[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

Ilwoo's acting was OK last night, but i wish for more subtle acting of emotions (Lee Min Ho was great at showing a lot of emotions combined with deep sadness), i just feel like there is not much different between his portrait of YM and Cha Chi Soo (Flower Shop, his previous drama) so last night wasn't moving for me, i'll give him the benefit of doubts though.

On the other hand, Kim Soo Hyun was spoted on, love his sarcastic and cold persona, i can't wait to watch him slowly falling in love with Wol again.

Seeing the grown-up YM and MH interact last night made me wish their younger counterparts shared some scenes as well. It would've been a hoot seeing YM tease his younger sister when they were kids. :P

Yeom is still so polite as ever. Very diplomatic with his answers. Looks like theirs is a marriage out of gratitude for now, because he feels that MH saved his family from being further dragged into the mud because of what happened to YW. Don't even get me started on the "but the princess doesn't even feel guilt after all these years!" reasoning. They had barely 5-10 minutes of screentime in the last episode. I'm sure it'll be explained in the succeeding ones if she has that memory repressed out of fear of her grandmother.

I agree, there wasn't much screen time for Minhwa and I would have loved to have seen more of her younger self with Prince Myung. laugh.gif Their interaction in EP 6 was hilarious! Again, I'm basing some of my opinion (and it's only my opinion) on her characterizations from the book parts I've read so far and/or explanations or thoughts about Minhwa from those who have read the book. In the book, she shows absolutely no remorse or guilt whatsoever for her part in deceiving Yeom. And I've repeatedly said that I hope they soften her character in the drama. I think they're doing that! I really enjoyed her very brief scenes in episode 6 so I won't be at all surprised if they DO show her feeling guilt towards Yeom and confessing to him what happened. (I also loved her teasing Bo Kyung into jealousy - very funny)  biggrin.gif

We know a little bit of what happens when Hwon finds out about Minhwa's involvement in the book, I wonder what happens when Yeom finds out in the book? I also can't wait for her to come face to face with Wol (once the whole secret is out) That's gonna be a tear-jerking scene too.  sad.gif I think Hwon is already trying to deal with what the dowager did although in a very slow, patient way. He probably has to be patient until he has enough power on his side and can oust both the dowager and her evil minister. 

EDIT: oh, did I read that right? Does Bo Kyung commit suicide at the end of the book? OMGosh, that's sad. I wonder what happens to her dad. 

Guest atelulu

this is my first time to post a comment here.. i would like to thank all posters and all the spoilers.. this is one Kdrama that i will not be sorry to recommend it to all my friends. i can't wait for the future episodes. i have liked Kim Soo Hyun since i first saw him in one of the dramas especially when he played the elder brother in Giant together with Yeo Jin Goo as the younger brother.. they acted so good and i've been waiting for their new dramas... now this.. i totally love this drama and i also like the young Yeum Woo.. hope to see her in more Kdramas.. they are the future of the Kdramas princes and princesses or even kings and queens..

KSH acted great in ep 6. Well he is the main lead so he has most of the screen times with everything revolved around his character. So it gives him all chances to perform the best compare to all others. The only thing that bothers me that he looks too young like a teen. He just does not have the sex appeal of a grown man to me to fall in love with his character.

As a woman, actually I feel very pity for BY. The king has married her, willingly or not, she is still his wife. You can long for your first love as much as you want in your heart, or you don't even have to love your wife, but you still have the responsibility and duty as husband to her. I would rather see the king be nice to her on the outside but always loves YW forever in his heart, than be cold heart to BY for the whole time they have been married. If he cannot be nice to her, then don't marry her. Treating BY like that is the fastest way to turn her into evil and hatred to everyone around her. I admire Min Seo for accept the role of BY.

For YM, he did not have much screen times to portrait himself yet, except showing his handsome face and emotional eyes at some points. It is painful to see Il Woo taking a second main lead again. I hope it would not turn as MFL when his character was just barely seen with no important scenes for him to show up his talents.

As a woman, actually I feel very pity for BY. The king has married her, willingly or not, she is still his wife. You can long for your first love as much as you want in your heart, or you don't even have to love your wife, but you still have the responsibility and duty as husband to her. I would rather see the king be nice to her on the outside but always loves YW forever in his heart, than be cold heart to BY for the whole time they have been married. If he cannot be nice to her, then don't marry her. Treating BY like that is the fastest way to turn her into evil and hatred to everyone around her. I admire Min Seo for accept the role of BY.

Mmm, I don't think Hwon had a choice whether or not to marry Bo-kyung. You have to remember she's the grandniece of the Dowager, who is Hwon's grandmother and who pretty much rules the palace by proxy. Bo-kyung is placed there for a purpose, which Hwon is too aware of. Naturally his guard is up against her as well, so it's really difficult for him to treat her as a husband would his wife. I don't disagree that he could definitely be more civil towards Bo-kyung, but her presence is a constant reminder that he's lost Yeon-woo, and Bo-kyung simply isn't a fitting replacement.

To add the discussion of Bokyeong & Hwon's relationship, I do find Hwon's treatment of her pretty harsh. At this point in time, I don't believe that she has revealed her hidden claws in front of him (I imagine she always puts on that sweet act), so he could resent her for being Yun Daehyung's daughter, but not necessarily because she has taken any part in trying to control him. In other words, he has no reason to suspect that she is anything but sincere at this point. Yet the scene where he whispers in her ear, he makes it seem like she's the one behind his grandmother and her father. The intense hatred he has for her seems a little premature - I would prefer that he simply remains indifferent until after he has glimpsed her "other" side, and then he can pour on the spite.

To change the subject, news articles are saying that the time jump is five years later (I don't remember anything in episode six actually saying this). The original time jump in the novel is seven or eight years, so I'm finding it a little hard to believe that Hwon will not recognize Yeonwoo the moment he sees her - or at least faint because she's the splitting image of his first love. (And this also makes Hwon only twenty) I'm curious as to how the drama will deal with that.

:: EDIT::

Written preview for episode 7

As Nokyeong leaves to meet Priest Hyegak, she warns Yeonwoo to stay away from strangers. But the curious-minded Yeonwoo hears that the king will be passing by on his way to convalesce. Despite Seol's opposition, she heads to the streets to see him pass.

Hwon has no idea that Yeonwoo is alive and will be watching him from afar, and he is uncomfortable with having to travel to convalesce. Yeonwoo sees him from afar and she becomes bewildered when a distant part of her memory remembers having seen him before.

녹영은 혜각 도사의 부름을 받고 길을 나서며 연우에게 낯선 이를 경계하라고 거듭

당부한다. 마침 왕의 어가행렬이 그곳을 지난다는 소식을 접한 호기심 많은 연우. 왕

의 행차를 보고 싶은 마음에 설의 만류를 뿌리치고 거리로 향한다.

연우가 살아나 지척거리에서 자신을 보게 될 것이라는 것을 전혀 눈치 채지 못한 훤

은 거둥에 나선 것이 못내 불편한 기색이고, 그런 훤의 모습을 멀리서 지켜보는 연우

는 기억 저편 어딘가에서 본 듯 한 그의 모습에 혼란에 빠지는데...

Mmm, I don't think Hwon had a choice whether or not to marry Bo-kyung. You have to remember she's the grandniece of the Dowager, who is Hwon's grandmother and who pretty much rules the palace by proxy. Bo-kyung is placed there for a purpose, which Hwon is too aware of. Naturally his guard is up against her as well, so it's really difficult for him to treat her as a husband would his wife. I don't disagree that he could definitely be more civil towards Bo-kyung, but her presence is a constant reminder that he's lost Yeon-woo, and Bo-kyung simply isn't a fitting replacement.

Yes, i completely agree with u. Hwon was obligated to marry Bo-Kyung, a marriage arranged for political reasons by the Dowager, he had to marry her even if he didn't want it. He lost his first love, his fiance in a blink of time, i can understand why we would resent and hate Bo-Kyung (in his eyes she is only a puppet to be manipulate for power, Hwon is very clever and it's obvious he can see through her actress mode). Also i think he knows YW's death have something to do with the Dowager, he was just too powerless at the time to do anything, he's waiting for an opportunity to revenge???

I don't understand the Dowager’s logic. She killed her son’s half brother to secure his spot in throne, he had some kids and his son (of his first wife) is now king, what more is there? She's already on the top.

I mean I could understand if she’s power hungry and all, but it makes no sense considering her own descendants are clearly on the throne and there is no threat…? She's supporting that evil minister instead because they're in the same clan and not her own children and grandchildrens??

Guest monkeyober1

I've enjoyed just about everything about this drama from the beginning, but honestly it feels a bit rushed in terms of production. They're already having glaring mistakes just about every episode and it seems like they're in live shoot mode already with no ep. 7 preview at the end of episode 6. They also seem to be introducing a lot of changes from the original source are they not? Letting Hwon and YW meet is a beneficial change b/c i think it would be difficult to make exchanging letters interesting to a tv audience, however, i'm not sure about why they chose to go with the amnesia thing.

It seems like there are a lot of people here who were also over in the SKKS thread (I see a lot of familiar names) and I remember SKKS mostly for the first 12 episodes or so, which were pure crack. The later half of the drama just kinda fell apart for me due to what seemed like a hurried production and again, changes from the source material. I hope the changes they're making don't cause this drama to start falling apart closer to the end, which is how I felt about SKKS.

Guest starcandii

I can't read the file. some unknown code come out, can you tell me what to do?? TIA

Really? That's very strange! Does your computer support Korean?

If you see boxes instead of word characters in the txt version, go to Format-->Font, and switch the font to one that supports Korean! (:

But, if that still doesn't work, I went ahead and created a word document version of the novel! (:

Download Word Document version

Hopefully, it'll work this time! I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

Thank you for book, but unfortunetly it on Korean :(

Unfortunately, I don't think a completely translation version of the novel is available yet! ):

BUT, I just learned through gorres' recent post that there is a group that's translating the novel by chapter!

Here's the post I'm referring to:

for those eager to read the next translated chapter on blue,you guys can can follow Blue on twitter to know when chapter 6 translation is done!

Msbluetwitter

read translated chapters  1-5 on belectricground

So, you'll be able to read translated chapters through this site! (: Hope that helps!

Guest nana544

Awww episode 5 was so good!!! Poor Prince Hwon and Yeon Woo. But, now it just really get more excited. I really cannot wait to see Han Ga In debut acting in this drama :)!!!! She is going to be an amazing Yeon Woo/Wol......Also, I cannot wait to see JIW's too...he's one of the reason I am watching this drama alongside with Ha Ga In :)!

BUT, I just learned through gorres' recent post that there is a group that's translating the novel by chapter!

Here's the post I'm referring to:

So, you'll be able to read translated chapters through this site! (: Hope that helps!

I already read all 5 chapters, but in book all 47 chapters and it's just driving me crazy xD. I know, that I spoiled bcs recently fansubbing is very fast on English and my hopless thoughts really selfish, but I couldn't help then :(. Thanks for text anyway, I think about force somebody to translate that text in Russian xDDD

-_- i can't open the novel by notepad...can anyone help me please???

really curiously about the novel...have it translated by google translated from korean to english???

-_- i can't open the novel by notepad...can anyone help me please???

really curiously about the novel...have it translated by google translated from korean to english???

Just open it in Microsoft Word. My 2010 automaticly asked me if I want to open it in Haguel. It's actualy in Korean.

blop.jpg

On the lighter side of the story, I would like to share some bloopers. I didn't notice anything, if they were not pointed out clearly.. ( Im so into KSY, and nothing else matters just him) I wish, the production staff would be more extra careful or pay more attention next time coz viewers are very keen observant..

yp.jpgyp1.jpgprinces.jpgprincess1.jpgprincess2.jpg

Greetings from our Crowned Prince & Princess.

nate

I don't think Jung Ilwoo's Yang Myung is the same as Cha Chisoo. The overall "feeling/soul" of Yang Myung is different from Chisoo. Chisoo always had this comic/nervous edge to him that Yang Myung doesn't. But it is understandable why people would think of Chisoo because at the end of the day Jung Ilwoo is still Jung Ilwoo--so there's bound to be some mannerisms and gestures similar to the characters that he plays. It is also the timing of Moon Sun, having come right away after FBRS--so Chisoo is still fresh to a lot of people.

Now the "gap" between Lee Minho and Jung Ilwoo is that they really don't have the same facial type. I argue that Kim Soo Hyun and Yeo Jin gu actually have similar facial types, so the "transition" is easier to see. I always thought that Siwan looked more like a younger Ilwoo than Lee Minho. But acting-wise, I don't really see such a gap to the point that it bothered me. Actually, when I was watching Lee Minho, I was thinking that his acting approximated that of Jung Ilwoo's style.

Btw, for me, the Yeom character only became interesting because of Siwan. And now that his adult counterpart is there--who is not "flowery" enough, I kinda lost interest in him--unlike before when I was looking forward to the Yeom scenes. I guess it's similar to other people who like the aesthetic look of the younger counterparts better than the older ones. Meaning, if your taste goes in the "Lee Minho" facial-type trend, most likely it would be difficult to watch Jung Ilwoo. But for me it's the other way around, "facially-speaking", I like Jung Ilwoo better. :wub:

Annyeong~

Jung Ilwoo's twitter update!

ajpngtpcmaa6umj.jpg

연이은 밤샘 촬영으로 인해. 다크서클이 무릎까지 내려왔지만, 설 연휴를 반납하고 즐겁게 촬영하고있습니다. 여러분 즐거운 명절 보내세요! 새해 복 많이 받으시구요!