[Drama 2012] BIG 빅

the girl who!

I just don't get why they didn't make the kid a goofball in the beginning. It would have been such an easy remedy for the character inconsistency in the transition from bodies. I like where it's going, but the inconsistency is gonna irk me for a bit while watching through episodes.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest anjoloveskirby

This will be a very long weekend for waiting episode 3... 
i think how GY portrayed YJ having KJ soul is not inconsistent. He may be acting that way because everything is weird for him. maybe his really that kind of person before his mom died and witnessed the whole incident. Having a new body freed him from his traumatic experience due to his mom's death and if Mari knows him best and recognized KJ in YJ's body due to his behaviour, then maybe, maybe the KJ soul now in YJ body is his true character.

I also don't find KJ  acting wird...from what i saw he's like the lonely type so i don't think he's the guy that will show his true personality to anyone,so because he spent more time with DR he's letting his true personality out

I just don't get why they didn't make the kid a goofball in the beginning. It would have been such an easy remedy for the character inconsistency in the transition from bodies. I like where it's going, but the inconsistency is gonna irk me for a bit while watching through episodes.

Guest SSmile145

Hello everyone

I started to watch the drama yesterday after making sure the second episode out and subbed to satisfy my curiosity
as some of the people here i did not like the episode 1 very much, I know that's usually the first episode is the introduction of what will happen in the drama and that conman thing but i wasn't satisfied about the editing part i felt there was something missing between the scenes like for example when KJ sleeping in the bed while the Gil teacher comes in or the car accident
the episode was fine if only the lacking of harmony between some parts didn't exists I wouldn't have any complain

However on the other hand the second episode was perfectly done i really enjoyed and even repeat some of the parts over and over to observe everything and giggle
in my opinion gong yoo was so great in his role,  he was very fit to be 18 years old and i loved him more than his usual character the
30 years old man

what i like about this drama so far
1/ the warm hands highlights i really admire the hong sisters, I heard from my mom once when she touched my hand and its was terribly cold and always that's the case that my grandmother and the past generation they always said who ever has cold hand means his/her heart is warm and passion and visa versa while in the drama you can see that Gil do ran say the opposite because she is clueless about this matter

2/how KJ act a little differently from the first episode i believe if this happen to me anytime and my body switch of course i will have the same personality but i think i will have more freedom to talk, move and do whatever that i want without worrying about my image because its not my body anyway so nobody will know and people will criticize the one who i possess his/her body and that's what happen exactly, actually it will be amazing and bazaar feeling but in the same time he was trying to be careful and observe his attitude around the people who recognize the doctor and the only way to express his true self it was with the teacher because she is the only person who knew what happened to him   

3/ i love Gil do ran family the cute brother, the adorable mother and father !! they are so unique and funny  I'm really anticapting more scenes with the brother in law hahaha they just hilarious  :P

4/the way Gil do ran talk through the phone with her fiance totally cute ^_^

this drama have great start so far i love KJ personality he has so emotion inside his soul he couldn't express before because of his situation by living alone as an orphan and without any support or warm relative around him
he has the opportunity to live with passion and goal after discovering the life of the doctor and the people surround him :)

2/how KJ act a little differently from the first episode i believe if this happen to me anytime and my body switch of course i will have the same personality but i think i will have more freedom to talk, move and do whatever that i want without worrying about my image because its not my body anyway so nobody will know and people will criticize the one who i possess his/her body and that's what happen exactly, actually it will be amazing and bazaar feeling but in the same time he was trying to be careful and observe his attitude around the people who recognize the doctor and the only way to express his true self it was with the teacher because she is the only person who knew what happened to him   

In regards to KJ...I don't believe a body swap can change a persons mindset and personality. Essentially we are still the same person and will still react to things the same way.

For example, someone had mentioned his mothers death and the change in body would allow him to be freed of the trauma, but that is untrue, seeing his reaction when he was touched by blood, its obvious the issue is still there.

As for acting childish because his use to DR, just before the accident he was the same, after he accident and swap, at most he should be confused and seeking answers, not turn into a totally different person. His reaction to DR's brother is one key point, before the accident, he reacted to the guy with dismissal, but after the accident, he was openly taunting the guy.

If this was his true personality from he start, they should have showed us at least one scene, post depression, of him in his original "I'm 18 but act 12" form before doing the switch.

Gong Yoo is playing his character perfectly, its the script that lets his character down. I believe once episode 3 hits and with the return of Mari, the only person to know KJ before the depression, we would be able to have glimpses into his past and this consistency issue may not be a big deal anymore.

In regards to DR's relationship with KJ, I believe this is based more on personal views, to me, regardless if the man is cheating or not, if DR falls for someone else before breaking it off with him would be cheating. You do not get a free pass to cheat just because your other half is, two wrongs don't make a right.

The series is building DR and KJ to becoming a couple, constant love music as background, mutual support and awkward moments even before the accident suggest there is an underlying attraction between the two. the 3 episode teaser also shows an almost kiss, though I believe it KJ making a joke of it since his eyes were open.

Although I'm not a fan of teach-student relationships, I'm a firm believer of the Asian concept "a teacher is like a parent", I'm not ready to give up on this show yet. I still believe in LMJ and I believe in GY, I believe they can pull off anything.

I also need to wait for Suzy and I love Beak Sung Hyun.

FIRST TIME POSTING in these thread!
again, I am back at soompi!
after K2H, RTP and LR BIG is the only drama that caught my interest!
a HONG SISTERS drama again! :)
Hi to all soompiers out there! :)

I am loving the phasing of each scenes and I totally love GONG YOO being back with these great promising drama!

--- Otchosais :)

Guest meisk

I just realised something.Earlier someone mentioned about in the synopsis that Mari will fall in love with YJ. Before i think it was unlikely will happened because YJ still in coma. But to think about it again,it's possible. But not with YJ the soul but YJ the body...lol What if Mari didn't know the truth as sooner as we expected. Maybe she will fall in love again with the ajusshi (she call him that in the preview..lol) not knowing it was actually KJ. From the preview,she said "I must get married with u".Not surprised if she ended liking the ajusshi because in the inside it's still KJ. It's like she liking the same person again but with different faces.. Well,that's just my theory.. If this really happen, poor KJ~ He still can't get away from Mari even when he's in someone else body..XD Mari the stalker.Heh..it's gonna be a long weekend till the new episode. :)

Guest babY_Chika

Teacher is a parent.Asian does believe such thing especially Korean.Whatever students do is the teacher fault too. Can't say anything bout the drama bcuz I haven't watched it yet.

hi everyone.
id="watch-headline-title" id="watch-headline-title"KBS Drama "BIG" @ Good Luck Ceremony BTS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rMyFyehm_0&feature=share

Cr: forsuzy94

oh my god..shin won ho /suzy/Baek Sung Hyun...so CUTE..I love these three <3
and LMJ with GY..LOVE...

I'm in love with the cast..
god bless them all <3

Edit:

after watching this video again i just realize that the background music that was played it was for the drama (sungkwang scandal)
oh my god..that brings back so much memories <3

class="articletitle"'Big' miss A's Suzy Confesses Her Love 'I'm Going to Marry You'

miss A Suzy's much anticipated appearance in the drama 'Big' will be aired in the 3rd episode!

156858227.jpg

miss A Suzy's much anticipated appearance in the drama 'Big' will be aired in the 3rd episode!

On June 5, a preview of the 3rd episode of KBS drama 'Big' was shown at the end. In the preview, the much anticipated appearance of Jang Mari (Suzy) was shown.

Kang Kyung Joon (Gong Yoo), who woke up one morning to find out his soul had been switched with Seo Yoon Jae, is shocked at Jang Mari's appearance. When Jang Mari asks, 'Who is that person?' Gil Daran (Lee Min Jung) made up the answer, 'Somebody that Kyung Joon knows.' After hearing Gil Daran's answer, Suzy looks straight at Kang Kyung Joon and says, 'I'm going to marry you someday' which makes Kang Kyung Joon nervous.

Gil Daran's little brother Gil Choong Sik (Baek Sung Hyun) falls in love at first sight with Jang Mari and tells her, 'You're really pretty' and built up the anticipation regarding the complicated love lines that may form and break throughout the drama.

Viewers responded with comments like, 'Suzy is finally coming out in the next episode', 'I can't wait to see Suzy's weird character', 'Suzy shines even in the preview', and 'Big is such a funny drama. It seems like it's really going to begin its story now.'

Suzy's character Jang Mari has been hinted at to be a very weird and unique character. Suzy's homeroom teacher is Gil Daran (Lee Min Jung) who is actually engaged to Kang Kyung Joon who is currently stuck in the body of Seo Yoon Jae. The preview sky rocked the anticipation level for the 3rd episode, which will air on Monday, June 11.

source:

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/8892/20120606/big-miss-a-suzy-confesses-her-love-i-m-going-to-marry-you.htm

aigoooo..suzy..everyone is watching you, what a poor girl so much Pressure..i hope that she is going to be fine and bring the best of mari's character

Jang Mari..Fighting XDDD

Dear @the girl who! ...you are welcome chingu..i'm melting with GY and MJ too XD

edit:

the text preview of episode 3 is out..

윤재(공유)와 세영(장희진)의 사이가 심상치 않다는 걸 느낀 경준(신원호)은 세영을 만나 둘의 사이를 밝혀내려 한다. 한편 미국에서 경준(신원호)을 좋아해 따라다니던 자칭 약혼녀 장마리(배수지)는 한국으로 간 경준과의 연락이 갑자기 되지 않자 한국행 비행기에 오르는데...

i hope someone can translate it..^^

love love love Hong sisters! they're amazing!..if the first episode left me slightly confused with where this drama is going, the 2 episode left me rolling on the floor from laughter!!  =)) =)) =)) =))

all of their dramas have been a hit for me, so im just gonna sit back and enjoy this beautiful ride along with my Gong Yoo oppa!! I have waited long enough for his return to the small screen..and the more chocolate abs the better!!! 8-> 8-> 8-> 8->

Guest soompigalz

^
Yeah i notice that too, the question is how did she even know Daran name when thats the 1st time they met?
LOL i guess thats has somethin to do with her stalking skill :))

BTW, after 2 ep, i realize that KyungJun LOVE his JESUS :D

I hope we will not dislike Suzy's character. I liked her Hyemi so much in Dream High,so I really do hope they will make her character unique and I will like her more than Hyemi :P.

The hongsisters always make their evil character less evil and funny in an absurd way LOL. I hope it will be the same with this one. And another thing, it seems the Hongsisters have a routine in their drama;s. Its almost everytime they do a realistic drama one year, and next year they do a fantasy drama. So next year we will have a realistic one :P.

I hope to see Kim Soo Hyun, JooWoon, LeeMinHo, Park Yoochun, Yoo in Ah, Song Joonki in the next hongsisters drama ;) Did I miss anyone? Oee HyunBin would be nice ;)

Guest altinneen

Man, Lee Min Jung is hot. I happen to think that she's definitely among the top five most beautiful women in all of K-drama-land (Han Hye Jin is also in that category). Not to mention, she's a very talented actress.I could watch any show with her in it. Remember Midas? Damn she was beautiful in that.

Archived