[Drama 2012] Love Rain / Love Rides the Rain 사랑비

s@nbi

Having just seen episode 3, still somewhat processing it, but I'm still trying to figure out why Chang Mo hit In Ha. If anything Dong Wook should have been the one to feel 'wronged' by his friends actions. The action itself doesn't even fit with Chang Mo's laissez-faire personae so I'm at a loss as say he was standing up for Hye Jung's feelings but that speaks more about his own unwavering love for her and the subsequent rejection to acceptance of In Sook (as a runner-up girlfriend (that sounds terrible even as I'm writing it. To add I guess I should point out the scene where In Sook, Chang Mo, Hye Jung, and Dong Wook are talking about how they can't put all of the blame on In Ha when Hye Jung yells at Chang Mo In Sook gets defensive about it and he basically tells her to be quiet (this is probably a stretch but I'll have to see how things go in episode 4 before saying it's total rubbish))).

As for Dong Wook I don't really feel sorry for him. He basically forced himself into a relationship with Yoon Hee so I honestly was a bit mad when he asked how she could do such a thing to him. To be perfectly honestly they weren't in a relationship that long and by his own admission they hadn't even been on a date so him acting like that was a bit much (I'm repeating myself already it seems). To really kind of drive the point across you I'll just use a quote "The heart wants what the heart wants" and for someone who's pretty much a professed playboy (confirmed a few times over by now) it would be something he more than Chang Mo or any of his other friends would understand.

I'll probably add more once I let the rest of the episode process and/or when I get around to episode 4.

EDIT: I guess I'll revisit one of my previous comments regarding Chang Mo's outburst could be a result of him believing that his dream is being stolen/taken out from him but the more I think about it I can't really believe it. He's a talented musician and he has a nice singing voice so basically he capable of making it on his own. The only issue here is and I'm not trying to be mean or anything but out of the trio he's not exactly the most attractive fellow so riding the 'coattails' of two attractive and talented singer may have helped his chances at stardom. Unfortunately even as I'm writing this I don't really find this to be the case so I'm kind of stuck with the initial idea of being related to his own unrequited love for Hye Jung causing him act/overreact.

Oh yes that punch was quite a surprise to me as well. Chang Mo's feelings for Hye Jung is a huge part of the action. I also think it's a lot to do with how much Chang Mo had tried to protect both Dong Wook and In Ha. But overall it was definitely out of his character. Episode 4 might give more closure on how the friends interact with one another after In Ha's confession.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tessieroo ~ mind if i butt in

@sakki - not at all! Jump right in! biggrin.gif

@kswoppa - Those are 2 great reason that IH and JH probably end up divorced and I agree. I really hope that they don't turn JH into the typical "EVIL" character who pulls a nasty trick to get IH to marry her. dry.gif 

@quiescent - LOVE the pics of the older cast! Where did you find those? 

@jdkk09 - this is off topic so I"m going to put it under spoiler tags. 

my aunt said she had dozens of those gum-wrapper chains pinned to the bulletin board in her room as a teenager. laugh.gif Oh, and people would leave them on tables in the campus cafeteria so others could add to them? So you might have a chain that 100 different people added gum wrappers to in one day! Another little fun fact she told me- Hye Jung's hair. 

trouble.jpg

The little curl at the bottom? She said everyone used orange juice cans to get the curl at the ends of their hair just right. (this was before curling irons and rollers weren't made in a big enough size) HAHA! 

semi-fly - on page 16 baduy went into some reasons that I hadn't thought of regarding why CM hit IH that you can go back and read. I initially thought it was only because of his feelings for Hye Jung. But there's also his feelings towards his buddies. (3 Musketeers) And his feelings about the group (his music) Plus he might also have been a tiny bit angry that IH didn't realize how much CM had been trying to protect him. (I think CM became aware of IH's feelings for YH much earlier but kept it to himself to protect IH) 

That was the major scene in EP 3 that shocked me too! When CM hit him, I literally gasped out loud and just stared at my screen. ohmy.gif Didn't expect that (so out of character) 

Guest kayana20

I cannot wait to make this part of my monday lineup. Since my other drama ended I only have Fashion King and Love rain to worry about since the others take a while to sub.I just hope I won't be crying a lot or hating the villain too much. I cannot wait to see the present day romance either. Tessieroo I will be bothering you crazy with questions too. I love Yoona but wonder how her chemistry is with JGS?

@ semi-fly - Agree. These are those types of characters that are a bit hard to read. It doesn't help that none of them ever OPEN THEIR MOUTHS and speak up. *sigh* I have to keep reminding myself of the era (or what the writer/director want us to believe about this era - innocence and all that) and some of the characters being painfully shy. (Yoon Hee and to an extent In Ha) Even Hye Jung wouldn't come out and tell In Ha she liked him until she felt she had no choice. 

The whole myth about the "innocence" of this era is bewildering. Sure it was more slow-moving with no fancy electronics to distract everyone but it doesn't mean that people were wallflowers either. My aunt said the younger generation were much more forward and outspoken with each other. (again, she's talking about the US not Korea) biggrin.gif

Omo did someone say that in ha and hye Jung get married and divorced?? Why?? Just so that we can "keep" hye Jung in the modern story? I hope there will be more flashbacks to tell us more.

*waving* Hey klesis! 

Yes, In Ha married and divorces Hye Jung. I hope someone didn't spoil that for you, it should have been hidden. If you look at the second part of the relationship chart on page 13, you'll see it shows In Ha marries/divorces Hye Jung. And Yoon Hee marries someone named "Jung" but I think he dies so she's widowed. (you can click on that chart to enlarge it so you can read it better)

I'm praying for flash-backs too so we'll know how that all came about! unsure.gif

Hey Tessie,

Yes, sigh. I was a little sad to find that out cos it wasn't in spoilers... anyways I'm pretty flexible as long as the spoilers are not HUGE ones...... I try not to read relationship charts if I can help it! I try reaaally hard not to read recaps before watching the eps too, especially if I like the show!

I must say that it's a really great surprise that Love Rain is so great so far... it totally wasn't on my radar! I only tuned in cos they mentioned it on dramabeans... love love love it now! =)

Thanks everyone, did any of you live in Korea in the 70's/80's like in the show? Was it the norm for college kids to all go to Seoul by themselves? I mean parents really can't track them cos they're in a whole other city, right? Big freedom!! (I have always been in the same country all my life, all through college, post-grad... etc... never had that...) I found it cool that they could just pick up one evening and go to the East Sea. (Which, I have seen many times on 1N2D, off topic....nmind... 1N2D had a "east sea special" or something?!?!) How far from Seoul is that? Very pretty locations, I have to say... that scene where she was just leaning on him...

Pardon my poor understanding of Korean history etc, but what would happen if caught walking around during the curfew? Would one be fined? Jailed??

Hm... In Ha really should have returned the diary earlier. I think reading another person's diary (even with the excuse of wanting to know more about her cos he's interested in her) is just not nice. Just a random thought. I wouldn't want my husband reading my own diary if I had one, without my permission!

Anyways, thanks again, all you nice and wise people for chiming in with your thoughts. Love this thread! =)

Edit: Thanks -quiescent for the link! Does JGS keep this hair for the rest of the show?? He's Hwang Tae Gyung all over again!!!!

Re-edit: Oh no the live stream died. Any others? I will wait for our semi-fly to up the torrent.... thanks in advance!! =) Oh yes, my take on the Chang Mo punch: I thought it was simply to protect In Ha - so that Dong Wook wouldn't punch In Ha..... I didn't think it had anything to do with Hye Jung...

Guest -quiescent

@tessieroo - Sorry! I got the pictures from another forum however the person didn't give any sources/credits.

@klesis - No worries ^.^ It does seem like it! I really want to see with his hair short cropped like back in Beethoven Virus (I didn't watch it but from clips I've seen of it, his hair was so much better..) Anyway regardless what others say, I quite like his hair in the 2012 scenes. It's grown on me. But yes indeed, Hwang Taekyung all over again!!

An alternative:

Another streaming link HERE

(The Hiitsu stream is working for me though..)

Edit:

I'M TOTALLY LOVING THE 2012 CHARACTERS ALREADYYYYYY!!! Wooooooooo!

@ -quiescent: Thanks for the link!! :rolleyes: Yes JGS should really try the cropped look once again, it's been a while.... I think maybe the actor himself likes long hair. Sighs. Is he wearing guyliner again??

Edit: Oh so cute. Need to download the ep to watch the whole thing but they look so cute. Miss the autumn colours, though!! I liked it when everything looked yellow.

Guest lemonsorbet

yay for present day characters.. :wub: any kind soul provide a mini recap on what happened?

the cinematography of this drama is so lovely! is this drama supposed to be a more mellow, sadder one though?

Guest fara_diggory

Sorry to say..but I jump ship from our original OTP already...

from InHa-Yoonhe to Seojoon-Hana...........lol..really fast..

they just need 3seconds to change my OTP..haha

Guest Callan

I just finished watching and geez, simply deabak. I loveee the 2012 characters already and they are both so cute together. JKS is a bully but Yoona is no doormat either. She's as cheeky as they come. I think it's great and Yoona probably will silence all the critics out there once and for all about her acting wub.gif

Oh yes, my take on the Chang Mo punch: I thought it was simply to protect In Ha - so that Dong Wook wouldn't punch In Ha..... I didn't think it had anything to do with Hye Jung...

@klesis - now that's an interesting thought! That one never crossed my mind but you could be right. This is why I love this thread, so many different points of view and observations that I don't catch or think of while I'm watching. biggrin.gif

@quiescent - I just wondered if they came from the official KBS site. (love those pics, thanks for posting) MBC sometimes posts pics during a drama that end up being spoilers or BTS stuff. *hee* 

I LOVE the present day couple! laugh.gif Favorite scenes from today were: 

-  when he got scared of the picture and voice on the phone and jumped. 

-  when he fell into the snow drift up to his waist. 

-  her leaving him there. (Ahahahaha) 

-  them watching the snow sparkling in those trees? (OMGosh, that was so pretty) wub.gif

I heard "umma" and "appa" being said so I think he was talking about his dad and she was talking about her mom. 

Guest reikokeiko

anybody knows the quick recap, or live recaps for tonight ep ? or maybe the link that we can watch now ? I am sure the "now" character will be amazing, Hopefully thw audience like it >

Guest -quiescent

@klesis - Must admit I also miss the autumn colours a bit; it was rich in colour and absolutely gorgeous. But on the other hand, the snow is so beautiful and serene. The cinematography in this drama is breathtaking.

@tessieroo - those were my favourite scenes for today too!! I also smiled at when Sejoon tried the 1..2..3.. on Hana and she hadn't reacted to him at all. The background music was quite comical :P

@quiescent - I wonder if he learned that "1, 2, 3" from his dad? laugh.gif Nice try there buddy but ... NO, didn't work. She seemed to be teasing him back? I love how feisty she is! SO different from her mom! I also can't wait to see what she wrote on the bathroom mirror? (was that blood in the sink? Ahahahaha!) 

Archived