[Drama 2012] The Moon that Embraces the Sun 해를 품은 달

Guest yeohweping

Guest applexu114

I'm a fan of 적혈야화 since that person is really good at making videos and I was SOOOO excited to hear that she made some for MoonSun!!! I just had to share them with you guys!

:wub: :wub: :wub:

The Moon that Embraces the Sun - Parody

[The Sun That Embraces the Moon] [sungkyunkwan Scandal]

OMG, both videos are just WOW. I have seen some of her fanmade videos for CYHMH and I admire this girl a lot for making such awesome videos. She just nailed it again with these videos. The first one is simply beautiful and interesting while the second one ,LOL, is a surprise to me (I should have known it since she made video for junha and dongjoon before LOL)

I am officially delurking to join St.Soompi's Academy MoonSun class. Baduy Gyosu-nim is too much a riot to ignore.

@baduy - Gyosunim, I've been re-reading all your posts about Mencius and then re-watched the episodes after. Everything is starting to make sense. I was wondering why QD is so obsessed with power and also why Hoonie is so evil. Thank you. It's nice to 'think' that I'm actually learning something when indulging myself in kdramaland. Ha!!

@all MoonSun-er (or is it SunMooner?) - Just want to say I love this series. I'm with all of you who are waiting anxiously for ep. 9 preview, or BTS pics or any scrap of news ... Yes, I've refreshed this page 5 x in the last 2 mins. Yes, I'm obsessed. Yes, I have a girl crush on Han Ga In (I don't care how old she is - I think she is doing brilliantly. Well, those cute kitten eyes will make up any shortcoming she has). Yes, I was wondering is Baduy Gyosunim is single (he's not, I checked his profile). Yes, if I'm single, I'd want to join in the mob trying to marry him (I'm not single - married with 2 kids). Yes, I wish Wed comes early this week.

TMETS fighting!!

*S

I am officially delurking to join St.Soompi's Academy MoonSun class. Baduy Gyosu-nim is too much a riot to ignore.

@baduy - Gyosunim, I've been re-reading all your posts about Mencius and then re-watched the episodes after. Everything is starting to make sense. I was wondering why QD is so obsessed with power and also why Hoonie is so evil. Thank you.  It's nice to 'think' that I'm actually learning something when indulging myself in kdramaland. Ha!!

@all MoonSun-er (or is it SunMooner?) - Just want to say I love this series. I'm with all of you who are waiting anxiously for ep. 9 preview, or BTS pics or any scrap of news ... Yes, I've refreshed this page 5 x in the last 2 mins. Yes, I'm obsessed. Yes, I have a girl crush on Han Ga In (I don't care how old she is - I think she is doing brilliantly. Well, those cute kitten eyes will make up any shortcoming she has). Yes, I was wondering is Baduy Gyosunim is single (he's not, I checked his profile).  Yes, if I'm single, I'd want to join in the mob trying to marry him (I'm not single - married with 2 kids).  Yes, I wish Wed comes early this week.

TMETS fighting!!

*S

Ah, all the girls I work with will be disappointed about baduy. (LOL) Do people actually read the profiles? blink.gif I guess I should figure out how to fill all of mine in - I only just figured out how to add an avatar recently! My crush in this drama is the new youngster who plays Woon. (Lee Won Geun) He's beyond adorable. I am, however, his noona. *sigh* I'm 2 years older. sad.gif 

Pics here:

http://whoopeeyoo.com/2012/01/27/lee-won-geun-random-post-1/ 

It does seem very odd that it's late Tuesday and still no video preview? What's up with that? unsure.gif

First post here on this thread. I was going to wait until the drama is over to start watching but found myself going through the entire 8 episodes last night until past 4 am. Really regret doing that because now I have to go through the torture of waiting for the next episode. I really really like the leads, both the younger version and the older version. Can't wait to see whats going to happen next.

Anyone watching it streaming tomorrow? Where can we watch this? Thanks in advance.

Guest arathegreat

Wow, MBC really knows our weakness.

I've been awake the whole night just to check for the video preview but no one posted here.

The excitement's killing me now.

By the way, I wanna enroll to the MoonSun Academy Class. LOL

@Baduy:  I don't know why you're surprised about the young ladies of St. Soompi Academy's MoonSun Class.  Haven't you heard that such religious educational institutions are known for producing either saints or sinners?

I can personally attest to the accuracy of that statement, after looking over my graduating class.  :P:w00t:

Guest kayana20

Joining this lovely thread I finally am ready to stop lurking.My biggest concern when Yeon woo gets her memory back is will she remember Hwon and the love they shared or is he going to be the one who realizes who she is first?I foresee the past catching up and old plots being reborn to kill both Hwon and Yeon Woo.

Joining this lovely thread I finally am ready to stop lurking.My biggest concern when Yeon woo gets her memory  back is will she remember Hwon and the love they shared or is he going to be the one who realizes who she is first?I foresee the past catching up and old plots being reborn to kill both Hwon and Yeon Woo.

I think there is already a plot to eliminate Hwon but they want him to produce an heir first. THEN they'll get rid of him somehow. (someone correct me if I'm wrong) I don't know if Grandma is in on this one as well? Or if it's just Minister Yoon and some of the other ministers. 

I do get terrified anytime Wol is anywhere near the palace. I'm literally screaming at my monitor for her to "Get out of there!" crazy.gif If any of the Yoon clan figure out who Wol is, she's toast. (and Nok Young as well) 

they say that the preview can come out anymoment.....so stay tuned ;)....I bet its out in half an hour or 1hour :)  Shall we make bets XD

I'm studying for my exam tomorrow and every 3/4/5 min I'm refreshing facebook, soompi and youtube XD And its a good way of studying cuz this way I;m more able to understand it....Any other SunMooners with this same ' neurotic disease' :P

@AuntieMame - I second that. I'm a living proof. Went to an all-girl catholic school (long long looooong ago) and ended up an byuntae fanfic writer. Go figure!

@tessieroo - Woon sure is pretty. If there is any flaw from TMETS, it is giving us waaaay too many flower boys to adore. Well, I should say the girls are totally adorable, too. But my boy crush has got to be Kim Soo Hyun. Ever since Will it Snow at Christmas, he just grabbed my heart and won't let got. That cold stare he gave to the queen is swoon worthy. Yes, I read his profile .. that is if it's his REAL profile. I just figure out how to update my profile earlier. It only took me 45 min to change my avatar. Yes, I'm a tech-tard, but hubby is a whiz for it. So, we complete each other .... Sorry, I threw up a little bit at my own corniness.

@kimchi216 - I love BOTH clips. They are so amazing. The second one was a surprise for me, too. But Soon Joong Ki is in it, so I'm loving it.

It is very odd that there is no preview. I'm scare that the live-shoot mode will totally kill this drama.

BTW, yes, I'm here again. I have to check if there is anything new, right?

*S

LOL!! How convenient :D

Our four ancient flower boys wearing flowers ........... they looks so so so so adorable!!! High Cut has always great photoshoots :)

OMFG... I just imagined Soo Hyun and Il Woo in a photoshoot together............. nosebleed!!! That would be epic!!!

PS: Si Wan's handsomeness just blew me away... Such a pretty boy :) But I have to say young Min Ho is oozing with his own charisma too :) 

- but no worries Il Woo oppa, I'm still faithful to you, ke ke ke ^_^

The Game in EP6 that is like golf, is there anybody know what does it called?

Actually, it's called "golf". Or 궐 which is as close to the sounds as Korean pronunciation allows. [EDIT: That bit of the post is complete nonsense. Even if my stupid error of somehow typing 궐 when I meant 골프 is taken into account, it's still wrong. Please see dramaok's correct response to the question below, and my follow-up posting later in this thread.

However, the stuff about the "Netherlands connections" of Joseon Korea is still valid (minus my speculation that it may have extended to sports as well as weapons technology) so I'll let it stand, even if it's not terribly relevant. But then, how often are my posts relevant?]

I've no idea whether golf was played in Joseon Korea at the time this drama is set (not that it's possible to say when it's set with any great precision), but it would be possible. since golf in a recognisable form has been played in Scotland since the 15th century. Perhaps more to the point, it was also widely played from late medieval times in the Netherlands, and that could just be how it might have reached the "hermit kingdom", which of course for most of the Joseon era kept itself sealed off from the West. But from time to time, merchants from the Netherlands got their navigation in a muddle when trying to reach Indonesia and ended up shipwrecked in Korea. Such accidental immigrants were normally well treated by the locals, but they were hardly ever allowed to leave again. A small number of them did get away in the 18th century, and provided the first written accounts of Korea to reach the West. There is a highly distorted snippet of this in Tamra the Island, and a Dutch canon maker and his super weapons also figured in the Return of Iljimae.

But the palace soccer game in ep2 (or was it 3?), played in accordance with the rules of the U.K. Football Association, is definitely just a bit of fun the drama production is having with us. And no, the word macho (can't remember right now which episode that comes up in) was not actually known, let alone used in Joseon Korea. History this ain't.

As for that shot of HGI SITTING ON A WASHING MACHINE... I don't think I'd better say any more. This thread is naughty enough already. But then, maybe Korean washing machines are so perfectly engineered that they don't ... er ... vibrate, so she and her hubby won't know what some of us are inevitably thinking.

As for that shot of HGI SITTING ON A WASHING MACHINE...   I don't think I'd better say any more.  This thread is naughty enough already. But then, maybe Korean washing machines are so perfectly engineered that they don't ... er  ... vibrate, so she and her hubby won't know what some of us are inevitably thinking.

blink.gif  SEON-SAENG-NIM! 

Here I am once again thinking PG thoughts until I read your post about a picture. You are having way too much fun here. laugh.gif  Where is our preview? dry.gif

Guest valmylove

I am with all of you....anticipating the new episode's preview.... I just hope to see it before heading to bed!!

BTW, have anyone else DL their app? I DLed it and want to use it but it's not English at all! *pulls hair* Anyone can help do the basic tutorial for us less fortunate?!?

Thanks.

The Moon That Embraces the Sun's F4 High Cut Magazine Photo shoot!

Im Siwan (Yeom), Yuh Jin Goo (Hwon), Lee Won Gun (Woon), Lee Minho (Yang Myung)

*quoted image*

Im Siwan (Yeom)

*quoted image*

Yuh Jin Goo (Hwon)

*quoted image*

SOURCE: DC GALLERY

This is the first time I had ever seen Lee Won Gun in a drama. All I can say is he is too pretty for words! wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif