The Great Soompi Debate: Who is/was the Least Convincing WGM Couple for you?

Guest lualm

I'm a devoted WGM viewer and my absolute most favorite couple is still Yongseo. Their relationship seemed so innocent and real. You could really see them both change throughout the year and they began to understand each other so so much. It was so fun to watch lol.

I think the least convincing couple would be Jangwoo and Eunjung. I don't feel a connection between them and why the heck do they have to have so much skinship? Hahaha I love the fact that they do but I think there's primarily a physical attraction in their relationship. Of course the other couples have a physical attraction but I also feel that spark. Whereas Jangwoo and Eunjung don't seem to have one.

&& I hope those first few posters realize what this thread is about lol

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a devoted WGM viewer and my absolute most favorite couple is still Yongseo. Their relationship seemed so innocent and real. You could really see them both change throughout the year and they began to understand each other so so much. It was so fun to watch lol.

I think the least convincing couple would be Jangwoo and Eunjung. I don't feel a connection between them and why the heck do they have to have so much skinship? Hahaha I love the fact that they do but I think there's primarily a physical attraction in their relationship. Of course the other couples have a physical attraction but I also feel that spark. Whereas Jangwoo and Eunjung don't seem to have one.

&& I hope those first few posters realize what this thread is about lol

I think maybe due to the fact that the earlier couples were very serious in their relationship and their series running more than a year (Adam/Yongseo/Nichkhun), the Production team decided temporary to cast in a 'fun' couple, whilst finding a better long term replacement.

I believe Eunjung deserve better guys like Nichkhun or Yonghwa than Jangwoo. Seems to me that Jangwoo wants to be in between her legs.

Guest 959animeasian

If speaking romantically, Jokwon and Gain.

Primarily because I don't think Jokwon sways that way.

They seem more like bestfriends.

Guest monkie2804

I can't really decide which one is the least convincing because there are quite many unconvincing couples in and outside the list given. But I can say one thing that, for me [only my opinion], Yonghwa x Seohyun, Andy x Solbi and Hyunjoong x Hwangbo are the more convincing ones [but I didn't watch all of the eps of all other couples, so don't take this too seriously]. I'm just saying they look convincing on screen, not implying that I believe they were dating.

IMO, the ones that seemed awkward to each other at first and slowly got to know each other are more convincing than those who immediately acted like they've been crazily in love for months/years or as if their partner was really THE ONE, especially for those couples who did not know each other that much before the show. I don't like the rushing skinship. That's why Yongseo is one of my favorite. Yes, they don't look "married". But they look the least like they are trying to just pull an act from some script [although I wouldn't deny the fact that it must be scripted to some extent]. Andy x Solbi is different. There wasn't really any awkward moment between them but they just had very different personality and were much older and more experienced. They also knew each other a bit more before that. But the emotion they showed was just so convincing, esp the emotional farewell at the end.

I did not watched YongSeo and Khuntoria couple, so i cant write anything about them.

From the couples that are left i vote for Jongboo because i did not feel the couple vibe from them, its more like a very good friend vibe. 

On a side note i find it funny how some people dont like Woojung couple that much because of the skinship haha i love it because of that, just like enrell posted, they are having fun ^^ if anything serious come of it then its ok and if not than if ok too =D For me they are one of the most realistic because they started of with a lot of physical attraction and now they are starting to learn more about each other. They meet each other mothers and everything . The biggest difference is that, like i wrote, because of the easy going/fun atmosphere, they are not as romantic and awkwardly cute but things tend to get more serious as the time passes. 

Guest reenFEEZ

uhh , the LEAST convincing couple is the HYUNJOONG-HWANGBO / lettuce couple blush.gif .. i don't think hyunjoong suit the variety show well ,, its not about their age gap , but ,when i watch their episode , i feel like hyunjoong just trying to be funny ,, and he look very awkward when he with hwangbo , LOL , but I LOVE HWANGBO tough  sweatingbullets.gif ..  XD

On a side note i find it funny how some people dont like Woojung couple that much because of the skinship haha i love it because of that, just like enrell posted, they are having fun ^^ if anything serious come of it then its ok and if not than if ok too =D For me they are one of the most realistic because they started of with a lot of physical attraction and now they are starting to learn more about each other. They meet each other mothers and everything . The biggest difference is that, like i wrote, because of the easy going/fun atmosphere, they are not as romantic and awkwardly cute but things tend to get more serious as the time passes. 

I think those fans of WGM expected much from Woojung couple (WC). They are brought in as replacement for Yongseo couple, so when the viewers watched them, they got this pang of disappointment. Both of them acted like its a 'no-string attached' relationship, like having a fling. So we could not blame them for not liking to watch WC. From this forum, one could see that their thread has only about 80+ pages, compared to Khuntoria, Yongseo and Teuksora couples (Season 3 couples)

Eunjung even said she was envious of Khuntoria couple because they took things slow. Nichkhun 'wooing' Victoria during their 'marriage'. 

So at the end of the day, which girls dont like to be wooed/swoon from their feet...

I think those fans of WGM expected much from Woojung couple (WC). They are brought in as replacement for Yongseo couple, so when the viewers watched them, they got this pang of disappointment. Both of them acted like its a 'no-string attached' relationship, like having a fling. So we could not blame them for not liking to watch WC. From this forum, one could see that their thread has only about 80+ pages, compared to Khuntoria, Yongseo and Teuksora couples (Season 3 couples)

Eunjung even said she was envious of Khuntoria couple because they took things slow. Nichkhun 'wooing' Victoria during their 'marriage'. 

So at the end of the day, which girls dont like to be wooed/swoon from their feet...

Yeah, i get that ^^

Thats why i wrote that i find funny because i thought that a change in the dynamic of at least one of the couples would please the fans. And i believe it was so in the beginning but now i see a lot of comments about how easygoing(in a bad note) Woojung are. After 3 seasons i find refreshing a couple of young ones that acted like young ones hahaha But it looks like things are getting more "serious". Woojung, in my eyes, are like a younger version of Brave Couple. They(WJ) are just not as romantic because of JW personality. He does small events from time to time instead of every episode or big events. In some way WJ also remind me of Ant Couple...but i dont know why XD

Yeah, i get that ^^

Thats why i wrote that i find funny because i thought that a change in the dynamic of at least one of the couples would please the fans. And i believe it was so in the beginning but now i see a lot of comments about how easygoing(in a bad note) Woojung are. After 3 seasons i find refreshing a couple of young ones that acted like young ones hahaha But it looks like things are getting more "serious". Woojung, in my eyes, are like a younger version of Brave Couple. They(WJ) are just not as romantic because of JW personality. He does small events from time to time instead of every episode or big events. In some way WJ also remind me of Ant Couple...but i dont know why XD

I wrote somewhere about this. Seems like its already the plans of the PD for this couple. One could see the couples before (Khuntoria, Yongseo and Adam) were very serious in their show. Not surprising though as their series lasted more than a year.

Having WJ in the show is like a temporary fix before they brought in someone bigger.

I wrote somewhere about this. Seems like its already the plans of the PD for this couple. One could see the couples before (Khuntoria, Yongseo and Adam) were very serious in their show. Not surprising though as their series lasted more than a year.

Having WJ in the show is like a temporary fix before they brought in someone bigger.

I thought the same but its been more than 8 months that they are married now, so i can see they going for a full year + one or two months and outside of the show, excluding Brave Couple they are the ones that keep more in touch. I cant confirm anything but i read about they celebrated their 200 anniversary and it was not even filmed(there is some pictures in their thread) and when JW invite EJ mother to a date is was his idea...again i cant confirm if any of this is really true XD

Honestly i can see WJ becoming real, just don't know if its a match made in heaven lol

I thought the same but its been more than 8 months that they are married now, so i can see they going for a full year + one or two months and outside of the show, excluding Brave Couple they are the ones that keep more in touch. I cant confirm anything but i read about they celebrated their 200 anniversary and it was not even filmed and when JW invite EJ mother to a date is was his idea...again i cant confirm if any of this is really true XD

Honestly i can see WJ becoming real, just don't know if its a match made in heaven lol

I read somewhere Leeteuk enlisting in June/July. So basically maybe WJ and TS would end then. The PD would bring in 2 new couples.

I think Eunjung deserves better. Dont know why i think she doesnt receive the respect as she should have get from JW.

I read somewhere Leeteuk enlisting in June/July. So basically maybe WJ and TS would end then. The PD would bring in 2 new couples.

I think Eunjung deserves better. Dont know why i think she doesnt receive the respect as she should have get from JW.

Really? I don't see JW being disrespectful towards her. EJ play hard to get but we can see she enjoys the skin ship as much as him, JW is just very out spoken about it hahaha JW is not a romantic guy so maybe his way may seen disrespectful/sexist.

Yep. I think Brave Couple will end in the second semester too, with DC and WJ. And we will have a season 4.

Really? I don't see JW being disrespectful towards her. EJ play hard to get but we can see she enjoys the skin ship as much as him, JW is just very out spoken about it hahaha JW is not a romantic guy so maybe his way may seen disrespectful/sexist.

Yep. I think Brave Couple will end in the second semester too, with DC and WJ. And we will have a season 4.

Hmmm, maybe i stopped watching them after ep 15. I felt that he doesnt want to know her as a person, likes & dislikes. Insisting that they go for camping trip although she is not those camping-type. Insisting to have intimate moments with her to the point of being disgusting. Its like that is what he thinks everytime he sees her.

For example, keep on insisting that she wears a bikini, although she doesnt feel comfortable about it. 'Hazing' her in the first episode etc etc. It may be good fun, but i myself would not do that to the person i like, to the point of embarassing her.

Maybe its me but i dont do things to do others if i dont want the same thing to happen to me.

Well, hopefully they bring in 'real-life couples' in the show. I for one like to see Gary of Running Man in it. w00t.gif

Hmmm, maybe i stopped watching them after ep 15. I felt that he doesnt want to know her as a person, likes & dislikes. Insisting that they go for camping trip although she is not those camping-type. Insisting to have intimate moments with her to the point of being disgusting. Its like that is what he thinks everytime he sees her.

For example, keep on insisting that she wears a bikini, although she doesnt feel comfortable about it. 'Hazing' her in the first episode etc etc. It may be good fun, but i myself would not do that to the person i like, to the point of embarassing her.

Maybe its me but i dont do things to do others if i dont want the same thing to happen to me.

Well, hopefully they bring in 'real-life couples' in the show. I for one like to see Gary of Running Man in it. *quoted image*

Ah =0 you stoped watching to early so maybe thats why...you missed some romantic/getting to know the other person parts hehe well the haze is a tradition and in a episode they go out with their college friends and every single one, JW included is hazed.

I'm all support for Monday Couple in WGM hahaha last week episode was full of Monday Couple moments ^^ And i will stop here otherwise i would digress about it haha

Ah =0 you stoped watching to early so maybe thats why...you missed some romantic/getting to know the other person parts hehe well the haze is a tradition and in a episode they go out with their college friends and every single one, JW included is hazed.

well it was getting unbearable. after 15 episodes, i dont enjoy watching it and it make no sense to continue. maybe i have a high expectations, after watching yongseo and khuntoria, but its same thing in every episode, its like some western teen drama.

well it was getting unbearable. after 15 episodes, i dont enjoy watching it and it make no sense to continue. maybe i have a high expectations, after watching yongseo and khuntoria, but its same thing in every episode, its like some western teen drama.

And the reason i did not watched Khuntoria and Yongseo was because it was to slow past/boring for me hahaha season 2 i just watched Adam Couple because they develop in a nice past(i mean pace hehe) and had a great chemistry. TeukSo had a slow start but the awkwardness/cuteness is so much entertaining ^^ and next week they get their house and in the preview Sora looked much more relaxed, almost as if the awkwardness was gone ^^

Teen drama? Hum...yeah, i can see that hahahaha quoting Noh Hong Chul: "american style" lol

And the reason i did not watched Khuntoria and Yongseo was because it was to slow past/boring for me hahaha season 2 i just watched Adam Couple because they develop in a nice past and had a great chemistry. TeukSo had a slow start but the awkwardness/cuteness is so much entertaining ^^ and next week they get their house and in the preview Sora looked much more relaxed, almost as if the awkwardness was gone ^^

Teen drama? Hum...yeah, i can see that hahahaha quoting Noh Hong Chul: "american style" lol

Lol. Seems like you like to just jump into it, while i like to take it slow. LOL

Lol. Seems like you like to just jump into it, while i like to take it slow. LOL

Yes hahaha i like my tv shows to have a nice/not so slow pace hehehehe

Guest kentchunchan

For me the most convincing couple is Yonghaw & Seohyun

The least convincing couple for me is Leeteuk and Sora - although I love Leeteuk to bits!

Archived