[Drama 2011] A Thousand Days' Promise 천일의 약속

serenasf95

anyone got any idea soo ae handphone ringtone?

Unfortunately, I've no way of knowing what Soo Ae's real cellphone ringtone is (I'd settle just for her phone number, actually) but I guess you mean Seo Yeon's, and that's the first few bars (with an annoying slightly duff note) of the first piece, the C Major Prelude, in J.S Bach's Das wohltemperierte Klavier, generally known in English simply as "The 48" short for "48 Preludes and Fugues." Gounod's Ave Maria is a sort-of descant to it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?hhklxmki1ilm66p

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Thousand Days’ Promise Discusses About Extension

The top ranking Monday and Tuesday drama SBS’s A Thousand Days’ Promise is rumored to be already in the process of contemplating on extension.

A Thousand Days’ Promise starring Kim Rae Won and written by sensational writer Kim Soo Hyun has managed to clinch onto the heartstrings of the viewers, and has ranked top in ratings ranking among the shows on the same time slot. The 20-episode series has broadcast 8 episodes as of November 8th, 2011, and is scheduled to end on December 20th, 2011. As the drama series has been well received, the discussion with succession drama “Salaryman” to extend the broadcast for 1 to 2 episodes is underway.

An official of SBS said, “Salary Man is going to debut on December 26th, 2011, but it’s a little awkware to start a new drama at the end of the year.” He added, “For the Salaryman to broadcast from January 2012 onwards, hope to discuss the problem and plan of extension of A Thousand Days’ Promise with screenwriter Kim Soo Hyun and PD Jung Eul Young.”

But the reality is so simple. Another official indicated that, “Firstly, screenwriter Kim Soo-hyun. PD Jung Eul Young wants to discuss about the extension, but it’s not easy to extend the script writing under the condition where writer Kim who is producing a drama for a national variety channel in early December.”

AsianDrama

i think SY's illness is progressing very fast due to that she keep on denying that she has Alzheimer. This drama is so sad but so addicting to watch. I do agreed with a lot of ppl here that the lead actor is down right bad guy!!!

"A Thousand Days' Promise" in top ranking, "Poseidon" ends bitterly

"A Thousand Days' Promise" stayed firm in its 1st position and "Poseidon" ended with a single digit number.

According to AGB Nielsen Media Research on November 9th, SBS's "A Thousand Days' Promise" averaged 19.2% of viewers nationally, which is 1.7% higher than the previous 17.5%.

On this days episode, Park Ji-hyeong (Kim Rae-won) ended up not showing at the wedding he canceled with Hyang-gi (Jeong Yoo-mi). Hyang-gi showed never ending love for Park Ji-hyeong until the end.

Meanwhile, KBS 2TV "Poseidon" rated 8.9% and ended without experiencing a double digit percentage a single time. MBC TV "Gyebaek" rated 11.8%.

HanCinema

Unfortunately, I've no way of knowing what Soo Ae's real cellphone ringtone is (I'd settle just for her phone number, actually) but I guess you mean Seo Yeon's, and that's the first few bars (with an annoying slightly duff note) of the first piece, the C Major Prelude, in J.S Bach's Das wohltemperierte Klavier, generally known in English simply as "The 48" short for "48 Preludes and Fugues." Gounod's Ave Maria is a sort-of descant to it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?hhklxmki1ilm66p

waoo thx so much i was looking for the ringstone, alhtough i use blackberry but ringstone was not included in the mobile

in the past 2 year soo ae using iphone 3gs white colour not sure about now

thx again for the ringstone

The top ranking Monday and Tuesday drama SBS’s A Thousand Days’ Promise is rumored to be already in the process of contemplating on extension.

A Thousand Days’ Promise starring Kim Rae Won and written by sensational writer Kim Soo Hyun has managed to clinch onto the heartstrings of the viewers, and has ranked top in ratings ranking among the shows on the same time slot. The 20-episode series has broadcast 8 episodes as of November 8th, 2011, and is scheduled to end on December 20th, 2011. As the drama series has been well received, the discussion with succession drama “Salaryman” to extend the broadcast for 1 to 2 episodes is underway.

An official of SBS said, “Salary Man is going to debut on December 26th, 2011, but it’s a little awkware to start a new drama at the end of the year.” He added, “For the Salaryman to broadcast from January 2012 onwards, hope to discuss the problem and plan of extension of A Thousand Days’ Promise with screenwriter Kim Soo Hyun and PD Jung Eul Young.”

But the reality is so simple. Another official indicated that, “Firstly, screenwriter Kim Soo-hyun. PD Jung Eul Young wants to discuss about the extension, but it’s not easy to extend the script writing under the condition where writer Kim who is producing a drama for a national variety channel in early December.”

AsianDrama

this is great news! kim rae won fighting :wub:

Preview Next Week :

Preview:

J: I am going to bring S over. JM: what does that mean? J: I missed her so much I thought I would die.

J asks S to marry him. she thanks him – I am happy - till the day I can remember you – I will be happy. (we dont know if she said yes)

J tells his parents he wants to marry S. his mom assumes S is pregnant.

S tells JM how J asked her to marry him. JM: do you want to? what is the truth? S: I cant handle this! I feel like I will go crazy.

S meets with J’s mom. J’s mom: I heard you were pregnant.

is Seo yeon pregnant ????

Soo Ae Terminal Illness Acting and Bombshell Lines

The lead actress of A Thousand Days’ Promise has been busy with reciting of a lot of dialog lines.

Soo Ae who plays the role of Seo Yeon in the top ranking Monday and Tuesday drama SBS’s A Thousand Days’ Promise said that her tongue is half dead because of having to memorize the huge amount of lines unique to screenwriter Kim Su Hyun. Generally, the lines in the script that actors have to memorize in a scene will not be more than about one page, but it’s common for Soo Ae to has the situation where she has to recite more than eight pages of dialog lines in most scenes. The main partner actor Kim Rae Won also has dialog lines, but it’s just saying of “Well,” “Yes,” “No,” and other short words in between.

promise-press-sooae4.jpg

Eventually Soo Ae has to digest more than eight pages of dialog lines alone. The crew at the filming venue said that in particularly because of the very long yet popular culture written lines unique to writer Kim Soo Hyun, if the filming is cut at a point, then in most situation the scene can’t be completed, that’s why the take has to be done at one go. The actors and actresses cannot relax the vigilance even for one moment. In addition, the writer Kim demands that actors to the extent that they cannot be wrong on even one words, so the burden of Soo Ae is gradually increasing.

A Soo Ae aide said, “Because of the role with illness, so the usage of feelings is more, coupled with the very long lines, thus after receiving the script, she need more than double the time to master the feelings and memorize the lines when comparing with other works. But, because of the hardness, she have learned a lot of things. Because cannot have any oversight, Soo Ae is studying overnight. Physically very tired, but the mood is very rich and colorful.”

via Nate

source: http://asian-drama.org

-------------------

@71e:

I don't think Seo Yeon is pregnant. It is very likely that it is just a lie from Ji Hyung to get his parents to allow him to marry her and accept her as their daughter in law.

OMG!! where am i when this thread was started..?? ahahahahaha...

so happy i found this thread.. i love A Thousand Days' Promise...

Soo Ae and Kim Rae Won is soo jjang!!!.. can't wait for eps.7&8 to be subbed..

thanks for sharing all the goodies here!!! and oh, it would be great if they'll have an extension!! kyahhhh...

"A Thousand Days' Promise" in top ranking, "Poseidon" ends bitterly

"A Thousand Days' Promise" stayed firm in its 1st position and "Poseidon" ended with a single digit number.

According to AGB Nielsen Media Research on November 9th, SBS's "A Thousand Days' Promise" averaged 19.2% of viewers nationally, which is 1.7% higher than the previous 17.5%.

On this days episode, Park Ji-hyeong (Kim Rae-won) ended up not showing at the wedding he canceled with Hyang-gi (Jeong Yoo-mi). Hyang-gi showed never ending love for Park Ji-hyeong until the end.

Meanwhile, KBS 2TV "Poseidon" rated 8.9% and ended without experiencing a double digit percentage a single time. MBC TV "Gyebaek" rated 11.8%.

HanCinema

Hi '71e' ,

Thanks for sharing. Glad to know that the rating is improving. I still have no chance to watch this online yet.

Episode 8 Captures

20111108234834_1_rstarbes.jpg

http://news.nate.com/view/20111109n00140

201111082228311001_1.jpg

http://news.nate.com/view/20111108n31128

1320759952_227673.jpg

http://news.nate.com/view/20111108n30891

Credit to http://www.krdrama.com/ -Jasmine_Lee

Kim Rae Won 50,000,000 KRW per episode of ‘Thousand Days’ Promise’

It has been revealed that Kim Rae Won, who is playing the male lead on the SBS drama ‘Thousand Days’ Promise’ is compensated with 50,000,000 KRW per episode (about $44,000 at press time).

A representative of the drama has revealed on November 10th, that Kim Rae’s contract calls for 50,000,000 KRW per episode of compensation which is about the top level compensation in the industry. Taking into account that ‘Thousand Days’ Promise’ is a 20 episode drama, Kim Rae Won would be earning 1,000,000,000 KRW (about $885,000 at press time) through this project.

Kim Rae Won has returned to drama with ‘Thousand Days’ Promise’ after his discharge from the military in August this year. ‘Thousand Days’ Promise’ has gathered a lot of attention even before it began, with involvement of not only Kim Rae Won but also Soo Ae and Lee Mi Sook as cast members as well as the fact that it is a piece by star writer Kim Soo Hyun.

Currently, ‘Thousand Days’ Promise’ is enjoying the top ratings for its time slot.

KpopFever

Kim Rae Won 50,000,000 KRW per episode of ‘Thousand Days’ Promise’

It has been revealed that Kim Rae Won, who is playing the male lead on the SBS drama ‘Thousand Days’ Promise’ is compensated with 50,000,000 KRW per episode (about $44,000 at press time).

A representative of the drama has revealed on November 10th, that Kim Rae’s contract calls for 50,000,000 KRW per episode of compensation which is about the top level compensation in the industry. Taking into account that ‘Thousand Days’ Promise’ is a 20 episode drama, Kim Rae Won would be earning 1,000,000,000 KRW (about $885,000 at press time) through this project.

Kim Rae Won has returned to drama with ‘Thousand Days’ Promise’ after his discharge from the military in August this year. ‘Thousand Days’ Promise’ has gathered a lot of attention even before it began, with involvement of not only Kim Rae Won but also Soo Ae and Lee Mi Sook as cast members as well as the fact that it is a piece by star writer Kim Soo Hyun.

Currently, ‘Thousand Days’ Promise’ is enjoying the top ratings for its time slot.

KpopFever

Thanks 71e! Wonder how much does Soo Ae get then? Can't be less than Rae Won because she's a woman?

Did anyone notice Seoyeon in Episode 7, at Jihyung's apartment wearing a pink man shirt supposedly Jihyung's. But I don't see Jihyung wearing a pink shirt ever, it's mostly white, dark blue, light blue ... but not pink for sure!

sye7.jpg

Not much happening with HyangGi in this week episodes, what a girl to do now? Take a holiday and curse all the men in the world?

Must Seoyeon be that mean to Jihyung? always says things that unpleasant to the ear, very rough calling him names. Lately every scene they together they always fight and fight, won't they love each other less if they keep on fighting? A man has that much patient and no more!... I want more happy times.... interesting meaningful conversations.

This whole drama is the story of Jihyung and Seoyeon. So I guess we won't get to see much of Jaemin's.

If Seoyeon is about 30 y.o, her brother must be just a few years younger than her, but the actor looks so young like in teens.

Does anyone else think the actor playing Moon Kwon needs a little bit of meat, his face is so small, I swear his face is as big as my palm. Poor guy, too much over work.

I actually like the ideas of Aunt looking for Seoyeon blind date, it will be interesting and if Jihyung find out he will be infuriated for sure...... Aunt is going to be devastated when she finds out Seoyeon is sick and I can just see her crying already. She's talk to much maybe because she's lonely all by herself at home and the husband doesn't talk much either. I find it a bit off that every time they have meals together they talk too loud and the women overwhelm the men. I find it's no manners. I've been taught that when you eat, you eat silently. And if you want to talk then talk later.

And me is another one finding HyangGi's mum so noisy and skip most of her scene. I don't find her funny at all, maybe I'm not that clever to understand the humor.

I don't mind if Seoyeon's got pregnant, it would make more sense than HyangGi but then again Seoyeon looks like a player she knows what she doing and won't be stupid enough to let herself be pregnant.

I think Seoyeon loves her brother no less than Jihyung, I believe she will live for her brother, and she has done since her parents went away. So it's a good idea if she should hurry to write up her own story and make it a hit, then she doesn't have to worry about her brother's financial situation anymore even if she's gone senile.

I find the Jihyung's Aunt living with his mum and doing all the household chores is no different from a house maid. Is that how you treat your sister?

If news broke that Jihyung wants to get married to Seoyeon so soon after break off the wedding with HyangGi. Won't HyangGi's mum goes crazy? She might sue him for damages? but then he's already broke.

Looks like Jihyung isn't backing off and keeps on stalking Seoyeon..... Will Seoyeon finally gave in?

AsianDrama

errhh I know its good idea but I'm crying a lot already...and needs more extension....waaa

Archived