Jo Jung Suk 조정석 - Upcoming Drama 2024: Sejak, The Enchanted

mintea18

On 15/4/2017 at 6:21 PM, mundaliv said:

Jung Suk ssi looks so chubby in the new CF :D How many new CF does he have in 2017? 

I think he's got 3 so far: Handon, IOPE Men and Samdasoo (correct me if I'm wrong) :tongue:

Also, he's one of 5 actors who had the most CFs in 2016, according to this article :wink:

http://www.slist.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=10761

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mintea18 said:

I think he's got 3 so far: Handon, IOPE Men and Samdasoo (correct me if I'm wrong) :tongue:

Also, he's one of 5 actors who had the most CFs in 2016, according to this article :wink:

http://www.slist.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=10761

How about Schneider? Is it new or old? Or extension? :D Like Yanadoo also? I forget was it 2016 or in Jan 2017?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mundaliv said:

How about Schneider? Is it new or old? Or extension? :D Like Yanadoo also? I forget was it 2016 or in Jan 2017?

He's been the ambassador for Yanadoo since the end of 2016, and been a model for Schneider long before, I think Schneider has renewed the contract with him ^_^

• Like 2

@mundaliv I also notice that JungSuk-ssi looks a little chubby in his Samdasoo CF :tongue: 

And JJS seems to have changed his hairstyle.....like in the new CF and in the new Japan Official Website welcome video!  Is he trying to change his image? I still prefer his Hwa Shin or Chef's hairstyle though :wink:.

• Like 1

JJS has been nominated under the Best Lead Actor Category at the upcoming 53rd Baeksang Awards but the buzz so far has been all about Gong Yoo and Goblin this year!  Tough fight for JJS in this category but am happy for him to be among the list of great actors .....sadly though, JJS is the only nomination from JI.

h4SKmMS.jpg

He must be busy preparing for his fan meetings. Fighting :wub::wub:  Missing him and since tvN is airing OMG (again!), I am re-watching up to ep 6 and I must say, I really really love the cute/sweet chemistry between JJS and PBY (quite different from his sizzling chemistry with GHJ in JI).

jRAkAbb.jpgHLKW4hO.jpg

• Like 2

@kenjo80 true, he changes his hair style! his cheeks are so chubby.. hahaha.. perhaps because he doesn't do drama with all the night shooting endlessly.. he can have a routine daily life.. making him chubby then.. :wink: 

the japan website is official website of him? from his agency? wow... so great.. will we have a global website of him?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mundaliv said:

@kenjo80 true, he changes his hair style! his cheeks are so chubby.. hahaha.. perhaps because he doesn't do drama with all the night shooting endlessly.. he can have a routine daily life.. making him chubby then.. :wink: 

the japan website is official website of him? from his agency? wow... so great.. will we have a global website of him?

Think the Japan Official Fan Website is run by his Japanese fans and acknowledged by JJS himself and his agency.  For a global website, some international fans would have to get the ball rolling but am not sure the process to go about creating and launching a fan website :huh:

True @mundaliv- with no dramas to film and his movie has yet to start shooting, JJS must be relaxing and enjoying his "free" time with his mother, gf and friends. But he will definitely come back fit and strong for his fan meetings and Drug King :D

Naver TV posted this old video of JJS with the description 조정석, 로맨틱 미소·훈훈 비주얼 ′여심 강탈′ [2014 대종상영화제] JJS, romantic smile, good looking visual "capturing women's hearts" [2014 Daejong Film Awards] (loosely translated by me :tongue:)

http://tv.naver.com/v/1598315

oGw5XFY.jpg

Pre-OMG/JI days......his hairstyle and sideburn :o 

kXWoaa4.jpg

• Like 2

For the Baeksang Awards, I'm happy that JJS is nominated from his role in JI @kenjo80.. it's prestigious awards, right? but don't wanna hope too much with the other actors nominated in the same category are good as well. I'm still sad because he didn't win the year end award for Daesang. Comparing with Gong Yoo in Goblin, I think JJS performance in JI is more challenging. But of course, Goblin is far more popular than JI.. it's hype everywhere. Though personally I like JI more than Goblin (especially from the ending).. And like JJS more than Gong Yoo.. hehehe.. So far since JI, it's only Strong woman do bong soon can compete the level of satisfying ending for me. Almost similar with JI the ending, but no singing from PHS.. hehe was hoping that there will be singing like JJS in JI. JI gives high level of expectations for drama ending.

I watched some YT clips of OMG as well because wanna compare PBY in both dramas. Yeap, the sweet chemistry of JJS and PBY and he as chef is totally different with Lee Hwa Shin. He is more sweet and gentle.. I also just watching YT clips of him in YTBLSS and TK2H.. Comparing 4 dramas, my fave is still Lee Hwa Shin :D 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mundaliv said:

For the Baeksang Awards, I'm happy that JJS is nominated from his role in JI @kenjo80.. it's prestigious awards, right? but don't wanna hope too much with the other actors nominated in the same category are good as well. I'm still sad because he didn't win the year end award for Daesang. Comparing with Gong Yoo in Goblin, I think JJS performance in JI is more challenging. But of course, Goblin is far more popular than JI.. it's hype everywhere. Though personally I like JI more than Goblin (especially from the ending).. And like JJS more than Gong Yoo.. hehehe.. So far since JI, it's only Strong woman do bong soon can compete the level of satisfying ending for me. Almost similar with JI the ending, but no singing from PHS.. hehe was hoping that there will be singing like JJS in JI. JI gives high level of expectations for drama ending.

I watched some YT clips of OMG as well because wanna compare PBY in both dramas. Yeap, the sweet chemistry of JJS and PBY and he as chef is totally different with Lee Hwa Shin. He is more sweet and gentle.. I also just watching YT clips of him in YTBLSS and TK2H.. Comparing 4 dramas, my fave is still Lee Hwa Shin :D  

Yeah, @mundaliv JJS and PBY were really really sweet in OMG and I like their chemistry more than PBY/PHS in Strong Woman.  I have rewatched OMG so many times that I have lost track..... all becaouse of JJS and his awesome chemistry with PBY......Chef Kang is such a lovable character, sweet on the inside but trying to act tough on the outside.....like they say, Chef is tsundere!  I just love Chef so so much in OMG episode 12 when he defended Na Bong Sun and announced that he's dating her.....that's one of my favourite scenes from OMG!   

I lost interest in Strong Woman after episode 8 cos I find the crooks very irritating and the plot regarding the kidnapper was a bit "draggy" and am going to just watch the final episode sometime this week.....saw the pictures of PHS/PBY's wedding and they do look very cute together!  PHS is so very tall :wink:  Yeah, JI has the best drama ending for me as well and it is my favourite drama of JJS followed by OMG and TK2H (the romance with the princess was so touching):wub:

For me, the fight for Baeksang Best Actor award should be between JJS and Romantic Doctor's veteran actor as Gong Yoo's acting in Goblin was not that outstanding as the script did not require him to act out all sorts of emotions like JJS had to as Hwa Shin.......I too personally prefer JI and JJS more than Goblin/GY and am being hopeful that JJS will win the Baeksang award (one can only hope for the best for our favourite actor!) :D  The other two nominees are very popular also, so tough tough fight for uri JJS :crazy:

• Like 1

@kenjo80 We can only hope that JJS will win :) For me, GY in Goblin is not so outstanding in terms of acting.. But surely more popular... While we watched JJS plays different emotions in JI... and all of his talents! dancing singing.. cannot forget that!! 

If you want to continue watch Strong Woman, just watch episode 14, 15 and 16.. hahaha..that's my favorite episodes. The chemistry is totally different between PBY/JJS and PBY/PHS.. While PBY and JJS chemistry has more mature relationship, tender and caring... PBY and PHS is more cute... they are in the same age anyway.. and PHS acts also cute in there because of his character portrait. I don't have time to re-watched all episodes usually.. that's why I can only watch the YT clips.. too bad that TK2H does not have many clips in YT.. I lost count for how many times watching the JJS singing scene in the wedding :wink: 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, mundaliv said:

@kenjo80 We can only hope that JJS will win :) For me, GY in Goblin is not so outstanding in terms of acting.. But surely more popular... While we watched JJS plays different emotions in JI... and all of his talents! dancing singing.. cannot forget that!! 

If you want to continue watch Strong Woman, just watch episode 14, 15 and 16.. hahaha..that's my favorite episodes. The chemistry is totally different between PBY/JJS and PBY/PHS.. While PBY and JJS chemistry has more mature relationship, tender and caring... PBY and PHS is more cute... they are in the same age anyway.. and PHS acts also cute in there because of his character portrait. I don't have time to re-watched all episodes usually.. that's why I can only watch the YT clips.. too bad that TK2H does not have many clips in YT.. I lost count for how many times watching the JJS singing scene in the wedding :wink: 

Go JungSuk-ssi Go!!  I have watched Strong Woman ep14 and am going to finish the final 2 episodes soon. Thanks for the tip! PHS in Strong Woman is really cute and handsome.......he has a bright acting future ahead of him.

Meanwhile, JJS has just been revealed to be the new model for Dermatix Ultra, an advanced scar treatment product.......this is like the 4th new CF for him in 2017 after Handon, Samsadoo, IOPE......wowee, four CFs for the first four months in 2017 :D  Daebak!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kenjo80 said:

Go JungSuk-ssi Go!!  I have watched Strong Woman ep14 and am going to finish the final 2 episodes soon. Thanks for the tip! PHS in Strong Woman is really cute and handsome.......he has a bright acting future ahead of him.

Meanwhile, JJS has just been revealed to be the new model for Dermatix Ultra, an advanced scar treatment product.......this is like the 4th new CF for him in 2017 after Handon, Samsadoo, IOPE......wowee, four CFs for the first four months in 2017 :D  Daebak!!

Because JJS is the model for IOPE, I know the brand then. Just browsing online shop to see the cushion, because this brand doesn't enter my country officially.   Have any of you tried this brand? 

JJS is on fire for CF :D 

It's true that in JI, he lost his chubby cheeks... especially in the second half of the drama.. Just watching the YT clips again.. hahaha

Enjoy Strong woman final episode! I would put PHS resembles of JJS.. some sort like that. With his acting skills, he really like JJS acting IMO. Although the SWDBS thread puts him more like Ji Sung.. But if I compare PHS voice singing with JJS voice singing, JJS wins!! Really love JJS voice in a song. especially in TK2H episode 2! Can't move on from there.. But for daily talking, like in drama, PHS voice wins. Just my opinion from watching both actors. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, mundaliv said:

Because JJS is the model for IOPE, I know the brand then. Just browsing online shop to see the cushion, because this brand doesn't enter my country officially.   Have any of you tried this brand? 

JJS is on fire for CF :D 

It's true that in JI, he lost his chubby cheeks... especially in the second half of the drama.. Just watching the YT clips again.. hahaha

Enjoy Strong woman final episode! I would put PHS resembles of JJS.. some sort like that. With his acting skills, he really like JJS acting IMO. Although the SWDBS thread puts him more like Ji Sung.. But if I compare PHS voice singing with JJS voice singing, JJS wins!! Really love JJS voice in a song. especially in TK2H episode 2! Can't move on from there.. But for daily talking, like in drama, PHS voice wins. Just my opinion from watching both actors. 

Yay, on fire for CFs :glasses:

Oh, I am using IOPE products.......started in 2016, a year before JJS became the brand model......am so happy that he is now appearing in the CF of the product that I am currently still using, the IOPE Air Cushion :D  He is so cool in the CF Video speaking "What Can I Do for You?" :wub:

I bought this brand's products (air cushion and sunblock compact) when I visited Seoul in 2016 when Shin Minah (I think) was the brand model for the women's range.  Love the Air Cushion, it covers well and makes the skin look moist, has UV block and it is not too expensive :)

PHS is good but I think his acting is still not at JJS or Ji Sung's level, yet. I am not mesmerised by his acting as I am by JJS's. Still many more years to go to reach that level!   But, he is better than Go Kyung Pyo, IMO :wink:

• Like 3

Jung Suk is in a league of his own. He has a natural gift and right now, he's one of the most brilliant actors around. Many will try to emulate his style, but nobody does it better than Suk especially in romcom which he (hands down) reigns as the king. He's just mesmerizing to watch and has so many layers to each of his portrayal. There is nobody that even comes close. I have watched Hyung Sik and I am not amazed. Sorry. If Suk would be compared to Ji Sung, I wouldn't mind. He is an amazing actor as well. The closest comparison to Suk's brilliance is the great Charlie Chaplin. I even read a foreign review comparing Suk's acting with that of the early silent film actors' era. That's how exceptional Suk is. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kenjo80 said:

Yay, on fire for CFs :glasses:

Oh, I am using IOPE products.......started in 2016, a year before JJS became the brand model......am so happy that he is now appearing in the product that I am currently still using, the IOPE Air Cushion :D  He is so cool in the CF Video speaking "What Can I Do for You?" :wub:

I bought this brand's products (air cushion and sunblock compact) when I visited Seoul in 2016 when Shin Minah (I think) was the brand model for the women's range.  Love the Air Cushion, it covers well and makes the skin look moist, has UV block and it is not too expensive :)

PHS is good but I think his acting is still not at JJS or Ji Sung's level, yet. I am not mesmerised by his acting as I am by JJS's. Still many more years to go to reach that level!   But, he is better than Go Kyung Pyo, IMO :wink:

Surely PHS is not yet in the level of JJS and Ji Sung. But somehow watching him, I always thought of JJS. Especially on the eye acting. JJS is great in eye acting. But to my surprise PHS as young idol actor can do it also. Perhaps in next 10 years he can be a great actor. Now, he is better than Go Kyung Pyo for sure! Hehe. 

Wow you already use IOPE air cushion :D Think I will try to buy it because JJS is the brand model. Hahaha

• Like 3