[Movie 2012] Gwanghae, The Man Who Became King 광해:왕이된 남자 Masquerade

rubie

Guest urie

it's really suprising me.. big news in May.. :w00t:

5월16일에 개막되는 칸느영화제에 저희영화 "조선의왕(가제)"이 선보입니다, 비록 5분짜리 하일라이트영상이긴 해도 최초로 선보이는  거라 아주 많이 설레고 신경쓰입니다, 많은 영화인들이 칸느에 가시는걸로 아는데 모두 좋은성과 거두시길 바랍니다,

cr: https://twitter.com/#!/Shywdy, DCHHJ

i try to translate with google translate, according of chairman CJ tweet,  King Of Joseon will appear in Cannes Film Festival at May 16. and king of joseon will open the prestigious event. hopefully king of joseon get best review. and i wonder if LBH and HHJ will attend this event :wub:

*correct me if i'm wrong, and hopefully someone can translate it coz i'm not sure with my translation :sweatingbullets:

• Replies 974
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's really suprising me.. big news in May.. :w00t:

cr: https://twitter.com/#!/Shywdy, DCHHJ

i try to translate with google translate, according of chairman CJ tweet,  King Of Joseon will appear in Cannes Film Festival at May 16. and king of joseon will open the prestigious event. hopefully king of joseon get best review. and i wonder if LBH and HHJ will attend this event :wub:

*correct me if i'm wrong, and hopefully someone can translate it coz i'm not sure with my translation :sweatingbullets:

logo_festival_cannes.png

Hi urie, thanks for the tweet by 'The King of Joseon' producer.. I must have missed this. blush.gif

If I'm not mistaken, even though HHJ has started Love 911, Lee Byung Hun is still filming 'The King of Joseon' but there will be a 5-minute preview clip shown at the Cannes Film Festival 2012 (May 16-27) by the production company. As a teaser, the movie will hopefully garner a lot of good feedback and potential buyers as Lee Byung Hun is quite well known in Cannes due to his past movies.

It's just too soon for the movie to appear at Cannes because it's aiming for a September Chuseok release but fret not.. there will be other international film festivals later on in the year. LBH will definitely appear with HHJ to introduce the movie together.

Guest urie

rubie, thank you so much for the correction and complete information.. :)

i really anticipating this movie.. although only 5 minute screening in CFF, hopefully some news and photos from KOJ wil be revealed.. :)

It's no problem at all.. we'll try to share as much as possible. Hopefully I'm not misleading as well, just guessing here and there. blush.gif

I agree with you totally.. hope the clip will be released to fans later.. we haven't seen any footage from the movie, huh. ^_^

The King of Joseon, fighting! fight.gif

Guest urie

thank you rubie :)

LBH seem seriously reading the script.. :)

fcfaaf51f3deb48f2721737af01f3a292cf578ce-1.jpg

cr: baidu

rubie.. finally i find it and i re-upload again separately :)

^

The image from Baidu doesn't appear as we have to re-upload their pics separately, hope you can share the link of the page as well.

Would love to see the capture of LBH there. :)

Edit.. maybe these are the photos that you're referring to?

Photo credits to dorimuinkorea as stated on the images, captures copied from LBH-Baidu

April 29, 2012

20120429_1.jpg

20120429_2.jpg

20120429_3.jpg

20120429_4.jpg

20120429_5.jpg

20120429_6.jpg

20120429_7.jpg

20120429_8.jpg

20120429_9.jpg

20120429_10.jpg

20120429_11.jpg

20120429_12.jpg

20120429_13.jpg

20120429_14.jpg

20120429_15.jpg

20120429_16.jpg

Guest urie

rubie.. i look back in baidu, the image is not there.. i'm sorry for doesn't appear image. :tears:

i forgot to save that image in my computer.. if i find it, i will re-upload again separately :)

the image looks like what you're posting, but the image that i mean isn't there :tears:

Guest shy_hyo

really can't wait for the trailer..

please......coming soonbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

btw, thank you for sharing rubie and urielaugh.gif

Guest urie

shy_hyo.. you're welcome.. :)

King of Joseon Plot from Wikipedia

The confusing and conspiratorial 15th ruler of Korea's Joseon Dynasty King Gwanghae (Lee Byung-hun) orders his councilor, Heo Gyun (Ryoo Seung-Ryong), to find him a double in order to avoid the constant threat of assassination. Heo Gyun finds Ha-sun, a beggar who looks remarkably like the king, and just as feared, Gwang-hae is poisoned. Heo Gyun proposes Ha-sun fill the role as the king until Gwang-hae recovers fully and grooms Ha-sun to look and act every bit the king. While assuming the role of the king at his first official appearance, Ha-sun begins to ponder the intricacies of the problems debated in his court. Being fundamentally more humanitarian than Gwang-hae, Ha-sun’s affection and appreciation of even the most minor servants slowly changes morale in the palace for the better. Over time he finds his voice and takes control of governing the country with real insight and fair judgments. Even Heo Gyun is moved by Ha-sun’s genuine concern for the people, and realizes he is an infinitely better ruler than Gwang-hae. However, his chief opposition, Park Chung-seo (Kim Myung-gon), notices the sudden shift in the king’s behavior and starts to ask questions. The queen (Han Hyo-joo) is also conflicted between the real king and the fake king’s secret

cr: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masquerade_%282012_film%29

^

urie, thanks very much for the 'King of Joseon' movie synopsis, really appreciate the highlight and the photo of LBH studying his script.. we can see it now. Very cool! :lol:

Some more filming captures copied from LBH-Baidu.com, credit as stated on the images.. though pics are not very clear, we can see LBH and HHJ acting together here..

Source: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/1592859713

20120516_1.jpg

20120516_2.jpg

20120516_3.jpg

20120516_4.jpg

20120516_5.jpg

20120516_6.jpg

20120516_7.jpg

20120516_8.jpg

20120516_9.jpg

20120516_10.jpg

20120516_11.jpg

20120516_12.jpg

Guest urie

rubie.. you're welcome rubie..  thanks to you for all the awesome picture.. finally we can see our King and Queen of Joseon :)

May 17, 2012

Lee Byung Hun Pulls through Busy Schedules Despite Back Injury

Source: Nate l By Oh, MiJung CJ E&M enewsWorld Photo credit: Hea Jung Min via ph.omg.yahoo.com

Lee Byung Hun is pulling through his movie shoots and film promotions despite his bad back.

Lee Byung Hun is currently filming the ‘faction’ period piece King of Joseon, a film which will be about the secrets of Gwanghaegun, but he recently had to fly to America in the midst of his busy schedule.

A source close to Lee Byung Hun said, “He had a schedule that made it physically difficult to go to America, but it seems he strained himself after visiting the country. He received treatment after suffering a back injury.”

H4.jpg

He believed the injury was light, but the pain worsened, leading him to receive special treatment at the hospital including an injection in his spine.

Despite the pain in his back, Lee Byung Hun started filming for King of Joseon as soon as he returned to Korea. He also participated in the press day schedule for G.I.Joe 2, straining his body even more.

As soon as he finishes filming for King of Joseon in early June, Lee Byung Hun will be flying to America again to promote G.I.Joe 2. Near the middle of the month he will be in Korea again to participate in the official press roundtable for G.I.Joe 2 on June 14 and the world premiere event on the next day.

Lee Byung Hun also recently secured a role in the Hollywood film Red 2, which will star Bruce Willis, John Malkovich and Catherine Zeta Jones. As soon as schedules are confirmed, he will be joining the cast to film.

The Lee Byung Hun source said, “Lee Byung Hun has a full schedule until next year. He’s working hard thank to his fans’ support. We’re very thankful.”

In G.I.Joe 2, which will premiere next month, Lee Byung Hun will be meeting his fans through the role of Storm Shadow, the same role he acted in for the prequel. Storm Shadow will have more screen time compared to how he appeared in the prequel, making fans even happier.

The G.I.Joe series is based on the comic series by Marvel Comics. The second film is about the fight between the strongest combat unit G.I.Joe and the evil Zartan. Bruce Willis and The Rock will also be starring in the film alongside Lee Byung Hun.

The prequel was directed by Steven Sommers, but the second installment was given to the Chinese American director Jon Chu. The film will premiere on June 21.

May 26, 2012

Thanks to Barbara for the highlight at LBH-Baidu, captures credit as stated on the images. Though not close-up photos, it looks like this is the 'pauper' character by Lee Byung Hun.. from the simple costume and normal topknot.

20120526_1.jpg

20120526_2.jpg

20120526_3.jpg

20120526_4.jpg

20120526_5.jpg

20120526_6.jpg

20120526_7.jpg

20120526_8.jpg

20120526_9.jpg

Guest urie

rubie.. thank you for all updates :)

i found this article, i think this article describe about KOJ director, cast (character that they play), production, etc. *correct me if i'm wrong

2012년 영화 나는 조선의 왕이다 관련사항

추창민 감독

2011 <그대를 사랑합니다> 각본/감독

2006 <사랑을 놓치다> 각본/감독

2005 <마파도> 감독

2000 <행복한 장의사> 각색

2000년 <사월의 끝> 35mm, color, 16min.

제 19회 프랑스 엑상프로방스 국제단편영화제 경쟁부문초청

제 29회 휴에스카 국제 단편영화제 상영 (스페인, 2001)

제 31회 탐페레 국제단편 영화제 경쟁부문 상영 (2001, 핀란드)

제 4회 부천 국제 영화제 한국 단편 부문 상영 (2000)

1998년 <태양은 없다>

1998년 <죽이는 이야기> 조감독

황조윤

작가

2012년 tvN '일년에 열두남자' (드라마 데뷔작)

2006년 언니가 간다

2005년 야수와 미녀

2005년 이대로, 죽을 순 없다

2003년 봄날의 곰을 좋아하세요?

2003년 올드보이 (Old Boy)

이병헌

독살 위기를 맞이한 광해군을 대신해 그와 똑같이 생긴 광대 하선이

20일 동안 왕 행세를 한다

하선이 감히 범접해선 안 될 중전을 흠모해 왕위에 욕심을 내게 되고

이 변심 때문에 하선은 큰 위기를 자초하게 됨

조선시대 가장 드라마틱한 군주 광해군과 얼굴이 똑같은 천민 하선이 가짜 왕

노릇을 하면서 벌어지는 이야기를 그린 영화

“하선은 결코 각본대로 움직이지 않지만, 그로 인해 사람들이 점차 교화된다.

저잣거리에서 굴러먹은 그는 무엇이 백성을 위하는지를 본능적으로 아는 거다.”

류승룡

얼굴만 같은 하선을 왕의 공석에 앉히는 비밀스런 사건을 주도하는 허균 역

한효주

뒤바뀐 임금에(하선에게) 연심을 품지만 품위는 잃지않는 중전역

가짜 왕과 가짜 왕 사이에서 갈등하는 여주인공 중전 역

자신에게 무관심한 광해군 때문에 자존심 상하지만 이를 내색하지 않고

왕을 기다리는 속깊은 중전

퍼스트레이디 신분이다보니 대부분 궁궐 세트에서 촬영중이며

70% 이상 일정을 소화한 상태(5월2일)

김명곤

광해군과 대립하는 신하이자 가짜 왕 하선을 의심하는 박충서 역

10년 만에 스크린에 복귀

김인권

별군 역할을 맡아 왕의 지근거리를 지킨다.

신스틸러'란 강렬한 연기로 출연 장면에 깊은 인상을 줘 주인공 못지않은

사랑을 얻는 배우

심은경

광해군의 나인으로 일하는 사월 역

장 광

무게감있고 의지가 분명한 내관역 (도가니의 악역)

기 타

<조선의 왕>은 2월초 크랭크 인해 올 추석 무렵 개봉할 예정으로,

순제작비는 약 60억 원이다.

“현실정치에 대해 다시금 생각해 볼 수 있는, ‘나꼼수’보다 열 배는 통쾌한

이야기가 될 것”이라며 기대감을 증폭시켰다.

내 용

정치를 배운 적도 없는 저잣거리의 광대도 아는 것을, 정작 평생 정치만 해온

사람들이 모른다는 아이러니가 웃음을 자극할 것”이라고 덧붙인다.

하지만 이 영화는 관객에게 메시지를 강요하지 않을 것이다.

“실컷 웃으며 영화를 보고 난 뒤에야 의미들이 들어올 것이다.” 기획의

시작은 CJ E&M 콘텐츠 기획개발팀의 아이디어였다.

제 작

제공/배급

제작사 리얼라이즈픽처스 (원동연 대표)

CJ 엔터테인먼트(배급)

스케쥴

2월 1일 : 대본리딩/고사

2월12일 : 영화 크랭크인

'조선의 왕'의 한 제작진은 17일 "1인2역으로 출연중인 이병헌씨가

2월부터 두 달간 카리스마 넘치는 광해군 연기를 소화했고

촬영 스케줄상 4월 중순부터는 천민 역할을 연기하게 됐다"고 말했다.

제작사 리얼라이즈픽쳐스 원동연 대표는 "시간 순서대로 찍지 못하다 보니

이병헌씨가 고역일 텐데도 놀라운 집중력과 연기로 모두를 감탄시키고 있다.

역시 대단한 배우"라고 말했다.

예산과 촬영 장소 대여 때문에 광해와 하선 분량을 나눠 한데 몰아서 찍고 있는데

이병헌이 치밀한 신 분석과 힘을 주고 빼야하는 지점을 정확히 알고

능수능란하게 촬영에 임하고 있다는 얘기였다

cr: http://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?blogId=pislove123&logNo=40160136280&parentCategoryNo=6&categoryNo=&viewDate=&isShowPopularPosts=true&from=section

Hi urie.. the above text looks like the description for the characters in 'The King of Joseon'.. especially the main cast. I can only guess a little from Google translation but only bits and pieces. Hopefully there will be something from the Korean movie sites that provides English articles later on. Perhaps it's still too early for anything.. maybe in June/July onwards.. more info about the movie will be posted.

But let's keep on sharing, ok..

Guest urie

rubie... thank you for the explanation.. :)

KOJ Producer tweet

왕과 중전이 궁내를 손을잡고 뛴다, 관객들은 그 1분간을 만들기위해서 서울,전라,충청,경상,경기지역을 제작진이 고생고생해서 촬영한사실을 알까? 몰라도 좋다, 그 씬에서 관객들이 행복하고 로맨틱한 감정을 느끼기만 하면 우린 감사하다, 이젠 끝이 보인다

cr: http://twitter.com/#!/Shywdy

在宫内,王和中殿手牵手跑着,为了给观众们制造那一分钟的气氛,摄制组辗转于首尔,全罗道,忠清道,庆尚道,京畿地区很辛苦的拍摄,大家知道这样一个拍摄实况嘛?不知道也行啦,在那样的场景中,观众们只要能感受到那幸福浪漫的感情,我们就万分感激了,现在,结束。

cr: tranlate from baidu

it seems King and Queen today shooting together. although they move around location filming only for 1 minute scene. in that scene the audience feel happy and romantic feeling. *correct me if i'm wrong

i think maybe today the last shooting KOJ

hopefully rubie can translate, thank you so much rubie :)

Archived