didn't make it big with "The Time I Loved You". However, it's not only her fault. She quit working out and started ballet and stretching for her role of a high school student. It wasn't easy for her to put on a uniform at an age nearing 40. "The Time I Loved You" went through a lot of struggles with the director being changed twice and even the writers. The percentage remained at 6~7% all throughout the 16 episodes. Ha Ji-won tries to pretend it's alright but not compared to her past works. We met Ha Ji-won at a café on the 19th and she seemed peaceful. She smiled as she said, "The viewing rates? Everyone around me said it was fun!". She seemed far from being worried. She could even blame the writer but she said, "I just have to fulfill what I have been given. I only see mine. It's not like I am in contact with the writer anyways". How does Ha Ji-won feel about not being Oh Ha-na anymore?

photo625951.jpg

Q: How do you feel now that the drama is over?

Ha Ji-won: "I had more fun towards the middle of the drama rather than the first. Exhaustion aside, I had so much fun".

How was working with Lee Jin-wook?

"We cooperated well and it was fun. Lee Jin-wook has a thing for making people laugh".

The percentage wasn't that great.

"It's ironic. Everyone I meet said the drama was great but the viewing percentage wasn't as high. But that didn't bring me down. Dramas aren't always watched on the TV these days".

There's no truth to the percentage.

For example, it's something like this. When I go to a coffee shop or the sauna everyone tells me they're watching the drama. I didn't hear that during "Empress Qi". Maybe the character wasn't easy to understand but this time it was different. Many people asked me how the ending went".

There was a switch in writers.

"What mattered to me most was how I played Oh Ha-na. There was no time to waste just because the writer had changed".

Do you keep in touch with the writer?

"Hahaha, no I don't".

You played a teenager in uniform to a grown up in office-look.

"I didn't think myself in uniform would be shown that much. The director didn't want a younger actress playing the part. It was very pressuring but I imagined I was traveling back to my teen years. It's more exciting to think I'm doing something I haven't done then".

It was a happy ending in the end.

"I didn't know there could be a 'man-best-friend' until I did this drama. I wished for a male friend like Choi Won (Lee Jin-woo). We connected well and I liked how they looked like friends but lovers at the same time".

Why didn't you actually kiss Lee Jin-wook?

"I didn't know. The kiss scenes were usually taken late at night or early in the morning. I guess I wasn't fully awake and exhausted".

Some say your 'cuteness' took some time to get used to.

"That's not fair. I didn't think I was much different from my usual self. Maybe I came off too strong in most of my roles until now. I realized a lot about my typical image. I like being at home the way I am in the drama".

photo625952.jpg

You carried two bags in the drama.

"I wanted it to seem realistic. Women in the real world really carried two bags including their laptop and personal handbags. I thought it seemed realistic and active".

The clothes you wear are 'wannabe'.

"I put a lot of effort into the style. I never had much to wear during "Secret Garden" or "Empress Qi". I started putting on clothes from early in the morning. I had to go through 15 different outfits once".

How did you maintain your energy with so many all-nighters?

"I work out like an athlete 3 months ahead of starting something. I didn't work out for 6 months because I had to be a high school student. The ballet teacher told me not to walk so I didn't. I stretched a lot and lost a lot of muscle weight".

You have a scandal with Boris Chen.

"We only met once because of a movie in Korea".

You guys put up the same pictures.

"Netizens are amazing. Many regular people post similar pictures too. I think they were manipulated but I don't care much about the scandal".

What's your ideal type?

"I usually expect to fall in love at first sight but I did feel that even friends can end up being lovers. I want to be in love with someone who makes me feel comfortable. I like fun people. Still, there has to be some of that tingling thing".

When was your last romance?

"A long time. I don't even know how to tell you". The word 'action' comes along with the name 'Ha Ji-won' "I like action. I wanted to do something different this time. Action is tough. I am not even that strong. I guess I'm taking it all out on the action roles I play".

source: Hancinema.net

Edited by grimselpass
  • Like 4

Guest dawnshine

@nyangie1023 Chingu, that article basically didn't have much content other than saying despite the low rating for TTWWNIL finale episode (6.4%), the chemistry of the two leads were great. It just listed who were the leads and PD. 

Friendly reminder chingu!! It is against Soompi's rule to quote picture, better remove that quoted picture before the moderators come give us a buzz buzz.:P

Edited by dawnshine