[Drama 2012] Love Rain / Love Rides the Rain 사랑비

s@nbi

Guest prettyoungthing

@nus711 - What specific international drama sites?

Love Rain is featured in:

- Dramafever; Dramacrazy; Kinchidrama; Asian-drama.org ....

As for international market:

In Asia, its copyrights has been sold to Japan. Likewise, one of the leading broadcasting company in the Philippines also got its rights. As far as China, HK, Taiwan, SG, Malaysia and other Asian Countries, i believe it has already been sold.

Now to the other part of the International Market (western) that is a different story.

Distinction should be made as far as its success. Though clearly its not doing good in Korea, but this cannot be said internationally. Most of its positive reviews comes from INTERNATIONAL viewers rather than from Korea, clearly it is gaining a large amount of followers through online viewing and streaming.

In my country, we patronized a drama not because of the stars but clearly with the substance and entertainment value that particular drama has to offer.

Lest it not be forgotten that it is a fact that there were many high-profile K-Dramas starred in by high-profiled actors and actresses which didn't received a warm reception from the viewers.

==========================================================================

Why Love Rain is not getting the ratings it is expected to get has been explained before and there were so many factors considered, and never was it directed to its lead stars, especially YoonA.

After going through Episodes 5-7, i guess YoonA's acting cannot be questioned anymore. She has been consistent, stable, and impressive in giving life to HANA.

Lastly, those who commented that: "They wouldn't watch it because of YoonA!" Are they even relevant enough in the rating system? Are they Koreans and/or living in Korea? Because IF NOT, then THEY don't matter at all.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest allstarry

Actually when koreans know this drama is aim for international markets, especially Japan...they will antis this drama from the bottom of their heart...sign~

hmm.. I starting to think this is the main reason of the poor ratings going on. I've seen dramas which have more simple, plain, slow-paced, worse storyline than Love Rain yet they got better ratings. LR is a well-made but like many of you said, they seem to care about Japan/International markets more than Korea, their motherland. Beside JGS fans, Yoona fans, Eels, SONEs, I don't think general public care about it much, don't even want to give it a try :( i'm actually ok with low ratings now, as long as the leads receive good review on their performance from critics... so it's just ok :) however i still wish more people would watch it, not because of the ratings but because it's a really good drama.

Guest samgirl

Infact the two well made dramas i am watching arent doing well in ratings. But that doesnt mean it is not worth seeing. I love king 2 hearts and love rain , they have beautiful cinematography and wonderful casts. So dont be dis heartened , ratings are just numbers in the long run it will be better to be remembered starring in a quality drama than a what you can call "fad" drama.

Guest jdkk09

The scene with her sunbae and her confession was very sad.  I think he likes her.  You can't tell me he didn't know she cared for him.  They spent all that time studying together in Japan and it never came up he had a fiancee.  

Also the scene when InHa and YoonHee meet, when he's racing down the street following her from the other side.  You could definitely feel his emotions at the end when he removed his glasses and said , "is it you?'

Beautiful episode, really well done.  

@nus711 - What specific international drama sites?

Love Rain is featured in:

- Dramafever; Dramacrazy; Kinchidrama; Asian-drama.org ....

As for international market:

In Asia, its copyrights has been sold to Japan. Likewise, one of the leading broadcasting company in the Philippines also got its rights. As far as China, HK, Taiwan, SG, Malaysia and other Asian Countries, i believe it has already been sold.

Now to the other part of the International Market (western) that is a different story.

Distinction should be made as far as its success. Though clearly its not doing good in Korea, but this cannot be said internationally. Most of its positive reviews comes from INTERNATIONAL viewers rather than from Korea, clearly it is gaining a large amount of followers through online viewing and streaming.

In my country, we patronized a drama not because of the stars but clearly with the substance and entertainment value that particular drama has to offer.

Lest it not be forgotten that it is a fact that there were many high-profile K-Dramas starred in by high-profiled actors and actresses which didn't received a warm reception from the viewers.

==========================================================================

Why Love Rain is not getting the ratings it is expected to get has been explained before and there were so many factors considered, and never was it directed to its lead stars, especially YoonA.

After going through Episodes 5-7, i guess YoonA's acting cannot be questioned anymore. She has been consistent, stable, and impressive in giving life to HANA.

Lastly, those who commented that: "They wouldn't watch it because of YoonA!" Are they even relevant enough in the rating system? Are they Koreans and/or living in Korea? Because IF NOT, then THEY don't matter at all.

Love Rain is definitely going to earn a lot of money. That is not the issue. I am aware of all the places they have sold the rights to. Love Rain will earn even more money when they start releasing all the photobooks, Love Rain related merchandise.

The reviews are good, because once people try to watch it they will understand the appeal but my concern is how many watched the dramas?

"it is a fact that there were many high-profile K-Dramas starred in by high-profiled actors and actresses which didn't received a warm reception from the viewers"

Yes, actors have little impact on ratings. I don't think people are saying that YoonA is the only reason that people are not watching in Korea. She is one of the reasons, just like JKS is one of the reasons( maybe more in Korea), PD Yoon is one of the reasons, the plot is one of the reasons, people seeing it as a Hallyu production that are make for the Japanese is one of the reasons etc.

International drama sites are not watching because of YoonA, yes there are definitely people doing that. Same as JKS, there are also people who also refuses to watch his dramas. Are they going to affect ratings, no. Is that an issue? To you, no. But to me, yes.

I am sure if you look around all major drama sites that discusses the drama, Love Rain is not getting much attention. Just to list a few, compare the number of Love Rain posts to other dramas in Soompi, it is definitely moving very slowly. Minus off EELs and SONEs, how many drama fans are constantly replying in this thread. Majority of the people posting are already fans of the leads. Some are drama fans but i am sure you can see that there aren't many. A lot of Chinese sites are also having the same issues. Dramabeans/Koala's Playground etc also has no recap etc. Because of the lack of recap, slow thread plus low ratings, it makes people more certain that this drama isn't good which is not true. Drama fans are different from diehard fans, majority of them only watch dramas based on ratings/recommendation.

Even though these drama fans watch on the internet, does not affect the ratings at all, it does not mean they are not important, at least to me. It will affect their popularity. Yes, they are already popular artistes, but i am sure if the drama is getting more love, they can gain more drama fans and not just hold on to their current fanbase. Yoochun is already very popular, but look at what Rooftop prince did? It help him gain more international fans.

I am never one too affected by ratings given that i like JKS. Although i will prefer the ratings to be better because i know the casts care. JKS does not have any hit dramas in Korea if he is the main lead. But at least You're Beautiful is getting the buzz and attention internationally. It has never been aired in a lot of countries but he can still have FMs around the world because people watch it from the internet. It is also because of this drama that helps him build up his current fanbase and allow him to travel around the world. Drama actors are different from idols. They seldom attend variety show and do not have songs that will keep them popular. One popular drama has a big impact on them. If it is not doing well in Korea, at least i will hope that it is generating buzz in forums. Sadly, Love Rain is not doing well in both areas. But since there is nothing i can do about ratings and whether people are watching it, this will be my last post that i touched on this subject

I’ve been lurking the forum since yesterday. Love Rain finally shown at KBS World yesterday.

I’ve to admit, earlier before it shown at KBS World, I’ve watched it in the internet and find the story very2x slow … I also think I won’t included this story in my list to watch.

But once I watched it again the episode in KBS World yesterday, I find myself captivated with the story

and cause me watching episode 5 & 6 yesterday even today is working day … :lol:

Hwaiting! LoveRain.

Sorry to say this. But I find news of the ratings sometimes effect my mood. I don’t know about others. Sometimes I feel is unnecessary to discuss or drag the issue about it as long as we like the story. In my opinion story is like a person. Probably I like this person A because bla …bla and a few of my friend also like A and A with me. But probably there also a few of my friend don’t like me with A. Each individual have it’s own reason, strength and weakness.

What have I talk about ..whatever … just two cents from me :)

Really dissapointed  that it has  low ratingfury.gif. Maybe the rating is not everything,but it definitely "a thing". I can't imagine how the PD and staff feel. I hope they still continue make a good movie.^ ^9

I'm used to be JGS fans, but that before he play in such a famous and cool character like in he's beautiful. I fell for his acting in Hong gil dong, and i stop watching his movie since he's beautiful. But now, i think i fall for him again. he is very good when play in ordinary character like in ha. I'm a woman, but i just feel like I fall in love with yoon hee too when i see in ha  ohmy.gif

And about yoona, I think she's much much better than her previous drama.

good actor and good movie are definitely  from great directorsleep.gif

i hope JGS and Yoona become big actor like PD's previous actor

Love Rain fighting!!

Btw, has anyone has the ep 7 engsub link?sweatingbullets.gif.thank you

Just watched the subbed episode 7 on viki

.... Hye Jung must have been married at least one more time after In Ha divorced her, maybe to spite In Ha. He mentioned during the car ride about her remarrying this someone who she has been meeting again ... she tried to trick In Ha into reconciling with her so that when In Ha finds out about Yoon Hee, it will be too late since they would have reconciled. She knows that In Ha is a very good person and will keep his promises ........

I am glad about her sunbae ... no love triangle, I guess... he is in an arranged marriage since he was very young.

Guest neeras

Hi Everyone,

Love Rain Episodes 5, 6 and 7 English Soft-Sub Subtitle are out.

loveRain.jpg

Love Rain Episodes 5-7 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4348-love-rain-2012/

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about

FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

Guest roseltv

I'm hooked on this drama and I hope more people would give this drama a chance. I have to say I'm not very fond of the first 4 eps, they are so slow and tiring. A movie with that concept is ok because movie is short but to extend that to 4 eps is a bit much. I skipped through most of ep 3 and 4 and go straight to ep 5. I like the modern time much better. I haven't watched YoonA's acting a lot but I think she does her best in this drama. She is not stiff and I cannot stop being mesmerized by her :P.I never thought YoonA was gorgeous and I still think she is not gorgeous but her beauty is unique. Her face is so bright and I just adore her expressions. I also like Hana's personalities a lot. She's not a pushover and I like how she handles Jun whenever he throws a fit. As for Jang Geun Suk, I have always liked him since Hwang Jin Yi. If you look pass his vanity (makeup/fashion), he's a good actor. I just hope he realizes that he looks good even without much makeup. All in all, I'm sold on this drama. I just hope the drama would not focus too much on the adult couple. Hope the ratings would improve soon.

I'm glad a lot of people are now watching Love Rain. Though it's not faring well in the ratings department it's undeniably a good drama.

Just watched the subbed episode 7 on viki

.... Hye Jung must have been married at least one more time after In Ha divorced her, maybe to spite In Ha. He mentioned during the car ride about her remarrying this someone who she has been meeting again ... she tried to trick In Ha into reconciling with her so that when In Ha finds out about Yoon Hee, it will be too late since they would have reconciled. She knows that In Ha is a very good person and will keep his promises ........

I am glad about her sunbae ... no love triangle, I guess... he is in an arranged marriage since he was very young.

Thanks for this, I was actually confused when people said that Tae Sung only considered Ha Na as a dongsaeng because in the earlier eps it was quite obvious that he liked her.Or am i the only one thinking that way? Considering he wanted to watch the Diamond Show with Ha Na (remember their friend telling them that if 2 people watch Diamond Show together they'll fall in love with each other?)

In Ha and Yoon Hee needs to get back together!Like seriously, if they don't end up together...That's just too painful... I'm still missing the 70's period with all the breath taking scenery...

Love Rain fighting!

Guest DorkDork

You know what everyone ? I think we should get pass the rating talks or why people wouldn't watch based on intl drama sites. I have learned one thing from previous experience. The world is as small as we want it to be or as big as we imagine it to be. The sites that don't cover the drama. They will probably never reach 0.1% of the audiences that do watch it through the TV when it eventually lands in their country.

For the rest of the drama, why don't we just concentrate on the drama itself rather than the ratings. There is so much to talk about the drama!!

Guest DorkDork

From Korea.com ARTICLE LINK

On ‘Love Rain,’ Jang Keun Suk kisses Yoona with love

20120417171733682.jpg

Actor Jang Keun Suk and SNSD’s Yoona, who appear on KBS’s Monday-Tuesday series Love Rain, are going to share a kiss.

Jang plays the role of a devilish photographer named Seo Joon and Yoona plays the role of optimistic girl Jung Ha Na. They have been playing hard-to-get in the series but they will finally share first sweet kiss.

Yoona and Jang start talking over a bottle. Like people say one often tells the truth when drunk, Yoona tells Jang her true feeling and Jang gives her a surprise kiss. The scene, which includes Jang and Yoona’s first kiss will make people’s hearts flutter.

In the 8th episode of the series, which will air on April 17, Jang will ask Yoona to start all over again. Jung Jin Young and Lee Mi Sook’s emotional embrace also made people eagerly anticipate the series.

All in all, I'm sold on this drama. I just hope the drama would not focus too much on the adult couple.

I am looking forward to Lee Mi-sook, myself. She now plays mostly mothers, but she still emits a much more feminine (and sexy) vibe than certain girl-group members I have seen recently in Wild Romance and Strongest K-Pop Survival.

Archived