[Drama 2011] Women In Our House / My Bittersweet Life 우리집 여자들

mekeo117

KBSW Ep 100...supplementary

There was that moment at the ending where Jumi was at the hospital to visit Jin & HY but unfortunately the biological daughter was also there...and what's more, Jumi saw the two of them sitting closer than close and sharing quality time.

The 3 of them closed their distance and what Jumi said to HY was surprisingly untypical - I'M SORRY I STOLE YOUR PRECIOUS TIME TOGETHER. EXCUSE ME.

Earlier at home, Jumi asked her mum HY if she had any juice and HY just stood there as if saying telepathically - I'M NOT YOUR MUM ANY MORE BECAUSE I THINK I WANT MY REAL DAUGHTER.

Then Jumi said this - I KNOW YOUR HEART HAS ALREADY LEFT ME, BUT DON'T LET IT SHOW SO MUCH. I CAN FEEL IT. THIS IS TOO HARD ON ME...at which point HY turns her head away so as not to have any eye contact with Jumi.

ARE YOU SAYING YOU DON'T NEED ME ANYMORE BECAUSE YOUR DAUGHTER IS HERE? ...at which point HY turns to look at Jumi very briefly before quickly walking away.

Quite a few people here in this thread previously was so hateful of Jumi and I think they formed their opinions based on NOT fully understanding the korean discourse, second-guessing what was spoken most of the time.

No, I'm not saying Jumi is an angel but from the 2 exchanges above, I would like to propose that the real betrayer is HY, something that I've maintained for a while now. The contempt she's giving Jumi is anything but motherly.

At this late point in the story, Jumi never lies to HY (she can be deceitful in work matters but at least she is very open in her disgust towards EN both at work and at home). On the other hand, HY continues to open up and temporarily stops her self-imposed MUTISM when at the hospital, she touched EN's face & hair and thanked her for what EN did.

When Jumi stumbled upon them, Jumi did see and did hear the words from HY's own mouth and boy, it must have hurt her plenty and deeply at the same time - and yet, she mustered enough courage to apologise for intruding on their private moment. Jumi did not fly into a rage.

At their own home, Jumi is treated like an outcast by HY but at the hospital, HY is all lovey-dovey with EN and heavens, she even speaks!!

Now I see why this drama continued to peak at Number One, both in Seoul & nationwide, Mon-Fri week after week because the reason is simple - the writer did not give these 3 main women cardboard characterisation so typical in many k-dramas but instead the writer injected some interesting nuances and gradual mutation of behaviors that add small doses of unpredictability.

The usual villainess in k-dramas normally undergoes no mutation but rather grows from strength to strength in her degree of dastardly intentions.

Jumi on the other hand has been waiting and waiting for the merger to take place so that she can eventually have the leverage (in more ways than one) to force EN to choose between having SI or HY but EN can never have both, according to Jumi's world view.

Certainly everybody by now has made choices, in one way or another - Jun Yeong wants Yunmi, uncle Gyu Yeong wants Sera, SI wants EN, EN wants SI, HY wants EN, Mr Hong wants peace between the families, chimp face wants merger & total domination over the company, and Jin wants to get out of the hospital asap so he could surf adult sites without any more nosebleeds.....and it seems only Jumi has no choice to make yet simply because that option is currently beyond her control.

B4 ep 100, the more she tried to separate the two, the more they got closer. By ep100, I think we see from Jumi's own words, that she knows she's fighting a losing battle but in true Korean-style determination, she's not thrown in the towel yet. After all, there are 25 more episodes.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's Kang Sora a.k.a Yunmi in the concluding 2-part music video by Huh Gak

Warning: Viewer discretion is advised because you'll see and hear baseball bats, human limbs and a knife making contact with various parts of the human anatomy - all in the name of acting of course. The foley artist did a great job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPeHS5q9r5Q eng subbed...in true k-drama storytelling, a single photo in the wallet reveals the true relationship between the mob boss and Sora's character.

She leaves the bus-stop thinking she got dumped and the guy got there too late....what he should have done is to hail a cab driven by an ex-racing car driver and then maybe he would have the chance to die with his head on her lap. Wooo...delicious!

A 2-part BTS (behind the scenes) video was also released featuring scenes from the first music video "Hello"

Somehow I think Mr Choi Jun Yeong might not approve when he sees Yunmi kissing her soon-to-be-dead newfound boyfriend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y74UygHSr0c the guy got to kiss Sora more than once, all in the name of acting, and kissing scenes involving several takes is what makes acting such a nice job. Pays well too. But I think being paid kissing a pretty girl more than once beats all the money in the world.

Kang Sora at an awards ceremony for her film Sunny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXFdj_UxxYo She's so spunky when delivering her acceptance speech.

KBSW ep 101....the day M&A guy Gu Jiseob tells Jumi - I MAY HAVE FEELINGS FOR YOU.

Remember I warned you folks that everytime there's a scene in k-dramas involving a rooftop conversation, we must pay attention? Yup M&A guy finally tells Jumi what some of us already know for some time - men only have one thing on their mind especially when they go out of their way to help a damsel in office distress.

To be fair, Jumi's response was I'M NOT IN THE MOOD TO JOKE AROUND. Yup, I expect Jumi's not the type who will sleep around either. At least not yet.

It was also the day Sera finds out from Yunmi that Jun Yeong likes Yunmi and that Yunmi doesn't not like him. After hearing those double negatives, Sera instantly collapses onto a chair

My curiosity now wants to know if Sera will step up in between those two or will she flitter like a humming bird to uncle GY.

Speaking of birds, didn't you like that scene where chairman-founder plus Cha Sung Joo is leading a posse, and chimp face and Sangha Medical CEO is leading another posse? What cracks me up is whenever in k-dramas and j-dramas, when you have two posse of men walking towards each other, they almost always walk in a V-formation...and I've always wondered to myself - who are all those men at the back whom we've never seen before?

And something we never seen before also happened today...Jumi goes shopping to buy her mum some warmer clothes and guess who's following her like a happy puppy? Yup, the M&A guy.

Methinks Jumi has arranged this pre-date date in order to discover his...err...plus points, and maybe the size of his wallet.

And then something that happens ONLY IN K-DRAMAS....out of the scores of shopping malls, and out of the different levels or depts within a mall, how likely izzit that Jumi & her happy puppy WILL BUMP into HY & EN who are happily picking out some clothes right in front of them?

So when the situation gets tough, the tough will start packing...Jumi goes home and drags out her one and only designer suitcase and for a woman who never wears the same sponsored outfit to work, her wardrobe was surprisingly small.

Now isn't it dandy that the two people from Green Love involved in the merger - Jumi & chimp face - have left their homes and are living separately on their own?

However the joke of the day goes to Sera after her mum lamented how small chimp face's new home is - THIS ISN'T THAT TINY, BECOS IF YOU THINK ABOUT HOW SHORT DAD IS...Sera never managed to finish her sentence becos her fat mum smacked her shoulders....HARD!

See...didn't I always say this drama is full of comedy?

Guest bakane18

So, I just finished watching episode 98 KBS WORLD version and let me tell you this and I KNOW everyone will agree:

JUMI DOES NOT LOSE HER B!TCHINESS THROUGH TRANSLATION.

XD

LOL.

Anywaysssssss...... haven't really been watching the latest "straight outta korea" episodes. (Well, due to being...well...busy.) But I've been catching the kbs world versions for the translations and let me tell ya, I've been really enjoying watching them believe it or not! :lol: Well, actually I take that back I enjoyed this part of the series before hand so, um....yeah. The budding relationship between JM/EN's mom and EN herself.......*sigh* LOVE IT. It killed me when mom told EN, "Mothers feed their daughters everyday....It took me 25 years to feed my own.".........*CRIES* OMG, even before without the translations and understanding some wording I was bawling like crazy, but NOW with the translations......Don't even ask. LOL.

But yeah, I knew something was up with the whole "abandoning EN" thing. I guess she didn't really leave for the money like what they say, but she probably left due to something else. Mom doesn't seem like an ill will person at all. She's such a pitiful person now! :(

JM.......again...

FAIL

LAME

EPIC FAIL.

SUPER LAME.

Stop grilling your "Mute" Mom about EN!!!!

JM:

"Was she in my room?"

or

"She probably left her phone here on purpose....."

or

"Did you show her my room to show her this would of been hers too?"

Oh JM, you dumb b!tc#. Oh how I would LOVE to slap thee.

*SLAP SLAP!!!*

;D

I'll probably catch up with the latest episodes on the weekend.....maybe not. *shrugs*

PS:

OH. BTW...

Hi guys.

*waves*

*hive fives*

;)

KBSW Ep 102....the day M&A (Mergers & Acquisitions) guy gained another foothold literally into Jumi's 'new' home to 'acquire & merge' with Hong Jumi.

Never underestimate guys who come into a single girl's 'new' home and pretend to be all helpful in making it tidy and homey and chatty but meantime, he's actually remembering the combination code to her door locking system. He'll say things like helping her to buy groceries to stock up her fridge - among the essentials this guy would definitely stock up on his next visit would be soju and lots of beer.

Did anyone else notice that the Jumi's 'new' apartment seems a whole lot more 'roomy' & 'classy' than the one chimpanzee face is squatting in...literally ...I mean the guy was half-squatting down and devouring hot cup noodles....how many CEOs do you know have been reduced to eating cup noodles for daily sustenance?

And the way Koreans & Japanese 'devour' instant noodles in dramas are about the same - they slurp it up noisily, taking in huge portions as if they hadn't eaten anything for 2 days.

I can't say I blame M&A guy JIseop for trying to impress dear Jumi becos Jumi is one fine specimen of a career woman but with one flawed single-minded ambition...nope...make that obsessive compulsion to expel EN entirely from her life, and from her mother's life, making sure EN & SI do not mate and procreate even more hybrid copies of EN's silly-looking smile.

Speaking of silly...how many of you think Mr Hong, a.k.a. Jumi's biological father, is really one dingbat of a father? For the past few episodes he has been trying to foster peace between the warring Mal Nam & HY by using EN's generous donation of her bone marrow as a conjoining issue but Mal Nam refuses to fall for it.

And yet he's been sitting on the sidelines ABSOLUTELY doing nothing but watch the rift between his own daughter Jumi & his muted wife get wider and deeper until his eldest daughter decides to leave home? And he even tells Jumi to stay out!!

The man cannot even keep his own family from falling apart and yet he's playing united nations diplomat between two warring tribes.

For the MAN of The HOUSE, he certainly leaves me no positive impression. Mr Hong may be a great husband but to me, he's a monumental failure as a father. Remember this was the same father who not long ago told his son Jin when he had to be hospitalised - DON'T WORRY SON, IT'S PAINLESS; THEY'RE JUST GOING TO TO DO A FEW TESTS TO MAKE SURE NOTHING'S WRONG ; YOU'LL BE BACK HOME IN NO TIME.

In that time, Jin has lost his hair, had long sharp cold needles probe and inserted into many regions of his body, has never screamed in pain so loud and so much in his life, has thrown up more times than he can remember, and why hasn't a single classmate visited the poor guy? Did the producers not have enough budget to hire a few extras to act as his classmates?

Instead of running the store, Mr Hong has left that to Yunmi. And every day he just goes around in his nice well-pressed clothes advising and irritating everyone who knows HY to 'help' make his wife press the unmute button on her remote control or else she's going to get worse.

Now someone please explain to me how in blazes someone (like HY) who has chosen to remain mute can get any 'worser'?

Is she

1) going to become more quiet? more silent? extremely noiseless?

2) stop snoring? or sneeze soundlessly?

3) going to walk on air because even her footsteps would be as silent as silence?

We do know one thing that the writer doesn't want us to know - HY's condition even though IF prolonged until the two Koreas are reunited, is NOT life-threatening. Best case scenario she snaps out of it and then realises her hairstyle looks like Darth Vader's stormtroopers helmet. Worse case scenario, she regresses further and then starts whining and wearing outfits like Sera.

OK, I'll admit the family dinner for the Hongs (minus Jumi) will not be the same with HY eating soundlessly by herself while the other members try their best to make conversation. And here's where uncle GY has a role to play.

Uncle Gyu Yeong may have the best answer to unmute HY - just wait until uncle Gyu yeong announces to the family that he intends to marry Sera, and produce multiple twins or triplets, all looking exactly like Sera.

Since Jumi failed to merge her DNA with Sera's brother, uncle GY might as well take up the challenge/slack/void and make the Hong's DNA merge with chimpanzee face's family line. What Jumi failed to do with pretty hair boy, uncle GY may just win the last victory for the Hong family - Jin may have lost one sister (Jumi) but he might well gain 2 more sisters in Sera and EN.

Good deal, don't you reckon?

KBSW Ep 103....the day two grown men (Cha SungJoo & Chimp face) fought over an old man who's just suffered a stroke.

Tell me, where else can you find such comedic scenarios?

Chimp face has always wanted his father 'out-of-the-way' and that was when the old geezer was healthy & lucid but now after a mild stroke (caused by you-know-who).chimp face is fighting to get his father back to live in his prison...err....spacious room guarded by the fat wife.

Old geezer chairman has just had a stroke and he cannot talk properly....until he sees chimp face whereupon he makes very strange choking sounds.

HY has never suffered even a headache and she can't talk at all unless she sees EN.

There are some very strange afflictions going on in this drama but the strangest one is why Jumi, who now holds the power to everything, moves her ex-boss and ex-boyfren to her former desk at the marketing department.

The successful merger means chimp face & Jumi with the help of M&A guy has won their small battle but the war goes on.

SI & EN are going heads up against chimp face & Jumi and we already know from past k-dramas, those with pretty hair and dripping with oodles and oodles of positive optimism (EN - in case you're wondering who) will always win in the end over those who always walk around all day with cold stares and snarling half the time.

Still the writer continues to remind us WHY the merger HAD to take place...this was the exchange between Jumi (the victorious) and EN (temporary loser) and pretty hair boy just happens to step into the office and hear everything with his wax-free ears -

Jumi - WHY DO YOU THINK I DID WHAT I DID? OBVIOUSLY IT WAS BECAUSE OF YOU. IF YOU AGREE TO DISAPPEAR OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH, I CAN PROMISE I'LL LET SEIN STAY WHERE HE IS NOW. OF COURSE ONCE WE START THE RESTRUCTURING PROCESS, YOU'LL BE FIRED. SO I DON'T WANT TO SPEND A SINGLE DAY LOOKING AT YOU.

The trouble was Jumi should have also sent a memo to the scriptwriter telling her not to create any more scenes where both women keep bumping into each other all over the office and parts of the city itself.

Then when Jumi says she even has the power to remove SI for good, this is what he has to say - I'M NOT SETTING FOOT OUTSIDE THIS COMPANY. THIS IS A PLACE I NEED TO PROTECT.

A R-E-A-L Jumi would have taken his words to heed and transferred him to the warehousing dept but then again, she still needs to keep him at arm's length because Jumi knows as well as we viewers, SI will go where EN goes and vice versa.

Poor Jumi.....even with more corporate power than ever before, she has no control over those two. Power is nothing without control.

The best line of the day went to the fat wife in replying to dear Sera who said HY cannot even speak because she's that upset.

Fat mum - SHE'S NOT UPSET. SHE PROBABLY FEELS BETTER NOW THAT SHE'S NOT TALKING. WHO'S GOING TO GET MAD AT HER WHEN THEY KNOW SHE CAN'T TALK? THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE, INCLUDING MYSELF, WHO'D LIKE TO HAVE A FEW WORDS WITH HER. THIS IS SO UPSETTING!!

No wonder they say "Silence Is Golden".

KBSW Ep 104....when listening to M&A guy brought more hurt to Jumi....OR when saying NO should remain NEVER.

The first we saw of Jiseop (M&A guy) in this ep was when he was stalking/waiting foir Jumi at her private apartment lobby. He actually waited for her to come home so he could go up to her apartment, put some things into her bare fridge and then sat down to interrogate/talk to her about HY.

Being the smooth operator that he is, in the privacy of Jumi's temporary domicile, Jiseop tells Jumi - DO YOU KNOW WHY I THINK I UNDERSTAND YOU? WHY I UNDERSTAND HOW OBSESSED YOU ARE WITH YOUR MOTHER? MY MOTHER PASSED AWAY WHEN I WAS LITTLE. I HAVE NO MEMORY OF HER. THE PEOPLE WHO'VE ALWAYS HAD THEIR MOTHER WOULD NEVER UNDERSTAND HOW YOU FEEL. I GREW UP WITHOUT A MOTHER SO I HAD THIS FANTASY ABOUT THAT. THAT'S WHY I THINK I CAN UNDERSTAND YOU.

Don't these words by M&A guy give you a bleeding heart? They were meant to set Jumi up for his punchline below.

After Jumi tells him - ....THINGS BETWEEN US (referring to Jumi & her mum) ARE NOT WHAT THEY WERE.

Jiseop then says - YOU SHOULDN'T GIVE HER SUCH A HARD TIME. THANKS TO HER, YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO GROW UP MISSING YOUR MOTHER FOR THE LAST 25 YEARS OF YOUR LIFE. JUST FOR THAT ALONE, YOU SHOULD BE A GOOD DAUGHTER TO YOUR MOTHER.

That last statement would ring again in Jumi's head and that's why she called her father who passed the phone to silent mum and what did Jumi say to HY? IT'S ME. I KNOW YOU'RE NOT BETTER YET. IT FEELS SO AWKWARD TO TALK ALL BY MYSELF. I FELT BAD ABOUT LEAVING LIKE THAT AT THE HOSPITAL YESTERDAY. WILL YOU TELL JIN CONGRATULATIONS ON LEAVING THE HOSPITAL? I SHOULD GO NOW.

This scene is important for, as uncle GY said, preparing the return of Jumi back to the family house - there were all the facial expressions by both Jumi & HY that maybe, just maybe, Jumi would appear at the family dinner to celebrate Jin's homecoming.

Sir Elton John got it absolutely right in 1976 when he & Bernie Taupin wrote the song Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word - Jumi would have to move mountains to be able to forgive herself and then HY before she could go backl to the family. But up to the point when Yunmi made one last attempt to persuade Jumi to come home for dinner, Jumi still said I DON'T THINK I CAN GO.

But Jumi did ask Yunmi one question: IS MUM STILL NOT WELL?

At that moment Jiseop comes into her office and asks Jumi to at least call her mum and continues - YESTERDAY IT LOOKED LIKE YOU WERE GOING TO MAKE UP WITH YOUR MOM OR WAS I WRONG?

Jumi's response - I'M STILL THINKING WHAT I SHOULD DO.

Jiseop - THAT'S A HUGE CHANGE. THAT MEANS THERE'S STILL SOME HOPE.

Now guess who it was who torpedoed Jumi's world when she saw EN sitting at the family dinner table? Who was it who invited EN to join them for dinner just because EN had brought fresh milk for Jin? It was Mr Hong.

Kudos to the writer for meticulously setting up this devastating scene for Jumi's eyes and the useless biological father.

In my opinion, Jumi did have to move mountains and earth aside to step back into the house just so she could join Jin's celebration dinner, only to have her own father sink her efforts at reconciliation, perhaps to a depth of despair greater than ever before.

Jumi must have thought she'd give everyone a surprise by turning up, fashionably late, but instead she got a mother-of-all-rude-shocks to see Miss Silly Grin planted there in her PADDED orange jacket.

And why is she still wearing her orange jacket at the dinner table? Why, to hide her wide meaty shoulders, of course.

But this episode also shows one other interesting fact - M&A guy Jiseop's words are having an effect on Jumi and before some of you jump to the wrong conclusion, Jiseop means well for Jumi - he does want Jumi & her family back on happy terms.

Jiseop understands Jumi's hatred for EN but he has never once played the same game as Jumi and in fact he has warned her on several occasions, the outcome would be bad for Jumi.

Jumi is fighting a losing battle where EN is concerned but as for preventing the merger from being derailed by the efforts of SI & EN & their loyal farmers, actually the writer is hoodwinking all of us yet again. More on this in my next post tomorrow....

If only both Jumi & HY could sing in English to each other:

What do I gotta to do to make you love me?

What do I gotta to do to make you care?

What do I do to make you want me?

What do I gotta to do to be heard?

t’s sad, so sad

It’s a sad, sad situation.

And it’s getting more and more absurd.

It’s sad, so sad

Why can’t we talk it over?

Oh it seems to me

That sorry seems to be the hardest word.

KBSW Ep 105....the day Jumi goes ballistic and ends up crying first at the family dinner, then she cries in the park with Mr Hong, then she cries in her car after braking last minute at a pedestrian crossing, and lastly Jumi cries on M&A guy's upper arms (hallelujah...victory for the happy puppy).

Well, at least they were standing vertically on their building rooftop (where else) and not lying horizontally in bed...not yet anyway. Only in the ending shot did we see Jiseop looking gleefully as a crying Jumi plants her chin and wet cheeks on his upper arms.. Ooo...la....la

For sure that M&A guy Jiseop has systematically worked his way into softening up Jumi to the point that she even blames him for changing her mind about going home for dinner only to see the biological daughter sitting in her chair.

And as miraculous as it sounds, the sight of Jumi staring at EN sitting there finally UN-muted HY - however her powers of speech still wasn't enough to convince Jumi to return home. HY failed to turn Jumi around in their home and then failed again at Jumi's office.

And it was Mr Hong's turn to finally hear from Jumi's own lips exactly why things have deteriorated - I WORKED UP A LOT OF COURAGE TO COME HOME TODAY. I TOLD MOM I'D LEAVE HER IF SHE DECIDES TO CHOOSE EN OVER ME, BUT I WAS WORRIED SHE'D REALLY DO THAT. THAT'S WHY I CAME TODAY, SO I CAN WIN HER BACK.

When Mr Hong threw in the logic that we all know - WHY WOULD YOUR MOTHER HAVE TO CHOOSE ANYONE OVER SOMEONE ELSE? YOU & EN ARE BOTH HER DAUGHTERS.

Then came Jumi's deeply ingrained reason - BUT I FEEL LIKE THAT'S NOT THE CASE! DO YOU KNOW HOW IT FEELS WHEN THE THREE OF US ARE TOGETHER? I FEEL LIKE I'LL ALWAYS COME SECOND PLACE TO EN, NO MATTER WHAT.....I CAME TODAY TO BE WITH MOM. WHY DID EN HAVE TO BE THERE NEXT TO MOM? At which point Mr Hong lowers his face becos we all know who invited EN to the dinner table.

I suppose in true Shakespearean tradition, Jumi has now been usurped/displaced/replaced/substituted/unseated by EN, and if we put ourselves in her designer shoes, it's safe to assume Jumi ain't going back to that dinner table ever.

Speaking of dinner, I've lost count in this drama the number of times good food is literally left untouched and uneaten (of course the filming crew would have polished everything after the recording).

Just in case some of you think they're plastic props, in fact the food is as real as the steam coming off it...just look closely.

For example, just about when everyone was about to tuck into the sumptuous spread on the table, Jumi walks in and everyone froze....then Mr Hong asked uncle GY to escort Jin to his room; Jumi left after making her speech and then EN too left hurriedly and so a perfectly good dinner was left almost untouched.

If I were Jin I would have stood my ground and asserted - WHY IZZIT THAT EVERYTIME SOMETHING EVENTFUL HAPPENS, I'M ALWAYS THE ONLY ONE SENT TO MY ROOM? OI, IN CASE YOU'VE FORGOTTEN, THIS DINNER IS TO CELEBRATE MY RELEASE FROM THAT HOSPITAL. I WAS SO LOOKING FORWARD TO ONCE AGAIN EATING MOM'S HIGH-SODIUM, HIGH-CHOLESTEROL AND DEEP-FRIED DISHES SO I'M NOT MOVING TO MY ROOM, NOT TONIGHT. YOU GROWN-UPS SHOULD GO TO YOUR OWN ROOM AND DISCUSS THINGS WHICH I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO HEAR. I'M STAYING HERE AT THE DINNER TABLE WITH YUNMI & UNCLE GY, AND EAT TILL DAWN.

And as for SI & EN leading the resistance of their loyal farmers in order to derail the merger with Sangha Medical, I have only one thing to ask - why hasn't Jumi fired EN by now?

Clearly what she & SI are doing is going against the wishes of Sangha's CEO and if Jumi & chimp face don't have the gumption to fire EN and/or SI, surely Sangha's CEO could also wield his power, yeah?

Secondly if the farmers loyal to Green Love bcos of their long ties with geezer-chairman aren't going to sell their produce to this new merged company, then surely there are plenty of other organic farmers from elsewhere whom Green Love can tap on....it's a free market economy, right?

Speaking of the geezer-chairman, today we heard from his own lips that Jinsuk has been feeding him all sorts of bitter tonics and super-bland food consisting of tasteless mixed-grains. all supposedly to speed up his recovery. Actually he should be thankful his 'mild stroke' didn't incapacitate his tastebuds or his ability to chew and swallow.

We are made to believe by the writer that old geezer-chairman MUST stay alive as a living symbol of the bright future Green Love still holds in spite of this merger, brought about by the dark forces of his own son, chimp face.

As far back as I can remember, old geezer-chairman has collapsed at least 3-4 times before in the course of this drama with the last one being a mild stroke...so doesn't anyone think that it's extremely ironical that the founder-chairman of an organic foods company is suffering multiple health problems caused by poor dietary habits?

I mean look at the old guy's bulky size...methinks he din't get so bulky eating healthy greens supplied by his loyal farmers; more like he just devoured all the premium hanwu beef - you know the ones with lots of layered marbling - and so now, Jinsuk & Cha Sungjoo is spending every day making sure the old geezer eats bland food just to make him stay alive.

I'll bet when the old geezer is asleep, then both Sungjoo & Jinsuk would sit down quietly for their dinner, feasting on spicy fried chicken, and grilled pork ribs and tasty beef and steaming hot kimchi stew....just imagine the hot steam, fragrant vapors and rich flavors seeping into the old man's room. Living torture, eh?

KBSW Ep 106....the day Joon Yeong was kissed by Yunmi by surprise and an old family 'friend' of Hwa Yeon's dead hubby called Jeongsu drops into their lives once again.

Jeongsu is the probably the one who holds the hidden answers about what exactly HY & her hubby did to Mal Nam so subsequent episodes will definitely tell us more.

The other 'big' surprise in this episode is that even though it was not long ago that Jin was released from hospital, his hair seemed to have grown back incredibly fast. Hair today, gone tomorrow and back again in no time.

Speaking of fast, isn't it refreshing to see a spunky girl like Yunmi take the initiative by planting her luscious beestung lips on Joon Yeong's minty fresh peppermint lips and giving him temporary loss of speech....the lip smack and Joon Yeong tiny dimples were done so fast that if you blinked, you'd have missed it.

Just like I have always known the many haters of Jumi who also missed the important bit of info below that she told Jiseop (M&A guy) - Jumi was in fact referring to her feelings for SEIN in the past tense - for Jumi and her ulterior motives for the merger, it was never about getting SEIN back as much as it was about getting rid of EN from SI, away from her mum and permanently off the face of the earth.

Here's an extract from Jumi & Jiseop's private conversation, which was missed by many folks here who watched the raw eps earlier.....

Jiseop: ARE YOU HOPING THAT SEIN COMES BACK TO YOU TOO?

Jumi: NO

Jiseop: GOOD. I'M JUST SAYING, GOOD FOR ME.

Mr Slow Hand just seems to getting better at oozing his charm.

Another thing missed by many haters of Jumi - even after the Sangha board decided to fire SI for leading the resistance of a group of farmers, guess who it was who used her last ounce of managerial authority to 'delay' SI's removal?

Both chimp face & fat wife were flabbergasted at the thought of their dear son being unemployed and his 'heir-ship' to the company stripped by Sangha's board and both are absolutely powerless to do anything, and in fact, chimp face had to use the word "PLEASE" on Jumi to try to save SI's job. - it all boils down to Jumi who held the final say as to whether SI stays or goes.

Erstwhile haters of Jumi would have expected, without the benefit of what was actually spoken in Korean, Jumi to summarily dismiss SI (and in glee) in accordance with Sangha's board's wishes but THAT WAS NOT THE CASE. She has delayed the dismissal for now so that she could make one last try at turning adversity to her advantage or else pretty hair boy will lose his 'heir' to the Green Love throne.

So as expected Jumi plays her wildcard - the final person who could help change things around for both SI & herself - SI's fat mom.

Whoa....It's getting more interesting even though the outcome isn't exactly unpredictable.

KBSW Ep 107....another umpteenth moment of 2 deer caught in the headlights or how many times have we seen Jumi walking into a situation where HY & EN are having quality time yet again.

But this episode belonged to the fat mom who after having the go-ahead from Jumi confronts HY and tells her she's NEVER going to allow EN to become SI's permanent bedmate. The whole idea is that fat mom is MORE CONCERNED than HY herself over how that unholy union will affect Jumi and fat mom doesn't want HY to hurt Jumi if she does nothing to stop the union.

Here're some highlights of fat mom's conversation with HY:

I CAN TELL WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN

And you better believe fat mom because she may well be the scriptwriter herself taking on the persona of fat mom

YOU CAN'T HURT YOUR STEPDAUGHTER LIKE THAT SO YOUR OWN DAUGHTER CAN BE HAPPY.

Well put; in fact not even the scriptwriter could have said it any better.

I'LL NEVER ACCEPT EN AS MY SON'S WIFE. YOU KNOW WHAT I'M CAPABLE OF.

I CAN REALLY HURT THAT GIRL, AND I'LL MEAN IT TOO.

In other words, fat mom will win any physical wrestling competition over EN because kilo for kilo, she outweighs our girl with the silly grin and meaty shoulders.

THAT'S WHY YOU HAVE TO TALK TO HER TO CONVINCE HER TO LEAVE SEIN. IT'D BE BETTER TO DO THAT, FOR JUMI'S SAKE TOO. YOU NEED TO TALK TO THAT GIRL FOR EVERYONE'S SAKE. YOU HAVE TO CONVINCE HER.

Judging from HY's silent response and nervous blinking of her eyes, we KNOW that all fat mom's words here are going to end up in two puffs of smoke.

Speaking of nervous eyes, I think Jumi made her first OBVIOUS mistake today with regards to the one lusting after her - she allowed Jiseop to drive her car, only to be driven straight back to her folks' apartment. So Jumi's now allowed M&A to drive HER car, a prized possession for any single woman, so anyone care to bet what Jumi will let him to do with her next prized possession?

Of course Jiseop reasons with Jumi (something nobody in this drama has tried before because mostly everybody either scolds her or lectures her or threatens her) about the merits of returning home and he even had the presence of mind (a seasoned player never makes the wrong moves in k-dramas) to pack a gift for Jumi to give her mom.......aw shucks, makes your heart want to bleed all over again.

Anyway Jumi must have somehow wanted to be back home again because then she takes the chance to tell HY the same thing fat mom drilled into her earlier that same day - SI & EN are back together again and as long as that remains, and HY does nothing to separate them, Jumi will always feel HY has chosen EN over Jumi.

Put in the scriptwriter's own words spoken through Jumi - IT'S UP TO YOU TO DECIDE, BUT IF YOU LET THEM BE TOGETHER, I'LL TAKE THAT TO MEAN YOU CARE MORE ABOUT EUNNIM THAN ME. THAT'LL MEAN YOU CARE MORE FOR HER HAPPINESS THAN FOR THE HEARTACHE I'LL GO THROUGH.......DON'T LET ME GET HURT BECAUSE OF THAT.

I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU GIVING THEM YOUR BLESSING. DON'T DO THAT.

IF YOU DON'T, WE CAN GO BACK TO THE WAY WE WERE.

And then finally HY gives Jumi her verdict - I WANT TO GIVE THEM MY BLESSING.

To which the end shot shows Jumi now with her classic k-drama look of utter disbelief - which is not too surprising because we KNOW Jumi already knows HY had made up her mind long ago.

Then a funny thought came into my mind - is Jumi going to again blame Jiseop for driving her back home and then having a HY bombshell drop on her? If Jumi had not let him drive her back home, Jumi would certainly been spared hearing the ugly truth, right?

Then again Jumi would want to cry buckets after hearing the ugly truth and no second guesses as to whose broad shoulders will be available for Jumi the following day.

Hmm, a smooth operator indeed. Very slick.

Daunte29, finally, I have read posts which agree with my thoughts about the writing, the inconsistent character behaviors especially Mr Hong being

a terrible father. It has bothered me that the writer and director of this show has so manipulated the audiences attitude towards Eunnim and Jumi by painting them so pure and evil. I was chastised for posting similar comments as yours about this show on the board I usually use.

KBSW Ep 108....the FIRST pinnacle episode of this entire series, the SECOND pinnacle being Ep 109 which I'll post later.

Ep 108 is the episode where several key events that were expected to happen finally happened which is why I call this episode the first pinnacle point. But do beware because on page 17 of this thread, someone with no real understanding of Korean gave an entirely over-simplified & grossly inaccurate version of the key events based on the raw episode.

Sadly some readers latched on to that inaccurate version thinking that that was what actually transpired. They couldn't be more wrong.

You will know how inaccurate that post on p17 was because it missed out one crucial element - the planned sacking of SeIn from Green Love by Jumi - and in addition, the poster still continued to maintain Jumi's 'love' for SeIn which as I've pointed out, had already evaporated several episodes ago.

For followers of this drama on KBSW with the benefit of accurate subbing, you would know the Jumi-EN-SI love triangle was long gone and everything Jumi was trying to undo since she realised SeIn fell in love with EN and not her was simply this - to uncouple HY from EN and to punish EN by firing SI.

As you all will find out in Ep 109, Jumi herself tells SI - THIS ISN'T ABOUT YOU OR ME. THIS IS BETWEEN EN & MYSELF.

My contention is Jumi no longer feels any love for SI since many episodes ago because that has been replaced and multiplied many times over by Jumi's hatred of EN - here's what Jumi said to EN in ep 107 & 108 -

I CANNOT EVEN STAND THE SIGHT OF YOU. THE ONLY THING YOU SHOULD DO IS DISAPPEAR FROM THE FACE OF THIS EARTH.

Laughable maybe but it still reflects Jumi's hatred for EN.

Again, nobody picked up on this in their earlier summaries and commentaries, showing just how poor they understood the Korean language or rather did not understand the Korean language at all.

Note: the following 2 extracts representing the two major plot arcs are not based on what I feel or on my reasoning but on the reasoning as stated by the characters. The uppercase parts are what you'll see in the actual KBS translations. The ones in blue are my interpretations.

1. HY's current choosing of EN hurts Jumi MORE than what HY did to EN when she abandoned EN 25 years ago.Why?

The highly emotional exchange between Jumi & HY would remind those of us old enough to understand family fights that sometimes the one who remain quiet is the one to blame for starting and perpetuating the mess. There are no winners in family fights, only losers, and this is something this drama time and time again has sought to highlight that.

Jumi: WHAT ABOUT HOW EUNNIM'S STEALING YOU AND SEIN FROM ME? IS THAT WHY YOU SAY YOU CAN BE HAPPY FOR THEM?.....ARE YOU SAYING I SHOULD TAKE THIS IN STRIDE? PLEASE DON'T THINK YOU'RE ONLY HURTING EUNNIM! PLEASE DON'T THINK EUNNIM WAS HURT MORE THAN I WAS!

HY: I KNOW. I'VE HURT YOU BOTH IN THE SAME....

JUMI: NO. IT'S NOT THE SAME. BECAUSE YOU'VE ALREADY LEFT EUNNIM ONCE BEFORE, SHE CAN BE UNDERSTANDING OF ANYTHING YOU DO. SHE WOULD BE GRATEFUL FOR ONE LITTLE SMILE FROM YOU.

BUT I'M DIFFERENT. I'VE RECEIVED NOTHING BUT LOVE FROM YOU FOR THE LAST 25 YEARS. SO EVERY TIME YOU HURT ME LIKE THIS, I DON'T KNOW HOW TO REACT!

THE ONLY THING I CAN THINK OF DOING IS TO HATE EUNNIM WITH MY VERY SOUL!

I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE I CAN DO TO COPE WITH THIS!

HY: YOU CAN TAKE YOUR ANGER OUT ON ME, NOT HER....

JUMI: I CAN'T DO THAT! I WISH I COULD HATE YOU INSTEAD, TOO, I REALLY WISH I COULD. BUT I CAN'T. THAT'S WHY I'M SO ANGRY! THAT'S WHY THIS IS SO UNFAIR!

DON'T YOU DARE ASK ME TO TRY TO UNDERSTAND HER. DON'T YOU ASK ME TO GO EASY ON EUNNIM.

Actress Yoon Ah Jung gave another one of her electrifying and nose-flaring, tear-strickened emotional acting...whew...I could understand her anger and her sense of total betrayal by the very person whom she once loved as her only mother, HY.

True, this wasn't the first outburst in front of HY but that's where some readers of this post got deceived by the seeming familiarity of Jumi talking loudly and HY keeping quiet for most part....the writer, through Jumi, did give us a couple of new information in the above exchange and then through HY sitting alone on Jumi's empty bed said to Mr Hong:

I COULDN'T LET HER (Jumi) GO, BUT I COULDN'T ASK HER TO STAY.

2. Later at the Han River scenic night view, Jumi says to Jiseop:

DO YOU KNOW WHY I WANT TO GET RID OF EUNNIM?

BECAUSE ONE DAY, SHE'S GOING TO DO THE SAME TO ME. ONE DAY SHE'LL TAKE OVER MY PLACE. SHE'LL END MY RELATIONSHIP TO MY MOM AND TAKE HER LOVE AWAY. SHE'LL SAY IT'S HER TURN.

Jiseop: DOES THAT SCARE YOU?

Jumi: NO. I DON'T WANT TO LOSE MY MOM TO HER.

Jiseop: YOU DON'T KNOW YOURSELF AS WELL AS I DO.

Jumi: I TOLD YOU I'M NOT SCARED. (Jiseop's face suddenly turns from smug to serious). MY MOM'S WRONG. I'M THE DAUGHTER SHE WANTS; NOT EUNNIM. SHE'LL FIGURE THAT OUT SOON. AND SHE'S GOING TO REGRET THIS.(Jumi falters mid-way unable to continue because her tears start taking over...)

Later Jumi to chimp face after he finds out that Jumi has exercised her power to fire Sein: I DON'T CARE WHAT HAPPENS TO THEM (SI & EN) ANYMORE. MY MOTHER HAS DECIDED TO GIVE THEM HER BLESSING. THAT'S WHY I WAS LEFT WITH NO CHOICE.

When you read the earlier postings/summaries based on raw episodes, NONE of them picked up on these vital developments in the story. They were too concerned at 'being the first' to summarise what happened but now we know that most of what they said were gross exaggerations.

Viewers who naively hate Jumi for what she has done clearly are still schoolkids or think like one with no experience at corporate life. Managers like Jumi are actually much sought after because they still show rational decision-making despite emotional setbacks - Jumi has warned EN several times that all EN has to do is disappear for good, with or without the help of magican David Copperfield. Jumi has warned EN several times not to go against the company merger because both EN & SI would end up hurt. Does EN have a hearing problem or is brain-dead or maybe both?

In this episode, Jumi tells us why she wants to get rid of EN (in case you missed it, see the discourse above, extracted from the episode itself...none of it is mine)

In all the episodes thus far, EN has made Jumi's life hell in 4 ways:

1. She stole SI from her and about the same time, pretty hair boy fell in love with EN's silly grin.

2. She stole HY from her, and the less said about this crime the better.

3. She has replaced and displaced Jumi from her own family by sitting at Jumi's chair at the dinner table.

4. She along with SI had continued to campaign against the company merger - which by the way was NEVER Jumi's idea but was SI's chimp face father - that was cleverly manipulated by Jumi in order to turn the tables against not only EN but SI''s own family was well.

Eunnim first came across as an angel who lost her wings and her innocence and work ethic made many admire her so-called virtues but over time, I think she has transformed herself into a self-centred and selfish woman who even though considered Jumi as a half-sister but nevertheless took advantage of HY's own indecisiveness and hidden sense of guilt.

That guilt trip was surely not lost on EN because she has been many times warned by Jumi herself how and why she's despised but what does EN do to repair the damage she has done? What has EN ever done to show some compassion for Jumi? Put simply, has the biological daughter herself ever shown any sympathy to allow the adopted daughter to share HY's love together?

Some naive people said Jumi was making hell for EN & SI but in reality, if you were really following the story, EN & HY were the only ones making life hell for Jumi who had to re-act and for every reaction Jumi started, it backfired and kept on backfiring until Jumi's frustrations doubled, tripled and boiled over until there was none left but molten disgust.

In short the 3 women are all terribly flawed and has made mistakes upon mistakes and in accordance with traditional Confucian values that governs the Korean culture and value systems, the oldest one shoulders the blame.

Sure folks, you don't have to agree with my views on the main characters in this drama but at least I back my reasons with actual extracts from what is spoken and not on mere hyperbole or conjecture. And I still think this drama has loads of humor that many have missed because of previous biased and false assumptions.

Ep109...the final part of the pinnacle episode where HY shows why blood is thicker than water but for all the wrong reasons.

let's recap and switch on both your powers of recall & some imagination - for 25 years HY watched Jumi & SI develop as childhood friends and even at the beginning of this drama, HY & Mr Hong expects Jumi & SI to marry.

And what does HY do? The moment EN steps into HY's life as her long-abandoned biological daughter (EN was never lost but abandoned), out goes her adopted daughter Jumi whom she raised for 25 years and in this ep109, HY tells SI face-to-face the following below, which is just the continuation of the SHOCKER that HY gave Jumi in ep107 - HY HAS GIVEN HER BLESSINGS TO THE UNION BETWEEN EN & SI.

Here's HY's Eightfold Path stated to pretty hair boy, before (what else) their quality time is disrupted by the appearance of (who else) Jumi -

1. DO WHAT BOTH OF YOU WANT.

2. BECAUSE WHILE I AM EUNNIM'S MOTHER, I AM ALSO JUMI'S MOTHER.

3. TAKE GOOD CARE OF EUNNIM.

4. HELP HER FORGET THE PAIN I PUT HER THROUGH. THE ONLY THING I'VE GIVEN HER OVER ALL THESE YEARS IS PAIN.

5, THE ONLY THING I CAN DO FOR HER NOW IS TO LOVE HER FROM AFAR. I'M A HORRIBLE MOTHER.

6. YOU MUST KNOW YOUR MOTHER DOESN'T LIKE EUNNIM VERY MUCH. BUT DON'T LET THAT GET TO YOU. PROTECT EUNNIM.

7. AND ALTHOUGH I KNOW THIS IS HARD BUT EVEN IF JUMI TRIES TO STOP YOU, TRY TO UNDERSTAND HER. SHE'S DOING THAT BECAUSE OF ME.

8. THEY SAY THE BOND BETWEEN MOTHER AND CHILD IS LIKE DESTINY. I HAVE THAT BOND WITH BOTH EUNNIM & JUMI.

No. 8 was a gem of a statement and couldn't be put more succinctly and Nos 2 & 7 are foregone conclusions but Nos 4 & 5 mystifies me more than a lot - now can anyone enlighten me as to how troubled EN's life was at the beginning of the show BEFORE she found out she was HY's biological daughter?

Correct me if I'm wrong - wasn't EN happy being the outcast at the job interview? Didn't she tell her first employer (EN was part-timing at a cafe b4 Green Love hired her as a grieving widow?) she was determined and looking forward to new challenges? Did anyone get the feeling that right from the beginning, EN was leading an unhappy and miserable life? True, she was poor but she was a happy poor.

Speaking of beginning, if you care to re-watch the very first episode, there was the scene where both Hwa Yeon & Eunnim actually walked past each other, no less than 2 metres apart, at the cemetery of EN's real father - HY was on her way back after just finishing making her offerings and paying her respects to her dead hubby and EN with a silly grin was dancing her way up to cheer her dead father.

Right then and there, the two women could found out who is who and the drama would have finished at episode 1. I'm not kidding for once. The walking-past-each-other scene did happen.

Speaking of respect, chimp face today slapped pretty hair boy because the grandson kept obeying the grandpa but not his own father. But when the camera did a close-up on SI, who was trying to emote (emphasis on the word 'trying') there were no red marks on his smooth cheeks nor was a single strand of hair out of place.

Mal Nam tells EN for the umpteenth time to stay away from HY even though HY has passed the law that SI & EN should mate but what does EN say?

EN: BUT I'M GOING TO REALLY WORK ON IT FROM NOW ON. I THINK I'VE STRAINED MOM'S RELATIONHIP WITH JUMI THAT'S WHY I WANT TO ASK IF I CAN SEE MY MOM ONE LAST TIME.

MAL NAM: EUNNIM. THAT ONE TIME CAN TURN INTO 2 TIMES & 3 TIMES.

EN: IF I DON'T GET TO SEE HER ONE LAST TIME, I WON'T STOP THINKING ABOUT HER.

I think EN's words here are totally ludicrous for the following reasons:

1. Did she realise only now that she's the cause of the 'strained' relationship betwen HY & Jumi?

2. Why does she want or need her two grannies' permission to see HY 'one last time' when she's already, without permission, seen HY all over the town - the streets, the park, the hospital, several parts of the office, HY's own home, the shopping mall, etc.

Is she really a goody-two-shoes with airspace between her ears or is she pretending to be dumber than dumb?

However it's SI's mom, the fat wife of cjimp face, that literally turned this episode upside down and inside out - she goes to the grannies' home, coolly delivers her speech about disliking EN & promising the mating will never happen, asks where EN's room is and once inside, fat mom became a human wrecking ball! 'LETZ GET PHYSICAL!!'

Old granny: ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?

Fat mom: NO. I'M COMPLETELY SANE. BECOS OF YOUR GRANDDAUGHTER, MY SON IS ABOUT TO LOSE HIS JOB. I CAN'T AFFORD TO GO INSANE NOW.

The last remark made me laugh so hard it nearly made me insane.

And all this time, granny was moaning (over-reacting to) all the strewn table stuff and clothes on the floor which shouldn't be any problem because EN would just pick everything up and put them into the washing machine. To add dramatism, granny chased after the fat mom for a mere 3.45 metres and even launched a flimsy slipper at the departing culprit.

Then came granny's mother of all punchlines:

WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH HER? WHAT A STRANGE WOMAN!

Then fat mom had this to say, catching her breath just outside the gate: I'M NOT THE ONE THAT'S STRANGE. EUNNIM'S THE ONE WHO DOESN'T KNOW HER PLACE. AND HWAYEON'S THE ONE BEING STRANGE FOR SUDDENLY PLAYING MOM TO HER.

Pay attention, folks...that's actually the writer summarising thru fat mom one major part of this mess.

KBSW Ep 110....the one where EN wanted to make everyone cry by telling HY I WON'T EVER SEE YOU AGAIN.

All the cliched k-drama ingredients were there to make you reach for your kleenex or towel or floor mop depending on the size of your tear ducts - farewell cake where mom & daughter blow out candles for one last time; mom & daughter taking a portrait together where they smile nervously one last time; and then the parting at the park (where else) accompanied by emotional orchestral background music.

If you did cry, then shame on you for being so easily duped by the writer; if you didn't cry, then join the Jumi fan club; but if you did laugh and found the deception awful, then join me.

Why wazzit funny? See it from this angle: daughter finds mom, then 'loses' mom, then crawls back to her grannies, and all this is supposedly for whose benefit? At Ep 110, are we finally back at 'Square One'?

Before I answer those questions, let's take a short swing back to EN's room that fat mom Inae did an impromptu re-decoration - Mal Nam with her years of housekeeping skills together with the help of some unseen KBS drama set crew, had already tidied the room back to its original look - and thereafter, older granny says, SHOULD I GO OVER TO THEIR HOUSE AND DO THE SAME THING SHE DID?

See what I mean by all the 'hidden' comedy lines in this drama? You know that's NOT gonna happen anytime soon becos fat mom Inae would just swipe away older granny like a baseball bat hitting a one-eyed mosquito.

Speaking of swipe, M&A guy Jiseop hatches an ingenious (actually the writer's) plan to fire SI with justification - he & Jumi are going to send SI to take charge of Store No. 9 - the Green Love outlet that is losing money the most. If SI cannot turn the store around to making profits, then SI can be deemed to be incompetent and Sangha would have no choice but fire him. But if SI is able to do the impossible, then Jiseop would 'intervene' to make sure the impossible stays impossible.

Jumi jumps onto this brilliant plan and says why not we put the entire marketing team to look after Store 9? That way, we can get rid of the entire riffraff. This was another way of saying 'let's include the girl with the meaty thighs & silly grin' on board the Titanic and we know that's gonna be a mistake because we all know who did survive even though Leonardo Di Caprio didn't (in the movie).

Dear Jumi should have given that idea a second, maybe third thought and separate EN away from Store No. 9 becos up until now, the girl with wide meaty thighs and silly grin has done nothing but the impossible. Don't agree with me? Now just remember who it was who thought of new product after new product instantly after she joined Green Love, especially their citron rice? Who thought of re-packaging their bestseliing bean drink? And who wazzit who got farmer after farmer to sign the petition against the merger?

Without EN, SI is just another incompetent heir with pretty hair but with EN by his side, he could even package microwaveable big tasty meaty hamburgers for future astronauts, with crunchy fires all based on EN's wild ideas.

Speaking of wild ideas, HY then asks Jumi to come home becos she'll be her only mom from now on and make up for all the hurt she gave Jumi.

LET'S FORGET THE PAST. I'LL DO MY BEST. GIVE ME ONE MORE CHANCE.

Phew! Luckily our Jumi didn't fall for this lame trick by HY - the mom with the tendency to make new mistakes every single time - but HY did give her best parting shot: I'LL WAIT UNTIL YOU COME BACK TO YOUR OLD SELF, TO THE WAY THINGS WERE.

Then just after Super Junior Lee Teuk makes a 3.2 seconds cameo, JunYeong tells his mom Jin Suk - YOU CAN'T FORCE SOMEONE TO STOP LIKING SOMEONE.

Pay attention again, folks - this is the writer telling us the situation between EN & SI and that's why things can never be back at Square One.

After learning that her son is also intending to mate with Yunmi, Jinsuk just gives a sigh and leaves him without giving any long speeches but I'm sure Jin Suk might be thinking - Why izzit that the two bachelors (SI & JY) within the Lee family are chasing the 2 girls produced by Hwa Yeon?

Speaking of mating, SI gives EN a pre-proposal (you'll know what I mean when you come across the kissing scene) and horrors! did the two finally swap saliva? Not only did they kiss but in typical k-drama fashion, they did it under the brightest of lights - the outdoor scene was brighter than a public restroom.

Then the funniest scene in today's episode came when old geezer founder gathered his followers around his round table and told off chimp face in deep gravelly tone -

HEARING YOUR VOICE KNOCKS MY BLOOD PRESSURE OFF THE CHARTS, SO YOU BE QUIET!

Then reverting to his most pathetic voice, he asks SI what he intends to do with EN and after hearing SI say that he wants to make babies with EN, old geezer says it was good news. Of course chimp face launches into one of his usual scold-the-old-man-until-he-gets-heart-attack mode but the old geezer then laid down the family law No. 110 -

IF YOU TRY TO STOP SEIN FROM BEING WITH EUNNIM, YOU WON'T GET THIS HOUSE. YOU WON'T GET THE LAND I WAS GOING TO GIVE INAE. YOU WON'T GET A DIME OUT OF ME TO PAY FOR SERA'S WEDDING. YOU WON'T GET A CENT, AND THAT'S FINAL.

After hearing all these bad news, guess who was the first to stand up to protest strongly - it was Sera!

Shows that after all Sera's brain processing power is still faster than chimp face's or Inae's because the two parents were just too speechless to react.

Again it seems that members of the Lee family can only merge their DNA with members of the Hong-Hwa Yeon's family.members, with the notable exception of Jumi.

KBSW Ep 110....the one where EN wanted to make everyone cry by telling HY I WON'T EVER SEE YOU AGAIN.

You are a life saver Daunte...I had to miss a few episodes and your summaries have definitely allow me to continue to enjoy this drama.

Keep it up ... till the end...

Thank you

KBSW Ep 111....when events are just plodding along and being delayed to prolong the boredom.

Such is this drama after unravelling most of the important events at the 2 pinnacle episodes I mentioned. As an example of how predictable this drama has become, in the middle of this episode, we see Jumi ripping up the photo HY took with EN, and then she threw it into her wastebasket, only to be picked up later by HY when she went to Jumi's aprtmnt to put some food into her fridge, and while she was there did some quick housekeeping chores as well.

The episode started with Mr Hong demanding Han Jeongsu to tell him exactly VART happened 25 long years ago but after 3 minutes of ding-dong exchanges plus tugging of jackets, zippo!..Nothing was told.

Then after cooking some bland veggies at home for old geezer's daily meal, Jin Suk goes running around in the park looking for old geezer on walking stick, who apparently can move much faster than we thought, or maybe that park is much bigger than I thought.

Remember Store No. 9, the Green Love branch that's losing the most money out of all their branches? Our 2 axe-files detectives Mulder & Scully now using Korean names SeIn & Eunnim, from the FBI (Flopping Business/Branch Investigators), have determined the main causes for Store No. 9's dismal sales:

1. Becos the store was losing money, it didn't have many products

2. The employees weren't trained properly

3. It takes them a long time to locate even the most basic goods.

Note: how many of you agree that Point 1 & Point 3 above seem at odds with each other?

The head investigator, Cha Sung Joo, after flipping through the flipboard in his hands concludes - THE STORE MANAGER & EMPLOYEES WERE NOT TRAINED ENOUGH TO SERVE THE CUSTOMERS. THEY DIDN'T GRASP THAT IDEA. WHEN I WAS STILL AT GREEN LOVE, I SENT OUR RISK MGT TEAM THERE BUT NOTHING CAME OUT OF IT.

Review Sung Joo's remarks and don't you think the blame is his and his alone? Isn't it reasonable to assume that while he was the CEO, Store No. 9 was already in the red and all he did was send a risk mgt team which did nothing and therefore reported nothing? And now after flipping through his flipboard, he suddenly knows the reason?

All this mambo-jambo was meant to give EN & SI to again come up with even more funny ideas on how to save Store No. 9 - SI was going to talk to the customers and find out their views while EN was going to ask members of the nearby women's associations and such....

Do you notice what's wrong with our brilliant couple - if the store has not been making money, how on earth & the moon is SI going to locate and speak to customers? And can someone tell me how in blazes by roping in women's associations for their views in any way help to save this store?

If you thought that was enough to save Store No. 9, this is what Cha SungJoo added - IF THE STORE WAS IN THAT MUCH TROUBLE, THE WORKERS MUST NOT HAVE GOTTEN ALONG; I'LL TRY TO LOOK IN ON THAT.

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks the store's workers were actually slacking off and having karaoke sessions in their staff lounge & kpop dance contests ever so often.

Then came the funniest understatement of the year from chimp face - WHY IS SANGHA FINDING FAULT WITH MY MANAGEMENT ABILITIES & ASKING TO SEE OUR BALANCE SHEETS & SALES ANALYSIS CHARTS?.....WHY WOULD THEY DOUBT MY SKILLS IN RUNNING THE COMPANY? I'M THE ONE WHO BROUGHT THIS COMPANY TO THEM ON A SILVER PLATTER.

He shouts and shouts and blames even Jumi & Jiseop for the mess he's in (I bet previous posters never even saw that coming) - now let's see if you folks out there see the same picture as I do - if chimp face was so brilliant a manager, why would he need a merger, right? It should be Sangha asking to merge with Green Love, yeah?

What finally stopped him from making buttface-monkey of himself was a phone call from the friendly police lost & found dept - evidently old geezer can no longer remember Cha Seongju's address and so he ended up at the police station and when chimp face showed up, old geezer scolded the police officer for calling the wrong chauffeur - he had wanted Cha Seongju instead of his own son to come fetch him back to the home where old geezer is fed bland veggies every single meal.

You'd notice these days, Sera's bow ribbons on her head has become much smaller than the ginormous ones she used to wear. Sera even vainly tried to stop fat mom from further terrorising HY and/or EN but to no avail. Fat mom gave Sera the classic excuse only older wiser Koreans are good at using - I DON'T HAVE THE LUXURY NOW OF THINKING ABOUT HER HEALTH. IF I DO NOTHING, WE WILL LOSE THIS HOUSE AND EVERYTHING.

So what does fat mom eventually do to set up the ending scene? Fat mom meets with both HY & EN together. Now don't forget that only 2 episodes ago, fat mom re-arranged EN's room with her powerful paws but that impromptu interior redecoration was kept from EN's knowledge by the two grannies because after all, fat mom may well one day become EN's mother-in-law.

Assuming EN & SI will stay with chimp face & fat mom & Sera after marriage, fat mom would have each and every single day to redecorate EN's room and cook for EN her various high-fat, high-sodium, high cholesterol dishes that nearly killed the old geezer and EN might well take on the same bulky and meaty body as fat mom - now just close your eyes and imagine that, yeah?

And all the while some folks here and elsewhere think that EN & SI would be happy for life after marriage - for that to happen, the two must NOT stay in the same house as chimp face & fat mom, but you know k-dramas - they love to promote family values and young wedded couples should stay with the hubby's family so that the young wife can be properly trained or improperly brainwashed, whichever comes first.

Archived