Kim Sang Kyung 김상경

Guest cocob

August 22, 2007

Talk of the town

21211525nt3.jpg

Actor Kim Sang-kyung

The tooth fairy brings romance Dental treatment is not usually regarded as something that can change somebody’s fate.

However, much to the public's surprise this was the case for actor Kim Sang-kyung. Four months ago, during a trip to the dentist, he came across Kim Eun-kyung, a beautiful dentist who was in charge of his tooth cleaning. “At first sight, I could tell she was my destiny,” he said.

Kim Sang-kyung took the first step by calling his new tooth fairy the next day to arrange a dinner appointment. This start launched them toward their wedding, which is scheduled for Oct. 4 in a Seoul hotel.

“His humble and sincere demeanor appealed to me,” said the bride-to-be. “I was convinced he would make a good husband.” They have already decided on their wedding attire and have started wedding preparations. One reason for their haste is that Kim Sang-kyung will be occupied from October for a year or more, shooting “Sejong the Great.”

The male Kim, 35, has recently been seen in the box office success “May 18.” The female Kim, 30, is currently head of a dental surgery in Jongno, Seoul.

By Lee Seung-eun

http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2879534

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

August 22, 2007

Talk of the town

21211525nt3.jpg

Actor Kim Sang-kyung

The tooth fairy brings romance Dental treatment is not usually regarded as something that can change somebody’s fate.

here their wedding photoshots ^^

photoshots of Kim Sang-kyung and his bride Kim Eun-kyung^^

20070929003212.675.0.jpg

20070929003212.675.1.jpg

20070929003212.675.2.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest kalinda

I'm now watching secret agent Ms Oh (KBS-world, asia).. kinda drawn into his character agent Ko and tried to look for his thread in soompi, found little info...:) .. even the series itself doesn't have any thread in drama directory (correct me if I'm wrong:)

• 1 year later...

A multiple answers poll ~

There are 2 sets of list provided, please choose from each list so that the votes will go through

Poll: Which 2012 Korean movies that you are most excited about?

http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/374847-which-2012-korean-movies-that-you-are-most-excited-about/

• 2 weeks later...

Poll: Which 2012 Korean movies that you are most excited about?

http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/374847-which-2012-korean-movies-that-you-are-most-excited-about/

As of February 25, 2012, 130 member(s) have cast their votes in the multiple-answers movie fun poll. The tally is not definite as members yet to vote can still pick their favorites. However, this is a one-time poll.. once voted, members will not be able to vote again. Related movie posters and info posted at the poll thread for reference

The current result starting with the highest voted movies rbhcool.gif

1. The Thieves

Lee Jung Jae, Kim Yoon Seok, Kim Hye Soo, Jeon Ji Hyun) (44 votes [25.43%])

2. Miss Conspirator

Go Hyun Jung, Yu Hae Jin. Ko Chang Seok, Sung Dong Il, Lee Mun Shik, Park Shin Yang (42 votes [21.11%])

3. The King of Joseon

Lee Byung Hun, Han Hyo Joo, Ryu Seung Ryong, Shim Eun Kyung (39 votes [22.54%])

4. Coffee

Joo Jin Mo, Kim So Yeon, Park Hee Seon, Yoo Sun (31 votes [15.58%])

5. Introduction to Architecture

Uhm Tae Woong, Han Ga In, Lee Je Hoon, Suzy (31 votes [15.58%])

6. Korea

Ha Ji Won, Bae Doo Na (27 votes [13.07%])

7. Love Fiction

Gong Hyo Jin, Ha Jung Woo (18 votes [9.05%])

8. The Howling

Song Kang Ho, Lee Na Young (16 votes [9.25%])

9. Never Ending Story

Uhm Tae Woong, Jung Ryeo Won (15 votes [7.54%])

10. Soar into the Sky

Jung Ji Hoon, Shin Se Kyung, Kim Sung Soo, Yoo Joon Sang (15 votes [8.67%])

11. Papa

Park Yong Woo, Go Ah Ra, Daniel Henney, Son Byeong Ho (14 votes [8.09%])

12. Dancing Queen

Hwang Jung Min, Uhm Jung Hwa (13 votes [6.53%])

13. Train (aka Helpless)

Lee Seon Kyun, Kim Min Hee, Jo Sung Ha (12 votes [6.94%])

14. The Tower

Sul Kyung Gu, Son Ye Jin, Kim Sang Kyung (12 votes [6.36%])

15. Berlin

Ha Jung Woo, Han Suk Kyu, Jeon Ji Hyun, Ryu Seung Bum (9 votes [4.52%])

16. Nameless Gangster

Choi Min Sik, Ha Jung Woo (9 votes [4.52%])

17. Unbowed

Ahn Sung Ki, Park Won Sang, Na Young Hee, Kim Ji Ho, Moon Sung Geun, Lee Kyeong Yeong (9 votes [5.20%])

18. Sansevieria

Dir. Yoo Ji Tae, Bae Soo Bin, So Yoo Jin (7 votes [4.05%])

19. The Taste of Money

Kim Kang Woo, Kim Hyo Jin, Baek Yoon Shik, Yoon Yeo Jung (6 votes [3.47%])

20. Pacemaker

Kim Myung Min, Go Ah Ra, Ahn Sung Ki (5 votes [2.51%])

• 1 year later...

May 2, 2013
“Montage” stars advocate missing children
By Lee Sun-min Korea JoongAng Daily

02182825.jpg
Kim Sang-kyung tells reporters at a press conference for his appointment as honorary ambassador to promote International Missing Children’s Day that he felt even more pain for parents who have lost their children after he became a father. His son is now 4 years old.
02182813.jpg
Uhm Jung-hwa talks to reporters at a press conference for her appointment as an honorary ambassador for International Missing Children’s Day.
02182754.jpg
Uhm Jung-hwa, left, and Kim Sang-kyung, right, pose for the camera at a press conference for their appointments as honorary ambassadors to promote International Missing Children’s Day.
Uhm Jung-hwa and Kim Sang-kyung, both of whom played the lead characters in an upcoming film titled “Montage,” were appointed as honorary ambassadors to promote International Missing Children’s Day on May 25. 
Uhm plays the role of a mother who has lost her child in the movie, scheduled to be released on May 16.

April 15, 2013
‘Montage' Um Jung Hwa talks about why she chose the movie Source: StarNews l Nate
1367727429_506666.jpg

Um Jung Hwa, Kim Sang Kyung, and Song Young Chang of film 'Montage' revealed why they decided to cast in the movie.
Um Jung Hwa, Kim Sang Kyung, and Song Young Chang, who casted in a great number of hit movies finally met up. They recently casted in movie 'Montage', which will be released on May 16th.
Film 'Montage' is a movie about three victims who lost daughter, grand daughter, and life because of similar crimes.
Um Jung Hwa, who is undoubtedly one of the highest actresses of Korea, will be casting as a mother who lost her daughter 15 years ago.
The reason why Um Jung Hwa decided to cast in 'Montage' is because of the great and unique plot development. Um Jung Hwa said, "I've casted in a number of other thriller movies, and I also casted as a mother. However, 'Montage' was different. I could feel an emotional rush after a suspenseful plot development, and I hope to watch the movie with my family members."
She continued, "I thought everyone would like 'Montage'. This is the best movie of my career yet," showing a great amount of confidence in the movie.
Kim Sang Kyung, who also casted in a great number of hit movies, will be casting as a detective who investigates about a case from 15 years ago.
Kim Sang Kyung said, "Cheong Ho in 'Montage' is a very unique character. I could feel something that I could not feel in other movies."
Lastly, Song Young Chang, who has been active as an actor for 24 years, is one of the best veteran actors who casted in a great number of hit movies as well.
He said, "I had a great trust in director Jung Geun Seop and the scenario. I could not believe the scenario was written by such a young director. My trust in him grew even larger while shooting."
Song Young Chang casted in 'Montage' as a grandfather who lost his grand daughter, and it is said that he even had an action scene.
On the other hand, 'Montage' is currently being talked about as one of the most anticipated movie of May.
/Reporting by Lee Mi-Ji en@starnnews.com

• 2 weeks later...

May 17, 2013
Uhm Jung-hwa and Kim Sang-kyung’s thriller Montage
by girlfriday dramabeans.com
It looks like Uhm Jung-hwa (Dancing Queen) has another box office hit on her hands with her suspense thriller Montage, which opened yesterday in second place against Hollywood blockbusters The Great Gatsby and Iron Man 3. The film stars Uhm Jung-hwa as a mother who lost her child to a kidnapper fifteen years ago, and Kim Sang-kyung (Tower, White Christmas) as the detective who failed to close the case and remains haunted by it to this day.
20130517_1368751431_83033800_1_59_201305

Fifteen years ago Uhm Jung-hwa’s daughter gets kidnapped and she and the detective on the case fight tooth and nail to get her back, and fail. Suddenly, fifteen years later — and five days before the statute of limitations runs out on the case — a single flower is left at the scene of the crime. Days later, a grandfather takes his eyes off his granddaughter for just a minute… and she disappears. Eep. Okay, I know I’m the one recounting the story to you, but I just creeped myself out.
So fifteen years later the kidnapper has returned to repeat his crime move by move, which doesn’t sound very smart, but maybe he’s feeling invincible since he can no longer be charged for the first crime, or maybe he’s just an insane person. In any case, once they learn of the second kidnapping, the mother who already lost her child and the detective who let it eat away at him all this time join forces to retrace their steps from the first crime, to try and save the second little girl before it’s too late.
Montage is in theaters now.
Via TV Report

May 17, 2013
HanCinema's Film Review: "Montage"
Review by William Schwartz Hancinema.net

feogoo201305161935330.jpg

It's been fifteen years since the apparent murder of a young child. Detective Chang-Ho (played by Kim Sang-kyeong) discovers something astonishing at an emotionally charged location- a place only known by himself, the child's mother, and the the girl's kidnapper. With this, a race quickly begins to try and apprehend the criminal before the statute of limitations run out.
"Montage" is produced excellently. From the very first scene, there's palpable, alarming, painful tension in the air, and this never really lets up. Director Jeong Geun-seop doesn't achieve this by just tossing into adrenaline-pumping action scenes, though. Rather, the terror mainly comes from the quiet moments, where the audience has no idea what will happen next, and even a fakeout ends up leaving us in a mildly panicked state.
While this is all well-done, for quite some time a lot of the film feels like it's just going through the motions. I thought to myself at times, yes, Mr. Director, you've established that you can make good thriller material. Is this really all that you have? I know the tropes you're using and I can tell what you're doing. This is all great pot-boiler material, but a film needs more than a quick heart beat and deliberate precision to make for a good narrative.
Consider this review the recanting of the faithless. The film's technical merits are no anomaly. "Montage" is a far deeper story than its seemingly perfunctory use of tropes implies- a deliberate, and brilliant move on the part of the director. When revelations about the true nature of the crimes start being revealed, previous storyline events that just seemed like clever screenwriting take on an entirely new dimension.
The film's villain, for example, seems for quite some time to just be your typical diabolic puppetmaster, pulling everyone's strings for the sake of twisted personal amusement. This is not (as is implied by the first significant event) to be true. In actuality, the nature of the crimes committed are substantially more evil than that, even though the emotions driving them are about the most positive imaginable. If you haven't seen this film, this combination probably sounds completely impossible.
And yet, fully and beyond any possible doubt, it works. The film is a stirring, profound exploration of why people do horrible things. Hardly anyone leaves this film with their hands perfectly clean. But it's not the blood on your hands that matters. It's the sequence of events that led there, and what follows afterwards. In a world where movie morality is typically determined by whoever has the best ends to justify the means, "Montage" presents moral dilemmas where we know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, who's going to heaven and who's going to hell based not on their literal actions or even their motivation but rather by understanding just how much they have needlessly chosen to damage other people in pursuit of their goals.
There is, suffice to say, a lot of material worth stewing over here. All you need is faith. Every single shot, every single character action, serves a clear deliberate purpose in the overall story. While "Montage" may mislead the viewer to maximize thrills, what we get by the end is worth so much more than that, and is so profoundly effective, that all this misdirection is easily forgiven. That is how strong a portrait this film paints.
Review by William Schwartz

Archived