[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

Guest julia17

The Moon Embracing The Sun receives 10 million won bonus

MBC’s epic historical drama, ‘The Moon Embracing The Sun‘, has received a bonus of 10,000,000 won (~$8,886.00 USD).

On February 18, an insider told TV Report that the staff of the drama held a large dinner to celebrate the event. ” The ’Moon-Sun’ team had a staff dinner at a Korean beef restaurant,” they said. “It was an enjoyous time with everyone from both production team A and B.”

According to this insider, all the staff and main actors were present, including Kim Soo Hyun and Han Ga In, as well as the actors from the childhood arc, Yeo Jin Goo , Kim Yoo Jung , and Lee Min Ho (1993)

The insider continued, “‘Moon-Sun’ is busy with filming every day of the week, but out of those days, Thursday is when they had a bit of leisure time. It’s been a while since the entire staff gathered together, and we ended the party happily due to the high popularity of the drama.”

‘The Moon Embracing The Sun’ aired its first episode on January 4th with a rating of 18.0% (AGB Nielsen Media Research). By February 15′s episode, they obtained an impressive rating of 38.4%. To congratulate the team on such an outstanding job, MBC granted a bonus of 10,000,000 won.

Source & Image: TV Report 

via Nate l Allkpop

20120217_moonsun_bonus-460x318.jpg

:tears: SSK1, sorry I made a mess in replying. Still new with my ipad and still learning. A million apologies

I recommend it, watch the episodes again please. ..

I'm actually itching to watch from start to end but I still gotta wait until the drama ends. I want to savor every minute of it and I'm pretty sure I'd appreciate the drama more without all the breaks waiting for the next episode. flow of the story will be better too. Honestly I treat the kids" story as a story on its own and I love every second of it. I've watched it like 4 times:wub:

And how gorgeous is Woon. Which clearly,  stands for Swoon. Give this guy a gal , please. I want to see some action for woon.!Seol seems nice, Woon!  You can show her your er swords skills !  

I second that! Woon's face esp in the last episode in his confrontation with YM has so much character and he practically overshadowed JIW! Yeah, hope he ends up with Seol!:lol:

And how much do I hate that sexual tension between the King and the Queen. I find myself sympathising with her (NOOO!) and I realllyy wont be surprised (but will be prepared to petition the writers and directors until they change the script ) if the King falls for her too. Or do the hicky hicky with the Queen . Hate is such a strong emotion, better if he is indifferent to her.! But credit to where credit is due, the Queen is well acted..when did she get so devoted to the King anyway ?

It's only pity my friend. that's all how he feels and sorry too but wait till he finds out the truth, then it'll be "Off with your head, woman!"

And I am actually NOT excited about Wol recovering her memory. Dont shoot me, I am very excited actually, But since one of the effects of absorbing the ghost according to the Astrologer prof , is loss of identity, Im not sure whether it will make a difference! will she actually be believed ?? Who would believe her , they could say she's NOT YW but possessed by YW! Aargghhhhh how can she prove this ??

But Queen Dow has other plans, doesn't she? They plan to use Wol again and that's when I think YW will just go according to their plan. haha, it's funny when you think about how it's always the bad guys providing the opportunity. First, it was Yoon who suggested playmates for the Princess, that's how YW came to be in the Palace, then the Crown Princess selection, then the bad luck absorbing shaman. Latest is 'helping' YW to recover her memory and next will probably be providing YW the opportunity to come back to the Palace (so says the Queen Dow who wants to keep her for later use)

I think the drama is moving just nicely...MW is clearly troubled with her knowledge and will soon spill.. I do wish that young child Yeom was retained as the husband and not the adult actor because they JUST DONT MATCH (yes, I meant to capitalise this) . They look soooo Wrong! However, maybe the acting will convince us otherwise.

If original Yeom is retained, he'd be too good looking for the Princess, ah, unless as you suggested they change to a prettier actress..hehee, then they'd have to replace husband and wife.

I look forward to the same thing that everyone here is, for the drama to tie up loose ends...like YM...give him a purpose for heavens sake and give him a position like a trusted advisor, or PM or something! - hey if you can have a shaman that actually is not historically correct, lets have a Prince that can be an advisor. And yes JIW is a hot babe but I cannot condone falling for 13 year olds YM unless I tell myself in the olden days 13 is like 23. Which makes YM an old geezer now! Wish he would get over YW ! 8 years on the road and no one comes close to YW? How about you go for NK , YM? (some cougar action would be progressive! ha ha!)

So brave of you to say this! NK and YM? Good one, maybe Jan Shil will be a better choice!

Other loose ends or plots if I was a writer: (wishful thinking)

Woon and Seol-- if this is not a loose end, make it one and  tie it up anyway writers! (in my imagination they get to fight and he falls for her fantastic skills and she falls for his fantastic skills etc etc)

the Queen ...to get Wol's happiness she has to either go away  or die...hope she gets a dignified exit though !

the Queen grandmama- she dies. a painful death.

Yoon- hope he gets the Chair treatment..! Although cant be very painful as you can clearly walk normally after such a bashing to your legs.

the reunion between the family. I cried buckets. BUCKETS when YW died in her dad's arms...so I want to cry buckets when the reunion happens.

the construction that never was? what happened to that?

MW and Yeom- MW mysteriously got more beautiful (ie writer choose another actress!) and they live happily ever after.

janshil- make her the head of the celestial palace

NK - give her a resort in the mountains with lots of handmaidens...

Yeah, your wishes are mine too but I want the Queen to probably go insane in the end. I kinda love her being scared to death by all those voices that she had been hearing. it'll be good if they continue with that!

Guest flowerboyramyunshop_FB

tumblr_lzl9ye5GxH1r9by6to1_500.jpg

tumblr_lzl9ye5GxH1r9by6to2_500.jpg

credit to enduksyon.

@flowerboyramyunshop_FB  - Thank you for the Yang Myung/JIW piccies. I think the icicles hanging off of the roofs mirrors his cold, cold tears.

I'm so sad his character didn't have a brief ...even *one time* spark of TRUE LOVE with YeonWoo. Something a little as a flashback to when they were kids and she gives him a smile that is clearly meant only FOR HIM. But we've not seen that, nor has it been inferred. YW/Wol has loved Hwon, and ONLY Hwon, since 1st sight~. 

The YangMyung character is being written as very one dimensional - forever unrequited love _ ◄---- 

(heart breeeaaaaaak)

Sometimes it works well for a story, but in this case, he's not just beginning to look stalker-y and obsessed.....he's been riding on that bus for a while.

What has he been doing the past 8 years?...and where exactly does he go on his wanderings? ......I'm so confused as to why the writers haven't fleshed out his story, while at the same time we get gobs of Minister Yoon torturung Wol and twisting his evil mustache. We ALREADY KNOW he's a murdeous villain. for reals. move.on.

I already liked JIW, and his tour de'force as The Scheduler hooked me for life, but cheese-louise! he's being wasted here ~even his best-buddy Woon cracked-and-popped a sword out of his hands in like....10 seconds....dude, I still luv ya ~♥

this is my dilemma. and every episode i am really looking forward for an UHMPP to his character.  but like a hopeless romantic as Yang Myung, i am sticking to this drama until the end. we all know Hwon will end up with Yeon woo, yeah that is so undeniable premise . but then again, what does the second lead character like JIW 's Yang Myung can contribute to the drama's beauty ? like a desperate kdrama viewer like me, i even wanted him to go to the dark side, then let it be so that i can deduce how he was even injected in the story in the first place, going afar from the novel version.

saying this again, i did not read the book yet but spoilers get me and know the ending for YM. he is the saddest character next to Woon. at least for woon he got his directions, he knows where he is supposed to be.he has a master.  with yang myung he gains nothing and he is supposed to remain a person DESTINED NOT TO harbor the light from the Joseon's sun.

yes i agree much with you, what on earth he had gone thru with those 8 years? wandering, wandering , wandering.that's it? i wish there are flashbacks or whatsoever . oh, i forgot. how he could have one when in fact all he did was to chase the girl who looks like the dead girl he once loved in vain. gee.

and the love of him to yeon woo..it was so VOID to look at. i can't figure out why and how did he fell for her. yes he described it when he talked about the first person you remember (with jan shil) .however there are no scenes or whatsoever that made him realize how he love her.

sigh.

Synopsis Summary for Episode 15 of The Moon Embracing the Sun (The Moon that Embraces the Sun / The Sun and the Moon)

Title:

Unconfirmed and unofficial spoiler, most likely based on plot of novel, read with a pinch of salt, to be updated

Wol decides to take revenger after recovering her memory.

Wol returns to infirmary care house and takes care of the poor. Yang Myung who is released from captivity goes to the infirmary to find Wol. Wol who regained her memory recognizes Yang Myung. Both of them lives in the infirmary to take care of the poor.

On the other hand, in order to check on how’s Wol doing, Hwon secretly sneaks into the infirmary, but what he is looking at is Wol and Yang Myung working together happily and sweetly.

The jealousy of Hwon rose, ultimately Hwon summons Wol to come back to the palace.

sunnmoon-ep15-1.jpg

CR: asian-drama

I hope this really happens in the drama!! I am EAGER to see PRince Yang Myung happy with the girl he loves the most!! keke

Synopsis Summary for Episode 15 of The Moon Embracing the Sun (The Moon that Embraces the Sun / The Sun and the Moon)

Title:

Unconfirmed and unofficial spoiler, most likely based on plot of novel, read with a pinch of salt, to be updated

Wol returns to infirmary care house and takes care of the poor. Yang Myung who is released from captivity goes to the infirmary to find Wol. Wol who regained her memory recognizes Yang Myung. Both of them lives in the infirmary to take care of the poor.

On the other hand, in order to check on how’s Wol doing, Hwon secretly sneaks into the infirmary, but what he is looking at is Wol and Yang Myung working together happily and sweetly.

The jealousy of Hwon rose, ultimately Hwon summons Wol to come back to the palace.

*quoted image*

I hope this really happens in the drama!! I am EAGER to see PRince Yang Myung happy with the girl he loves the most!! keke

I also hope that it will happened that way too.

For those who have read the novel or those who knows the story, when and what event will trigger Wol to ADMIT and reveal that she is YW ? What is the last piece of evidence that eventually leads Hwon to confirm that Wol is YW ?

Appreciate the reply.

Written Preview for Episode 11 of MoonSun

Written preview for episode 11:

Wol still has no memory of her past. No matter how Hwon questions her, Wol can only answer that she does not know. Hwon continues to miss Yeon Woo. He takes out her final letter to him and reads again about how she is waiting for her father to bring her medicine which will make the pain go away and she will never see him again. Hwon starts to suspect the circumstances of Yeon Woo’s death and launches an investigation. He discovers that Yeon Woo’s grave has been touched, and her corpse is no longer in the coffin.

Bo Kyung has grown jealous and hateful towards Wol. Under dire circumstances, Wol is pushed out of the Palace and sent to live in the Infirmary (care house for contagious diseases and homeless patients). Yang Myung finds out through his source the infirmary where Wol is residing. Hwon is curious about Wol’s life after she is thrown out of the Palace. He disguises himself and leaves the Palace to check on her. He sees Yang Myung together with Wol, making him so angry that he summons Wol back to the Palace.

THIS line killed me

oh and we have a jealous king hehe

*quoted image*

Do you remember this preview for ep 11? The first preview which they post in MBC site then changed it after a while?

Title:

*quoted image*

Do you see the similarity? Wol working in the infirmary and YM went to see her then Hwon came and saw both of them and felt jealous?? Did they changed the script along the way???!

I really hope that they won't disappoint us in ep 15 especially with the new momentum they have been able to obtain in episode 14.

A little off topic, I've done some math, I searched for that ep 11 preview since it is familiar and found it in page 124. Imagine in just 4 episodes the thread has filled up 85 pages!!!! w00t.gifw00t.gif

do you guys think Woon becomes more handsome after every episode? I like his scenes with Hwon :wub: (actually there're 3 couples I like in this drama: Hwon-YW/Wol, Hwon-Woon, Hwon-Sang Sun, lol)

I think the next episode would focus on the reunion between Wol and her family. She'd hide her real identity but they' can finally meet, I really hope so. I also guess Wol will help people in the infirmary but it's impossible for Hwon to summon her back. I want to see the confrontation between Hwon and NY in next ep. too! :lol:

Guest delilahrose

Hello lovely people! am like many of you, a newbie!

I'm so into the show that I'm constantly checking this thread so thank you so much for all the comments & spoilers! =) don't know how i will get through wed & thurs without them!

Just finished ep 14 and oh man! did anyone get goosebumps all over when Wol regained her memory?? i felt it right to my toes !

seems like it wil be a tough road ahead but cant wait for Hwon & her to meet again...

Do you remember this preview for ep 11? The first preview which they post in MBC site then changed it after a while?

Do you see the similarity? Wol working in the infirmary and YM went to see her then Hwon came and saw both of them and felt jealous?? Did they changed the script along the way???!

I really hope that they won't disappoint us in ep 15 especially with the new momentum they have been able to obtain in episode 14.

A little off topic, I've done some math, I searched for that ep 11 preview since it is familiar and found it in page 124. Imagine in just 4 episodes the thread has filled up 85 pages!!!! w00t.gif  w00t.gif

I LOVE IT IN CHAPTER 13 WHEN HWON SAID TO WOL "YOU'RE WORRIED THAT I AM EMBRACING ANOTHER WOMAN":wub: :wub: :wub:  OMG!THIS REALLY TICKLES ME.I DONT CARE EVEN IF HAN GA IN IS A LOT OLDER TO HWON IN REAL LIFE WHAT MATTERS MOST IS THEY ARE JUST ACTING AND DOING THIER GREAT JOB:D

Hello lovely people! am like many of you, a newbie!

I'm so into the show that I'm constantly checking this thread so thank you so much for all the comments & spoilers! =) don't know how i will get through wed & thurs without them!

Just finished ep 14 and oh man! did anyone get goosebumps all over when Wol regained her memory?? i felt it right to my toes !

seems like it wil be a tough road ahead but cant wait for Hwon & her to meet again...

I LOVE IT WHEN WOL SAID"YEON YU WONT CRY ANYMORE"WAAAAAAAAAAA SOUNDS LIKE THE REAL QUEEN COMES BACK TO LIFE AND BUK YUNG WILL BE PUNISHED WITH HER EVIL DAD AND GRANNY.

just finished watching Ep14 with subs

I've been watch ep14, 3 times now. and everytime I watch it, the scene of after Hwon meeting Wol in the prison. when he blaming himself again for not doing much for Wol and cried to Woon always make me tears up tears.giftears.giftears.gif

it just so touching seeing how helpless he is... T_T

I love seeing how eventually Shaman Jang cant interfere more in Yeonwoo and Hwon fate.

My favorite quote from Shaman Jang:

Even if everything is cast into darkness, within it is a hidden moon whose brightness cannot be concealed - Shaman Jang when she met with Seol

The fate that people have cut short, the heavens wish to continue.

After the change in skies, everything will return to its original place.

A foul wind and bloody rain will come.

No one can escape.

- Shaman Jang, the moment that make her decide that she cant longer interfere in their fate anymore

The marriage predestined by fate, that was severed by human hands, will be reinstated by the Heavens.

After the change in skies, everything will back to it proper place. - Shaman Jang narrated during the eclipse

"Everything will back to it proper place" I love this phrase so much ^^

I cant wait to see what's next for this drama hehe ^_^

a clip of Yeo Jingu appearance on Gag Concert

20120212 개콘 여진구

love the reaction girls audience when Jingu appear :w00t:

and lol at when Gagwoman Park Jisun hugs Jingu and he replied "Noona, I'm still a middle-high-schooler" LOL :lol:

and a clilp of jealous Lee Minho telling the story at Strong Heart :lol:

Jealous Lee Minho

cr: Lthee1 @ yt

seeing how jealous Minho is kinda sad seeing how the "Prince Yangmyung" will never ever get in between "Hwon" and "Yeonwoo" lol XD

After YW's death, I had posed the question as to why the King, at that time, had not conducted an investigation.  Since he must have been smart enough to be suspicious of his own mother and Lord Yoon.  After watching the subs on ep. 13, in the Hulu and Dramafever versions, where there was a reference to "Helen of Troy", I have a possible secret/spoiler:

It was the King who ordered NK to 'remove' YW as the crown princess.  He did it so that his two sons would not war with each other for her.  He did it to protect his sons; especially YM, who would be tempted to join the opposition to overthrow Lee Hwon, for the sake of a woman, which is the story of Helen of Troy.  

So, NK received:

1. Aeri's last request to protect YW, AND
  2. the Dowager Queen's command to kill YW, AND
  3. the King's command to take away YW.
That's a hell of an assignment.   wacko.gif  And, the result is the current situation.  huh.gif

If my supposition is correct, then, we will move to the dark side with the two brothers going to war over a woman.  YM is going to stage a rebellion to overthrown the King.  Nooooo!  :tears:

I also hope that it will happened that way too.

For those who have read the novel or those who knows the story, when and what event will trigger Wol to ADMIT and reveal that she is YW ? What is the last piece of evidence that eventually leads Hwon to confirm that Wol is YW ?

Appreciate the reply.

The last piece of the evidence is the one and only BINYEO-THE GOLDEN HAIRPIN given personally by hwon to yw. It was actually in janshil's possession. Also now we do not know who is having it becoz wol forget about the bag she packed for js with that pin when she had a puppet show date with hwon. My guess is that blue bag should be with WOON.

Guest floreceann

After YW's death, I had posed the question as to why the King, at that  time, had not conducted an investigation.  Since he must have been smart  enough to be suspicious of his own mother and Lord Yoon.  After  watching the subs on ep. 13, in the Hulu and Dramafever versions, where  there was a reference to "Helen of Troy", I have a possible  secret/spoiler:

It was the King who ordered NK to  'remove' YW as the crown princess.  He did it so that his two sons would  not war with each other for her.  He did it to protect his sons;  especially YM, who would be tempted to join the opposition to overthrow  Lee Hwon, for the sake of a woman, which is the story of Helen of  Troy.  

So, NK received:

That's a hell of an assignment.   *quoted image*  And, the result is the current situation.  *quoted image*

If  my supposition is correct, then, we will move to the dark side with the  two brothers going to war over a woman.  YM is going to stage a  rebellion to overthrown the King.  Nooooo!  :tears:

If YM rebel against the king by overthrowing, it will be a whole lot of a mess.  I don't know who's side Woon and Yeom take if that happens. Hope that YM will be sacrificial to his brother.

After YW's death, I had posed the question as to why the King, at that  time, had not conducted an investigation.  Since he must have been smart  enough to be suspicious of his own mother and Lord Yoon.  After  watching the subs on ep. 13, in the Hulu and Dramafever versions, where  there was a reference to "Helen of Troy", I have a possible  secret/spoiler:

It was the King who ordered NK to  'remove' YW as the crown princess.  He did it so that his two sons would  not war with each other for her.  He did it to protect his sons;  especially YM, who would be tempted to join the opposition to overthrow  Lee Hwon, for the sake of a woman, which is the story of Helen of  Troy.  

So, NK received:

That's a hell of an assignment.   *quoted image*  And, the result is the current situation.  *quoted image*

If  my supposition is correct, then, we will move to the dark side with the  two brothers going to war over a woman.  YM is going to stage a  rebellion to overthrown the King.  Nooooo!  :tears:

As far as I can remember it was the Queen Dowager who ordered NK to kill YW. Maybe the reason why the king before didn't investigate is because her mother was involved as well as his beloved princess Minhwa.

Guest sofluffy

And so, that episode came at last ! 

Daebak episode 14 ^_^ !

I loved YW determination to never cry again, scary ! I fear for her opponents hihi :D