[Drama 2011] Flower Boys Ramyun Shop 꽃미남 라면가게

ilwoo_aein

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one that thinks that CS reacted more when the Chef said he doen't have a mom's scent.. I think he's got mother issues, like at the start when he tought of her and turned around to go comfort EB and then at the end the Chef says he doesn't smell like anything, not even his mom.. He's so shallow that he smells empty and hollow.. Maybe I'm reading too much into this ahah..

After watching the first 4 episodes, I'm quite impressed with this drama.  It's not just a rom-com.  There's actually substance to the plot and the characters, especially Eun Bi.  :D

Besides, the rom-com vein of the drama, there's also a good message in this drama.  And, the message is that, unlike So Yi and Chi Soo, Eun Bi has personal integrity and strength of character.  She's not someone, who ignores right from wrong, and tries to find an easy way to live on a stable job and income, as So Yi insultingly said about her. tongue2.gif

It was great when Eun Bi told So Yi that with Chi Soo and So Yi in the world, Eun Bi feared for the future.  And, she was right.  What future does the world/society have when the younger generation, i.e. Chi Soo & So Yi, have no ethics or morals, lives on their own delusional pride and throws money around to solved and compensate for everything?  -_-

And, the arrogance and insensitivity of Chi Soo was incredible.  First, with the condolence money, which was given without any words of condolence and in a totally disrespectful manner.  Then, in response to Eun Bi trying to teach him that it is not right to toy with the feelings of someone, for whom he has no interest, he turned it around to her reacting as a woman who was hurt by his flirtation/'hotness'.  He still didn't understand that she was hurt not just as a woman, but, more so, as a human being.  And, not only was she hurt, she was insulted by him because he never even thought of her as a human being with feelings.  This character, as he is now in the drama, is a BIG FAT JERK!  :crazy:  This guy is like something that crawled out from underneath a rock.

His metamorphosis will be greatly welcome and it can't happen fast enough!  It will be a fun ride to see him develop into a conscionable human being.  :)

And, I hope Crazy Chicken will stop being a doormat, soon.:P

I agree! I'm totally looking forward to the high school student's transformations. I'm also expecting Eun-bi's character to have some transformations herself. Although she's tough, she also has her own share of immaturity and a slightly skewed view of the world, as her dad pointed out to her that money isn't everything, the coach thinks she's being phony, etc. I hope this drama is as good as it's building itself up to be!

Poor Crazy Chicken, young and in love!

Does anyone knows where i can buy the purple monster hoodie eun bi weared? its soo cute

In Korea, the brand is Hat's On. It's a little expensive here, about 89,000 won ㅠㅠ (over $85). Here's some links to the online shops in Korea.

lotte

cj mall

(but I know they sell a similar style at the street shops,etc. that would probably be anywhere from $20~$40... though the quality may be much less too)

Am I the only one that thinks that CS reacted more when the Chef said he doen't have a mom's scent.. I think he's got mother issues, like at the start when he tought of her and turned around to go comfort EB and then at the end the Chef says he doesn't smell like anything, not even his mom.. He's so shallow that he smells empty and hollow.. Maybe I'm reading too much into this ahah..

i think you may be right about the mom issues. also, in the first episode, chisoo told woo hyunwoo that he better reconcile with his dad, otherwise he'll have no one to live with. it sounds like all our main characters all don't have moms around anymore. they'll probably work it into the storyline soon~

Me2Day update!

ewiiwe_1321140210_67054.jpg

기쁜 주일 아침이예요^^ 오늘도 은비는 열촬모드..!! 하지만 촬영장에서 연기로 예배드리며, 오늘 하루도 선물처럼 살게요~ 오늘도 뜻하신 바 모두 이루시고, 감사와 기쁨으로 주일 보내시길..^^ 화이팅 

I'm guessing with the CCS mother issues that perhaps a brother or sister died (maybe in an accident as is the K-drama norm) leaving CCS an only child. We don't know who's photo his mum was holding when she was crying at the beginning of ep 4 in the flashback but would explain why CCS is soo precious to the dad. Maybe the grief caused the mum to die or leave the family? hmmm...only time will tell!

Nope, you are not reading too much into it.  You've hit on the exact word to describe Chi Soo and So Yi . . . 'shallow'.   And, I agree with you that it is exactly what the Chef was trying to say. 

On the other hand, it's questionable how deep a person that likes to lie down everywhere and at every opportunity can be.   Chef Kang is another wacky one.  I'm sure his back story will be very interesting, too.  It took him an hour to put on his shirt and repack his backpack, after going through security?!  Just think if he's wearing a suit of armor, it'll take him a year to put it back on.  hahaha :w00t:

@lyra_brilliantez:  "eunbi is a naive girl , plainly at her age, she's not sure if a guy is hitting on her seriously or just a plain ploy."   I'm not so sure that she is naive.  She's probably just like any other woman who can be moved/swayed by the flirtations of a 'hot hunk' of a guy.  Even if he is a jerk.  And, why won't she fantasize a bit about finding love with her Prince Charming.  Of course, then, she comes back to reality when she realizes that Prince Charming is "CHA. CHI. SOO?!!!"   :w00t:

Nope, you are not reading too much into it.  You've hit on the exact word to describe Chi Soo and So Yi . . . 'shallow'!   And, I agree with you that it is exactly what the Chef was trying to say. 

On the other hand, it's questionable how deep a person that likes to lie down everywhere and at every opportunity can be.   Chef Kang is another wacky one.  I'm sure his back story will be very interesting, too.  It took him an hour to put on his shirt and repack his backpack, after going through security?!  Just think if he's wearing a suit of armor, it'll take him a year to put it back on.  hahaha :w00t:

Auntie Mame, I'm so glad you're here and putting in your 2 cents!!! Each of these characters really drew me in, and I totally agree--CCS is one huge JERK--who needs to grow up along with So Yi. Love Ba Wool who is just as innocent as the rest of the bunch. Yup most of these kids need to grow up.. I believe the most mature one is CCS's bff--Hyun Woo!! The Chef--KH, I was hoping he just had narcolepsy but too bad it's the LAZY bug, although he does have some insight to CCS's character on the other hand it's great he's got CS rankled being a rival for the affection of Eun Bi.. Hmm, have these 2 guys met before?!!! Have they a "past" together? As for Eun Bi, I believe many of us can identify with her being naive with the opposite sex, but I'm glad she's gave CS that huge ultimatum, you go girl!! Well, I'm pretty much drawn to this cutsie Kdrama and will continue on 'til the end... Hope the writing continues to entertain... Nice to know you are here as well as the many entertaining fans of FBRS...

A big thanks to all for the gifs, translaters, subbers, links, khamsa....!!!

Guest flowerboyramyunshop_FB

@eris2

In Korea, the brand is Hat's On. It's a little expensive here, about 89,000 won ㅠㅠ (over $85). Here's some links to the online shops in Korea.

lotte

cj mall

(but I know they sell a similar style at the street shops,etc. that would probably be anywhere from $20~$40... though the quality may be much less too)

yes, theire's a brand Hat's On . and  Elstinko   ^^ ' quite pricey.

384842_157808710985096_126722077427093_244055_1002995285_n.jpg

and Eun Bi's watch is a Baby G . cute :rolleyes:

381228_157804260985541_126722077427093_244048_1590795656_n.jpg

@ilwoo_aein, here my rough translation of Lee Chung Ah me2day: :sweatingbullets:

I  am very pleased this Sunday morning, Eun Bi is on an enthusiastic mood even when it rains...^^! However, I am filming today, and I will take it  as a gift everyday. I will fulfill all you wishes today with joy and  gratitude to your Sunday worship

Guest Yang_EunBi

SOME DOSE OF NEWS TODAY ^_^

Flower Boy Ramyun Shop - Some Cable Freshness

photo205908.jpg

This new romantic comedy series has started airing over at tvN, a Korean cable channel. Big whoop, you'd tell me. Another rom-com from Korea. What's new, right? Quite a lot, I will say to you. Because romantic comedy is a very good genre to play "spot the difference" between the government controlled public television (for the most part, because there have been wonderful exceptions) and the corporate owned cable television.

For those who do not know of this, here is the short explanation. Public television is controlled by people and laws that use dated and sometimes even fascist ideology and practices when it comes to content. This means that, in public television, gay characters are not tolerated, a divorced woman is tainted and has no right to live, work and love and people are virgins until after their wedding, even if they are 30+ years old. Ok, not on all series, but these are some of the extreme and quite common issues that will seem plain weird and creepy to anyone living in the modern world.

We've had some fine and scary examples of that form of attempted (and often achieved) censorship lately, when the Korean Communications Commission and the Korean Advertisers Association started making a fuss about things which they deem harmful for audiences and which any person living in a modern society would consider plain crazy.

photo205909.jpg

And as I say in my articles on cable tv, these limitations do not seem to exist much there. Whether they exist in the real Korea or not, I do not know, but they are definitely not traits of a modern version of the world. And a romantic series is the best way to illustrate that. Because those are usually for teen audiences and receive a lot of "treatment" from these moral government committees.

I shall refer to Korea as Korea from now on and for the entire article. But there is another Korea here... The one that exists in public television and is sometimes the version these pseudo-prude fossils want people to accept as "how things should and must be". Or, in some occasions, it's the result of some unrealistic cliché that has somehow become the norm. I shall refer to this Korea by " Korea ".

"Flower Boy Ramyun Shop" is about an older woman who gets romantic with a younger man. Strike one, ladies and gentlemen! Women don't have that right in " Korea ". It is shameful and indecent for a woman to like any guy younger than her and she is promiscuous if she does. It's been done in series before and it is one reason why I appreciate one of the recent ones, "Babyfaced Beauty", because despite its many rom-com clichés, it did manage to really push some boundaries.

photo205910.jpg

Boundary pushing in its most adorable form

But this series as well, does just that. Eun Bi is a healthy woman in her mid twenties and she finds a younger guy attractive. Even though she misunderstood his age. But you see, how could she not? If a guy flaunts his looks and looks mature enough, is it the woman's fault she actually fell for it? It is in " Korea ". But not in Korea, I hope. After all, any older woman there can go crazy over an "oppa" 25 years her junior and she's just a "fan" and no harm done. She's married with children too, but that's ok. Because she generates money with her obsession. So, those we like...

Another interesting albeit smaller fact is that living in the US will not magically grant you prestige, a degree and awesome English skills. Not in Korea. Only in " Korea ". Chi Soo comes back from there in the beginning of the series. And he can't, for the life of him, understand more than a few words in English. In fact, he came back because he couldn't handle the studies and by his own admission, can barely order a hamburger so learning to study, speak and communicate in English is a nightmare.

He is also shown for what he is. A spoiled immature brat. See, most of these rich young types in rom-coms are spoiled and mean and all, but they are somehow talented and wonderful in everything else. They never read, but they are geniuses. They are perfect in everything, simply because they are rich and with superior genes, so stop dreaming, poor kids of Korea and know your place! Not this guy. He is lousy at school and because he is rich, he has that as an excuse to slack off. He is flawed. Very flawed. Which makes his immature and cruel behavior all the more realistic.

photo205911.jpg

Begging daddy not to send him back to the US

But let's go back to Eun Bi now. And the first almost-kiss scene with Mr. Brat. You know, women in " Korea " are pure (dumb) creatures. A very hot man wants to get romantically close to them after the mutual feelings have been accepted or, God forbid, kiss them like adults do and they throw a hissy fit and yell and scream. The man insulted their purity and tried to defile their body which should be preserved, like kimchi, for after the wedding or something. But you know, fermentation leads to rotting...

Not this woman, folks. Not this woman. She is about to get back with her boyfriend, whom she waited for while he was in the army and you know what she did when Chi Soo cornered her and leaned in for a kiss? She puckered up and waited for it. Scandalous! An unmarried woman actually getting caught up in the moment, when a handsome passionate man tries to kiss her. How dare she! What about her purity!?

Not only that, but she actually likes it when her highschool students start applauding and approving of the new hot teacher and even ask her if she has a boyfriend. A woman who dares enjoy compliments and not act all coy and as if she isn't worthy of them? The nerve...

photo205912.jpg

If my reaction did not convey this clearly enough, then know that my body is ready

The characters in this series are interesting. The things that happen are interesting and there is actual plot. If it continues like I hope it will, I am sure there will be more things happening here that are impossible for " Korea ".

As a corrupted and vulgar westerner, I dream of the day when good, solid rom-com kdrama is not a rarity but the norm. One which is neither as shallow as what we usually get but does not fall into the trap of going for melo or tragedy just to seem poignant. I dream of a fluffy, funny romantic series where characters and actions will make sense without being boring. It can happen. I know Korean actors and makers can do it. But it will take many factors working perfectly together.

A lot of series have come close. They have. "Protect the Boss" is a good example. "Coffee Prince" is another. "The Accidental Couple" (That Fool) actually had characters that appreciated each other as human beings and didn't only let their hormones guide them to romance.

We could have more of such shining examples of hope and quality, if only people would be allowed to create. Open-minded, creative and talented people that live in the world of today and carry the ideologies of this world.

I don't know if "Flower Boy Ramyun Shop" will keep being this good and I don't know if it will make this dream of mine come true, but I am enjoying its freshness nonetheless. A freshness which I feel has even more chances to shine in cable television. And I sincerely hope more such series will be made, be it there, on public television or the new general service channels. Anywhere where the antiquated, sexist and inhuman moral "values" of certain people cannot touch them and where a plot is not merely a garnish for pretty faces, idols and non-existent acting.

"Flower Boy Ramyun Shop" features Jeong Il-woo, Lee Cheong-ah and Lee Ki-woo

via nate

Guest Yang_EunBi

tumblr_lueiivVv3u1qjb1wgo1_500.jpg

I LOVE THIS SCENE.. CHI SOO IS SO ARROGANT THAT HE MAKES ME MAD BUT JUST HIS WINK AND HIS SMILE MAKES ME TAKE AWAY ALL THOSE FEELINGS :w00t:

photo source: lola-espos of tumblr

BTS pics update!

29078b080b92b4b93ac76305.jpg

732679cb6c6763f0c8176805.jpg

^^ Ilwoo on FBoRS set. Filming for the next episode? ^_^

EDIT//: Eun Bi's ramyun shop make-over :D

d53f8794a4c27d1eda49c4821bd5ad6eddc4380c.jpg

0dd7912397dda1440f5393f4b2b7d0a20cf4861a.jpg

7e3e6709c93d70cfc1dd5a4bf8dcd100baa12b55.jpg

(pics source via dc & baidu)

@flowerboyramyunshop_FB, i understand Korean but i'm still amateur :D I only understand some part of the text that's why i don't want to put the rough translation since it could lead to wrong interpretation :lol:

you know I am the happiest when SUNDAY comes..

WHY?!

Since we are just left with ONE night sleep and we are ready to watch the NEW EPISODES

of FBRS!!! w00t.gif:wub:w00t.gif

and right now, I am rewatching episodes 1 to 4 just to feed my FBRS addiction!

wavers to all RAMYUN LOVERS!!!

Crossing my fingers that the next episode tom will break 4 or even 5!!! :wub:

Annyeong!

Has anyone checked if this link tvN, is simultaneously broadcasting live shows?

because I checked the other cable channel OCN.. and it's showing last week's episode of Vampire Prosecutor.. 

and so.. I'm kinda worried vicx.gif (since they're both cable live streaming channels on the same site) sad.gif.. if they'll be showing a week delayed episode for FBRS tomorrow.. OMO ohmy.gifmellow.gifsad.gif.. I sincerely hope not.. 

and I noticed how they're airing VP an hour (I know I'm not supposed to be talking about VP.. this is just for comparisonsweatingbullets.gif) before its actual broadcast schedule.. BUT I'm keeping my fingers crossed that MAYBE.. this is a replay.. and the actual VP episode for tonight will air on time at 11pm KT.. if it happens that way.. then maybe.. there's nothing to worry about .. LOL

EDIT: okaayy..currently watching VP's scheduled episode on the dot.. no need for me to panic tongue.gif so tomorrow's FBRS esisode will probably be right on sked too! wub.gif

Guest liliz76

Are there subs available for episodes 1 and 2?

Yes ~~ :) You can go here : http://www.dramacrazy.net/korean-drama/flower-boy-ramyun-shop/ or here : http://www.kimchidramas.net/2011/10/flower-boy-ramyun-shop.html ^^

WHY?!

Since we are just left with ONE night sleep and we are ready to watch the NEW EPISODES

of FBRS!!! w00t.gif:wub:w00t.gif

Crossing my fingers that the next episode tom will break 4 or even 5!!! :wub:

OMO!!! I'm exactly the same !!! I love when Sunday comes too ~~~~ I'm already addicted to this drama :wub: Can't stop thinking about it ^^ Maybe it's Jung Il Woo effect :wub:

Watching ep 1 to 4 too ~~ ^^

EDIT: okaayy..currently watching VP's scheduled episode on the dot.. no need for me to panic *quoted image* so tomorrow's FBRS esisode will probably be right on sked too! *quoted image*

Sorry to cut your post ^^ Finally you found the channel :) I hope a lot of people will watch it live and will post spoilers, cause I will be at school so I can't watch it live >< But thanks God I have a smartphone =D

Can't wait for tomorrow ~~~~ :wub::wub:

Yey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for starting the thread!! Excited about the drama.... 31st come soon....

1crazynyt - Your PSH pictures are so hott...and distracting...wait, we're talking about...Ramyun...:D

Yes ~~ :) You can go here : http://www.dramacraz...oy-ramyun-shop/ or here : http://www.kimchidra...amyun-shop.html ^^

OMO!!! I'm exactly the same !!! I love when Sunday comes too ~~~~ I'm already addicted to this drama  :wub: Can't stop thinking about it ^^ Maybe it's Jung Il Woo effect  :wub:

Watching ep 1 to 4 too ~~ ^^

Sorry to cut your post ^^ Finally you found the channel :) I hope a lot of people will watch it live and will post spoilers, cause I will be at school so I can't watch it live ><  But thanks God I have a smartphone  =D

Can't wait for tomorrow ~~~~  :wub:  :wub:

Me neither! At first I really wasn't sure about it (I wrote a post about it...I was soooo disappointed.) But I'm on board now and I CAN'T wait. I love how Eun-bi totally isn't a passive noona. She's going to rock his world!

WHY?!

of FBRS!!!

Crossing my fingers that the next episode tom will break 4 or even 5!!! 

I just watched them all yesterday! Heehee. I love JIW's WTF face!

Guest sabrinacheng

I see chi soo a little bit like scheduler characters sometimes kekekeke ^_^ especially when he is yelling with anger, LOL but i love both characters that he play in FBRS and 49 Days ^_^ IL Woo -sshi Fighthing!!

Archived