[Drama 2011] Gyebaek 계백 (가제)

Coolleette

Guest Issy_1

Hi to all

I just want to start watching this drama because of LSJ and started reading this thread. as much as I am grateful for people posting all these great High quality pictures but can you all of you nice picture uploaders, please please please. put those pictures under spoiler tags or post it as image thumb here? it takes time for all those pictures to be uploaded on the screen and I can't read other posts because screen starts jumping to place where those pictures are. and i do have very fast connection. I just can't imagine people with slow connection go through when it comes to this problem.

Thanks again and great thread. please keep the good work. B)

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cococrust

tsks version's release will be delayed, posting up the 15bx version for now, but only the tsks links will be on the blog.

ep 5 c-sub

http://www.sendspace.com/file/q97qjb

ep 6 c-sub

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3fe3ih

Guest shyangz

Previews

Episode 5) Gyebaek couldn't conceal his shock after witnessing Mujin's reunion with Euija, with Mujin saying he will uphold his promise to the queen before he left. Mujin captures Sataekbi as a hostage after infiltrating into the army. On the other hand, in order to save Mujin, Gyebaek called Eungo, saying that she has to return a favor for saving her life and asked her to get him to meet Muwang...

6) Mujin, with Sataekbi as hostage, gives her 'salsaengbu' (record of people she killed / wants to kill) to Muwang, before he loses consciousness. Muwang is at a loss on how to deal with the record. Gyebaek is troubled because he can't afford to prepare a funeral for Eulnyo. Eungo finds out and prepares the best coffin and shroud for the funeral. After the funeral, Gyebaek decides to follow Euija and goes to the palace. There, he sees Euija, with Eungo beside him..

~~~

i've finally started downloading gyebaek (thanks semi-fly!) and getting addicted... youngest Prince Euija actor choi won hong (episode 2) was so good!!

_0002_2Mwmv_003417714.jpg

from MBC's gyebaek blog http://blog.naver.com/mbc_gyebaek/60135667151

Hi to all

I just want to start watching this drama because of LSJ and started reading this thread. as much as I am grateful for people posting all these great High quality pictures but can you all of you nice picture uploaders,  please please please. put those pictures under spoiler tags or post it as image thumb here? it takes time for all those pictures to be uploaded on the screen and I can't read other posts because screen starts jumping to place where those pictures are. and i do have very fast connection. I just can't imagine people with slow connection go through when it comes to this problem.

Thanks again and great thread. please keep the good work. B)

+1...  And stop hot linking pictures from the MBC website...  It is bad manners....

This series is really good . It reminds me of those series like Jumong & Queen Seon Duk since it's from MBC , the set and everything . Too bad there's no subbing group that takes up this drama but luckily the darksmurf site they have subs till Epi 2 now and the quality is good ! Hopefully there's more discussion for this series once more subs will be out

I believe next week the adults actors will take over .

since nobody is writing about what happen so i decided to just summarize a little. I watch the drama in chinese sub since its hard to find eng sub but my chinese is kinda limited.

Ep3

Moojin and his wife jump down the cliff. They didnt die, they talk about how they first met while walking in the woods. Something about mj going borrowing books just to see her. When they were talking moojin fainted because of his arm injury.

Then in the palace the king cant believe the queen is dead while looking at her dead body. Sataekbi arive and tell him to wake up and accept reality. The king ask wheres prince uija, did she killed him too. Sataekbi said if u think that way then kill me too, but i'm also the king's ppl, ppl of baekjae, how could i hurt the king and put baekjae into danger(something like that). King said that u still want me to believe in your lies, arent u afraid of the queen. Sataekbi said she is, talks about kings mental condition how to reduce his pain and said that this is the way and took a knife out to kill herself. The king stop her.

Prince Uija came out from his hiding place. He stole a commoners clothes and wore it. He went back into the woods and saw the army looking for him. The general( Sataekbi's father ordered him to bring back the "dead body of the price") saw him and Uija tried to run away but they caught up with him. He quickly put dirt on his face. When the general ask him who is he and why is he here he said that he met up with soldiers and they keep asking questions he dont know how to answer and they hit him. The general told him to go back home quickly.

It started to rain, Uija took out the clothe his mother gave him and told him to read it if anything bad happens. I cant really translate exactly what it says, something about keeping a distance from the throne but not loosing it.

Uija went back to the palace

Moojins wife have difficulty in giving birth. A widow (i think) save them and is helping his wife to give birth. Moojin woke up and the widow told him about his wife and call him to wait outside. Gyebaek was born but his mother lost alot of blood. Moojin entered, his wife ask whether is a baby girl or boy he said shes a girl and looks alot like her. His wife died.

Politics time...Dont have any idea what Sataekbi and dad talking about. They frame the general i think, the one asked to kill uija.

14 years later.

MooGeun (widows son) is selling wine to customer at the restaurant. He lied that its a wine form tang dynasty i think. Gyebaek caught him and ask for share of the money. Moojin is now a drunk guy always drinking.

Gyebaek outside saw Eunko, his crush. He prepared a special tea for her (shes a regular customer of the restaurant) and told her that the tea is special. The tea is actually a fake and choyoung( Eunko's friend or maid) scolded him. Eunko gave gyebaek money and said that it looks like he is just doing it for a living but dont do this kind of joke anymore. He told her he isnt that kinda of ppl and didnt take the money and went out. Eunko's guest came, a chinese.

Gyebaek found Moogeun and scolded him for selling him a fake tea. He said he is not responsible and tell him the persons name and the person and his gang was also walking nearby. He confronted them and wanted an apology. He punch the guy and they got into a fight. Gyebaek ran into the woods with weapon he took while running. He cut the bamboos into sharp ends and put on the ground. The gang leader step on it and his feet bleed. Gyebaek put the weapon on his throat...and thats how he ended up being the HYUNG of the gang.

In the palace, Prince Uija (pretending to be dumb) went to meet now queen sataekbi to greet her morning( olden days where the younger generation have to greet their parents in the morning). Sataekbi doesnt want to see him but prince uija pleaded and said that he is restless if he doenst know the queens health. Sateakbi went out and said that seeing him makes her not feeling well, didnt I told u not to come anymore.

Uija said that Sataekbi took care of him eventhough he isn’t her son. I only have one mother which is yourhighness the queen. If I cant even greet you in the morning ppl will laugh at me, so plz let me greet u. Sataekbi said if he is truly concern about her he wouldn’t do something she doesn’t like and tells him to leave. Uija ask her to forgive him, and ask permission to ask her palace maids of her health. Sateakbi said to do as he please.

Uija left and met his halfbrother Sateakbi’s son prince kyoki and sataejukduk (satekbi’s dad) on the way to meet the queen. Uija greeted his younger brother as the one who is going to lead our country. Sataejukduk told him not to simply say. Uija said that everybody knows that. Jukduk says that if the king knows then it wont be good. Uija asked his eunuch if they hear anything and they shake their heads. Uija talks about cutting their tongue and ears. He ask kyoki if he wants some of his men.

Kyoki, jukduk and sataekbi meets in the room. Kyoki suggest to get uija out of the palace. Jukduk says the king wont agree. Sataekbi says even if the king doesn’t agree, if I wanted to do that I would have get him out of the palace years ago. She isn’t sure whether Uija is pretending to be dumb or is he really dumb. Someone reported that Tang dynasty minister is here.

The King and ministers meet the Tang minister. The Tang minister gave a warning to Baekjae for intrudence of a few cities, that Tang has call Baekjae and Silla to live peacefully together but baekjae spoil the peace between the 3 kingdoms. One of the general scolded the Tang that 7 years ago when silla attack them they didn’t say anything, saying that its not fair for baekjae. The tang minister fires that the emperor wishes the general that leads the intrudence to be punish and the city of wangzai originally belongs to Sila and ask for the kings opinion.

The King , queen and jukduk had a meeting together. Sataekbi said that they have conquer 6 cities and the land has increase 3000(I think) she said how can we not continue, isn’t this what the king wants. Don’t tell me until now u refuse to conquer sila. The king said he is worried about Tang. Both of them told the king that they shouldn’t give tang face.

Eunko is discussing about getting near the queen I think. They have special stuff(I think perfume) used only by the royal family of tang. They will give the gift during the queens birthday.

Moojin is drinking with his friend in the house, thinking about his wife who pass away.

He went out into a old temple. Took out a box from the wooden floor. Take a look at the paper in the box and burn the paper. Moojin is actually working as an assassin and the boss always leave instructions on who to kill in the box. He went to kill the guy and went to the restaurant where gyebaek works to deliver the head.

Gyebaek, moogeun and the gangster kid drank alcohol together at the restaurant. Gyebaek being sad about eunko slapping him.

Moojin delivers the head. The boss ( I think his name is dokgae) gave him money but mj refuses. He wanted information on how to join the wuija? organization (organisation that carries out the queens dirty job). Dokgae told him that he heard that the person must bring someones head (kill someone they want) in order to enter.

Moojin met gyebaek outside vomiting. He carried him back.

Queen wants to organize her birthday at the previous queen’s place. The King is angry but could not do anything.

Uija and Kyoki went hunting. They want to present it as a gift to the queen.

Uija miss target. Kyoki pull his bow and aim towards Uija

If u guys dont mind spoilers( those who still have watch the front ep)

Ep4

Kyoki shoots and hits the deer behind uija. Uija fell of the horse. He wet his pants.

Prince kyoki and Uija went to the restaurant gyebaek works at to celebrate. Kyoki asked Uija what gift is he going to present to the queen since he didn’t caught any prey. He said he will dance. He starts to dance on stage with some of the girls. Kyoki left him. Uija fainted and Gyebaek carried him to his room. Uija remember his mother and tears fall down his cheek and he mumbles about his mom and Gyebaek heard it.

The Kings helper (not sure his position, bodyguard I think) met the general who is asked to kill Uija 14 years ago and framed by sataekbi because he knows too much. The king’s helper was the one who save him from being killed 14 years ago. They plot to kill the queen.

Prince Uija doesn’t want to wake up and go to the queens wedding. The eunuch scared of punishment ask gyebaek to pretend as the prince. The Eunuch promise to reward him.

Gyebaek pretending as the prince stand at the gate to greet ppl. He saw Eunko and ask who is she. She introduce herself and choyoung starts to introduce herself but gyebaek stops her. He ask Eunko is she presents the gifts to get favor from the queen. She said yes that all business ppl would like to do so. He ask what she bought, and she said perfume/incense?(i dono what is it call in eng, those that gives smell some in small bags and some you burn). He asked her to give him her hand, that since she sells perfume, her hand will have perfume smell, if its not then you are up to something. She ask what, and Gyebaek told her that recently someone is ploting to get near the queen and harm her. Choyoung says its ridiculous but gyebaek stops her and said its for investigation and ask Eunko to held out her hand. He took her hand, smell it then put on his face. He told her that next time don’t use this hand of yours to slap ppl. Then she left.

The ceremony begins and when its time to present the gifts. The queen says she wont accept any gift accept for one.

The prisoners are brought forward. Not sure but it has something to do with Sila. The queen ordered to kill them. The Tang minister was angry but he couldn’t do anything. The King was shock as well but kept quiet. The guard starts slaying. One of the prisoner is the general who is ploting to kill the queen for revenge. Eunko saw the general cutting of the rope on his back and remembers what gyebaek told her about ppl wanting to harm the queen. She quickly run infront of the queen and says it’s an assassination. The general break loose and killed the guard and starts killing.

Eunko blocks the guy and he slay her. Gyebaek saw her and get her up. The general was killed. The King looked at his helper as he was suspicious of him. The queen on the other hand was suspicious of the King. Gyebaek ask Eunko if shes alright. She looks at him and recognize him since he didn’t hide his face anymore. The guards also saw that he isn’t prince Uija and he was arrested.

Gyebaek was tortured. Gyebaek plead that he is innocent, that the eunuch asked him to do so. The officer asked the eunuch if what he said is true. The eunuch did not admit.

Sataekbi had a nightmare about Uija. The king ask if it was his helpers doing. He admits it and the king scolded him.

Sataekbi now suspects its Uija’s doing. Her father said that its impossible. She ask him if he remember the day when Uija came back to the palace. Flash back, the dead queen was still holding the knife and wouldn’t let go. Uija whispered something to his dead mother and the dead queen loosen her grib on the knife. Sataekbi said its time to get rid of the weed.

The king scolds Uija. Uija saids he dosent want to remember about his mother anymore, that he always have night mares, and ask the king to understand him. The King told Uija he might as well die, by pretending to be dumb is it the only way u can live. Uija said the queen wont believe him.

At gyebaek’s home moogeun’s mom, moojin was worried about gyebaek still not returning home. Moojin asked moogeun if gyebaek is hanging out with the gangsters. Moogeun says that he is even the leader. Moojin went out of the house and thinks about his wife. She asked him why he preferred that their child is a girl. He said so that she will look like you and be like you. Its like indicating his life as a guy is tiresome. He doesn’t want gyebaek to hold a sword.

Choyoung scolded EunKo for risking her life. Eunko said that she wouldn’t have met the queen if she didn’t. Her servant reported that gyebaek is locked up for being suspected. A visitor came, it’s the queen’s maid. They came to reward her, eunko rejected the reward. She gave the maid the perfume and ask her to give it to the queen. She says it will make her feel better after the assassination.

The investigation begin, gyebaek insist that he is innocent and said that the prince ordered him to. Uija and the eunuch denies. Gyebaek said he remembered that uija cried and call out his mother which makes sataekbi alert. Uija scolds gyebaek why is he framing him. Gyebaek ask why is he acting like this, plz tell them the truth.

Eunko arrive at the scene. Eunko said that gyebaek is the one that saves her. If he was a assassin he would have went up and kill the queen first instead of saving her. She was sure that he have nothing to do with it. Sataekbi asked if eunko knows gyebaek, she said he worked at the restaurant she often visit. The Kings helper appeared and said that the killers identity is the general who previously escape. Alert, sataekbi and her father let go of the case. Since it’s the generals doing she believe that Uija is innocent and lied because he is afraid of her.

Gyebaek was release. Eunko and Choyoung met him at the gate. He fainted and she brought him back to her house.

Choyoung starts to wake him up by hiting his face. Gyebaek instead was dreaming of Eunko. He hold her hand and choyoung hit him hard on the face. He yells at her.

Eunko came in. He thank her, she said she doesn’t want to owe him anything. He said it was fate. She said its just by chance. She gave him money for medical fees but he refuse.

Gyebaek reach home and faint again. Moogeun gave him medicine to drink but he spit it out on him. They bathe. Moojin scrub gyebaeks back and ask him what happen. Gyebaek lied and said he got into a fight. Gyebaeks back was hurt/ dislocated I think, moojin fix it for him. Gyebaek was amaze and ask how he did that. Moojin tells gyebaek not to fight.

Sataekbi meet Uija. Uija apologies to her. Bi said that she believes that he is earnest. She said he must be honest to her and tell her the truth. She ask him about the night where the queen was holding the knife and what did he whispered to his mother. Uija said he has forgotten about what he said. Sataekbi was disappointed and said that he lied. Uija insist that he didn’t. She told him to leave.

King meets the queen. Bi said she wants to pray?...for the previous queen and seek forgiveness since the caos was at her place(I think). She wants to bring the princes with her. The kings agree and said he will investigate about the assassin. Bi said its not necessary since he is dead and wants to close case. (afraid that he will dig out their evil doings).

Dokgae went to meet Kwieun at the wuijae organization( the queens assassins). He said there is someone who wants to join. Kwieun gave the mission.

The queen and princes pass by the restaurant and gyebaek saw Uija. He wanted to meet him to confront him I suppose. He follows them to the temple but the guards wont let him in.

Moojin went to the old temple to see the instructions. Gyebaek went into the woods and saw the old temple

Ep5 (might translate some wrongly)

Gyebaek enter the old temple. Nobody was there. He starts talking to the Idol there, saying that he will bother them for awhile and complains about Uija. He wants to teach him a lesson and ask the idol to do something and let them return/go down the hill. He took a nap.

The queen and kyoki is praying and she notice Uija isn’t there. Uija is currently drinking alcohol and eating. The eunuch persuade uija to go but he ignores him and continues to drink. The queen came.

Uija kneeling outside the temple. Queen calls him to enter but he doesn’t want. She ask him doesn’t he want to pray? to his birth mother. Uija said that he is someone living, why should he hold on to the painful memories. Queen scolded him how could he talk like this infront of his mother. Uija said the spirit tablet (I seriously don’t know what u call it in English, the wooden block where they write the dead’s name, the one we always see on Chinese dramas (san ju pai, shen zhu pai)) is not human, its only wood. Kyoki ask if he really thinks like that and challenge him to burn the tablet.

Uija took the tablet and burn it. The eunuch tried to stop him but couldn’t. Everyone was shock. Kyoki said that Uija is crazy, only a crazy person could have done this but the queen said that uija is right, that its only a wooden plate. She ask kyoki if he would burn her spirit tablet to live. Kyoki said he could never do it.

Gyebaek woke up, and saw that its already dark. He walk into the woods and saw someone entering the old temple. Moojin took his sword and walk out, gyebaek recognize his father and follow him.

Uija ask for forgiveness from the queen. She ask him to leave. Uija looks like he doesn’t want to. She ask if he was scared to go alone and ask kyoki to follow him down the hill.

Gyebaek follows his father to a trail. Kyoki riding his horse pass by first. Moojin was asked to kill the second horse rider. He attack Uija and Uija fell from his horse.

Uija asked if he is wuijae organization ppl, mj told him not to ask questions. Gyebaek stops his father and ask why is he killing ppl. MJ tells GB to move away. GB said he is not going to move away. GB tells Uija to run away. He left his knife. MJ pushes GB away and goes after Uija. Uija fell to the ground. He was going to kill Uija when GB calls Uija prince. GB talks to himself that the guy is indeed Prince Uija. Uija also recognize GB.

MJ ask if its really Uija, he took of his hat(dono wat u call that) and reveal himself to Uija.

Uija, GB and MJ were beside a river. Uija handed MJ his handkerchief for him but MJ said he is unworthy. Uija ask if its because of his mother and said that MJ is too naïve that his mother has pass away long ago and told him to forget everything and live in reality.

Uija said, just look at me, putting down grudges and now living peacefully. MJ told uija that he doesn’t need to pretend infront of him. Uija said he isn’t and he really forgotten everything. Mj said that Uija saw his own mother dying and ask how could he be alright. Uija retorts that even if he is going to revenge he doesn’t have any supporters, besides his mother wont be happy if hes dead. He is just following moms order to live. Mj asked if what he said is true. He said yes.

Wuija organization assassins came by the murdering spot and found Uijas knife.

Uija ask Mj to go back. Mj said if what he said is true, he is not the prince he respected. He took out his sword. Uija ask if he is going to kill him. Mj said a person is oredi dead so what is the difference. He put the sword to his own throat and ask if what Uija said is true. Uija’s answer is kinda long. He said something about remembering the look of his mother’s dead body and it happen (the night his mother died) on a night like this. He said he wont run away, if he did he wont be able to go back. He need reasons to go back. 1st comfort? his poor mother, 2nd to be king, 3rd punish those ppl. Mj puts down his sword. Uija said he is thankful that MJ is alive.

Uija looks at GB and ask if he is MJ son and ask about his wife. He told him that shes dead and Uija apologies. Uija said he knows GB. Mj calls GB to greet him. Uija apologise to GB. GB retorts that if he knew he is wrong. MJ confronts GB. Uija said its ok and they have some issue. GB said that Mj will stand on his side if he knows but suddenly the assassins came and Mj kills them.

They identify the ppl as wuijae organization ppl and Mj said he will go into the organization. Uija said it is too dangerous. GB wants to know their conversation but Mj calls him to stay away and don’t come close. MJ said its their only opportunity that if he don’t destroy them now Uija will be in danger again. Uija said he cant let him go. A lot of ppl conspire against him and he even have to act dumb infront of his father and MJ is the only person he trust. Mj said he loss his arm his wife and he depends on the promise he made with the queen to live on……Mj ask him to wait with GB and not to tell him anything.

MJ ask GB to bring Uija home. He ask GB to forget everything he saw. GB said he cant, its to scary. MJ ask if he thinks he is a bad guy. He shakes his head. MJ thank him for believing in him and said he will tell him everything later. He gave GB the doll (his wife gave). MJ ask for Uijas head band (prince have a different one from commoners ).

GB keep asking Uija about where his dad is going. Uija said he will return

MJ bring the head and ask to go to wuijae organization. MJ presents the head. The assassins saw the head band and assumes it is Uija. The queen arrives. Kwieun gave her a scroll with the names they want and had kill and cuts of Uijas name.

The queen thank mj for completing the task and ask to see his face. He took of the hat. She was shock to see MJ. The assassins took out their swords. Sataekbi walks closer to Mj. He saw his missing arm and ask what happen. Mj said didn’t u took it away from me. She ask if he waited this long just to revenge on her. He said he wants to fulfill his promise with the queen. She calls him to stop and she’ll pay for his lost. MJ draws one of the assassins sword and Bi step back and drops the scroll. MJ took the scroll. They begin fighting and Mj takes Bi as hostage.

The assassin reports to SataekJukduk.

At home, Gb warns Uija if anything happens to his dad he wont let go of him. Uija said he wont forgive himself either. GB ask if Mj is once the general that protects him. Uija ask him not to ask questions. Moogeun’s mom brought some food in.

The assassins come and find dokgae. He ask for Mj’s house.

The assassins still going after Mj and Bi. They fought. Mj got injured. He drop the scroll. Bi took the scroll and leaves but Mj threw a knife pass her. She asked him until when is he going to stop, hes already tired. They will keep coming after us, so put down your sword and hand over the scroll. He said he wont. She said she wants him to live, and ask if he is seeking death. Kwieun wanted to attack MJ but Bi told him to stop. They hide inside the temple. Bi saw Mj’s wound. She took a clothe and bandage it although he refuses.

They talk about their previous relationship. Flash back

The King Moo which at that time still prince visited Sateakjukduk house. MJ was his bodyguard. Bi serves them tea. Moo praise bi for being pretty. She ask if he is an expert in making women happy. Jukduk scolded her and apologies to Moo saying that shes the only daughter and spoiled her. Bi took some tea and gave it to MJ. MJ puts on a serious face. Prince Moo allows him to drink. MJ just drink it one shot and she ask isn’t the tea hot but he continues with his serious face. She laughs at him.

Show Mj and Bi in the garden. She said she wonders what is it like to have someone she likes. She said she wants to watch flowers with the someone she likes just like every couple. She said she doesn’t really know the feeling. Bi asked MJ to go hunting with her.

The day they went hunting. She told him if he caught a prey larger than hers she will reward him. He just smile at her. She ask isn’t he curious about the gift. She said she will marry him. Mj was shocked. He turns and got up the horse but the horse throws him to the ground. Bi saw what happen and ask for the horse keeper. She took out the sword and cuts his leg.

Another scene, Bi told Mj she doesn’t want to be with the king. Even if her dad disown her she only wants MJ. Mj just look at her uneasy. Bi hug him and said she doesn’t want to be queen but his wife. Mj pushes her away and she ask if he doesn’t like her. He said shes like a bowl too big for him (dono how to translate that). She said if that’s so she will break the bowl. He said that the king has chosen her and ask her to come with her.

Back to reality, Bi said she should have forgotten about it, but its still clear in her head. Mj said he doesn’t have any memories with her.

Its morning and Gyebaek woke and found his father not yet back. He yells at Uija where is his father why isn’t he back yet. Uija said that only the King can save him. GB tells him to go to the palace but Uija said he cant return now.

Gyebaek brings Uija to meet Eunko.

GB remind her about her that she owes him. He wants her to bring the king here. Eunko, choyoung and grandmother discuss. Choyoung and grandmother doesn’t want to be involve.

Eunko meets Uija. He ask her if she have any ideas. She ask him what is going on. He ask is it if he doesn’t tell she wont help. She said for a business ppl like her to ask the king to come here is difficult and if not done well she will lose her head as well. Blah blah blah…she said she will try her best. He said he will reward her. She said she doesn’t want the reward but a condition. If the plan succeed, he must also promise to help her/ follow her request. She ask his relationship with GB. He said Gb is the son of the person he wants to save, his little brother.

The King had a meeting with Jukhuk. He laughs that who would take Bi as hostage. Jukhuk said its MJ. King ask where is he now, jukhuk said they are after him and will have news soon. Jukhuk said that Mj dangerous and they cant let him enter the city( his plan to keep him away from the king) and wants to use all military force I think. The king forced to agree.

To cut the story short, Eunko met the king and gave him the letter.

Bi said that Mj is tired. He said he is just resting a while. He will bring her infront of the king. She said even if he did, what would the king do to her. He said he have the scroll as evidence. She said that he doesn’t understand politics?( I don’t really know what are they talking about).He said so what don’t it have right and wrong. No, theres only strong and weak. They go on arguing about whos right and wrong.

They left the temple.

King meet Uija and Gyebaek at Eunkos home. He told them that MJ is alive and holding Bi as hostage. They went to meet a general. The King ask for his help. Uija and King went back to the palace I think, Gb actually wanted to follow but Uija ask him to wait at home.

Dokgae and his follower went to the restaurant. The follower recognize his dongseng his minion, the gang leader who now calls gyebaek hyung. The follower tell the gang leader that theres a reward to find someone without a arm name MJ. Moogeun heard their conversation and ask why are they looking for his father. Moogeun is captured and he leads the dokgae to their home. Moogeun, Gyebaek and moogeuns mom is held as hostage.

MJ and Bi stop by a well for a drink. A horse came by and an assassin was actually riding it and he slashes MJ(actually tried to hurt the Bi but MJ protected her). Before that Jukhuk actually ordered them to kill her if its worse case scenario (I think)

Guest shyangz

I finally caught up to ep 6 of the drama... and I highly recommend this! I think it is going to be a sageuk hit of the year~~ ^^

I had my reservations of the drama because of the jumong and queen seondeok connections... everyone seemed to have been related, friends or foes of each other's characters in those 2 hit sageuks... however, main leads jo jae hyun (king uija) and lee seojin (gyebaek) aren't~! (a damo reunion of sorts? jo jae hyun cameoed as chaeok's dad :lol: )so there's still some 'freshness' in casting.

Next is how i'm reducing my prejudice against sataekbi, by oh yeon soo. I liked oh yeon soo as yoohwa, the long-suffering mother of jumong, and as taera in 'bad guy', where she's always portrayed this elegant upper-class lady who has a heart of steel, yet somehow frail and long-suffering. I guess she was trying to change her image by being sataekbi, but in the first episode especially, the shadow of mishil is there - background music, stature, even the way she talks, her team of advisors and way she treats the king and controls the court. And netizens had made a fuss about her overuse of eyeliner...

2645_L_1312943238.jpg

... which was noticeably reduced in the following episodes (ok, the last image is a flashback to sataekbi's younger days, but still..). I admit that I can't totally shake off my comparisons with mishil in the drama totally yet, but now i'm starting to accept sataekbi as a separate new character, with the recent episodes of how she loves mujin so much. This side of her character links me to the oh yeon soo i've always known - that she always have a weakness somewhere beneath the determined exterior. And I think while she's terrified of uija, the way she told son kyogi that he was too softhearted and wouldn't have been able to survive had he been in uija's shoes, it makes me think that she admires uija in a way, which is very promising for their relationship later when he grows up. ^^

And I'm impressed by cha in pyo's mujin and choi jung hwan's muwang characters here. They are leading the beginning of the show well, cha in pyo who's living to fulfill queen seonhwa's dying wish and choi jung hwan who seem to be such a helpless king faithful to his wife from shilla. i like how queen seonhwa is such an important figure in the drama even though she appears only till the 2nd episode. she's the source of strength to these 2 men, as well as the reason why uija is who he is.

uija, gyebaek, and eungo. as usual, young characters in sageuks rarely disappoint~ ^^ gyebaek and mujin's loving father-son relationship through the 6 episodes so far is much more satisfying than jumong's ill-fated reunion with haemosoo in jumong. unlike a typical hero's father, mujin had hoped gyebaek was a daughter who resembled his wife, that gyebaek would not be involved in bloodshed and wants gyebaek to escape during a fight. and like a typical hero-to-be, gyebaek inherits all the hero-genes from his dad, unknowingly practicing the art of war in his bamboo traps for the kids who tricked him, and being totally likeable and winning eungo's heart already. at the moment, eungo totally reminds me of my favorite jumong character - sosoeno - and here she's literally everybody's savior, so I'm really full of anticipation for her character development. uija's little boy character was impressive (choi won hong), and his teenage character doesn't disappoint too (no young hak). prince uija is really one of the most twisted sageuk characters i have seen, he reminds me of the crazy king in the king and the clown. i'm trying to contain my expectations, but i expect him to be a more lethal dose of mishil + bidam later on in the drama. He has already seen how eungo has affections for gyebaek, i just wonder how he's going to deal with it later.

oh, yes, besides the shadows of jumong and queen seondeok, i also felt that there were coincidences with warrior baek dong soo too, i wonder if it's really accidental. the scene where one-armed mujin was fighting against casual-dressed sataekbi and gwiwoon (ahn gil kang), it's like kim gwang taek, ji and chun. significantly, ahn gil kang is also doing a kind of 'breakthrough' role from his usual bad-guy roles by being kind of ... screechy, a bit like WBDS's in. that totally erases the cool and devoted 'chil suk' character he did for mishil in queen seondeok. i can't help but laugh whenever he talks, and when his hidden 'frogs' (?) in the wall try to shoot darts at victims. :lol: that was really quirky!

i can't wait for them to grow up, and also the appearances by im hyun shik and jeon no min! ^^

Guest scorpyon_giana

Well finally finished with all the exams, I just hope to catch up with all the episodes. Tomorrow i will start watching the drama. I just wish the children grow up faster, and see them adults. Anyway thank you for all the links of the episodes , and i want to wish to Song Ji Hyo (future queen) :

Happy Birthday

Archived