♥ Ha Ji Won 하지원 ♥ 河智苑 ♥ ハジウォン♥ || Drama 2022: Curtain Call

strwbrry

Guest happy go lucky

Family Outing ep 68 & 69

http://family-outing-episode.blogspot.com/2010/01/family-outing-episode-68.html

http://family-outing-episode.blogspot.com/

Thanks for these links, you can also see the family outing eps here both raw and with a softsub available as well: http://media.loveazia.com/family-outing/

As above, the eps with Wonnie are 68 and 69.

After a little while I might gather up all the links to all the different appearances and compile them into a time line that we can edit into the first post maybe~

Guest purpleZ

Thanks shera_xxx for the Family Outing links. I tried to look on Youtube, but couldn't find it anymore.

If you guys could help compiling the links to her variety shows and post them here will be awesome. I will include them on the first post.

I had to post these here too. My "investigation" on HJW-HB during the SBS Drama Awards show.

HJW-HB winning the Best Couple award. I couldn't help but noticing that Binnie kept looking at HJW for a couple of seconds (in the pics of second row). What do you guys think?

sbs2010bestcouple.jpg

HJW, HB winning the Top 10 award. When asked about the kiss scenes, HB smiled at her answers :)

sbs2010hjwhbtop10.jpg

HJB, HB winning the Netizen award.

sbs2010hjwhbnetizen.jpg

HJW presenting the Best Drama award. Mr. Lee of SBS said to her that he's a fan of hers and said he's curious about KJW and GRI's love story development. HJW said that they're still filming and that she's also curious and ask audience to tune in to SG tonight to find out. That triggered Binnie's laugh. And it's hilarious too to hear Mr. Lee do the same as HJW promoting SG (well, it IS his job). That made HJW and Binnie laugh out loud. Cute :)

sbs2010hjwpresenting.jpg

Binnie winning the Top Excellence award, Male. It's so supportive of HJW to stand up and give him a hug. She looked very proud of him. It made me squee to hear him thanking HJW Gil Ra Im. :wub:

sbs2010hbbestactor.jpg

But when HJW won the female category, he didn't do the same (or is it rather JW didn't walk to his direction?). He looked seriously at JW when she did her speech. And I'm disappointed that the camera didn't turn to Binnie to see his reaction after HJW thanked him.

sbs2010hjwbestactress.jpg

Guest shera_xxx

@Purplez

I like Hyun Bin-Ha Ji Won pairing.They are a cute couple,but I think Ha Ji Won is the type of artist who can always build a incredible chemistry with her co-star.

Another reality show from Ha Ji Won (sorry I dont know the name)

Ha Ji-won finishes Secret Garden and goes on to Korea

Seoul, Korea - After hitting two consecutive homeruns in the movie Haeundae and the drama series Secret Garden, actress Ha Ji-won is now trying a new role as a table tennis player.

According to an announcement by her agency on the 27th,

Ha Ji-won has decided to star in the upcoming movie Korea.

This movie can be seen as the table tennis version of the heart-rending sports drama movie Forever the Moment, and it will be based on the first victory of the united North-Korea team in the 1991 World Table Tennis Championships held in Chiba City.

Ha Ji-won's agency disclosed that she will immediately receive table tennis training since she was not able to while starring in Secret Garden.

It was also disclosed that the screenplay was written after a series of interviews with the women's table tennis team coach, Hyun Jung-Hwa.

Ha Ji-won's agency added that they decided to feature her in this movie because they thought that this true story would move people's hearts at a time when North and South relationships are deteriorating.

By Hyun Whayoung (young@jtn.co.kr)

Source: JTN (Original article in Korean)

Photo from JTN DB

Translated by Sung Kyu Chang / Korea.com

SG Pic

fa9zyf.jpg

2cz4hmx.jpg

709n6g.jpg

3305o21.jpg

2uqnk9h.jpg

120o41h.jpg

z24w8.jpg

2yltc77.jpg

141qdmb.jpg

1emijo.jpg

jb3bps.jpg

credit as tagged

OST Love So Divine (with Kwon Sang Woo)

Family Outing ep 68 & 69

http://family-outing-episode.blogspot.com/2010/01/family-outing-episode-68.html

http://family-outing-episode.blogspot.com/

Love Letter season 1

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3c83z_loveletter-season-1-part-1-ha-jiwon_people

I uploaded the Love Letter file to MU (each part is zipped files of RAW and srt file).

I think this was the start of her dating Eric rumor at that time.

Although TBH, I really didn't see much chemistry between them, but people just seemed desperate to create any rumor about her :)

Love Letter HJW Part 2 (2004-12-11)

Love Letter HJW Part 1 (2004-12-04)

anyways, please don't take the link outside this comm, since the srt file is not mine.

as for the hot issue of her and HB's speeches, I really think it's just courtesy to thank your co-star(s). she did the same with Kim Myung Min in last year Blue Dragon Award.. no one commenting about that... *hmmmm*

Guest purpleZ

@Purplez

I like Hyun Bin-Ha Ji Won pairing.They are a cute couple,but I think Ha Ji Won is the type of artist who can always build a incredible chemistry with her co-star.

Ha Ji-won finishes Secret Garden and goes on to Korea

Thanks for the links and news! Does it mean that HJW really finished shooting SG already?? :( HB and Yoon Sang Hyun are still going to shoot the last episode scene on the 15th of January during the SG OST concert.

@tetsi: Thanks for the download links for Love Letter. I watched that one also. It's cute. I kinda liked her with Eric too. He was so shy around her ;)

I don't take HB's speech so much as him liking HJW really (or something like that). It's common for actors to thank their co-actors. It's just cute because it happened to be HB to HJW and the other way around. I'm into SG couple so much :)

Thanks for the links and news! Does it mean that HJW really finished shooting SG already?? :( HB and Yoon Sang Hyun are still going to shoot the last episode scene on the 15th of January during the SG OST concert.

@tetsi: Thanks for the download links for Love Letter. I watched that one also. It's cute. I kinda liked her with Eric too. He was so shy around her ;)

I don't take HB's speech so much as him liking HJW really (or something like that). It's common for actors to thank their co-actors. It's just cute because it happened to be HB to HJW and the other way around. I'm into SG couple so much :)

Haha.. yeah, me too. RaIm-JooWon is my #1 OTP at the mo.

I'd love to see her having a showdown with WonBin and GoSoo, though ~ anyone with me on this???

Until then, I'll reserve my HJW preffered OTP, LOL.

Haha.. yeah, me too. RaIm-JooWon is my #1 OTP at the mo.

I'd love to see her having a showdown with WonBin and GoSoo, though ~ anyone with me on this???

tetsi, are you kidding me? i've been wishing for either Won Bin or Ko Soo for HJW for the longest time...my 2 loves and my girl crush. though i was partial towards Ko Soo oppa because he said that HJW is his ideal woman. :)

however, i'm also really really in love with Binnie and HJW that i can't imagine anyone else paired with her at the moment. the way he looks at her so intensely, both in the drama and the BTS pics gives me butterflies in my stomach. yesss, I'm ashamed to admit it, but sometimes i couldn't help but imagine what would have happened if Binnie was/is not taken. i know, i'm bitten by the Secret Garden magic. their chemistry is just crackling. :wub:

Guest chibambi

Thanks happy go lucky and purple Z! of course the color khaki is no longer available:( maybe because they've seen cool HJW in them B) i'll settle with the black or gray color. Korean fashion is sooo cooool! Again my big thanks :D

Yup, she also wore them in episode 9, the hug scene with Joo Won in the rain.

I think these are what you're looking for. Those have been popular for the last 2 years I think.

Redopin Shoes.

or

Holly Shoes

@happy go lucky: That's me calling her that. I just thought of it, sounded cute. Like calling Hyun Bin Binnie, Ji Won Wonnie. Lol.

I've ben HJW's fan since I saw her in What Happened in Bali. Since then I've watched almost all her shows. She's honest and nice. She laughs easily, at almost everything and often slow in reacting to something ;) I watched many of her older clips in talk shows, interviews everything. For those who also do, will know what I mean.

Thanks for the link ;) happy go lucky and purple Z,

Guest bashful

@bashful 

nice to know u gotta like her now actually  i started to love her when i watched her in WHat happened in baali,and then i searched  all of her movies and drama and whoa she's so great especially in DAMO. now SG is about  to give it a try to watch her other movies and drama you will really fall for her.

My first korean drama just to share to you, is Autumn in my heart with SSH and SHK but it changed because of HAjiwon.i got caught with the magical charisma of Jiwon,and to tell you most of her movies do well in the box office you watch Sex is Zero you will see another side of Jiwon shes so hot there.and most of her tv drama are popular internationally.have a great hajiwon time bashful hope to hear from you again thanks

@ niknokdagu425

I actually started like HJW after the movie 100 Days with Mr. Arrogant. I then watched all of her drama except the older ones which I can't find for direct dl. I am definitely going to dl Sex is Zero this week and see it. Autumn In My heart was not so bad neither but i did not like the cast in here.... not much chemistry, however I thought the ending was sad when SSH did that for SHK. Yes do watch SG you will fall in love with it..... I will definitely stay active in her forum. Come and chat in SG forum too.. it so active and you will get a great laugh at what they said. But let me warn you first they have a lot of spoilers for SG posted. Just don't want to ruin SG drama for you. :D will talk to you again

SG forum

@ purpleZ, shera_xxx, happy go lucky, and tetsi thank you for the links :D

Does anyone think it will be possible to find a direct dl link for HJW older dramas? I have tried looking for it but have not succeed. lol

Secret (MBC, 2000) starring Ryu Shi Won and Kim Ha Neul

Life is Beautiful (KBS2, 2001) starring Kim Rae Won

Days in the Sun (KBS2, 2002) starring Ji Sung

Most likely not right because these drama are too old. blush.gif

Thank You all again for the pics and links.

@yeisha yea HJW and HB does have very good chemistry in SG. I love the way they stare at each other. so sweet and intense. lol

Guest apple_red

i am confuse why people made it big about HB thanking to HJW and visa versa..it's pretty common. you MUST thank your costar for making the same drama together...you cant shine in the drama alone. and in SG both are shining in the same star...both are acting their best.

maybe people misunderstand it  because HB didnt thank to his gf which i pretty much understand. maybe he didnt want his personal life take over from the drama's and the event (SBS awards).

Haha.. yeah, me too.  RaIm-JooWon is my #1 OTP at the mo.

iam with you...lol...

I also root for Go soo because he openly said to admire HJW (it's funny because most actor avoid to mentioned a famous name at the same age because it can lead that the person is really has a big crush on her / him). And Won bin is the most hotties hunk now..so i love him too...

Guest sintame

Why is that couple up there looked mesmerizingly beautiful?

I've ben HJW's fan since I saw her in What Happened in Bali. Since then I've watched almost all her shows. She's honest and nice. She laughs easily, at almost everything and often slow in reacting to something ;) I watched many of her older clips in talk shows, interviews everything. For those who also do, will know what I mean.

I know exactly what you mean purpleZ, and by the way thanks for starting this thread. At least I could go back on Ha Ji Won marathon when SG ends. I wasn’t too fond of her character in Bali (not to mention the ending), but her acting was amazing.

I usually like the leading ladies in most Korean dramas. There’s no doubt, they’re all beautiful. But when they take off their makeup and step out of their character, I find some of them boring and only as good as their role in a drama.

But there’s something about Ha Ji Won that I can’t seem to find the right words. My fascination with her started when I saw her on Rain’s video. She was really gorgeous on that video. From there, I stop and take a a moment to watch and listen every time I hear Ha Ji Won’s name, even though I don’t understand what it’s all about. Just a glance at her is enough to make me smile. I find her very simple and yet very attractive. How can this woman be so captivatingly beautiful? She’s got so much charm. I can understand why she has projects all the time. She’s not afraid on how she would look like in the screen. Whatever character she plays, she can definitely pull it off. She’s one of the few actresses who have it, in short a COMPLETE package. Producers are not afraid to gamble on her, because they get their money’s worth, a sure return on investment.

Before SG, I saw an interview of her, where she mentioned that she’s never been in love and never been in any serious relationship. I believe this is why her team up with Hyun Bin caused a commotion. Ha Ji Won is a famous actress and very private when it comes to matters of the heart. When she works, she’s focused on her acting. She doesn’t allow herself to get distracted with gossips or stupid write-ups. What I like most is that, she doesn’t lead her leading men on. She’s plain neutral with all of them. A lot of actors would like to work with Ha Ji Won. Even a lot of singers would like to feature her on their videos. But she’s so busy that it’s hard to get her. Though I respect her private life, as a fan like bashful, I am curious to know about her love life too. And I believe there are many people (not just fans) who are curious even with the slightest news. And because her chemistry with Hyun Bin is so darn beautiful, I am not surprise why she was asked stupid questions. Perhaps, if it was me, and I was to interview Ha Ji Won, I would probably ask her more silly questions. Because she makes me smile, and whatever words come out of her mouth makes me happy. This is the effect that makes her so endearing. :wub:

It’s kind a sad to know that she already wrapped up SG. I mean why?!!!!!! :( So fast! So soon! no more eye to eye with HB then. I really like her team up with Hyun Bin. Part of me wants them to be a real couple. But the other part of me doesn’t want Ha Ji Won to fall in love with him, not in this time-life. Maybe another time, when things fall into place. I guess I have to learn how to rest my hopes on my hopeless romantic couple now.

I wish Ha Ji Won continued success and happiness always. :)

^it's a wonder that HJW, having been in the industry for so long, hasn't had any serious scandal. Sure there have been rumors of her dating Go Soo and Jo In Sung, but I think that's because she's so good with developing chemistry with fellow actors.

I've been a fan since Damo but I have never watched Bali. I wonder if I should, haha...

so glad that SG is a hit both in Korea and internationally. :wub: I've been waiting for her to comeback to TV drama...thinking that whatever project she'd chosen I'd follow loyally. It just feels all that much better, as a fan, knowing that HJW is getting the attention and recognition she deserves :wub:

i saw ha ji won for a long time ago but didn't really pay attention eventhough a lot celeb chose her as ideal girl.. to me i still didn't think much about it..

up until i watched 1 st episode of secret garden.. wow this girl can really act...

she's such a cool person.. and when i watched the bts she's all smile and humble and just really friendly person..

ha ji won has those charm that when you're start to get to know her more and more you'll start to think wow, this girl is such a cool person but warm and has such a kind heart

instead of saying sorry all the time to ppl like gil ra-im charecters.. ha ji won always say thank you to her co-worker and her fans...~

how can you not like her..?

she's serious about her job, passion about acting ,warm people around her...

that's why in the back of my mind.. i always have a secret thought that hyun bin might fall for ha ji won just like me..

<<>>

Guest happy go lucky

Hey guys,

This is nothing official yet, but I want to talk to a friend of mine who has done something similar to this before and try and set something up - we can also team up with the regulars in the SG thread.

Would anyone be interested in purchasing a gift for the SG cast? I guess we can focus on something for Wonnie and we can see if people in the SG thread are interested in buying stuff for the others too. I guess we could all chip in some money and try come up with something nice and hopefully find a way to get it to them.

Like I said this is nothing official yet, just wondering if people would be interested at all. I need to have a talk with my friend first to see how she did it last time to see if it would even be possible.

It doesn't need to be something expensive, we can even send a card around the world and all sign it or something haha. Open for ideas!

@bashful, i was only able to find Chinese translation of the complete press con. No luck with finding English sub unfortunately.

Hi, I've translated the bulk of it:

- the beginning is rather boring, the emcee introduces the director, scriptwriter etc of Secret Garden, and then the cast: Hyun Bin, Ha Ji-won, Philip Lee and Yoon Sang Hyun. The emcee asks the audience to imagine having a space to store secrets - what kind of secrets would they store in there? Emcee also asks the question when Secret Garden would air its first broadcast - the answer is needed for a lucky draw for the netizens to participate in. That leads to the preview, which begins with the scene where Hyun Bin's Kim Joo-won is looking for the actress Park Chae-rin, and ends up mistaking Ha Ji-won's Gil Ra-im for Chae-rin:

Joo-won: Excuse me, which one is Park Chae-rin?

Crew member: Over there.

Joo-won: Ah, thank you. (walks over to Ra-im) Choi Woo-young... no, it's Oska. You know him, right?

Ra-im: Oska?

Joo-won: Don't know him?

Ra-im: So what if I know him?

Joo-won: Let's go, Oska wants to see you.

Ra-im: Me?

(montage of scenes introducing the characters and actors)

At the hotel lobby:

Joo-won: You go up first.

Ra-im: Why?

Joo-won: I... (looks uncomfortably at elevator) that is, I'm the sort who can't be seen riding an elevator to a hotel room with a woman. If we meet again in the future, you'd think "Omo, why did I just anyhow go to a hotel room with a guy like him?" I'm the kind of person who'll make you think this way.

(smirks from the crowd at the elevator, as Joo-won thinks they're looking at his tracksuit)

Joo-won: Ahh, this tracksuit? Aiya, actually I didn't want to do this... (unzips tracksuit to show off label) Can you see it? Know what it is? (crowd walks into elevator) This logo is... (realises his audience is gone, as Ra-im gives him a disgusted look and the elevator doors shut. Joo-won's disappointed and zips up his tracksuit)

At fancy glass house:

Oska: How can you expect me to shoot the MV in this kind of place? You know the concert tickets are all sold out, it's enough that I'm the star.

Manager: That's the problem. There's not one director willing to work with you on this MV, not one, get it?

Oska: No director? Why?

Manager: Why? Ask your own conscience, have a good think about it, you jerk.

Oska: I asked my conscience, what about it?

Manager: Did you discover where the problem lies?

Oska: Yes, my chest is a bit... saggy.

Manager: A Hallyu star like you, in the entertainment industry who doesn't know what you're like? In front of the director, you flung the script on the floor in a moment of anger. The press went to town with this, did you know?

Oska: Wah, I'm going crazy. When did I fling that script? It was the synopsis...

Manager: Fine, next time throw the script on the floor as well.

Oska: Where are you going?

Manager: Off to find an MV director, in case you start crying about wanting to be one yourself.

Oska: Why'd I want to be one for? (thinks) It's not bad, why don't you let me be the director for once?

Seul meets with the manager:

Seul: (hands over a file) This MV, let me do it. (montage of scenes of Seul's past with Oska) I'm not here to stir Woo-young oppa's emotions. Playing with fire is only a game. I don't want to just be the first love in Woo-young oppa's heart. We'll be family soon.

Oska's concert, segues into scenes of Joo-won and Ra-im:

Joo-won: You're a stuntwoman?

Ra-im: Yes, what about it?

Joo-won: Are you sick in the head? Why must you do physical work?

(Joo-won inspects Ra-im's injury):

Joo-won: Let me see...

Ra-im: What are you doing?

Joo-won: You're burning up!

(Joo-won walking in sync with imaginary Ra-im):

Joo-won: Why am I always thinking about her?

(Ra-im takes Joo-won to task about harassing her at the action school):

Ra-im: What's the point of coming to my company to embarrass me?

Joo-won: Hey, how can a woman be letting such dirty words out of her mouth? How did I embarrass you? I came all the way to your company, you should have been gentler and asked "How did you come?" Isn't that good? Also, you don't seem to understand me too well. You can't raise your voice at me, understand?

Ra-im: What rubbish are you saying? Hurry up and state your purpose here.

Joo-won: Didn't I just say it? I came here because of you.

Ra-im: So now I'm asking what it is about me that you're here for.

Joo-won: I told you you'd treat me like a lunatic. I'm here today to ask you for the medical fees, to settle the matter once and for all.

Ra-im: What?

Joo-won: Didn't you get a few stitches? I footed that medical bill, okay?

Ra-im: How much? I"m asking you how much.

Joo-won: When you have no stunt scenes, are you always here? I can see you if I come here?

Ra-im: Do you think I'd stay here and let you find me? Hurry up and tell me how much, don't you want money?

Joo-won: Why do you look so adorable even when you're angry?

Ra-im flips Joo-won over, Joo-won winces in pain:

Ra-im: Don't think this is the end, it's just the beginning.

(Joo-won flips her over and is now on top)

Ra-im: Get off.

Joo-won: If I get off, are you going to smash me to the floor? What's wrong with asking for your parents' names?

Ra-im: What use is that to you? You'd better listen when I speak, get off me now. I won't let you off.

Joo-won: Look at you talk. Think I can't overcome a woman? And there's something I want to tell you, now is the time, so listen good. This tracksuit is really expensive.

Ra-im: You shameless brat.

Ra-im repays Joo-won the medical fees:

Ra-im: Here's all my money, 20000 won for the medical bill, 20000 won for the food. I know you spend more than this when treating, but I haven't taken a bite, so let's settle it this way. From now on, we have nothing to do with each other.

Joo-won: Don't you think you're going too far? What I want is for you not to say "sorry" again.

Ra-im: What's wrong with "sorry"? It's no problem for me to say it another 100 times. I can feel grateful and say "sorry" the whole day. I earn a living that way. But from now on, thanks to you, people will point to me and say Gil Ra-im has a powerful backer. The problems that can be resolved by saying sorry 100 times, how long can I still do that? To me, what I need now is not a departmental store owner, nor a childish, ignorant kid. Last warning, don't appear in front of me again.

Joo-won (thinks to himself): This is the first time in my life that I've met a woman I can't control.

Seul with Oska:

Seul: Oppa, I'd like to meet you again, we'll be family soon. Are you not prepared? Even though we didn't part officially, we didn't love that deeply either.

Oska: What?

Seul: That isn't love, is it? That's how I see it. (Oska walks off)

Joo-won + Ra-im montage scenes:

Joo-won: Let me hug you once.

Ra-im: Once you get that feeling, what do you do next?

Joo-won: I'll make your life better than what you're living now.

Ra-im: Won't I become Cinderella then?

Joo-won: No, like the Little Mermaid, living alone like her and then disappearing in front of me. That's my philosophy of life. (Ra-im slaps Joo-won).

Body swap:

Joo-wonda: Gil Ra-im!

Ra-Him: Did you drink too much water last night?

Joo-wonda: Don't tell me...

(Binnie wears a bra...)

With Jong-soo (NG):

Ra-Him: Gil Ra-im-sshi! How can you forget who I am? Gil Ra-im-sshi! (HJW bursts out laughing)

Ra-Him: I know what you mean, go over there and have a smoke

(Director says "Cut, sorry", and both actors burst out laughing)

Joo-wonda shaves Ra-Him:

Ra-Him: Really? Not doing this once every two days?

Joo-wonda: Two days? What two days?

Ra-Him sees Oska half naked and screams:

Joo-wonda voiceover: Who'd believe us when we say our souls were swapped?

Ra-Him, Oska, Joo-wonda:

Joo-wonda: Oppa, can I stay the night here?

Oska: Our Ra-im is very open, eh?

Joo-wonda: Yeah, don't you like me sleeping here? (Ra-Him is horrified)

Ra-Him and Joo-wonda on the bench:

Ra-Him: Let's fix a time and go have our fortunes told.

Joo-wonda: You're mad.

Ra-Him: Let's kiss then.

Joo-wonda: What?

Ra-Him: Isn't it like that in the fairytales?

Joo-wonda: Is it a simple peck or a fiery kiss?

Ra-Him: Close your eyes first. (Joo-wonda grabs Ra-Him for a kiss)

The emcee rambles about how exciting the preview is and introduces Kim Sarang, as the CF director Yoon Seul. Then he invites the cast, director and scriptwriter on stage. Emcee says Secret Garden has garnered attention not only in South Korea but the rest of Asia as well. He asks the cast and crew to do a "Hwaiting" cheer for the drama. Photo time for the individual cast members.

The director Shin Woo-chul then talks about the romantic comedy Secret Garden - guy and girl swap souls, resulting in various hijinks that are both sweet and hilarious. This topic has been dealt with before, so they spent more time trying to think of new ways of handling it. It is his first time watching the preview and he thinks it's quite fresh, and that how they've dealt with it is pretty good. They started filming from end September and everyone was very serious about the drama. He hopes people will watch the drama and support it.

Scriptwriter Kim Eun-sook says she's always very nervous during press conferences. She says she has worked very hard on every line of the dialogue for Secret Garden. Ratings had been falling until City Hall, so she had discussed with the director that they should really make this drama come good. She hopes this autumn and winter, watching the drama would get people to want to fall in love. She refers to the five actors next to her, saying that in a story about body swaps, good acting is important but what is more important is the accompanying dialogue. She feels that the effort the actors put in is more than twice that for they'd done in previous dramas, and there's the saying that the extra effort will translate to higher ratings. So she feels very blissful. It's also her first time watching the preview and she thinks it's very interesting, she will also watch every episode like the ordinary viewer.

Hyun Bin:

- Hello everyone, I'm Hyun Bin, playing the role of Kim Joo-won, owner of a departmental store in Secret Garden. Some reports said I was an unreasonable, cold-hearted man - that's exactly the personality of my character Kim Joo-won. Regarding the fun things that happened during filming... after exchanging souls with Gil Ra-im, who is standing next to me, and acting as the other person while filming, a lot of hilarious things happened. We would also burst out laughing during filming. I think the viewers will be able to derive a lot of joy from this. To be able to give the audience in this one hour endless laughter and a comfortable feeling, I'm very happy, gratified and am looking forward to it. In the drama, after our souls were swapped, we laughed a lot, but there were also a lot of difficulties. Just now at the back, I'd asked the scriptwriter to please give me back my body. Although it was hard work, I'm hoping that our efforts will reap rewards.

Ha Ji-won:

- Hello everyone, I'm Ha Ji-won, playing Gil Ra-im in Secret Garden. Perhaps it's because I haven't done a drama for a long time, so when I started filming I had some problems adjusting and felt it was difficult, but during filming I was able to work happily with the director, the production crew and the cast. Although there were parts where I could do better, I still felt happy. Prior to my role as a stuntwoman here, I'd never done a stuntwoman role before, so I wanted to take up the challenge and bring to life the blood and sweat of the stuntmen's work. This drama is about a guy and girl exchanging souls, that part captivated me the most. Although filming was difficult, I still feel the whole process was an enjoyable one. I hope everyone will enjoy Secret Garden. Thank you.

Kim Sarang:

- Hello everyone, I'm Kim Sarang, playing Yoon Seul in Secret Garden. My role in this drama is a rich lady - not quite a chaebol (1% of society) but at least 1.5%. She seems to have everything, but hasn't received the love of the guy she loves, and is in pain because of that. My appearance will result in many ridiculous but also interesting things happening. The scriptwriter also gave us plenty of brilliant, classic dialogue, and will present a brand new and fresh energy. I hope everyone will support and love this drama. Thank you.

Yoon Sang-hyun:

- Hello everyone, I'm Yoon Sang-hyun, playing the role of Hallyu star Oska in the drama. Oska is a playboy who doesn't reject the advances of women. I hope this drama will bring lots of joy to viewers. The filming process was also very enjoyable. I hope Secret Garden will bring blissful smiles to the families watching it. Thank you.

Philip Lee:

- Hello everyone, I'm Philip Lee, playing Im Jong-soo in the drama. Jong-soo runs an action school and is also Gil Ra-im's mentor. He also carries a torch for her. After the body swap, many amusing things will happen. In this drama I encountered very talented people in the director, scriptwriter and the cast, and I feel very honoured working with them. I will work even harder. Thank you.

More photo time... emcee asks Hyun Bin and Ha Ji-won to pose as though their characters were meeting for the first time, and then another pose after the body swap (the two are laughing), and then to link arms. Yoon Sang-hyun joins them, Ha Ji-won is asked to link arms with both men. Yoon Sang-hyun leaves and Philip Lee joins them, again Ha Ji-won is asked to link arms with Hyun Bin while Philp Lee looks at her, then Ha Ji-won links arms with both men, then looks at Hyun Bin. They leave, then first loves Yoon Sang-hyun and Kim Sarang come on stage. Then the whole cast and crew back on stage, where they do another "Hwaiting" cheer.

Yoon Sang-hyun and Kim Sarang come back on stage:

Yoon Sang-hyun: Hello everyone, I'm Yoon Sang-hyun, playing the role of Hallyu star Oska in the drama. When people hear of a Hallyu star named Oska, they'd think this person is very classy, but that's not it. In this drama, I will show a side of Hallyu stars unknown to others, in a hilarious manner. I have always wanted to do the role of a singer. The role that Ahn Jae-wook played in "Star in my heart" moved me a lot, and I always felt it'd be great if I could play that kind of role. I got to know that scriptwriter Kim Eun-sook was preparing such a drama and was fortunate to be recommended for the role of Oska, so I accepted it immediately. It will be very amusing and bring to viewers a different experience from last year's dramas. I hope everyone will love and support this drama. Thank you.

Kim Sarang: Hello everyone, I'm Kim Sarang, playing the role of Yoon Seul in the drama. My role in this drama is a rich lady - not quite a chaebol (1% of society) but at least 1.5%. She seems to have everything, but hasn't received the love of the guy she loves, and is in pain because of that. I will present that in a unique manner to viewers. Sometimes my appearance in the drama will make the viewers feel ridiculous, yet amused. I have also not appeared in a drama for a long time, and I'm looking forward to it. I'm also very gratified to have met such a good group to work with. Hope everyone will watch this drama. Thank you.

Q&A:

Q: What did you think was the deciding factor for the director and scriptwriter to pick you for the role of Oska? You mentioned Hallyu star, so singing is an important part of it. So among the various reasons, what was it you possessed that convinced the director and scriptwriter? What was the reason for your taking on this role?

YSH: Reason for taking this role? I mentioned it just now, the drama "Star in my Heart". The role of a singer is something I've always wanted to do.

Q: What does Kim Sarang-sshi think?

KSR: Actually I'd been recommended for rich-girl roles before, but this character was different from the previous ones, so after I read the script, I wanted to try tackling this role. So I also said that I wanted to try this role. Now that we're filming, I'm very happy.

Q: Yoon Sang-hyun-sshi also has the reputation of a Hallyu star in Japan, so what is the difference between you and Oska?

YSH: Well, I think the first thing that's different is that Oska is a singer for fun, he doesn't need it to earn money, but I do it to survive. Oska has a lot of women around him, but I don't. He's simple-minded, so sometimes while filming I'd think "how can one live like that?" Maybe this is only a drama so that's understandable. But how can a Hallyu star be like him? I don't think there's such a kind of Hallyu star. When I was doing activities in Japan, the difference compared to Oska doing activities in Japan is huge.

Q: Any amusing things happened during filming?

YSH: In my situation, in the drama I'm a singer who also dances, but I'm not that young anymore. Initially I thought it was a rock singer, so I happily told the director that's great. Then I realised it was a "dance" singer, so I learnt how to dance - there were scenes of me practising dancing. As I was a singer, they had scenes of me singing as well, so I asked whether I could take a break before continuing to film. But the director is someone with very high standards, so the first time I danced like that, my legs became wobbly, but the result turned out to be pretty good, so I was quite gratified.

KSR: As for me, it was something more embarrassing. While filming in Jeju, the wind was blowing too strongly - every time the strong wind blows, people and things would move with the wind, so that was quite amusing. Also, Yoon Seul used English in the drama, but that's not because she's good at it. As mentioned, she is part of the 1.5% and wants to become the 1% of society, so even if her English is not good, she is determined to use it. So during filming everyone was holding back their laughter. So that was quite amusing for the cast and crew.

Q: Both of you must have had a difficult time filming. How did you alleviate the stress and frustration?

YSH: I ate black pork in Jeju. The main food was fish, but no matter how much fish I eat I'd not put on weight. No special way to alleviate stress, as we had a lot of filming to do everyday, and we couldn't go to Jeju to drink and sing. So when I went to Jeju to film, I ate a lot.

KSR: It was the same for me. As most of my filming was done in the daytime, there was nothing to do at night and there was nowhere else to go in Jeju, so I stayed in my room to eat. But it seems I'm the only one who put on weight, the other cast members are still very slim. I ate a lot... turns out you did too.

YSH: Yeah, I did too.

Q: Do you all not eat together? You eat separately?

YSH: I didn't eat in the room, I was always busy filming.

Q: Your Oska role... did you model upon someone, for instance the singers these days?

YSH: When I knew this was a "dance" singer role, I began thinking of which singer I should model upon. There's probably only Park Jin-young, the moves were there and the age was about the same, so he became the idol I used to model upon. The idol groups these days, I can't keep up with their moves, so for one month, I used Park Jin-young-sshi as the practice target and practised when I had the time. And exercising my abdominal muscles was tough as I love to eat, but I could only eat stuff like bananas and almonds, so I lost weight like that. So what everyone saw in the preview was the muscles that I had painstakingly exercised to achieve, that is the muscles I showed off during dancing. Now I think it's all worth it, the diet and exercise.

Q: Kim Sarang-sshi, I'd like to ask you a question. You're a CF star and in this drama are a CF director. Filming a CF and directing one must give you different feelings.

KSR: In the drama I'm supposed to be a CF director, but it's more towards an MV director. So there aren't any CF-filming scenes in the drama, though there are scenes of MV shoots, so I haven't experienced what you mentioned.

YSH: She only did the MV in the drama.

Q: You were each other's first loves in the drama. How did you separate?

YSH: The script hasn't mentioned the reason for the breakup, there are only scenes where we recall the past. The scriptwriter gave me all these scenes, so there will be scenes where I'd stand there in a daze. What exactly did I do to cause the breakup between Sarang-sshi and me, the script hasn't mentioned. But it's probably that I did something wrong, played around with girls, stuff like that. So it's hard to see me looking stern and serious in the drama. But in the drama when I see Sarang-sshi, my expression would harden and I'd avoid her gaze, but my heart would still respond to her.

Q: What's the relationship between Yoon Sang-hyun-sshi and Hyun Bin-sshi in the drama, and the relationship between Kim Sarang-sshi and Ha Ji-won-sshi?

YSH: The relationship with Hyun Bin-sshi... in a very large courtyard with a garden, we each have our own house and live together. We're relatives. But these two are very different in personality, and they both got their fathers' genes. Oska has the flirtatious gene, Joo-won inherited his father's intelligence. Seeing me play Oska, people will think of the term "scum", so in the drama women are my everything, when I see a pretty woman I'd think of how to seduce her. So I quarrel with Joo-won daily and we hate each other. When problems occur, I'd give Joo-won a call and get him to resolve things. So we maintain an antagonistic relationship. As for Ha Ji-won-sshi, I get close to her to incur the jealousy of Kim Sarang-sshi. After meeting Gil Ra-im for the first time, thanks to Yoon Seul always appearing before me and making me sad, I started getting close to Ra-im. What happens after that the script hasn't been written.

Q: What does Kim Sarang-sshi think?

KSR: Revenge... it's not quite that...

YSH: It's probably not that.

KSR: They are relatives, and I just wanted to hurt him... I'm not really sure about the whole thing. As for Hyun Bin-sshi, who to everyone looks like part of that 1% of society... there was such a line of dialogue... and it was to hurt him that I expressed myself to Hyun Bin-sshi. As Ha Ji-won-sshi was always with Hyun Bin-sshi, I naturally grew jealous.

YSH: You and Ha Ji-won-sshi are rivals, right?

KSR: Yes, she grabbed my collar too. We quarrelled a few times as well.

Q: In real life, do you all get along?

YSH: Yeah (laughs)

Q: In the drama, Kim Sarang-sshi's outfits are very lavish. What do you think is the type of outfit that would match the character's personality in the drama?

KSR: Well, she's a very rich lady and also a unique person, so her clothes should be the high-class, expensive type. She wants to give off a stylish image, so she works hard at that. So I hope when viewers watch the drama, they'll take note of the outfits I'm wearing and my appearance.

Q: Yoon Sang-hyun-sshi, in your last drama "My Fair Lady" you were a butler and in this one you're a singer adored by many female fans. Do you think there is a connection between this drama and rich women?

YSH: In this drama I won't be dating a chaebol. Oska thinks any girl in a skirt is fine, so I think Oska's standard when it comes to women is lower. From my butler role in "My Fair Lady" to the Oska role here, I find it very amusing.

Q: Kim Sarang-sshi hasn't been in a drama for quite a while, yes? Can you tell us briefly what you were doing before this drama?

KSR: Many people thought I was taking a break during this period, but that's not the case. I was always on the lookout for projects and I also made a lot of preparations. During this period I became more mature and now that I am back on the small screen, I am also growing in confidence.

Q: Earlier we talked about how this drama helped you find a forgotten love. You play a character who, in order to gain a woman's concern, turn your affections to another woman - a man who can't love only one woman and who turns into a playboy. In real life, what are your views and philosophy on love?

YSH: I'm not that young anymore, and my views on love are always changing. When I was in my twenties, I was less mainstream. Now that I've reached the marriageable age, I will look at the person's moral character, I will also think about the issues that will occur after having children. Our personalities must also complement. It becomes more difficult when there are more things to consider. There are too many things to consider. Previously it was okay if two people love each other and there'd be no problems, but these days there are simply too many things one has to take into account. As for this drama, initially they didn't know, but in time they will realise the value of love. Through this drama I also realised what true love is. Sarang-sshi, what about you?

KSR: In the drama, Yoon Seul is quite a unique character, with pure and innocent emotions. Everyone may not know, but like Yoon Seul, I have my pure and innocent side too. As Yoon Sang-hyun-sshi mentioned, as time passes it becomes more difficult to find the right one, I find that very true.

YSH: Exactly.

KSR: There are too many things to consider, yeah?

YSH: Yup, yup.

KSR: In the drama, Yoon Seul is not the kind of woman who is beautiful outside but hollow inside. She can show the true value of love.

Hyun Bin & Ha Ji-won back on stage for the Q&A:

Ha Ji-won: Hello everyone, I'm Ha Ji-won, playing Gil Ra-im in Secret Garden. I'm a stuntwoman whom actresses are jealous of, a charismatic stuntwoman who dreams of being a martial arts director and receiving lots of love and attention from men. In the drama, I swap souls with Hyun Bin-sshi and funny things happen. Thank you.

Hyun Bin: Hello everyone, I'm Hyun Bin, playing Kim Joo-won in Secret Garden. Joo-won is the owner of a departmental store and the quintessence of the unreasonable city male. He's a rude, cold and overbearing man who doesn't even know how rich he is. After I swap souls with Ha Ji-won-sshi, who's sitting next to me, I begin to lead a completely different life.

Q: In the drama you have to act both like a man and like a woman, both of you must have researched into how a woman playing a man and a man playing a woman should act. So what sort of research did you do, and what amusing things happened when you acted as each other?

HJW: Because it's Hyun Bin-sshi's... oops, Joo-won's soul in my body, to date among all the dramas and movies I've been in it's the first time I've had to really take note of the other person's every move like this. Even now, if he passes by me I would take note, I would observe carefully Hyun Bin-sshi's every little move. When the souls are swapped, we practised our lines using each other's characters and helped each other. As my manager is male, I could take pointers from him. Now I've developed a habit of observing people, and do my best to observe others. The most observing I do is of Hyun Bin-sshi.

HB: It's the same for me. If prior to this drama we'd gotten to know and understand each other, I think we would have been able to bring more to the table. But we didn't, so during filming we observed each other a lot more and took note of the details. It's the same even now. Before filming, we'd practise each other's scenes using our original roles, go over the lines and movements. We help each other this way, to express to the max what we are able to portray. Although this is a fictitious scenario, of a soul swap between a guy and a girl, it's actually very interesting - it's not just particular amusing incidents, but I think all the scenes after the body swap are hilarious.

Q: A common question, what do you think of your partnership?

HB: (turns to HJW and smiles) Compared to previous dramas and the leading actresses I'd worked with in previous dramas, I think this time right from the start there wasn't any sort of gap, so I felt throughout the process that reduced a lot of pressure and I was able to act more naturally. In the early part of the drama I was living as Joo-won and later on I was living as Ra-im. That helped us get into the roles much more quickly and we also chatted a lot. So I have no worries about our partnership.

HJW: I too feel very comfortable. As Hyun Bin-sshi said, I am both Joo-won and Ra-im, so to be able to chat more with each other and tell each other about oneself's details... we also chatted a lot outside of work, and it was very comfortable during filming. Our partnership has been very smooth.

Q: I would like to ask Ha Ji-won-sshi, you're playing a stuntwoman in the drama and will have to do many dangerous scenes, and you'd have bruises all over. We're all concerned that you'd be injured. Can you share with us any details about this part of the story?

HJW: During filming, our martial arts teacher would tease me and call me "steel woman", as I wouldn't utter a sound even if I was injured a little. There were times when I forced myself to continue. I have had small and big injuries, but won't really mention it, so everyone was very concerned about me. But the end result is pretty cool, so I feel very satisfied.

Q: You experienced something similar during the Dano Festival, you must have suffered a lot of hardship. What is the difference between that experience and this one?

HJW: To be honest, the injuries I suffered during the Dano Festival haven't really healed. It's hard to do an action film, but the more I film the more interesting I find it. There's something special about it. That's why I feel the role of Ra-im is something I want to do. Although it is tough, I will continue doing action films.

Q: Hyun Bin-sshi, you were in My Name is Kim Sam Soon and A Millionaire's First Love. Each time you played a chaebol and gave viewers a different feeling for each role. What do you feel is the difference between your portrayal of a chaebol this time and your two previous experiences?

HB: I don't know why, but I often received opportunities for chaebol roles. First off, I feel that the chaebol in this drama has more cars. Up till now, the protagonist has has 3 cars. And living in the biggest house, compared to previous chaebol roles. In the past I never felt the difference between playing a rich or poor man, and never really took notice, but recently I feel playing a chaebol is pretty good. Maybe I wanted to show, through this character, the image of a chaebol that I had not been able to portray in previous chaebol roles. I've been working hard to show a unique side of a chaebol to viewers. The preview you saw just now, I brought out another side of the chaebol, injected some comedy into his personality. In the drama, whatever he says totally brings out his overbearing side, so I wanted to show through action a different side of the character and have been working hard on that.

Q: Both of you mentioned you like observing the other as a way to work on the soul swap, so have you observed anything special about the other person in the process?

HB: Something special... (HJW laughs)

Manager (I think): I told Ha Ji-won-sshi prior to filming how a man stands, where to put his hands and the gap between his legs and all that.

HB: Ah yeah... that time at Jeju. (turns to HJW) Something special... I don't think there's any. Sometimes she'd smile like that (points to HJW) but don't know what she's really thinking about, but this isn't really anything special. I don't think there are any special little gestures or expressions.

Q: For example, in the drama hopping about when she's happy.

(HB, HJW both laugh)

HB: Ah yes, that happened in the drama when there was something to be happy about, she'd be on her tiptoes and jump about. That's something special, I guess.

Q: Has Ji-won-sshi noticed whether Hyun Bin-sshi has any special habits?

HJW: (thinks, then looks at HB and laughs) I'd teach Joo-won some "action" stuff, such as how to walk, and Joo-won likes to use his fingertips when he talks, these little things I'd imitate them. It was so when I learnt dialect, what made me most curious was how the intonation was not like how one would read it off a script, but that there would be that unique feel. If I were a man, if it were Joo-won, how there would be a feel that's exclusively Joo-won. I also observed a lot. Joo-won is a bit overbearing but very charismatic. So I wanted to imitate the aura that is naturally expressed through intonation, but I don't know if I did that well. In the future I'll keep observing and ask him to teach me more.

Q: In the drama you crossed the gender boundaries. Can you briefly explain how you felt turning into a man, and into a woman, respectively?

HB: I feel compared to men, women are more attentive and take note of more things. So with regard to those detailed things, turning into a woman would be troublesome. I still think it's better to be a man, there isn't anything special to take note of. In terms of sitting posture, definitely it's more comfortable for men than women.

HJW: I tried that, and it's indeed more comfortable. Men, when they sit down, don't worry about the posture of their legs. Due to the filming, I began to sit more and more like a man, less conscious of my image (as a woman). The cinematographer had to tell me to watch my sitting posture. I find that after I became a man, my sitting posture and gestures were more open, and more comfortable, and I would become more forthright. I find that interesting.

Q: There were NG scenes in the preview. You two must have had many NGs. Who had more NGs during filming?

HJW: I'm someone who loves to laugh. Compared to last time, I'm better able to hold in my laughter, and I have some tactics to control my laughter, but sometimes it's impossible to rein it in. So during filming there were many scenes where I was struggling to hold in my laughter, so I guess I had more NGs.

Q: Which scenes does Ha Ji-won-sshi think Hyun Bin-sshi was most hilarious in?

(HB embarrassed laugh - so cute! HJW also laughs)

HJW: I'm a stuntwoman in the drama, so I always have to say "sorry" and "thank you". So after the soul swap, Hyun Bin-sshi also has to say these words, and I find that very adorable. Hyun Bin-sshi said I have that special intonation when I say these words (she demonstrates). Perhaps since the dialogue and action happen at the same time, I'd think there's Ra-im in there. Actually it's like I'm looking at myself from the outside, and I find it really cute for Hyun Bin-sshi to act it out. Did I say cute? (laughs)

Q: Many people would like to know the deciding factor for you two to be in the drama.

HB: The deciding factor?

Q: Is it because it's a Shin Woo-chul/Kim Eun-sook drama?

HB: When I decide on a drama, I'm not too particular about who the director and scriptwriter are. First off, I'm very interested in this story, and everyone should know that the first choice for this role wasn't me. Maybe something happened and the actor couldn't do this role, so I ended up taking it. This is a really interesting story, that's why I chose it. I was also looking for a drama that would give viewers a bright and refreshing feeling, a heartwarming drama for viewers. Ever since 2005's My Name is Kim Sam Soon, I'd not acted in a romantic comedy, so I wanted to do another comedic role. At this time I received the opportunity to do this drama, so I decided to take it up. I'd also heard about the director, scriptwriter and crew, they're a very outstanding group of people, and the actors are outstanding too, and the partnership between Shin Woo-chul and Kim Eun-sook is classic, their works are well-received, so there was no reason for me to reject working with them. This drama is what I've been looking for, and I can make a breakthrough in terms of character, so it was an excellent chance for me and I had no hesitation in deciding on the drama.

HJW: I also like the works of Shin Woo-chul and Kim Eun-sook, you can call me a fan. The storylines are fresh and amusing. I've also wanted to act in a drama like this, so I joined the production. The script is hilarious, and the filming atmosphere has been very heartwarming and happy. I've always liked fantasy stories, and the story was very amusing. My previous works had always been on the heavy side, so when I saw the script, I really wanted to become Gil Ra-im and portray her life.

(As with Kim Sarang and Yoon Sang-hyun, Hyun Bin and Ha Ji-won practise a cheer for Secret Garden before they exit the stage).

:sweatingbullets: Hope you enjoyed that! It was pretty repetitive, though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest happy go lucky

Is anyone here a member of wonnie's cafe?

I need someone to help me get in contact with one of the operators... and I can't join the cafe unless I have a security number/i-pin (even though I have a daum account)... any leads would be appreciated :sweatingbullets:

Guest purpleZ

Does anyone think it will be possible to find a direct dl link for HJW older dramas? I have tried looking for it but have not succeed. lol

Secret (MBC, 2000) starring Ryu Shi Won and Kim Ha Neul

Life is Beautiful (KBS2, 2001) starring Kim Rae Won

Days in the Sun (KBS2, 2002) starring Ji Sung

DL links for:

Life is Beautiful

That's the only one I could find. I haven't watched Days in the Sun. Will post here again if I found them.

@Aziraphale: Wow, it's been hard on you translating that much conversation. Thanks sooo much!

Go Soo, Lee Byung Hun and Jo In Sung, with those I would want to see JW paired up with. Even better, re-team with Binnie ;)

@sintame: I think one of her charms is that she laughs out loud easily, without trying to care for her image and she's also very polite. Jo In Sung and Kwon Sang Woo often teased her because she often reacts late to jokes. Then she laughed out loud herself. JW has many hot male celebrity friends, like Jo In Sung, Gang Dong Won, Kwon Sang Woo, Jang Dong Gun, etc. I think that is also why she's always surrounded by guys more and more comfortable around guys. kkk. Just an example as her stuntwoman occupation in SG: she's the only female in the action school. This role suits her just perfectly.

@happy go lucky: Have you found some people who want to contribute for a gift for SG casts? I don't know what the procedures are...