The Great Soompi Debate: Who is/was the Least Convincing WGM Couple for you?

Guest lualm

enrell, lol, you like spreading your hating on Woojung on every page of this topic? And do you know why Woojung thread has only 80+ pages? Because we left it due to unfair treatment. 

i left my hating of Woojung on every page of this topic?

lol..did i really do that?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Punklovgrl

-Yuoi- Glad to see that I am not the only one, I will admit I didn't read all the pages here but what I was mostly reading many people didn't think they were convincing. Exactly what I was thinking, they act like any couple I have seen out there and like I said in my previous post like my own marriage. I also tend to not watch the couples that are awkward for long periods of time. (Though I tend to be awkward myself, not with my husband that is) I don't like the idea of them leaving so soon, they haven't even gotten their wedding shoot. ( I was really looking forward to that episode(s).

I couldn't watch anything with Hyun Don as a main he just grates my nerves. (No offense intended to those who like him, that's just my own opinion)</h3>

I think i'm the only one that liked Hyun Don hahaha His marriage with Saori was funny to see it, specially when he tried to copy Alex. And the marriage with Taeyeon was nice! They were a great match comic wise hahaha The same sense of humor with the childish pranks hahaha very entertain to watch, very funny ^^

And his character as the "brother in law" with the other couples of Season 1 was funny too hahaha

Guest aigoopi

Least convincing I say the Adams, because Jokwon, as someone earlier pointed out, doesn't "sway" that way. Please don't bash me. And most convincing ... Yongseo, definitely.Of ALL the couples, I'd say Junjin and Si Young, the Gundam Couple, because they really hooked up afterwards, even if only for six months. ;)

Finally going to comment something here..for me I don't have the least convincing couple. Instead I am gonna chose the most convincing couple.

First couple that I watched is adam and I totally fall into the charm of adams. At that time I think out of the three couple they are the most comfortable with each other.

so when they ended I watch the 3rd season for eunjung. When I knew that the husband wasn't kim so hyun, I was partly disappointed but after watching the first episode I totally feels that they are match made just like how adam fit into each other perfectly.

I understand what you guys meant by being touchy . Personally I think jo kwon and jangwoo are same in some way. both of them like skinship a lot but jokwon is younger so he feels intimidated. But jangwoo is older and he dares to do it. Jokwon too ask for back hug and stuff but why doesn't anyone says him? Just because jangwoo says it out and he manages to do it, you guys call him pervert? Isn't that being a little unfair?

For me I have watch adam and woojung, I feel woojung is a higher level of relationship for me. Adam gives me a feeling of dating instead of being married but woojung gives me a newly wedded couple feeling. As for brave couple, they seems like they have been married for years..

So that's it. My two pinch of salt comment is here. Btw, the woojung thread is dead because we have our own website. The admin here its being too strict stop we decide to leave. I hope that people can stop misunderstanding woojung couple in a bad way.

Guest liliz76

Least convincing : Yonghwa & Seohyun, because they're very awkward around each other.

Most : Jo kwon & Ga In because ahaha .. everyone now that :phew: !

" Ohhhh and yeah, even after WGM , Jokwon upload a lot picture of him and Ga In, ( and many news about them, rumor too ! ) etc.....

so even if you don't like Adam Couple no one can said they fails in portraying husband and wife ! "

Guest orchid81

Least convincing: Adam

Though I enjoyed watching their episodes, Jo Kwon did not convince me that he was Gain's husband or boyfriend in the show. His gestures and facial expressions were so girlish (NO OFFENSE. It's just my personal opinion. I'm really sorry to say this).

Guest loybing

Definitely YONGSEO couple is the most convincing to me...from awkwardness to closeness. it was really a journey for the both of them. I'll always Love YONGSEO!

Enrell's summary is quite good, altho I also disagree with some points.

Anyway, I think this thread runs the risk of becoming an anti thread. Altho I feel very compelled to comment, I am telling myself not to. I did not watch season 1 so I cant comment on those couples. As for season 2, I think most of the couples try their best to have their relationship work out, otherwise how are you going to see each other regularly for a year?

Among the season 2 couples, Lee teuk and sora is very new and they need to be given time to work things out. As for the rest, there is one couple that I am not convinced since day 1 but I am not going to mention who, to avoid quarrels here. In any case, I dont think the producers expect us to like every couple, thats why they have 3 on the show at any one point.

Enrell's summary is quite good, altho I also disagree with some points.

Anyway, I think this thread runs the risk of becoming an anti thread. Altho I feel very compelled to comment, I am telling myself not to. I did not watch season 1 so I cant comment on those couples. As for season 2, I think most of the couples try their best to have their relationship work out, otherwise how are you going to see each other regularly for a year?

Among the season 2 couples, Lee teuk and sora is very new and they need to be given time to work things out. As for the rest, there is one couple that I am not convinced since day 1 but I am not going to mention who, to avoid quarrels here. In any case, I dont think the producers expect us to like every couple, thats why they have 3 on the show at any one point.

Hi there

Please share your views on this. You do not have to worry about having it perceived as being an anti-post. Take this as a mature discussion. You can disagree on views given but at least tell us why.

I know that sometimes the general supporters may view my post as biased towards a couple but like i said, this is my view and this is what i perceived it to be.

To summarise, this is a public forum. As long you do not personally attacked the other party, i do not think it would be a problem. Like what the thread-starter said, just state which couples and give a reason why.

Guest ma.cherie

What happened to the other couples? Kim Shin Young and that guy she was with.. meh. Not relaly marriage-like. Neither was Taeyeon and Jung Hyung Don.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bbymishello

I dunno about you guys but I believe Woojung couple is the most convincing :)

Just because Lee Jang Woo is a bit too open about 'stuff' doesn't mean he's a pervert or its bad. He's just honest about these things and I think its adorable and hilarious! They seem more like a real couple that have met each others mothers, get jealous and fight like a married couple. And not to mention that they both love the skinship.. obviously something there ;)

I love this couple! They're so cute and he may not be the most romantic guy but its a break from the lovey dovey fake WGM couples.. He prepared so much for her birthday too, she got the biggest cake! And those headphones he got her apparently took him a month to put those diamonds on it.. dedication much?

And if you guys haven't seen, they both wear the same couple bracelet which wasn't shown on WGM, but some fans noticed it :)

Woojung has chemistry in them and when you watch them you can feel it, they feel like a REAL newly wedded couple. The way jang woo looks at Eunjung and he really does care for her but he just likes to joke around.. who doesn't like a little bit of fun? ;D

In that christmas/new year special he chose the wrong hand and afterwards you could tell he was so sad and sorry towards Eunjung!

ahh so much to say about these two but yeah ^^ i made my point haha..

Guest Kskano713

As much as I loved Kim Hyun Joong and Hwang Bo, I have to say they were the least convincing WGM Couple. To be truthful, they were one of the first WGM couples I have watched. I can't say I have watched ALL of the couples (though I did watch quite a few: Andy&Solbi, Alex&Shinae, Goguma, Dimples, CrownJ&In Young, HyungDon&Saori, and Khuntoria). While others had this... budding romance feeling, especially with Andy&Solbi, Alex&Shinae, Goguma, DImples, and Khuntoria, others felt... too stressed. I think Hyun Joong and Hwang Bo are friends... but nothing more. I think that the age gap was too much for any romance (not talking for all couples, but just this one) between them. They work GREAT as friends, don't get me wrong, but it feels too much like a kid and his noona. Anyways, that's just my opinion. :)

this is really soompi's great debate. imagine each WGM couple shippers defending their biases or trampling others' biases. oopss..let's not forget the reminders at the first page. let us all be good sports. :D

i am a YONGSEO shipper, having said that, i will leave my bias aside and be objective.

so the question is, who is the LEAST convincing MARRIED couple...

yes, because we are talking about being "married", not dating, not bf-gf, not engaged couple, but "married couple". that's why even though I am yongseo biased, I love yongseo, and would love to see yongseo to be for real, they are one of the least convincing MARRIED couples for me.

if you have watched all the WGM couples, from Season 1 to 3, you would say that at one point or another they have all been unconvincing except for the real life couple - Kim Yong Jun & Hwang Jung Eum - BUT they all TRIED to convince us. And for me, the couples who tried harder to be married couples are the ones that I least buy. And I think these are the Season 2 couples - they are awkward, too friendly, then sweet, like a scripted love story. They are too good to be true (esp. Nickhun-Victoria). Maybe because they are idols and needs to be perfect in our eyes. The Season 1 couples, especially the first ones are older than the 2nd season couples, so they are not afraid to show their candid personalities, so if they clash as couples, that is more convincing for me - just watch the Ant Couple - they quarreled endlessly but, man, the making up - you'll feel the sexy vibe between them.

And then came the Adam Couple. They were almost the Ant Couple when they quarrel because I perceived Ga-In to be an honest and candid person but as 959animeasian said, JoKwon doesn't "sway" that way. And that's the reason they are the least convincing MARRIED couple for me. Don't get me wrong. They are sweet and funny. I love watching them. Gain surprises me. JoKwon surprises me more. They entertained me a lot. BUT they are the least convincing married couple because they made me laugh so hard and forgot that this show was about being married. The romance and giddiness was left out. Marriage should be about enjoying things together, quarreling but kissing and making up later, and that for me is the ANT couple. They may not be my favorite, there were times when it was painful for me to watch the wife shouting at his husband, but they convinced me that they lived a MARRIED life.

If the question was which WGM couple you least enjoyed watching and why, then my answer would be entirely different.

And just commenting on the Woojung couple, I would like to think that JangWoo is not a pervert but a "normal" young guy who wants to hug and kiss his gf or wife. I think half of Korean men, and half of the entire 20something male population of the world are like him. He is just not afraid to be touchy because he is not an Idol but an actor. In real life for me, he is manly! And Eunjung is just acting accordingly, coyly, yet still sexy and cute. :)

I Can't choose! because i haven't watch WGM latest season.

Instead of least convincing, this is my list of most convincing.

mine was always the couples in the very first season. i can't choose :P

ALEX-SHINAE is the most romantic couple ever in WGM history.

ANDY-SOLBI is the cutest couple ever in WGM history.

HWANGBO-HYUNJOONG is the funniest couple ever in WGM history.

INYOUNG-CROWN J is the coolest couple ever in WGM history.

I haven't watch the latest season so i don't know about the recent couples.

I'm hoping the producer will make a reunion for the first season couples! (tho i know some of them are married)

-just my opinion kayy (;

I Can't choose! because i haven't watch WGM latest season.

Instead of least convincing, this is my list of most convincing.

mine was always the couples in the very first season. i can't choose :P

ALEX-SHINAE is the most romantic couple ever in WGM history.

ANDY-SOLBI is the cutest couple ever in WGM history.

HWANGBO-HYUNJOONG is the funniest couple ever in WGM history.

INYOUNG-CROWN J is the coolest couple ever in WGM history.

I haven't watch the latest season so i don't know about the recent couples.

I'm hoping the producer will make a reunion for the first season couples! (tho i know some of them are married)

-just my opinion kayy (;

season 1 couples are truly unique in their own way..you dont need to watch couple cuts for that season...

some of them are married? i know know shin ae is married..but its kinda funny that after leaving the show, she got married abt 6 months later to a family friend.. mmmmmmmmm ...

Guest take-chan

I watched all the 3 seasons except for Brave couples.

but it seems to me that yongseo couple is the least convincing from all 3 seasons..

they are more like friends in the same entertainment world than a married couple..

in my opinion, marriage is not just about look like a friend, but has to act like one..

there'll be happy, fun, teasing, sad, skinship, flirting, jealous, caring, opening heart and fighting moments..

For casts in Season 1 including JoongBo, they had all experienced the moments mentioned above..

they're so sincere to each other.. and the wives really cared about their husbands' condition and thoughts, vice versa..

But for YongSeo, i can't see most of the moments because they're so careful around each other..

(even though i'm very interested with this couple from the start)..

And like Jokwon mentioned if i'm not mistaken:

"It's hard NOT to fall in love in WGM"

and i agreed so much with that statement!

all of this are from my observation throughout all the seasons though, so no hard feelings okay.. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Personally,

Least convincing: YongSeo

Anyone who watched Heartstrings and You're beautiful BTS can see why. Yong is a touchy guy around Park Shin Hye. And the way he looked at her .... you can't see it in WGM.

YongSeo seem more like friends who got to understand more about each other and just help each other out through the show. They got closer and less awkward but... they always be careful around each other. Like they don't have many things in common....

They were pretty awkward when they performed in Japan last time that I was scared if my OTP be like that if the see each other again... ( Lucky that Khuntoria were still themselves when they MCed)

Maybe I was a YB addict before so I have seen a more relax and flirty Yong way before WGM, so I just don't see he was into Seo romantically for me

Most convincing: Khuntoria

They are comfortable and understand each other so well....

I don't get why people don't like them. People really fail to look at individual circumstances, right?

They are fast? What? They took a year to have their first kiss!!!!

They have skin ship too early? Oh we can't help it. Khun grew up in foreign countries while Vic is not that young anymore. She has been in a 2 years relationship. So do you expect her to act innocent like Seo?

They are too sweet and cheesy?!?! haha Well Khun is known for a sweet perfect cheesy guy of 2PM. And he is a thoughtful guy too- that's how he got the nickname "grandfa". Vic might not be as known as a sweetest person like Khun, but she is the Umma that take care all the f(x) girls who are 7,8 years younger than her. Even the little ice princess like Krystal cant help but help her a lot ( if you are into f(x), you would know that Krys really doesn't give a damn most of the time, but she really loves Vic). Besides that Vic has the most male friends in SM, and most of them don't hang out with many girls like Kyu, ChangMin, Wook,Minho Zhowmi (?).... So she must be a naturally sweet and special girl, right?

I mean they are sweet and nice to everyone, not just only in the show.... It's just sweeter when they are together because they understand each other because both have to live away from home and work hard to achieve where they at. The stares, the looks, the cares, the love that they has in the show, how cant you fake that? And please don't forget, unlike other couple, Khun requested Vic to be his wife. So he already liked her before the show started -HE WANTED HER_, when other had no feeling in the beginning. Khuntoria is really different from other WGM. I got so attached to them even in the beginning I didnt know who they were and the chemistry got me in right in the start.

Just because you are not as sweet or you have never been in a great relationship, it doesn't give you the right to call a sweet couple is fake.

Oh, Khuntoria is not perfect. They might look perfect but...Khun is a really pabo in this relationship. The guy might be polite and sweet but he doesn't understand woman at all. He has ruined his perfect image for the show.... but he is persistent, willing to work hard and learn. On another hand, Vic.... can be silly, childish and spoiled girl around Khun.. even she is the thoughtful and mature mom of the group in reality. I was shock the first time when she had that princess pout in Thailand. Only Khun can bring that side of her out... They are at ease and understand each other well. Isn't that usually how love begins?

• 2 months later...
Guest happygal2011

Kim Hyung Jong and Hwang Bo were like brother and sister (probably their age gap) so it was alittle awkward for both of them I supposed.

I love Nick and Vic as couple...they are like ...woah...spontaneous....

Guest heartbreak_warfare22

I have watched every season of WGM. the topic here is least convincing WGM couple. the topic very subjective, but I would like to rationalize some points that I have read here. I'd like this post to be somewhat more objective.

but first:basing one's personality in a drama is very different from how one really acts in real life. I believe Kang Sora said something like this when Teuk interviewed her. she said that her personality in real life is close to what is seen in WGM. 

I am a YongSeo Shipper. I do not hate other couples except for the one with Hyungdon on it, but I do love Taeyeon. 

I am a YongSeo Shipper. always have, always will be. comparing Yonghwa's personality on YB and HS, how he is very "touchy" with PSH and what we saw on WGM with Seohyun is something you cannot compare. YB is a drama. he is supposed to be that way with PSH because its Shinwoo's or Lee Shin's character that  Yonghwa needs to portray. I believe what we saw with Yonghwa on WGM is really close to his true personality. this opinion is based on what other CNBlue members said about Yonghwa on other interviews, also in the show "Making the Artist: CNBlue". I believe what YongSeo showed us in WGM are their true selves, which made them convincing as a couple, at least with me. other couples are also convincing in their own way, but YongSeo gave a fresh feeling about WGM. I cannot put it in exact words.

other WGM couples are convincing in their own right. they are convincing based on the couple's personality. another example would be Adam couple. they are convincing because if you watch other shows with Kwon or GaIn, they really act like the way they normally would in WGM. sure they are playful and fight alot, but that's what their real selves are. this is also the same with Ant couple.<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

so for me Least Convicing: the one with HyungDon on it, the one with Lee Hwijae on it, Killer Couple (but not to the extent as with HyungDon)

Most Convincing: YongSeo, Adam, Ant, Gundam, 

Archived