♥ Ha Ji Won 하지원 ♥ 河智苑 ♥ ハジウォン♥ || Drama 2022: Curtain Call

strwbrry

May 21, 2012

Ha Jung-woo, Ha Ji-won Voted Most Popular Movie Stars

Source: englishnews@chosun.com

2012052101154_0.jpg

Ha Jung-woo (left) and Ha Ji-won

Ha Jung-woo and Ha Ji-won have been voted the most popular actor and actress in Korea in an email poll by the Chosun Ilbo and the nation's largest film ticketing site MaxMovie.

Some 25,784 people voted from April 18 to May 5. The two drew 10.1 and 13.7 percent of the votes respectively. But Song Kang-ho and Jeon Do-yeon were chosen as the best -- as opposed to most popular -- actor and actress, with 18 and 23.3 percent.

Since the poll targeted online users of MaxMovie who had been to the cinema at least once last year, it probably reflects moviegoers' preferences more accurately than other surveys.

Popularity vs. Acting Skills

Comparison with a similar survey in April last year reveals that people prefer actors with both acting skills and popular appeal. Ha Jung-woo soared from eighth place in the popularity list in 2011 to the top this year after he appeared in a series of recent hit movies including "The Client," "Love Fiction," and "Nameless Gangster."

New entrants on the list are Park Hae-il (fourth with 8.7 percent), Kim Yoon-seok (sixth with 4 percent), and Choi Min-sik (eighth with 3.6 percent). All the three impressed moviegoers with their acting skills in box office hits such as "Arrow - The Ultimate Weapon," "Punch," or "Nameless Gangster."

In contrast, Won Bin and Kang Dong-won, who ranked first and third respectively last year, fell to fifth and ninth place since they have not appeared in any films released this year. Jang Dong-gun and Lee Byung-hun did not make the list although they took the No. 6 and 10 spots last year.

Nine of the 10 most popular actors were also on the list of the most skilled actors, with the exception of Kang Dong-won in the former and Sol Kyung-gu in the latter.

But among actresses, only six found their names on both of the lists. Moon So-ri (fifth with 6.1 percent), Yoon Yeo-jeong (sixth with 3.8 percent), Kim Hye-ja (ninth with 2.5 percent) and Kim Yun-jin (10th with 2.5 percent) were voted as having good acting skills but not on the popularity list, suggesting that the popularity of actresses has less correlation with their acting skills than their male counterparts.

Among directors, Bong Joon-ho was picked as the best with 19.8 percent. Im Kwon-taek slipped from the top last year to third place with 9.22 percent. Kang Woo-suk and Kang Je-gyu, star directors in the 1990s and the early 2000s, ranked in the top 10 but were outperformed by Bong and Park Chan-wook (second place with 9.68 percent), who are becoming well known overseas.

Kang Je-gyu saw his ranking fall from third in 2011 to sixth (3.84 percent) this year after his film "My Way" tanked. Kang Woo-suk managed to hold on to fourth place but he garnered a mere 5.72 percent, down from last year’s 14.1 percent.

This year's top 10 list has the same names on it as last year's, with the exception of Byun Young-joo (eighth with 3.50 percent), but the order changed. "Once established, directors' recognition appears to last longer than actors," MaxMovie analyzed.

Theater Attendance

When asked about their favorite ways of watching films, 82.5 percent said going to movie theaters, up from last year's 66.1 percent. Next came downloading movies on the Internet at 8.1 percent, down from 27.7 percent last year. A glut of 3D movies seems to attract people to cinemas.

The Korean article

ch_1337574781_1706659467_0.jpg

ch_1337574782_1706993936_1.jpg

hello chingu how are you? when i read that article i was literally squealing,gosh he is such a sincere guy, i think he is a better match for our amazing yeoja . sorry i am a HJW -LSG SHIPPER NOW hehehe.see u around

Yow chinggu!!! I am now really in trouble with who-goes-my-vote-with between the Hyunbinnie and Seunggi! Can't Jiwonnie just take them both?! Haha. Anyway, it's so manly for Seunggi to admit such thing on his interview. Our amazing yeoja is so lucky for another top actor adding to the long list of his admirers. rolleyes.gif

K2H is going to end in two days time and I'm already feeling blue!!! sad.gif

Just what else could this amazing woman cannot do? w00t.gif

Who is the champion of splits?

522331_3713603689912_1570261231_2884230_291883139_n.jpg

Many female celebrities have done the splits on screen, but who is the best?

Actress Ha Ji Won surprised viewers with her 180-degree split on MBC‘s drama ‘The King 2 Hearts‘. On episode 18, the actress did a split as she exercised before attempting a prison break.

Han Ga In also stretched her legs on the March 28th episode of SBS‘s ‘One Night of TV Entertainment‘. The beautiful actress lied on the floor and did a full split, surprising many viewers with her flexibility, and making some fans jealous of husband Yun Jung Hoon.

There are also many girl group members who seem to be confident when it comes to splits. The public is already well aware of f(x)‘s Victoria, who has shown her incredible flexibility on various variety shows. Victoria, who studied traditional Chinese dance in the past, is able to do unbelievable splits beyond 180 degrees.

SISTAR did “high-kick” choreography for their track “How Dare You“. All four members were capable of doing the “high-kick” dance, which impressed many fans.

miss A‘s Fei and Jia are also known to be the split masters of their group. On SBS‘s ‘Star King‘, Jia challenged f(x)’s Victoria to determine the real champion of splits. Fei and Min have also been known for their capability of doing difficult choreography.

Girls’ Generation‘s YuriSunnyHyoyeonJessica2NE1‘s Minzy, singer Lee So Eun seem to have proven their ability to do splits as well.

So who do you think is the champion of splits?

Source + Photo: Star News via Nate

Guest niknokdagu425

Yow chinggu!!! I am now really in trouble with who-goes-my-vote-with between the Hyunbinnie and Seunggi! Can't Jiwonnie just take them both?! Haha. Anyway, it's so manly for Seunggi to admit such thing on his interview. Our amazing yeoja is so lucky for another top actor adding to the long list of his admirers. *quoted image*

K2H is going to end in two days time and I'm already feeling blue!!! *quoted image*

Just what else could the the amazing woman cannot do? *quoted image*

hello chingu all my votes goes to  LSGwub.gifkekeke but of course who ever is that lucky guy our HJW ends up with i will always support her.Gosh me too im already sad how i wish they will extend it but its not possible,hhuhuhu im gonna miss all the hearties and especially our OTP, hey you must be present on WED/THU ok its our last live streaming.attendance is must hahaha see u around

hello chingu all my votes goes to  LSG*quoted image*kekeke but of course who ever is that lucky guy our HJW ends up with i will always support her.Gosh me too im already sad how i wish they will extend it but its not possible,hhuhuhu im gonna miss all the hearties and especially our OTP, hey you must be present on WED/THU ok its our last live streaming.attendance is must hahaha see u around

Gaaah! I'll do my best chinggu!!! I'm at work during those hours! You're making me frustrated! Haha. See yah!!! sweatingbullets.gif 

Guest niknokdagu425

Gaaah! I'll do my best chinggu!!! I'm at work during those hours! You're making me frustrated! Haha. See yah!!! *quoted image* 

hahaha,file a sick leave so that you can watch it(just joking) see u and take caresmile.gif

Guest epr67

Our dear HJW is torn between two lovers...hehehe... I wish I could help her choose between HB and LSG. lol.. B):lol:

Our dear HJW is torn between two lovers...hehehe...  I wish I could help her choose between HB and LSG. lol..  B):lol:

I wish too... that if she makes her final decision, I could grab either of the two whom she did not choose. hahaha. *fanfiction-ing here. sweatingbullets.gifw00t.gif

Guest sleepyhead01

Jiwonie is doing a fantastic job in tk2h! With 2 episodes left, I could now imagine myself at McDonalds with Mcfloat and fries and.... CRYING!!! TK2H is really good!

Guest epr67

Whoever HJW chooses, we are all ready to take the one she has left..hahaha.

Jiwonie is doing a fantastic job in tk2h! With 2 episodes left, I could now imagine myself at McDonalds with Mcfloat and fries and.... CRYING!!! TK2H is really good!

HJW is the best !!! She has proven again to all that she is the best actress of her time.. and with the recent email survey, she grabbed the top spot as Most Popular Star along with Ha Jong Woo. Long Live the Queen !!!

Yay! Always being chosen as one of the best! That's of course no doubt! Only HJW can achieve those praises, honors and awards all at the same time. 

And looks like this year, I can already smell more awards for her! For Korea and King 2 Hearts! Yey! rolleyes.giflaugh.gif

And oh, found this on the K2H fb page. It was all over the news that Seunggi failed to attend the KOREA VIP premier, but he gave bouquet of flowers and a dedication cake to Unniie, to her ideal woman! Such a thoughtful and sweet man indeed! wub.gif

149397_336007763130936_316050661793313_876807_2107934383_n.jpg

541161_336007806464265_316050661793313_876809_1423737467_n.jpg

522373_338210172910695_316050661793313_881288_150981022_n.jpg

Oh hi mssegacrazy! I also love your posts in the K2H forum! So glad your also a fan of our jiwon-shi!!! *quoted image*

And have you read the latest news, Seunggi admitted he has changed his ideal type to HJW!!! He was indeed taken away by the amazing yeoja's charm! Cn't wait for Jiwon's reply on that admission.. *quoted image*

Yes I've heard of that through K2H forum! Like other celebrity fanboys, Lee seung gi fell for Ha Ji Won. Any one will be caught by her charm because of her kindness, beauty and amazing personality. She's indeed the amazing yeoja. Yeah! I can't wait for her reply too! I hope she and SG will have an interview together wub.gifwub.gif

Yes I've heard of that through K2H forum! Like other celebrity fanboys, Lee seung gi fell for Ha Ji Won. Any one will be caught by her charm because of her kindness, beauty and amazing personality. She's indeed the amazing yeoja. Yeah! I can't wait for her reply too! I hope she and SG will have an interview together *quoted image**quoted image*

Kyaaaahhh! An interview together would be very fantastic!!! With that, we would probably see whether awkwardness or shyness will soar up between them.. haha! *wild imagination Super loving this OTP in reel and real life!!! wub.gifwub.gif wub.gif 

Oh, it's just hours to go and the inevitable ending of their stellar drama will be airing.. Gaaah, i already have butterflies in my stomach for the outcome of each character and story itself! WAAAHHHHH! 

Whoever HJW chooses, we are all ready to take the one she has left..hahaha.

HJW is the best !!! She has proven again to all that she is the best actress of her time.. and with the recent email survey, she grabbed the top spot as Most Popular Star along with Ha Jong Woo. Long Live the Queen !!!

Yes she is the BEST! on that same email survey, she got the no.2 spot for best actress. she's hitting two birds in one stone. her dedication and passion for acting is what made her successful for one and a half decade in the business. daebak!

Kyaaaahhh! An interview together would be very fantastic!!! With that, we would probably see whether awkwardness or shyness will soar up between them.. haha! *wild imagination Super loving this OTP in reel and real life!!! *quoted image**quoted image* *quoted image* 

Oh, it's just hours to go and the inevitable ending of their stellar drama will be airing.. Gaaah, i already have butterflies in my stomach for the outcome of each character and story itself! WAAAHHHHH! 

Like you, I love to see them together in reel and real life! *high five! I'm a LSG-HJW shipping convert after The King 2 Hearts. 

I'm so excited to watch the final two episodes of the drama. At the same time, I'm sad knowing that this stellar drama which became my life for 10 weeks is nearing its end. tears.gif I'll miss this thread and TK2H's. I'll be sooooo busy next month. I hope I can still catch up to the news about the amazing yeoja. I consider her as a role model. I love her dedication and passion for her work. wub.gifwub.gif I've been a fan through Secret Garden. I watched all of her movies starting from Reversal of Fortune to Sector 7 excluding the horror ones. Her movies are so damn awesome. I want to watch Korea/As one so badly. phew.gifphew.gif 

Yes she is the BEST! on that same email survey, she got the no.2 spot for best actress. she's hitting two birds in one stone. her dedication and passion for acting is what made her successful for one and a half decade in the business. daebak!

Like you, I love to see them together in reel and real life! *high five! I'm a LSG-HJW shipping convert after The King 2 Hearts. 

I'm so excited to watch the final two episodes of the drama. At the same time, I'm sad knowing that this stellar drama which became my life for 10 weeks is nearing its end. *quoted image* I'll miss this thread and TK2H's. I'll be sooooo busy next month. I hope I can still catch up to the news about the amazing yeoja. I consider her as a role model. I love her dedication and passion for her work. *quoted image**quoted image* I've been a fan through Secret Garden. I watched all of her movies starting from Reversal of Fortune to Sector 7 excluding the horror ones. Her movies are so damn awesome. I want to watch Korea/As one so badly. *quoted image**quoted image* 

Glad you've found your way to be one of jiwonnie's awesome fanatics! You should also watch her other dramas Memories of Bali, Hwang Jinii. I tell you, you won't regret it. rolleyes.gif But I  recommend you as well to watch her horror films because those are equally good as her other genre films.. she's just so flexible that even if it is a horror film, I'm focused on her. Her acting alone. *here I go again fangirling even though I'm of course, a straight lady. Haha.

Yeah, its coming to an end but it's side effects/memories/standard/quality will surely be forever in all the HEARTIES' hearts! This is one of the most magnificent K-dramas out there that though didn't work out ratings in Korea, but is surely being loved by viewers abroad, like us!

Probably Korea is set to be released internationally like 2-3 months since its released like Sector 7 which was released just this May in my country (Philippines) but was shown way back November or December in Korea. I badly want to watch it too but unfortunately I'm in a Saudi so I might just download it on the web. Hehe. tongue.gif

Glad you've found your way to be one of jiwonnie's awesome fanatics! You should also watch her other dramas Memories of Bali, Hwang Jinii. I tell you, you won't regret it. *quoted image* But I  recommend you as well to watch her horror films because those are equally good as her other genre films.. she's just so flexible that even if it is a horror film, I'm focused on her. Her acting alone. *here I go again fangirling even though I'm of course, a straight lady. Haha.

Yeah, its coming to an end but it's side effects/memories/standard/quality will surely be forever in all the HEARTIE's hearts! This is one of the most magnificent K-dramas out there that though didn't work out ratings in Korea, but is surely being loved by viewers abroad, like us!

Probably Korea is set to be released internationally like 2-3 months since its released like Sector 7 which was released just this May in my country (Philippines) but was shown way back November or December in Korea. I badly want to watch it too but unfortunately I'm in a Saudi so I might just download it on the web. Hehe. *quoted image*

You're a Filipino just like me! I haven't thought of that. sweatingbullets.gif I already watched her What Happened in Bali and Hwang Jin Yin and its f****** awesome! Sorry for the term but they're really that awesome.I ended up rewatching them like what I did in Secret Garden and will be doing once King 2 Hearts ends. Like what you do, I also focus on her acting while watching her whether on her drama or movie. I always end up glued on the screen and left in awe because of her over the charts acting. I was quite sad for her role in King 2 Hearts because she has less screen time than the main lead. So less that the proportion for their screen time for the entire 18 episodes of the drama is like 5:13. That's some mathematical computation for me. Ha. Because of that proportion, I ended up loving Seung Gi. wub.gifwub.gif

I agree on your "it's side effects/memories/standard/quality will surely be forever in all the HEARTIE's hearts!" totally! It's side effect on me, which is loving Seung Gi will last forever. I will ship this couple forever. Well, about that, I'm not sure. I'm always turning my head once a hotter co-star of Ji Won appears. 

I watched Sector 7's screening in our Country, the Philippines. I'm waiting for Korea's screening too! I will just watch online first then watch it in the theaters soon after its premiere.

I almost forgot, have you watched her in Damo? She's so awesome in that too! I will try to watch her horror movies though it's a bit away from my comfort zone. Perhaps, do you have its download links or online viewing links? It will be very much appreciated.

You're a Filipino just like me! I haven't thought of that. *quoted image* I already watched her What Happened in Bali and Hwang Jin Yin and its f****** awesome! Sorry for the term but they're really that awesome.I ended up rewatching them like what I did in Secret Garden and will be doing once King 2 Hearts ends. Like what you do, I also focus on her acting while watching her whether on her drama or movie. I always end up glued on the screen and left in awe because of her over the charts acting. I was quite sad for her role in King 2 Hearts because she has less screen time than the main lead. So less that the proportion for their screen time for the entire 18 episodes of the drama is like 5:13. That's some mathematical computation for me. Ha. Because of that proportion, I ended up loving Seung Gi. *quoted image**quoted image*

I agree on your "it's side effects/memories/standard/quality will surely be forever in all the HEARTIE's hearts!" totally! It's side effect on me, which is loving Seung Gi will last forever. I will ship this couple forever. Well, about that, I'm not sure. I'm always turning my head once a hotter co-star of Ji Won appears. 

I watched Sector 7's screening in our Country, the Philippines. I'm waiting for Korea's screening too! I will just watch online first then watch it in the theaters soon after its premiere.

I almost forgot, have you watched her in Damo? She's so awesome in that too! I will try to watch her horror movies though it's a bit away from my comfort zone. Perhaps, do you have its download links or online viewing links? It will be very much appreciated.

WOW! Another Filipina I met along my way in  several threads! Were quite a huge number here on soompi.. Haha. 

I'll give you n A+ for that mathematical computation of jiwon's screening time.. Hate math so much! Haha. But I'm surprised that's how short her appearances were! I mean, com'on she extremely shined in those that it didn't even occurred to me that it was just a short period of time! That's her power on me. Oh God. Haha. Good thing you've already watched those two daebak dramas as we ll! Those were the turning point of my fangirling for HJW! As per every man being paired to him, none of them haven't been left out nor not been recognized as equally or nearly good as Jiwon in accordance to articles I've read. That's another strength of Jiwon, she brings out the best of her co-actor and that's seldom being seen on other couples. So I guess, it's inevitable for us not to ship her with a new man in her future dramas and movies! wink.gif

Can I say this, "Di ikaw na!" You are so lucky to have watched Sector 7 on big screen! GRR. Really envy you! I had just downloaded it   but I still don't have time to watch it due to my work sched so most probably, I'll watch it during my off.

I haven't seen Damo but I'll surely try in the near future! Thanks! Regarding the sites, I mostly watched them on mysoju and youtube. Those are the only sites I trust when it comes to their speedy buffing capability.. haha.

Hey, tomorrow is already KING's DAY! Ang bilis ng araw no?! Whoo-hoooo! sweatingbullets.gif

Guest epr67

Hello friends. Does anybody have update on the box office result of As One Korea ? Has it reached 2M tickets ? Hope it sustains its box office power. I love HJW.