♥ Ha Ji Won 하지원 ♥ 河智苑 ♥ ハジウォン♥ || Drama 2022: Curtain Call

strwbrry

@uxmod

Thanks for sharing with us those interviews! Whether they are old or recent, I can't get enough of watching her! And I love how she relies on her instinct to choose her role. I think that's what separates her from most other actresses. So far, her instincts have been dead on!

BTW, just FYI, those are not red potatoes but 고구마 which is a korean sweet potato. They have red skins and are yellow on the inside. And they are delicious roasted!!

@Aziraphale

HJW is definitely a fashionista! Thanks for those pics!

@shera_xxx

Thanks for the crocodilelady pics! I'm so glad they signed her up! She looks AMAZING!

@Chi Chi

DO you know if she still represents BangBang?

@ps3hl

Thanks for subbing those videos! I noticed in the house visit pt 1, I forgot to translate a few lines! Thanks for filling them in. I'll try to do part 2 tomorrow? It's been a busy weekend! Knowing that you are taking my translations puts the pressure on me to do a better job! haha! Thanks!

@gle_perry

It saddens me to read that article. We don't know the dynamics of their family but as her younger brother who is starting out in show-biz and having an older sister in the limelight right now...there must be some issues there for him and maybe he feels he cannot meet the high expectations that HJW has. Still, there is just no justification for this kind of behavior IMO. I hope everything will be okay.

@uxmod

The last article about the "party kiss" also saddens me when the reporter asked her if she felt any pressure or burden since HB is in a relationship doing kiss scenes. What kind of idiotic question is that? I mean it's called ACTING! How would anybody be able to do any kiss scenes or any drama where you have to fall in love with someone else other than your real love? But as usual, I was totally impressed with her answer! She has managed to be such a professional with this whole HB/SHG issue. Yes, secretly I am one of those that fantasized about her dating HB in real life but not at the expense of her causing a break

up or being the "other woman". She deserves way more than that!!

@7lotus @shera_xxx

Thanks for the wonderful news! Can't wait if it is true!!

Last but not least can anybody tell me why her fanclub is called 1023?

Have a great week everyone!! :)

Ha Ji Won Interview by Jo Yeong Gu [Eng]

DOWNLOAD: 001 | 002

Use HJsplit

WATCH: PART 1 | PART 2

Translations: uxmod

Hardsubbed: ps3hl

:D

-------

@kjkfan7 - haha. I'm basically struggling with Hanggul myself, yours and uxmod's translations are worth the wait so no need to rush. :) Thanks again!

hiya all,

would appreciate if anyone could translate the following clips?  I love Ha Ji Won's laughter!! I love everything about her!!

http://www.youtube.c...c&feature=feedf

credit: buruPAPAblog

http://www.youtube.c...A&feature=feedu

credit:  TheJiwonderland

I can translate them for you, I will post them up in the future! :)

@kjkfan7 Thanks for correcting me about the potato, I hope ps3hi got the error before hardsubbing it haha. And I agree with your thoughts on HJW's interview question, they probably waiting for HJW's mistake or something...

@ps3hi Thanks for your effort of hardsubbing, really appreciate it!

@All other 1023 Keep up the good work in this thread!

Thank you so much UXMOD for the sub.We are the lucky one ...thanks again !

@uxmod

Thanks for sharing with us those interviews! Whether they are old or recent, I can't get enough of watching her! And I love how she relies on her instinct to choose her role.  I think that's what separates her from most other actresses.  So far, her instincts have been dead on!

BTW, just FYI, those are not red potatoes but 고구마 which is a korean sweet potato. They have red skins and are yellow on the inside. And they are delicious roasted!!

@Aziraphale

HJW is definitely a fashionista! Thanks for those pics!

@shera_xxx

Thanks for the crocodilelady pics! I'm so glad they signed her up! She looks AMAZING!

@Chi Chi

DO you know if she still represents BangBang?

@ps3hl

Thanks for subbing those videos! I noticed in the house visit pt 1, I forgot to translate a few lines! Thanks for filling them in.  I'll try to do part 2 tomorrow?  It's been a busy weekend! Knowing that you are taking my translations puts the pressure on me to do a better job! haha! Thanks!

@gle_perry

It saddens me to read that article. We don't know the dynamics of their family but as her younger brother who is starting out in show-biz and having an older sister in the limelight right now...there must be some issues there for him and maybe he feels he cannot meet the high expectations that HJW has.  Still, there is just no justification for this kind of behavior IMO. I hope everything will be okay.

@uxmod

The last article about the "party kiss" also saddens me when the reporter asked her if she felt any pressure or burden since HB is in a relationship doing kiss scenes.  What kind of idiotic question is that?  I mean it's called ACTING!  How would anybody be able to do any kiss scenes or any drama where you have to fall in love with someone else other than your real love?  But as usual, I was totally impressed with her answer!  She has managed to be such a professional with this whole HB/SHG issue.  Yes, secretly I am one of those that fantasized about her dating HB in real life but not at the expense of her causing a break

up or being the "other woman".  She deserves way more than that!!

@7lotus @shera_xxx

Thanks for the wonderful news! Can't wait if it is true!!

Have a great week everyone!! :)

Let me re-clarify that again: She once mentioned before during her junior high school days, when she was asked to read English words, one of them was "LOVE" and she mistakenly thought and said it as "1023" After that, HJW made up the name "1023" for her fanclub. She said "1023" is like love, representing her fans as family members. SBS officially helped HJW made Oct 23rd as "Ha Ji Won Day" where she can hang out with her fans which are called 1023.

The last article about the "party kiss" also saddens me when the reporter asked her if she felt any pressure or burden since HB is in a relationship doing kiss scenes. What kind of idiotic question is that? I mean it's called ACTING! How would anybody be able to do any kiss scenes or any drama where you have to fall in love with someone else other than your real love? But as usual, I was totally impressed with her answer! She has managed to be such a professional with this whole HB/SHG issue. Yes, secretly I am one of those that fantasized about her dating HB in real life but not at the expense of her causing a break

up or being the "other woman". She deserves way more than that!!

Well, I think it's a valid question in the light of Secret Garden's success and the chemistry between Hyun Bin and Ha Ji-won that set tongues wagging about a possible relationship. After all, Hyun Bin has been very quiet on his relationship with SHK - some people think no news is good news, others are like "if you're in love, why don't you be public about it?" etc. And the only time I remember Hyun Bin having such chemistry with his leading lady was with Kim Sun-ah, so I think it's something people are curious about. As a professional, you want to do your job the best you can, but you're also in a relationship that has been subjected to public glare precisely because it's so low-key, and then here comes another person with whom you have so much (screen) chemistry...

Sometimes when something is in your face, like Hyun Bin's relationship, it can be a distraction no matter how professional you want to be. Also, many co-stars have fallen in love when they couldn't separate their real feelings from their reel ones. Not to say they weren't professional while doing their jobs, but just that things can happen.

Ha Ji-won, being the professional and discreet person that she is, naturally gave a diplomatic answer because anything else would just set the netizens off unnecessarily.

uxmod: thanks for always sharing Ha Ji-won interviews! She really comes across as such a sweet and lovable person.

Edit: Ah seriously, people. Stop being so sensitive, for heaven's sake. I'm really annoyed that even in a peaceful thread like Ha Ji-won's, I'm not allowed to write what I think without some people getting their knickers in a twist. I am in no way implying that Ha Ji-won wasn't professional or that she and Hyun Bin had something going on or that she was a third party or whatever! For heaven's sake, whoever gave me the minuses, I'm not so upset at that as the fact that I know they occurred because I mentioned something about Hyun Bin's relationship with SHK and some people interpret that negatively. You know what, people? No matter what netizens say, if a relationship is strong, it lives on. If it's not strong to begin with, then it'll just end, and it's not your role nor mine to be a spokesperson for it.

Anyway whatever. I'm done with this thread.

This news from allkpop was just in! Ha Ji Won's next possible drama, it's going to be a big one too.

Jang Dong Gun, Ha Ji Won, and Kim Jaejoong may come together for new drama

alba02201101301945060.jpg

Jang Dong Gun, Ha Ji Won and JYJ’s Kim Jaejoong will most likely unite to star in an upcoming drama called “Peninsula.”

This drama is going to be a big production; it is already reported to  have a budget of 10,000,000,000 WON, which equates to nearly $9 million  dollars. The drama will feature a united Korea (no separation between  South and North), the united nation’s president, and his National  Intelligence Director.

The president’s role is most likely going to go to Jang Dong Gun and Ha Ji Wonmag-glass_10x10.gif is slated to be the female lead. Jaejoong is supposed to be play the Director.

Jang Dong Gunmag-glass_10x10.gif  has revealed recently that he is interested in starring in this drama.  Additionally, Ha Ji Won has expressed that she would like to join this  production as soon as filming for her new movie ends.

One reps for the drama said, “Jang Dong Gun, Ha Ji Won, and Jaejoong are all 90% confirmed.”

The filming will begin in June and July and it will start airing in October.

Source: Sports Korea

We all know anything that HJW is in is going to make the whole thing more emotional and enjoyable! Haha. I don't really care about Jaejoong... The writer who is by the name of Yoon Seon Ju, will be writing this drama plot, she wrote one of HJW's hit drama in the past, which was "Hwang Jin Yi". Prepare for some good stuff to happen this year. :)

EDIT: Okay, second thought, even though HJW is probably taking a break anytime soon, then start filming for "Korea" I still think she should just get another big break, she just work way too damn much! And I kind of feel itchy about this whole Jaejoong working with "big actors" 1st, I hope Jaejoong won't pull HJW down. 2nd, I hope the plot for this one wouldn't be like Athena pulling HJW down. (Look at how much that drama is failing right now)

uxmod: thanks for always sharing Ha Ji-won interviews! She really comes across as such a sweet and lovable person.

Hey no problem man, glad you like them. I read your post, I totally understand your thoughts. There are inevitable things like this bound to pop up on to the surface, but it's how "you" are going to treat it, rather to pop it, rub it or ignore it. HJW did the best she can to go neutral about it. She is a professional, and could be an unique one at that, out of all other professionals.

EDIT: Sorry if people minus you, I got that before in Secret Garden thread because I was too HJW's biased. There are a lot of people in this forum who think differently, hope you understand. Always bound to have people doing the opposite than you. I would plus you for your voice of opinion, but I have no more to give today! :( I hope this wouldn't affect you from coming to this thread.

Aziraphale

I don't understand why you got the minuses while you've never said anything bad to begin with. Argh...:(

please cheer up!

2dhbqjd.jpg

guys..let's be nice here, please.

I know there's been some heated discussions about this "somewhere" else on soompi, can we at least keep HJW's thread a civil and friendly place to just hang out? I like this thread and hang out here more often because people here are chill. This kind of unnecessary hostility drives people away...I don't want this to happen =_=

uxmod

You know...I used to think that 1023 stands for HJW's birthday until I read your explanation....! Thanks for the trivia. :)

nchwk9.jpg

pix cr: HJW @ baidu

Guest lovehbhjw

@Aziraphale

I understand your frustration in your post... I have PLUS you back and hopefully more will do so to get you down to at least zero.

I actually do not like this "plus' and "minus" system as there are immature people who abuse it.  I don't think those who did that are true fans of Se-Ga so please do come back here.   The true blue Se-gardeners here are truly sincere and amiable.   And I like to read your posts... COME BACK HERE!!!:)  

Edit to add:  Hey your post has gone from '-2' to '+14' now..   Hail to the great Se-gardeners!  :wub:   Hope you are delirious now knowing that there exist fantastic fans here... B)

Guest Honey_KizZ

i'm a new ha ji won fan all thanks to sg.

plus from her interviews she sounds like a pretty sweet person.

EDIT: Okay, second thought, even though HJW is probably taking a break anytime soon, then start filming for "Korea" I still think she should just get another big break, she just work way too damn much! And I kind of feel itchy about this whole Jaejoong working with "big actors" 1st, I hope Jaejoong won't pull HJW down. 2nd, I hope the plot for this one wouldn't be like Athena pulling HJW down. (Look at how much that drama is failing right now)

you shouldnt have to worry about jaejoong much he already acted in a japanese drama as a supporting character and also a movie. of course he's a newbie, but his acting is decent. besides, rumor is that the production team offered him the role. :)

i'm really excited for the new drama and hope that the cast turns out to be real and not just a rumor.

also the Jang Dong Gun/Ha Ji Won pair would be hot!

Anytime. I was glad I was able to help out. :lol:

@shera_xxx thanks for this article. ...Has it been confirm by HJW I wondered. A new drama with Jang, Dong Gun.  hummmmm I much prefer her with Won Bin or Rain....... :huh:

Or ko soo maybe, if the story line is good. She is so hot everyone wants to work with her n share abit of her luck!I love her Pray that she find love soon. She is working too hard already.

Guest falling_star_142

wow new drama at the end this year ? :blink:

and i thought i would have to wait at least till 2012 to watch another drama of her :tears:

anyway, i'm not so sure about Ha Ji Won-JDG-JJ team sweatingbullets.gif i love JDG i do :wub: it just i can't image Ji Won and him together sweatingbullets.gif but since i love them both and both of them are such excellent actor-actress i hope they can surprise me ;)

have uncomfortable feeling about JJ though :vicx: even though i like him as a singer but as an actor... not so much, i have watched his japanese drama (since i love the female and male lead) and his acting has not convinced me, well hopefully he will surprise me

also, look at Athena, I'm kinda worried, but i trust Ji Won's way of choosing projects :wub: didn't she reject Athena offer even though she love action role and drama?

anyway, silly me, why am i worried to much lol, i'll just wait till everything is confirmed, now i just hope she could rest well, she's working too much >.<, and even though it's hard for me to let her go :tears: , she needs to find a boyfriend!!!

thank you guys so much for all the links, pictures, articles, sub, etc. i appreciate very much

Guest 4everlove

Omg!!! thank so much guys for posting all these news about unnie. I thought it's going to be century until I can she her in a new drama. so excited that she will film another one this year.... :w00t:

Or ko soo maybe, if the story line is good. She is so hot everyone wants to work with her n share abit of her luck!I love her Pray that she find love soon. She is working too hard already.

I totally agree with you guys. JDG has a wife. It's not so romantic anymore to pair up with a guy who has a wife :))

So, it's better to pair up HJW with Won Bin or Goo Soo lol

I totally agree with you guys. JDG has a wife. It's not so romantic anymore to pair up with a guy who has a wife :))

So, it's better to pair up HJW with Won Bin or Goo Soo lol

Futhermore, they're super friends so it will be really awkward to kiss him, right ?

I don't know why but I like Ha Ji Won-Go Soo pairing [i'm sure he was totally happy to give her the best actress award at 2009 Blue Dragon Awards =)] I could "forget" her with Hyun Bin if it's Go Soo... maybe Won Bin but it's so exceptional to see him on TV [& I absolutely don't see him as a president...] *

By the way, I didn't expect her to choose a new drama-project this year... if the rumor is true, I'm totally waiting for it*

Oh ! & thanks for all the interviews' translation, photos & news. You feed my curiosity about our Ha Ji Won really well**

Guest lovehbhjw

Come to think of it, it is better for HJW to pair up with single guys for her next drama since she is such an awesome drama queen and the Se-Ga experience is still fresh in everyone's mind.   Also romancing with singles in drama also gives herself more opportunities though we know she is highly professional. :P    Now it seems that finding a boyfriend for her is one big project in every HJW's fan's mind.. :lol:    It takes an amazing man to know this amazing woman.

Guest babysweet

I dunno if HJW is gonna be acting in "Korean Peninsula" with JDG or not....Is TRUE that it become less anticipated for HJW-JDG coupling since we know JDG is already married. BUT i think it's okay cause "Korean Peninsula" is not a love/fantasy drama, so i believe the loveline with JDG won't be too much. In fact, I think it will be more on showcasing the TWO TOP ACTRESS/ACTOR's acting skills in the drama.....

If HJW ever do another romantic/love/fantasy drama again, of course i wish it will be with a single actor like WON BIN is a good choice & pairing :wub: Or otherwise, we can wait for Hyun Bin to come back from his service again & re-create another SE-GA fever..... :D

Guest shera_xxx

[Exclusive] Jang Dong-gun, Ha Ji-won, Hero get together in "10 Billion drama"

9h73nq.jpg

Starwars" expected, unification background..."Hanbando - Drama".

Jang Dong-gun, Ha Ji-won and Hero are to work together.

The drama about union of the Korean Peninsular "Hanbando - Drama" will be their stage.

The main cast for this drama which is going to cost more than 10 billion won are (~US$90 Millions); the first president of a unified Korea, his love and rival and the National Intelligence Service Officer who makes the first president. There is a last minute debate for Jang Dong-gun as the first president and Ha Ji-won as the opposite role. JYJ member Hero is expected to be the National Intelligence Officer.

2j1tph1.jpg

These people will appear as proud Koreans who overcome the enmity cause by those powers who overlook the Korean resources in the background of a unified Korea. If these three leads are cast, the dream cast will become reality.

Jang Dong-gun is currently going through painstaking thoughts with this drama. He is seemed to have conveyed his wish to be a part of it as much as it's a big one and good role, as long as the details fit well. Ha Ji-won as well, has conveyed her cast as son as her shoot for the movie "Sector 7" finishes. Rumors have it that since it's Hero's first national drama he is putting in much effort despite the acting he's shown in Korean-Japanese movie "Postman to Heaven" and Japanese drama "Not Being Honest".

"Hanbando - Drama" is a masterpiece with fancy CG graphics and war scenes with production fees invested in astronomical features. Apparently top stars are sounding out to the productions in order to be cast in this drama. The productions are also examining other possibilities with Jang Dong-gun, Ha Ji-won and Hero aside. The production for "Hanbando - Drama" is Lemonrain, who are well known for the cinematic quality and success of drama "Sungkyunkwan Scandal" They have been working on this drama for the past three years and vowed to make a drama that will last for years in Korean history.

2e0n66o.jpg

A spokesperson said, "Jang Dong-gun, Ha Ji-won and Hero all have confirmed 90% they are in and it's such a tightly planned out project that we are getting love calls from many channels".

"Hanbando - Drama" will start shooting around June or July and will broadcast around October.

http://news.nate.com/view/20110131n02184

Han Cinema

Ha Ji-won's brother 'Assault charge' Jeon Tae-soo "No excuses. Bitterly self-reflect" official apology

[Entertainment team] Jeon Tae-soo (27) who was charged for assault after drinking, said an official apology.

Through a media, Jeon Tae-soo showed deep regret in his actions and said he didn't wish to try and explain himself as it was an act out of drunkenness and that he was bitterly regretting what he did.

He continued his apologies to the taxi driver, the police and those who have supported him since his debut.

Lastly, Jeon Tae-soo said he had realized once again what responsibility and sincerity was and made a resolution to live a more mature and sincere life.

Jeon Tae-soo was booked without physical restraint after he assaulted a taxi driver and the two policemen that came to resist him in Seoul on the 29th.

Jeon Tae-soo is Ha Ji-won's brother.

http://news.nate.com/view/20110131n02922?mid=e0101