Ailee (에일리)

dreamerism

This girl is AMAZING! I haven't listened to much kpop, and now I came across her video. Blew me away! She's definitely going to go far. Btw, how old is she?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ That's a very good question. My guess is that she's graduated highschool already, but that's just a guess with practically no backing > >;;

woah finally i found ailee fanbase thread*quoted image*

she is awesome,i was looking for her debut stage since her appearance on singer & trainee*quoted image*

but,what agency does she enter actually??

last performance before her debut stage she is being wheesung's trainee,is she on wheesung's agency??or JYP??since we know that she was also take a part in JYP's project "Dream High Season 2"

Beginning from her "Singer and Trainee" appearance until... whenever she changes companies or her contract with them ends, she is officially under Wheesung's agency, YMC Ent. :) Even though Dream High Season 2 is indeed a JYP project, it's still—in the end—a drama. This will not affect anything regarding her training and debuting under YMC Ent. because it's just a drama :D

Guest nightmare.

“Music Bank” Ailee, Stormful voice – perfect look ‘She is a rookie, right?’

Rookie singer, Ailee’s successful debut stage

On the February 10th Music Bank, Ailee performed her debut song titled ‘Heaven’. On stage, Ailee demonstrated her powerful vocals and because of this, many people noticed her as ‘big rookie’. Especially with the dreamy melody of the song and combined with her perfect stage, making her performance even more complete.

Prior to her debut, she appeared on Chuseok Special ‘Singer and Trainee’ last year where she received praises from the judges, saying that she has overwhelming charisma on stage, as well as amazing vocals and rap skills.

Meanwhile T-Ara, MBLAQ, FT Island, Miryo, Davichi, Teen Top, Brian, Sweet Sorrow, Lee Hyun, Boyfriend, Sunny Hill, Buga Kingz, Dalshabet, Nine Muses, Block B, M Street, J-Cera, Chocolat, LED Apple, B.A.P, Wink, Stellar, F.I.X, and SPICA also appeared on Music Bank and offered awesome performances.

Source : Segye

Translated by : scatter.brained@soompi

Wheesung’s disciple, Ailee – Unbelievable Perfect Rookie Stage

Ailee who has frightening ability has finally debuted in the music industry.

Ailee performed her debut song ‘Heaven’ on the February 10th KBS2 TV ‘Music Bank’.

Ailee appeared on Chuseok Special Programme ‘Singer and Trainees’ together with Wheesung. She delivered an amazing performance which made people could not believe that she was still a trainee. She received a lot of praises for her amazing vocal ability and stage charisma.

Shortly after her debut, netizens were impressed by her soulful voice and sexy choreography. “I could not stop watching her when she performed” “She is charming” praised the netizens after her debut performance.

Meanwhile, Ailee is currently playing in KBS2 TV ‘Dream High 2’ showing her acting ability. Doing both acting and singing, Ailee has made many people looking forward to her future activities.

Source : Newsen

Translated by : scatter.brained@soompi

^ Thanks for the translations!! And I totally agree with the netizens; in my opinion, her performance totally demonstrated her "big" potential to be a huge idol in Korea. With Ailee's strong debut stages along with B.A.P. and SPICA, this year is turning out to be a very successful year for rookies and they are bringing this air of maturity and the charm they mentioned in the second article that make people wonder whether they really are just "rookies".

Guest Rosa_xkhaylee

I'm soo happy that Ailee debuted in Korea ;o

I used to watch/listen her in youtube :)

Heaven <3 and her concept is also prettyy and omg her clothes! are sooo pretty!

I stopped listening to kpop because i was tired of terrible groups being pushed out every day.

Ailee is what the kpop scene needs to be good again. First new artist in a long time I've been impressed with

I agree with seodah for the most part. Ailee is a step in the right direction for Kpop to regain its former greatness. I know making groups is easier to make popular and to make sure the companies get a return on their investment, but they forgot what made Kpop good in the first place. Good songs + talent > corporate-created image to get tweens and teens to buy their songs.

Guest littlemermaid_

I'm so glad she has finally debuted, her voice is amazing! Been listening to "heaven" nonstop! I have a good feeling that she will be big in Korea! :)

Guest nightmare.

The new solo female singer, Ailee turns out to be having a splendid past history.

Last Year's MBC Chuseok Special Programs 'Singer and Trainee' participant, Ailee who appeared with outstanding skills has participated in US NBC Talk Show “Maury Show” in 2008.

“Maury Show’ is the number 1 female talk show programs chosen by viewers of politics, society, and covers a variety of fields, including entertainment. The participants with diverse talents appear to show their skills and the winner will be decided through online voting. Ailee, who was 18 at the time, was in the second place after performing Rihanna’s song, “Unfaithful”.

Not only Rihanna’s songs, Ailee also has covered the songs from other famous female singers such as Mariah Carey and Beyonce. Before her debut, she was a youtube star and many people were looking forward for her debut.

Ailee who came from New Jersey is now taking 3 years leave of absence from her university, Pace University. She has been receiving attention for her not-rookie-like stage manner and vocal abilities.

Meanwhile, Ailee released her debut single ‘Heaven’ on February 9th 2012 and also is currently starring in KBS 2TV Drama ‘Dream High’.

Source : Newsen

Translated by : scatterbrained@AngelicAilee

Please take out with credits. Thank you! :-)

Rookie singer, Ailee had a successful debut

Ailee debuted on the 12th of February broadcast of SBS Inkigayo with her title track ‘Heaven’.

Ailee who was dressed elegantly with white outfit presented a great stage with her not-rookie-like deep voice and stage manner which managed to caught the viewers’ attention. The intense choreography did not affect her voice.

Ailee who appears on KBS ‘Dream High 2’ has received attention from a lot of people since her appearance on MBC Chuseok Special Program ‘Singer and Trainee’.

The netizens praised Ailee for her great performance. “You’re not a rookie” “Cute. You are good at singing” “The stage was great~” “Today’s Inkigayo was fun”

Source: star.mk.co.kr

Translated by: scatterbrained@AngelicAilee

Please take out with credits. Thank you! :-)

Ailee - EXID, Can They Jump Higher Than Their Teachers?

In the music industry, it’s no longer strange for the composer or singer to be involved in producing singer. MBLAQ, Teen Top, as well as Stellar, Brave Girls, Electroboyz, Block B, and My Name who are active these days are produced by Rain, Shinhwa’s Andy and Eric, Brave Brothers, Cho PD, and Hwanhee.

When they first debuted, they might receive the attention because of their producers. However, whether they can survive or not in the music industry is entirely based on their talents and skills.

Taking this risk, in February 2012, a disciple of Wheesung and girl group created by the composer Shinsadong Tiger, EXID will enter the music industry.

Ailee made her debut on February 9th with her title track “Heaven”. She performed on TV Cable and music programs. Currently, ‘Heaven’ tops the various music charts.

‘Heaven’ was produced by Wheesung who also wrote the lyrics. This song has dreamy melody combined with magnificent drum sound which also showing off Ailee’s explosive vocals to make the listeners enjoy the song.

Ailee appeared on last year’s MBC Chuseok Special Programs “Singer and Trainee”, received praises from the judges who recognized her skills. She is also currently filming KBS2 Drama “Dream High 2” playing the character with the same name, Ailee.

Source : Segye

Translated by : scatterbrained@AngelicAilee

* I did not translate the part about EXID

Guest YamapiFaN!

Ailee Schedule

16 - Dream High 2 Recording

17 - KBS Music Bank

18 - MBC Music Core

19 - SBS Inkigayo

21 - Recording MBC Beautiful Concert

22 - JTBC Music On Top, Recording Arirang Wake-K

25 - Kbs Love Request

28 - Recording KBS You Hee-Yeol's Sketchbook

I know this might sound stupid because on her youtube channel her description says she's Korean-American, but is she mixed? She just doesn't look like she's full Korean to me. Maybe it's just me.

However, I love her new song. It's been on replay. Can't wait to see her on this week music shows ^_^

Archived