The Great Soompi Debate: Who is/was the Least Convincing WGM Couple for you?

Guest lualm

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pnp_9x

I just watched 3 couple of season 2, so i think it is Nickhun-victoria

Sorry but I didn't feel any chemistry between them :))

Guest passingThru

WOW, you the reader...must have an awful lot of free time on your hands! Don't you think you have better things to do than having mindless discussion begining of 2012? LOL

Least convincing is Khuntoria even though they were such a sweet couple, and the Goguma Couple because it always seems that Seohyun is scared of opening up.

When Leeteuk enlists into the army around June/July and the couple leaves WGM, I think IU's schedule would've cleared up a bit because she would've wrapped up her Japanese promotions and such. IU and B2ST's Yoseob, anybody?

Oh and if they want to find a stronger couple, maybe try the Monday couple (Jihyo and Gary from Running Man). 

There, MBC. I gave you two amazing ideas. Now work on it. XD

i think the question is quite vague. the least convincing as a married couple? don't you think asking this question itself is quite illogical since the concept of the show itself is pretend married life. given the fact that they have never been married at all makes its more hard for the couple to portray a real marriage. lets put in the fact that these people barely know each other, makes it more complicate. 

so i think debating about this topic is quite unnecessary, since the question itself is vague and a fallacy. 

Guest Tainted21

Most Convincing: Yonghwa & Seohyun

oh my gosh, I'm absolutely head over heels with this couple.

If this couple was just acting or faking affections with each other then I wouldn't think so many people would have fallen for this couple. Yes, at first they are extremely awkward, skin ship was unheard of, and seohyun always had a small wall with her when being with yonghwa but as the series progresses you clearly see seohyun gradually take down her wall brick by brick and she opens up to yonghwa. And the moment when they hold hands it was such a monumental moment because it something that was built upon and you squeal with joy ( well thats what happened to me ) all the skinships they do are so meaningful and exciting because you knew both of them had to put in effort and time into getting comfortable with each other to get to that point; all their skinships weren't built over night.. it had to be built over time. For me I think thats better because for Victoria and Nickhun they kinda jumped into skinship rather quickly so it wasn't as meaningful.... at least for me.

I honestly think yonghwa & seohyun both left the show with genuine friendships if not they may have fallen for each other but of course no one can admit because of the industry they are in but, you never know what happens behind closed doors.

Yongseo couple forever!!! I love them so much and I cried so so hard at the ending...especially the part when seohyun tears up...I hope they are secretly dating!!! :)

Also, what I thought was so sweet and funny is that at the beginning seohyun was so in love and passionate about her sweet potatoes ( more than boys ) and then at the last episode when yonghwa asks How many sweet potatoes he is and she bluntly yells "Those stupid sweet potatoes" omg you can so tell she changed so much through the series ^-^

they convince me to watch WGM:

- ssangchu couple, hyun joong x hwangbo

- goguma couple, yong hwa x seohyun

- dimple couple, lee teuk x kang sora

the least in my list as i can't even finish watching all their episodes:

- khuntoria, nickhun x victoria

- woojung couple, jang woo x eunjung

Also, what I thought was so sweet and funny is that at the beginning seohyun was so in love and passionate about her sweet potatoes ( more than boys ) and then at the last episode when yonghwa asks How many sweet potatoes he is and she bluntly yells "Those stupid sweet potatoes" omg you can so tell she changed so much through the series ^-^

Too bad Seohyun is only 20. She still has long way to go, more guys to meet and more awards to win. Unfortunately for Yonghwa, I see him as only a memory for Seohyun. She will definitely remembers him for all the stuffs that he has done for her but for her to go 'somewhere' with him IRL is farfetched. She is still very ambitious and i dont think she would jeopardise her career for a guy.

To quote Jae Suk in his shows, "the relationship wont go far"

Guest panda84

Everyone who watched the show has the own bias couple so it's really hard to say :P

I myself didn't watch the whole program from Season 1 to 3, in fact, I didn't watch SS1 at all. SO, whatever I say here, is based on the couples I watched (completed or not). Before I continue, I don't deny Adam Couple is my favourite, but they are not the first couple I've watched.

Top Down, From Least Convincing to Most Convincing

- Woojung

- Khuntoria

- YongSeo

- TeukSora

- Brave Couple

- Adam Couple

I admitted that I didn't watch all eps of all couples but there's a reason for that, they are/were not convincing enough for me to keep watching. So .. base on the eps that I've watched of them. This is what i feel:

- Woojung: they progress too fast that i feel a bit uncomfortable watching them. Also, the fact that they appeared quite so many times together (in Zea MV, and now JW had been casted to Roly Poly musical) makes me feel like they are utilizing their "married" status now to the max. Other cpl has collabs too, but not as much and in short time as WJ. Maybe my intuition is wrong, but for this couple, i feel more like a business relationship rather then personal relationship.

- Khuntoria: before WJ, this is the couple i liked the least during SS2. The reason is also they progressed quite fast (but now WJ took the crown). Another was because for all their eps I've watched, they are just too sweet together, made me feel like watching a romantic movie without conflict more than a relationship development. After all, life is not always that peaceful and romantic.

- YongSeo: On contrary, Yongseo's progress was too slow and I fell as sleep quite a few times watching their eps. And why they couldn't convince me? On the number of eps I've watched, I felt the feeling was one-side, from Seohyun and then that feeling is also not strong enough because Seohyun always strikes me as career-oriented woman so for the time being, a relationship might not be on her priority list.

- TeukSora: still too early to judge, but the impression they gave me is better than the other 3 couples.

- Brave Couple: Actually, placing them on the 2nd MOST convincing couple, I'm still not sure. Partly because they are TOO familiar together. They have 18 years of history so I won't judge on how "fast" their progress is. But for me, they are friends for so long, and agree to be on such program without being awkward, that's already something. Who knows, they might really like each other and take advantage of this chance to express their feeling :)

- Adam Couple: This is my favourite Couple, so while you may argue that my bias-ness made me place them here, THE MOST CONVINCING COUPLE, I'd say they are my bias for a reason. They are not the first couple I've watched. I came across them by accident, they attracted me as "comedy" and yet, somewhere along the journey, I watched their growth, their development instead of just their comedic quarrels, or Kwon's kkap. They always reminded the viewer that "this is just a fake program" in their BRI, that shows their awareness, and yet, all the things they did for each other extended to even outside the show. And because they didn't just keep saying "I love you" (I wouldn't support them as much if they only kept saying this), they said "I'll always be here for you", "At the beginning, she's more like a noona for me, a sunbae-nim, but now I feel like she's someone needs to be in my arms" (Kwon) or "I'm not sure what kind of love it is, but I love you" (Gain). They don't define that they love each other, they are not sure themselves, but to them, the other party is important and because they expressed themselves truthfully like that, I do believe in their feeling for each other making them the MOST CONVINCING couple. And I do hope some years into the future, we can hear some good news about them.

Least convincing WGM couple for me is Yongseo.

Please note that it's not because I'm bias but...

I do watch Yongseo episodes before.

And I notice that their relationship is more of a dongsaeng-oppa relationship rather than in a romance relationship. 

Yongseo's progress seem stagnant at certain times. 

And I feel that they've different goals in life. I mean even the way they think is quite different. 

Well there's a reason for why they wrote "Banmal song".  I'm sure you guys know better than me. 

And it's known that Yonghwa actually prefers another member in SNSD than Seohyun. 

Most convincing WGM couple for me is ADAM COUPLE

Why? We have witnessed their growth over the 1 year and 3 months phrase and beyond.

Kwon especially, has matured a lot from a young lad to a mature husband that cares for Ga-in.

As the days goes by, I can see that Ga-in's smile is ahere to a woman being in a romance relationship. 

To me, their relationship is the most convincing relationship closest to a real couple in real life. 

I feel they care for each other, and they know each other very well. 

Their love for each other is not only restrictive in WGM, and also outside of WGM.

They complement each other. 

And most importantly, they are earnest and  truthful to each other.

2AM members and BEG members are also close to each other, just like Adams' Family. 

I love Adam Couple. 

Guest myonbab

can i say the least convincing would be taeyeon and hyungdon. hands down its them. hehe

hyungdon even has a girlfriend while in wgm with taeyeon.

most convincing: AC ♥

during wgm, offcam (fancam)

20uy72w.giftumblr_ln5mzz3jbf1qk33w0o1_400.gif

cr pics  oneday-everlasting

http://youtu.be/MPS-KIvtcNc

http://youtu.be/vp0dc2PSMZQ

after wgm : http://youtu.be/IIiJi9BlE98

after the hug,

tumblr_ls5051eRLX1qke2r3o1_250.gif

calming his nerves. ^^

Guest denise924

they convince me to watch WGM:

- ssangchu couple, hyun joong x hwangbo

- goguma couple, yong hwa x seohyun

- dimple couple, lee teuk x kang sora

the least in my list as i can't even finish watching all their episodes:

- khuntoria, nickhun x victoria

- woojung couple, jang woo x eunjung

same here....i got to finish the same set of couples! ssangchu  and goguma.

and didnt get to finish the same set of couples too.....i don't know but after several episodes of khuntoria, the spark just disappeared. as for woojung....at first i liked them but just like khuntoria, the spark and my interest to watch them just waned.

as for dimple couple...let's wait and see   :)

for me the least convincing to most convincing is

Yonghwa-Seohyun

Khuntoria

WooJung

Brave Couple

Adam Couple

For Yongseo.. they were excruciatingly slow for me.. and throughout the whole episodes of theirs..they indeed became closer..from extreme awkwardness to not too awkward.. But still, distant. They didn't convince me enough to portray "married couple"

As for Khuntoria... they were cute at the beginning... then it became too fast-paced.. and from the beginning till the end..I see no development from them as a couple.

WooJung... they have tons of skinships, yes.. they looked close to each other.. but Jangwoo's attitude..or should I say..pervert-ness.... leave an impression that he just want bodily relationship with EunJung.. she does deserves someone better :(

Brave Couple.. they already had 18 years history before joining wgm.. so since the beginning, they weren't awkward.... and as their episodes goes by, they grew more natural towards each other.. and Sohyun also said "since I'm being with you I'm getting weirder", implying to WonJun's childish behaviors.. LOL.. That's like a real couple should be..as they grew more attached, they'd develop the same habits and behaviors... They are much older too.. so instead of showing the viewers with too much high-school-like sweetness, they displayed the mature element of a married couple in their interaction...

as for the most convincing one...

- Adam Couple: This is my favourite Couple, so while you may argue that my bias-ness made me place them here, THE MOST CONVINCING COUPLE, I'd say they are my bias for a reason. They are not the first couple I've watched. I came across them by accident, they attracted me as "comedy" and yet, somewhere along the journey, I watched their growth, their development instead of just their comedic quarrels, or Kwon's kkap. They always reminded the viewer that "this is just a fake program" in their BRI, that shows their awareness, and yet, all the things they did for each other extended to even outside the show. And because they didn't just keep saying "I love you" (I wouldn't support them as much if they only kept saying this), they said "I'll always be here for you", "At the beginning, she's more like a noona for me, a sunbae-nim, but now I feel like she's someone needs to be in my arms" (Kwon) or "I'm not sure what kind of love it is, but I love you" (Gain). They don't define that they love each other, they are not sure themselves, but to them, the other party is important and because they expressed themselves truthfully like that, I do believe in their feeling for each other making them the MOST CONVINCING couple. And I do hope some years into the future, we can hear some good news about them.

I agreed with her for this. They are the most convincing because they showed development and changes during the show.. even if they kissed twice..it wasn't a sudden development.. and how they truly changed towards each other is what convinced me the most. One more thing, WGM is supposed to portray a MARRIAGE, with all ups and down.. hardships, adversities, and such, not only about being sweet and showed overboard skinships.. They portrayed this well..

Guest Tainted21

I'm telling you Yongseo couple is real !!! just watch this clip...even after a year yonghwa can't take his eyes off of seohyun ^^

Watch the whole clipp!!! it's worth watching if you love this couple :)

Yongseo

I'm telling you Yongseo couple is real !!! just watch this clip...even after a year yonghwa can't take his eyes off of seohyun ^^

Watch the whole clipp!!! it's worth watching if you love this couple :)

Yongseo

if that's all u need to be "most convincing couple"...

Moreover, with all these details

News

Dating

BEG winning

Link

Link

Troublemakers

Troublemakers ver 2.

Adam Couple must be expecting their child by now =]]]

Although Leeteuk-Sora is kinda unrealistically sweet for me, I think it's because Teuk is exerting TOO MUCH effort to please Sora. He does everything for her and I think he's being too extravagant (and quite arrogant) in doing so. But I don't think they're THAT FAKE. There is some genuine spark somewhere in there. :D I can feel it whenever Teuk looks at Sora lovingly for no reason.

Same goes for the YONGSEO couple. I'm not just saying this coz they're my bias... yes, they were extremely awkward at first... actually until towards the end... but I can understand that since Seohyun is not really an expert in these kind of stuff. She's simple awkward BY HERSELF. What more if it's with a fake husband? XD Yonghwa had some experience before but I think he still can't digest the reality of the situation. It's like he almost can't believe he's in a (fake) marriage with someone like Seohyun... I find them MORE realistic than Nichkhun and Victoria because there the sweet and romantic moments are spontaneous and NOT over the top. It's just right. They just do whatever comes to mind and it doesn't matter if it's not the right time or what.

I find the sugary sweetness between Nich and Victoria TOO FAKE... and nauseous. -.- sorry, just stating my opinion. Nich is a romantic guy to begin with... so I think it's natural for him to be sweet and gentleman. Victoria is just... I find her annoying. I don't know why. She's too... cutesy. The relationship between them is too trying hard and OA for me. Sorry. ^_^''

Guest Punklovgrl

I feel like I am the only one that believes in the WooJung couple. In fact those two and the Adam couple remind me the most of my own REAL marriage. Except the wandering eye that Jangwoo likes to do every now and again. Besides that he really seems to be smitten with Eunjung, the way his face lights up around her and on the Christmas special even wrote that he loved her drooling face the most, not many guys would say that. Then again he may be a better actor than I thought he was. (Not saying he is a bad actor, from what I've seen he is good) 

With the Adam Couple their funny bickering, the cute way they reacted to each other, and how much they obviously cared about each other was enough for me to believe. 

Khuntoria was a bit convincing to me as well, because one has lived in the states and the other has lived in a country where some PDA/skinship is not frowned upon. (though correct me if I am wrong) Though I agree some of their actions where a little too sweet or seem to be strongly an act. 

Sadly I couldn't get into the Yongseo couple and I really wanted to so I don't really know. 

Leeteuk and Sora I am not sure just yet, it's too early for me to tell but I do see attraction there.

The Lettuce couple I couldn't see as a real couple but they were entertaining, maybe just two people becoming close friends. 

Those were the only couples I really watched so I can't say anything about the others out there. However after watching the Christmas special I am curious about watching the Brave couple and looking for Kim Shin young's episodes even though it said it ended after ten weeks. 

So what you guys think of the recent news that all the current couples going to leave the show?

New couples would be from the dating events that Fighting Junior took part in.

I would rather have the Woonjung couple leave first than the rest.

Guest -yuoi-

enrell, lol, you like spreading your hating on Woojung on every page of this topic? And do you know why Woojung thread has only 80+ pages? Because we left it due to unfair treatment. 

Punklovgrl, you're not the one who love WooJung and believe in them. They're probably not the most popular couple out there but I know at least 2000 CC-rs, who religiously follow any news about this couple. 

I will say why they're the most convincing couple for me - because they act like any normal REAL couple: bickering, laughing, sexual tension. Because that's what I see in REAL life, every day. The way they communicate, sometimes it seems like they just read each other's minds. And I would rather have relationship like this than awkwardness during long period of time. I dont know how real they are in life, but all fanaccounts, and Jangwoo's interviews just tell me that it wont be easy for JangWoo and Eunjung simply leave each other. (For those who dont follow their news there was interview of Jangwoo where he revealed that they're texting to each other about kiss/love/bed scenes they have in their respective dramas >.< how close you have to be to share information like this?)

I can't say who is the least convincing couple on WGM for me. Maybe, Hyundon/Saori? Lol, I've just started to watch Season 1, and just cant watch  them.. always skipping their parts xD I tried to watch all couples from Episode 2 and 3 and believe that every couple developed some feelings, one couple more, one less. 

Archived