[Drama 2011-12] TV Novel Dear My Sister/Bokhee Noona TV소설 복희 누나

creidesca

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Junmo's sister has sent her to the Holt Agency. I've always thought she would do that since she couldn't persuade her brother to send JY to an orphanage.

What is the "Holt Agency," an adoption agency?

It is really interesting to see/hear other cultures and their emphasis on "blood" relations.  Why adopt if won't accept adopted relatives the same as family?  Hilarious that Junmo's sister decides to cast-off Eunyoung's child, what nerve making those decisions for her brother.  Family relations are much different in other cultures.  In the US, the emphasis is not on extended family, but on nuclear (immediate) family.  Plus, emphasis is more individual not on family or community.  

Today KBS broadcast episode 77 in sunny So Cal, Junmo has been arrrested, Eunyoung (?) is being weak and whiny and pathetic.  BG ahjusshi o the rescue!  It looks really funny with Bokhee and Eunyoung to be facing Junmo in jail like two wives.  BH ahjusshi was squirming seeing Bokhee standing side-by-side with Junmo's wife and shooed her out.  

Plus, why does Mija never follow-through with her threats to divorce Malgu, she could at least toss him out.   It would make for comic relief to see him banging on the gate begging to come in.  

What is the "Holt Agency," an adoption agency?

specifically an adoption agency that adopts to overseas (i think US?) ... they want to make sure if they send JY away ... it's far far away ... although the justification is that she'll definitely have better life & education being adopted to US. :ph34r:

since nurse Na is kind of psycho in the way she kept trying to manipulate JY to get attach to her ... is it not possible she finally took JY home with her to see the pet dogs without telling any of the family members since they repeatedly turned down her request to do so? i don't know what JM's sister is thinking of if she really just sent JY away after BH managed to dissuade them of the idea ... that the JY is the only person who can make JM move on with life without EY. i should think they are too busy at the moment planning MS's wedding to have time to think of sending JY away and facing JM's anger.

i hope my ears is playing tricks on me ... did MG give the stash of cash which is his recovered savings to BG ahjussi telling him he wants to invest in his company or something? i hope BG ahjussi will just laugh him out of the door or give him the evil eye and throw his sorry richard simmons out which is what that dumbo deserves although i doubt he's going to do that on account of BH so there goes my satisfaction. <_< ...  he's already annoying enough being a loser ... imagine him strutting around boasting about how smart he was if he made money thanks to BG ahjussi's help. tongue2.gif

Hmm, just saw the preview at the end of EP 121 (live feed online)...

wow, already not soon after the wedding and MS and EJ arguing?!

Oh, that is just plain mean!  What else is going on??  

What is happening with BG ahjusshi and Malgu?  

What did BG ahjusshi say to Junmo that caused him to snap at Junyeoung and Bokhee?  

It appears that everything is going to start wrapping up. Maybe a little more drama between the soju company and the rice-wine winery.  Maybe Geumju will decide to go with the college professor, Junmo?  He comes with a built-in replacement daughter.   

I am waiting for Youngpyo to get over his obsession with Geumju, to meet a nice woman and get married.  Wonder if he has met Nurse Na?  tongue.gif

after long time watched ep.123 live. nice ep. BG ahjusshi and junmo are like right and left hand for BH. i liked that scene where BH is sitting in the centre of the lunch table and BG ahjusshi on the left side of her and Junmo on her right side. at last she succeeded in preparing the makgeolli. now she is going to trade her wine in the market. Geumju on everybody's advice, seems to persue her higher studies in fashion which she discontinued. minsu and eunju having good time during their honeymoon.

I find Bokhui is turning out to be a shameless User. She's getting to be more annoying than Malgu and Mija! Just because HBG stole little Boknam's cookie ages ago, she thinks he owes them forever. Boknam has more conscience and told her to stop asking favors from HBG. Good for Boknam!

Just out of curiosity how do these TV Novel dramas differ from the standard daily dramas like Just You, Just Like Today, An Angel's Choice or Welcome Rain To My Life? Looking at this series and the one that's replacing it the only real thing that sticks out at me is the time frame appears to be about the same 60s-70s. For this type of daily are they less focused on the revenge plot that seems to be rather popular and more focused on the family (kind of like the drama Ojakgyo Brothers)

I believe it tends to be more family focused plus we get to see the hardships/struggles/class differences while living in those times, which is why I am so attracted to them. My first TV Novel was "My Star, My Love" (KBS World title) or "You are a Star" with Han Hye Jin, Kim Seung Soo, and Go Do Shim.

Thanks CREIDESCA for the info, I like this series, sorry to see it end.  Perhaps it will be replaced by something just as good?

Did notice, upon reflection after reading comment, that this series does lack revenge theme.  Thankfully.  Main character is typical Korean heroine: bright, positive, and meets all challenges with grace and confidence.  Focus is on reconciliation, not revenge.  Even Bokhee's mother, who was so mistreated by her husband's family, returns that ill will with kindness.  That isn't so bad, some series have anti-character who is hateful, lives to make life miserable for all.  This one has scheming Mija and Malgu, who are so inept they are comic relief.  

Watched Episode 125 on MVIBO, still don't know who will be Bokhee's romantic interest!  By next Friday, all will be revealed.  

Archived