[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

Guest V.I.P = ME

I just start watching this drama since episode 1 to 9 yesterday and it was totally awesome!

and I just can't wait to see how the thing's going in the next week episode.

By the way the rating is so incredibly high! Kim Soohyun has done a very great job in this drama.

I always tear up when I see him cry T^T

hello guys...good day everyone...i've been lurking for quite sometime now but i just can't hold anymore the question i've been meaning to ask to those who can answer this question..it's about the hairpin or hairpins..

the grandmother queen wears this:

*quoted image*

the queen mother wears this:

*quoted image*

while the queen is wearing this:

*quoted image*

and of course, "The Moon That Embraces The Sun" hairpin that Crown Prince Lee Hwon gave to his deposed Crown Princess:

*quoted image*

i am just curious why is it that the hairpin of the current Queen is just an ordinary hairpin compared to the 3 hairpins? though they're all gold..i mean, does it have any significance or meaning at all?

This is just my own opinion.. Maybe because king Hwon hasn't slept with her yet, so she not become completed to be real queen... at least she must has a heir..

Jung Il Woo Sorrowful Confession Moved Audience to Tears

Jung Il Woo is shedding tears in The Moon Embracing the Sun, moving the audience to tears.

In the episode 10 of The Moon Embracing the Sun broadcast on February 2nd, 2012, the harrowing and innocent love of Prince Yang Myung is shown.

When Yang Myung is drinking together with Yeom, he confessed his remorseful love to Yeon Woo that have been forbore for 8 years. The only time his heart was revealed after the death of Yeon Woo, was during the time he told Hwon that if Hwon cannot protects Yeon Woo to the last, he should give her to him. Yang Myung tells everything beginning from since he knew Yeon Woo to still loving Yeon Woo at present to Yeom, touching viewers.

For Yang Myung who is treated coldly during childhood in the royal family, the Yeom’s family is the only place he can linger. He met Yeon Woo there, allowing her to become his only and the first lover in his life.

Once he ignore his love to Yeon Woo because of romance between Hwon and Yeon Woo, however inside his heart, he never wavers, that is why Yang Myung is feeling sad inside his heart. And after the years, he always want to display the unreleasable love.

The earnest and sorrowful confession of Yang Myung is full of cherish of past memories and the love to Yeon Woo, and he said that he regretted it’s his mistake for not running away with Yeon Woo, causing deep pain inside him. Looking at such Yang Myung, the audience is on the verge of tears

At the end of the drama, Kim Soo Hyung has almost recognized Han Ga In, and the look of Jung Il Woo asking Han Gain if she recognizes him is raising the anticipation of audience.

via Joynews24

Credit: asian-drama

Jansil merely said i can help you meet the person you are looking for

and i think so too. Woon is a character who says the littlest but senses everything.

g'night. ^^

.. wow it's beautiful words. those words " i can help you meet the person you are looking for " are basically lead to him to a person that he is been looking.

1. he is looking for Wol a shaman like she said.

and

2. he looking Yeon-Woo in Wol .. a person that he deary so much ...

In a way, Jansil know by telling him where is Wol is always telling him about the Moon which she prohibited to mention about it.

Show2007 Thank you so much for the post on the Baduk. Greater appreciation for it now. AS for Gutter Academy, where are the gutter scenes to say that we have been naughty and deserve our certificates??? I don't think we have even come close. Sure there are hands and feet flashing on screen but seriously we need the real thing to say we have been officially exposed to earth shattering, heart fluttering, jaw dropping,gutter moment before we can officially say we are proud students.

1Crazynyt I agree with you on the favorite moments. He is so amazing with his eyes. Such a great actor. Is there a part of his body that we haven't fallen in love with and is going crazy over??? Can't wait for more of him on screen. Yummy!!!!

Okay now back to business. Episode 10 really protrayed to me of how much WOON is actually falling for WOL. I think he is mesmerized by her as well. Yes, he is falling for her like the book and I was hoping to spare him his heart for another but I guess he is also at the mercy of the MOON and it's spell. Poor Woon:

1. Taken by her beauty when they first meet at the small hut, startled and shaken by her smart comment about are you going to guard the KING only with your sword and not taste the drink

2. Though telling the KING that HWON is being bewitched and must shake her, he himself is also bewitched and rides madly in trying to find her back at the hut only to find nothing

3. Meeting her as a human amulet and having to stay silent but even worse, seeing how Hwon and Wol are connecting and how her presence makes HWon happy even when he is sleeping

4. Watching Wol pinned down by Hwon, having her being dragged away but helpless to save her

5. Being an observer of Hwon and Wol falling for each other and all he can do is watch and never confess his feelings for her.

5. Finding out first that the writing of WOL is similiar to Yeon Woo and later witnessing Hwon figuring out the truth which from now on, WOON could never ever be with WOL because she is indeed YEON WOO.

In all the scenes I find that Woon senses all the things that were exposed or uncovered by HWON before HWON uncovers them. However Woon doesn't tell Hwon willingly. HE only lets Hwon find out and always has that regretful look as if he is almost saddened by each discovery. Ahhhh, the silent love that could be only observed from afar....can look but can't touch, can feel but never express, sad sad sad.

ON a happier note, I am so happy that Hwon is piecing it all together. Super smart my boy!!! Love ya babe!!!! Even with her memory gone, I bet Hwon will love her no matter what. He can try to win her heart all over again and what woman in her right mind would be able to resist??

Okay now back to business. Episode 10 really protrayed to me of how much WOON is actually falling for WOL. I think he is mesmerized by her as well. Yes, he is falling for her like the book and I was hoping to spare him his heart for another but I guess he is also at the mercy of the MOON and it's spell. Poor Woon:

1. Taken by her beauty when they first meet at the small hut, startled and shaken by her smart comment about are you going to guard the KING only with your sword and not taste the drink

2. Though telling the KING that HWON is being bewitched and must shake her, he himself is also bewitched and rides madly in trying to find her back at the hut only to find nothing

3. Meeting her as a human amulet and having to stay silent but even worse, seeing how Hwon and Wol are connecting and how her presence makes HWon happy even when he is sleeping

4. Watching Wol pinned down by Hwon, having her being dragged away but helpless to save her

5. Being an observer of Hwon and Wol falling for each other and all he can do is watch and never confess his feelings for her.

5. Finding out first that the writing of WOL is similiar to Yeon Woo and later witnessing Hwon figuring out the truth which from now on, WOON could never ever be with WOL because she is indeed YEON WOO.

In all the scenes I find that Woon senses all the things that were exposed or uncovered by HWON before HWON uncovers them. However Woon doesn't tell Hwon willingly. HE only lets Hwon find out and always has that regretful look as if he is almost saddened by each discovery. Ahhhh, the silent love that could be only observed from afar....can look but can't touch, can feel but never express, sad sad sad.

ON a happier note, I am so happy that Hwon is piecing it all together. Super smart my boy!!! Love ya babe!!!! Even with her memory gone, I bet Hwon will love her no matter what. He can try to win her heart all over again and what woman in her right mind would be able to resist??

Woon is growing on me... Why these guys need to fall for one woman??? It breaks my heart seeing YM's unrequited love and Woon added to that grieve. Actually, I just find it a little odd when Hwon told YW if she is there to strangle him? Well, Woon was there all the time and I don't think he will let it go if somebody dares to lay his finger to harm the King. Hehhehe! When Woon looked for Wol, I believe that the stones he found on the vacant hut are somewhat significant but I haven’t found the answer until episode 10.

Speaking of the next episode, I am really hoping that YW will be able to regain her memory back. KSH and JIW’s are EXTREMELY AWESOME and I wanted to see the the same passion and angst I’ve seen in their eyes with YW’s eyes! I understand that she doesn’t know her identity and she has already accepted the fact that she is just a shaman that’s why she cannot return the same intensity. Though I want to understand BUT I am really frustrated! I am not complaining about HGI's acting as I believe she is delivering it well and the situation requires for that feeling but I want more…. and more and more and a KISS!!! :wub::wub:

At this point, I am excited to see episode 11 but the same time I am afraid to face it as I feel that the rivalry between brothers will officially start next week with YM not backing out this time despite his unrequited love and with Hwon who don't want to repeat the mistake of not being able to protect the woman he truly loves.

Guest summerlamb

This is just a rambling about how miserable my marriage life is on the night of Ep10 The Moon that Embraces the Sun.

Feel free to skip.

Time : 8.55pm Malaysia Local Time ( 9.55 South Korea Local Time)

Hubby’s profile: An avid reader across genres who loves paintball + tennis. Fav TV channel is ESPN, Starsport & National Geographic (Duh! Boring~~). An engineer who thinks that Lee Seung Gi is far from cute and Super Junior cannot sing.

Me :: Ok, it’s about to start. Few rules…

Hubby :: Eh?

Me :: Do not interrupt me while I’m watching. Do not bash the actors. I mean the nice ones. Ga In is gorgeous but you are only allowed saying she’s beautiful twice.

Hubby :: What? Only twice? But..

Me :: And don’t even start with “ This story doesn’t make sense coz logically is it supposed to be  bla bla bla” It’s a fiction. Of course half of it doesn’t make sense. And. You DON’T get to bash KSH a.k.a The King. Period. He’s my love.

Hubby :: Erk ?Then who am I?

Me :: You’re my husband. (Hahahaha, you guys should look at his face when I said that. He’s like “Crap, my wife is possessed”)

After 2 hours..

Hubby :: So can I speak now?

Me :: Please.

Hubby :: What it is about girls and crying Korean men? It’s like you girls are mesmerized by them? And all they do is crying?

Me :: Heh. They are strong guys with soft hearts. Besides, they’re beautiful when they’re crying.

Hubby :: So if I cry, you’ll love me more?

Me :: I said BEAUTIFUL.

Hubby :: Whatever.

Me :: What do you think ? Complicated or not ?

Hubby :: Frankly?

Me :: Yes.

Hubby :: Frankly, I don’t understand a single word. Hahahahaha! I’m a fluent Malay and English. All I know about Korean is chinca and babo.

Me :: Ya! I already explained it briefly just now.

Hubby ::  Ok2. It’s complicated only because the girl has a screwed brain. Is it brain ? No. Memory. Just wait until she figures it out. Then you’ll get your kiss.

Me :: That’s all? After all I said, that is your conclusion??!!

Hubby :: What ? He’s clearly in love with the dead girlfriend. So we just need the dead girlfriend to become not dead. All the politics and amnesia thingy are just details.

Me :: What about the king’s brother? He’s in love with the girl too.

Hubby :: But was she? Is she? Babe, it takes two to tango. However, whatever hard it will be, true love is meant to be together. This is a Korean Drama. I know the trick already. Eh, the brother can go with the other girl maa. The one that hugged him. Looking cute.

Me :: But you see. Let say the girl finally got her memory back, there are still plots against the king. I mean, her finally out of amnesia will only worsen the situation.

Hubby :: I thot you said the girl is smart and brilliant ? Nah, she will team up with the king plus the king’s brother and her brother and her brother’s best friend to take down that never-aging-Grandmama. You know like those Italian job stories whatever.

Me :: Haih. I knew it . I knew your answer will be a stone. I better stick to my friends in forum. They are more substantial!

Hubby :: What? You asked me to be frank. That is the frankest answers I can give. Haha. Yet you’re married to this stone guy. But hey, the queen is something eh? Pretty queen. I can totally fall for her.

Me :: Are you kidding me? She’s the worst!

Hubby :: Haha. Exactly. You are enough headache for me. Don’t need another one.

Me :: Ya!

Hubby :: I’m sorry you didn’t get to see the kiss tonight. Seems like my journey to work tomorrow will be a joyful one. My Songs!! Woohoo!!

Me :: Bye. I’m going to bed now.

Hubby :: Erk?!

I wanted the kiss so badly yesterday so that I can throw it back to his face. I guess “Eat that, Sucker!!” will have to wait until next week. Please kiss by then!! Pretty PLEASE!!

Too funny :D

Does anyone know where can i buy the Moon that embraces the sun books? I'm thinking of purchasing both of them to read but don't know which site sells them.

Thank You

Yes24.com / Gmarket.com / hanbooks.com (for US) have them :)

I do wonder why YW left the letter inside the box, because there is a possibility that it would never have been found and the box not reaching Hwon. Perhaps it also shows that YW was leaving it to fate to decide if Hwon should get the box or not (she could simply have left the letter on top of the box in plain sight). Also, it could also be that she was fighting with herself, wanting to be remembered by Hwon and yet also be forgotten at the same time (because she knows he will be in pain).

Nice way it turned out, the letter and box reaches when just when they reunite, and also just when he is getting tired from being a king. YW reminds him of his duty to his people and gives him encouragement through the chess box (once you put the chess piece down you cannot take it back and so you make the best out of it to win), even in her "death". This means so much more to Hwon because as we see in the drama, he shows no signs of wanting to give up kingship or letting Yang Myung take over. When he was speaking with Woon, he said he was tired from being king but he never once said he DIDN'T want to be king. This is so, even when he once said that Yang Myung was someone smarter and strong than himself. So it shows that Hwon has an ambition, to be a good king and now he is tired and just at this moment, fate intervenes, bringing him YW's encouragement AND the girl herself :D

So since he knows that Wol is YW, will we be getting more manly desire scenes? w00t.gifw00t.gifw00t.gif

Indeed it's fate...the letter was found when Hwon gets supicious about Wol's real identity...heaven has its way of reuniting the sun and moon even when NK is trying hard to avoid it so as to save Wol.

Hwon knows he's capable of being the king but is frustrated with the inability to have similarly capable people around him. Remember the young Hwon told his father that he hated his past teachers cos all they did was to praise him and nothing else. No one dared to argue or challenge him in his thoughts and decisions. He doesn't want to be all high and mighty, he wants to be treated fairly and equally with his peers. That's why he favours Yeom and YW so much cos they aren't afraid to disagree with him and is able to engage him in some thought-provoking discussions. Hwon loves YW for her intellect more than anything else and he's fully aware that only YW has the grace and substance to stand beside him as his queen while he rules the country.

Even though Wol lost her memories but I'm glad she never lost her personality. Although her status has been degraded to a lowly shaman but she isn't afraid to talk back to the king or stand up for what she believes. I bet Hwon will fall in love with her even if she wasn't YW cos she has the brains and integrity.

As for BK, even if she wasn't Lord Yoon's daughter, Hwon would never fall for her since she lacks substance. All she cares about is how to win his favour with a plastered smile on her face. That's the last thing on Hwon's mind. If BK was just slightly more intellegent and had more flare in poetry and what not, then she might still stand a chance in winning Hwon's heart. Too bad Hwon's not interested in bimbos :)

Please put spoilers in spoiler tags, don't just change the font color. I just read a huge spoiler by accident, and was so pissed, I started cursing, which is really bad, because I don't usually curse. I even surprised myself with the words that were coming out of my own mouth, lol. That shows how into this drama I am.

Kim Soo Hyun is amazing. He totally sold all the right emotions. His look of longing, his look of anguish, pain and then his tears at the end of episode 10. I was freaking bawling. Sigh, now we wait for another week.

Guest flowerboyramyunshop_FB

I got trolled by this picture set:

*quoted image*

OMG Mr. Vampire Prosecutor... don't haunt meeeeee. ;))

that was crazy !! :w00t:

BTW, i was kinda distracted while watching that scene of course, maybe because of the prelude discussions of the hands anatomy and physiognomy related to Nok Young's statement of the next Heir? Oh well, it was freaking cold outside as what Eunuch HS pointed out , and Hwon is mad (about himself of having this mix emotions and desire engulfing him, thinking that this woman in front of him is yeon woo's resemblance ) . so there.. :phew:

ETA

tumblr_lysyusSBI61qciizwo1_500.gif

tumblr_lysyusSBI61qciizwo2_500.gif

tumblr_lysutgxms81qciizwo1_250.giftumblr_lysutgxms81qciizwo2_250.gif

tumblr_lysutgxms81qciizwo3_250.giftumblr_lysutgxms81qciizwo4_250.gif