Ailee (에일리)

dreamerism

^ I'd love to see Ailee sing 'Hello To Myself' with Yeeun too. I was hoping to see a random performance of her singing the song in the drama but I guess not. It'd be a amazing to see two powerhouses have a duet with each other.

Anyways, two old but recently uploaded radio performances to share! Ailee covered 2NE1's Lonely and Jennifer Hudson's One Night Only (again)

Words cannot describe how much I love her voice. Her one night only performance gets me every time and it's just so amazing. I can't wait for her to make a comeback!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ailee super fan excited to meet Lee Hyori

Singer Ailee confessed to being a huge fan of Lee Hyori.

On the April 8th installment of SBS’ ‘Jung Jae Hyung and Lee Hyori’s You & I’, singer Ailee was one of the guests for the day. Ailee showed off her beautiful singing voice on stage but also showed a zany side to her bringing laughter to the set.

Ailee was explaining in detail about how she became a singer. But then when Jung Jae Hyung mentioned, “I heard that you’re a fan of (Lee) Hyori’s” her demeanor changed. Ailee suddenly started to scream and brightly smiled at the mention of Lee Hyori.

Ailee said to Lee Hyori, “You are so beautiful. I was a Fin.K.L fan since I was young” then she sang Fin.K.L’s ‘Forever Love’ and made Lee Hyori proud. Ailee also drew the eyes reinterpreting Lee Hyori’s song ‘Hey Mr. Big’ R & B style. Ailee was completely transformed anytime she was performing drawing compliments that, “The level of engagement is so great.”

When she was told to talk to Lee Hyori about any worries, Ailee called Lee Hyori immediately, then she asked, “Is it ok if I call you unnie?” When Lee Hyori gave the ok, Ailee looked happy with a big smile on her face and shared that she has pressures about the next song.

Lee Hyori also shared, “When ’10 Minutes’ became a big hit, there was a lot of anticipation on the next song for me too. So I worked even harder” and heard some friendly boos.

Lee Hyori added a word of advice saying, “Since (Ailee) first showed a goddess-like ways, then maybe next time you should show something different like a charismatic side or sexy side. People who really sing well sing a lot of ballads but I think it would be cool if you dance powerfully too like Beyoncé or Rihanna.”

Source: TV Report via Nate

source: kpopfever

^ She's seriously the cutest thing ever. I can't wait to see her cover of Mr. Big

^ AMEN TO THAT. +1 for "cutest thing ever" ^^

Ailee suddenly started to scream and brightly smiled at the mention of Lee Hyori.
Oh man, I can totally imagine that xDDD Can't wait to see the episode, it's so nice to see that Ailee gets to meet an artist she is a fan of, and so early too!! I think it took Taeyeon a while into her career as the lead singer of SNSD before she got to meet BoA. So a BIG congratulations to Ailee from me :D and thanks for sharing too!!

^ AMEN TO THAT. +1 for "cutest thing ever" ^^

Oh man, I can totally imagine that xDDD Can't wait to see the episode, it's so nice to see that Ailee gets to meet an artist she is a fan of, and so early too!! I think it took Taeyeon a while into her career as the lead singer of SNSD before she got to meet BoA. So a BIG congratulations to Ailee from me :D and thanks for sharing too!!

Omg I know right? She's super adorable and its so cute of her to fan girl like that in front of Hyori. Im seriously looking forward to the episode! I think it aired already and Im hoping others would upload it on youtube soon! :)

Ailee's been making a good name for herself too. Her song has been high on the charts since she debuted and it's such a great sign! Im so happy for her.

Guest random398249

Here are some clips of her and Jay Park from the recent Immortal Song episode: Jay & Ailee hugging, Jay vs Ailee

A lot of Jwalkerz like her, and are starting to ship them as Jailee. A bit strange as they've known each other for years and performed together in 2010 at Rutgers. I'm pretty sure Jay Park knows her from her youtube videos though, back in the day. They're both american so they seem to get along well!

The Second Hometown - Yun Soo-Il

cr. monmonSeason8

Feel free to start from the beginning if you wanna see funny cuts of her while waiting for her turn in the guest room.

Also, her opening pitch for the I-don't-watch-baseball so idk what team |D She also spoke like, a couple words in english.

I love her! Why didn't she win an award while promoting Heaven? :(

Aliee was extremely close to winning one time on Music Bank, but because she was up against Big Bang... Yeah, the results were obvious. But her debut single has been doing extremely well so it's not too bad that she didn't win.

Guest Yoyo

Ailee has been confirmed for Dream Concert!

Artists Lineup Changed for ‘2012 Dream Concert’

q68kV.jpg

The highly anticipated annual ‘Dream Concert’ has announced a change in lineup.

The artists who have cancelled their appearance at the concert are U-KISS, f(x), miss A and IU. The confirmed artists who are added at the ‘2012 Dream Concert’ are B1A4, Boyfriend, Davichi, Ailee, Rania, EXO-K and A Pink.

The annual concert has been an event that began in 1995 has been an iconic hallyu concert that helped spread the K-Pop wave all around the world.

source: kpopstarz

^ Yaaayyyy go Ailee!! I can't wait for her to perform, I hope she gets to interact with other performers and I hope we get to see news articles about it, if not fancams (I don't remember whether this is a show that people will upload on youtube... D; )

Looks like Ailee performed Light & Shadow (Patti Kim) again, as well as I Have Nothing (Whitney Houston) at 7080 Concert!! Omg she did so well ;_____; It's nice to see her on stage, aside from the weekly Immortal Song 2 performances. It seems that she'll be covering JYP's debut song, "Don't Leave Me" so look out for that!! In the meantime, here are the links to her 7080 Concert performances.

cr: the uploader, @heavenly_ailee for sharing the link and @aileeupdates for tweeting it

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aznpawa

Go Ailee! I love how she was born in America and yet she spoke Korean well enough to become a k-pop star! :) Makes me want to work harder!

Ailee also has such a powerful voice, I wonder if she took voice lessons.... beacause Ailee is the first person who I think sounds better live than in the recording!

Archived