[ MBC Sitcom 2012] Stand By/스탠바이

Guest mijoo-pearl

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cvillejin

^

yeah the recent episodes are sucking hard, i started to get more interested in i need a fairy, now that sitcom is really picking up

Has anyone been a little disappointed by the recent episodes? I know that we can't merely focus on So Min & Si Wan for the duration of the series but I feel that the last week or two weeks we've been focusing a majority of the time on Ryu Jung Woo and Park Joon Geum and it's getting a little tiring.

I'd even be happy if we spent time with the dumb and dumber quartet if it means an enjoyable show. I say this last bit ever so lightly because I can only stomach Kim Kyung Pyo so much before I start thinking of eugenics and sterilization methodologies and how best to apply those to him/his character.

I'm glad that So Min is back and all if only because we can get back to a more youthful/youth oriented show so I'm hoping that the writers can now limit the appearance of the newly happily married couple.

Nope, you're not alone in feeling this way. The last couple of weeks have been so Joon Geum and Papa Ryu-centric. I just complained about this on our blog, feeling like I've been watching a 16-episode drama about them. There's always something funny in each episode, but for the most part, I've felt something's off and something's dragging the show, and maybe it is the disproportionate focus on some characters' storyline.

Has anyone been a little disappointed by the recent episodes? I know that we can't merely focus on So Min & Si Wan for the duration of the series but I feel that the last week or two weeks we've been focusing a majority of the time on Ryu Jung Woo and Park Joon Geum and it's getting a little tiring.

I'd even be happy if we spent time with the dumb and dumber quartet if it means an enjoyable show. I say this last bit ever so lightly because I can only stomach Kim Kyung Pyo so much before I start thinking of eugenics and sterilization methodologies and how best to apply those to him/his character.

I'm glad that So Min is back and all if only because we can get back to a more youthful/youth oriented show so I'm hoping that the writers can now limit the appearance of the newly happily married couple.

oh no, you're not alone. i feel the same way. i thought i was watching the wrong show coz it looks like it's their show and i'm beginning to lose interest. yesterday i was so happy that at least somin is back finally. but it was short lived. alas! today's episode, she's not around again.... here today.... gone tomorrow?!?!?! WTH show?!?!?! :-/

%-( %-( %-( %-(

Guest KoreanCanucklehead

I think they were forced to focus on Ryu Jung Woo and Park Joon Geum because of So Min's absence. Hopefully the storyline will now shift its focus onto the likes of Simon D, YE WON!, So Min, and Si Wan.

I'm not watching this show just for an actress , so I'm pretty ok with how things are going now.

I just loved episode 37!!! Kyung Pyo and Shi wan's 'friendship' storyline was sooooo cute! especially when he passed the chocolate to him in the elevator!!!! love these two!

and i'm the minority and I ship Soohyun and kiwoo , so what a surprise at the end today! Although it must just be him pitying her T_T but oh well, more scenes of them!

scaled.php?server=137&filename=standby0373020120511354.jpg&res=landing

scaled.php?server=59&filename=standby0373020120511361.jpg&res=landing

I've been honest from the start that the reason I'm watching Standby is because of So Min, as this is her comeback project. WooMin is just a bonus. Otherwise, I wouldn't have tuned it at all because Korean sitcoms just aren't my thing.

huama, good for you that you're that open-minded. I wish I could be, and I had hoped the story would at least change my mind. There's always something funny, so at the least, I'm laughing, but I feel we're executing similar scenarios just in a different context. The lovelines shuffling and the lack of movement in some storylines because of the unequal focus on some characters are a problem for me. I think now I see the problem of having a big cast in a daily 20-minute show, it's hard to get that balance. At times, I have to wonder if the writers are winging the direction of the story and the subplots because I'm feeling disconnected over all.

And I would have been okay with the So Min-less episodes, but to go two weeks of a complete focus on Joon Geum and Papa Ryu is too much. In those two weeks, they went from courtship to being married?! I'd actually like an episode without those two.

I'm more cut out for 16- or 20-episode dramas because working with more than 100 episodes means plenty of fillers and slow developments.

I've been honest from the start that the reason I'm watching Standby is because of So Min, as this is her comeback project. WooMin is just a bonus. Otherwise, I wouldn't have tuned it at all because Korean sitcoms just aren't my thing.

huama, good for you that you're that open-minded. I wish I could be, and I had hoped the story would at least change my mind. There's always something funny, so at the least, I'm laughing, but I feel we're executing similar scenarios just in a different context. The lovelines shuffling and the lack of movement in some storylines because of the unequal focus on some characters are a problem for me. I think now I see the problem of having a big cast in a daily 20-minute show, it's hard to get that balance. At times, I have to wonder if the writers are winging the direction of the story and the subplots because I'm feeling disconnected over all.

And I would have been okay with the So Min-less episodes, but to go two weeks of a complete focus on Joon Geum and Papa Ryu is too much. In those two weeks, they went from courtship to being married?! I'd actually like an episode without those two.

I'm more cut out for 16- or 20-episode dramas because working with more than 100 episodes means plenty of fillers and slow developments.

same here. i have no inclination of watching sitcoms coz it's sooo long. i don't have looooong patience. am just watching standby with the same reason as yours. but it doesn't mean that i'm not enjoying watching it without somin. as long as there's a lot of humor in it, it's fine with me. what annoys me is watching the loveline of the seniors coz i don't find it interesting at all. i'd rather watch the 3 idiots rather than seeing them. *haist*

Archived