[Drama 2011] Ojakgyo Brothers 오작교 형제들

Admin

Guest zelphietileternity

I've watched TONS of family dramas and I admit, this is the first time I've ever found the main family so distasteful.

I originally sympathized with the family and their plight (though really the father put the family in the situation himself so they really can't do anything about it unless they decide to legally buy it), but then when Ja Eun's father disappeared, the entire family was really gleeful about it. That I was a bit uncomfortable with, but was like "whatever, all's okay in the love Tae Hee (Joo Won!!! ♥♥♥)" but finally, I was shocked at their moral compass (more accurately, their lack of one) when they hid the contract and then proceeded to kick a pretty much orphan to the curb.

LIKE WHAT? Really I was annoyed about that especially since nearly everyone in the family had a pretty good hunch that the mom was the one that was responsible. Come on Cutie "I fight for justice" Tae Hee! How can you just ignore this?

And then don't get me started on my annoyance with that jerkface of a brat called Tae Pil. Seriously? How dare he act up when he did nothing right in the first place? Going around pretending to be a policeman is a criminal act! And then when he dropped the cards on the floor?! Grr...

Speaking of which... Tae Bum pissed me off too. What's with all these brothers abusing Tae Hee and his job so that could benefit themselves? Really... that's wrong. Suprisingly, though I disliked Tae Shik the most initially, he's actually the more considerate of others when compared to the others.

Ja Eun really grated on my nerves throughout the series with her princessy spoiled child acts, but that aspect was understandable since she's lived pampered her whole life. I can see that she's supposed to change by living with the family, but at this point, I feel so bad for her. Her life's in shambles and it's in one or the other because of the Hwang family.

I hope they do something soon to redeem the Hwang family soon because if not, I'm going to want Ja Eun to sue their sorry pants off despite my ridiculous bias towards Tae Hee. Maybe they can go off and elope or something since I find their interactions so cute! :D

P.S. Sorry for my ridiculous rant!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not Tae Hee's fault. Yes, he could have stood up for Jaeun, but we have to see it from his perspective. He probably feels indebted to the Hwang family for accepting him as their own, when his own mother abandoned him. That's why he is the kind, understanding one. He probably feels like he can't defy the family who took him in. That's why he's probably not fighting for justice.

Hmm, actually despite my feelings for the family and the characters, I'm really liking this drama for painting everyone with a realistic (as realistic as they can be) stroke. Everyone's got a flaw of their own. First bro is kind, but focuses so much on people's appearance. Second bro is an opportunistic trouble maker. Third bro is taciturn and rude, but has so much integrity. Magnae bro is loyal, but immature. Not to mention Jaeun, of course, who treats money like water, but you can't help but root for.

I love the dynamic between the characters, not just the prescribed couples. Like Taebum and Taehee can be cute, bickering, but things got emotional when they went too far. Or I can see Jaeun bonding well with Ahjussi too, which would be really nice to see. Jaeun must miss her dad a lot.

Guest Spellbound313

The written preview for episode 9 is out.... I'll try to find someone to translate it since I have very limited korean skills.

경찰서에서 자은과 마주친 태희는 자신의 실수를 인정하고 자은에게 사과한다.

그러나 이 모든 것이 농장 가족들과 태희 때문이라고 생각한 자은은

분노하며 절대 용서하지 않을 거라 말한다.

자은으로 인해 마음이 무거운 형제들에게 태희는

농장을 자은에게 돌려주는 건 어떠냐는 제안을 하는데...

아르바이트 하던 가게에서 쫓겨난 자은은 친구들과 술을 마시며 괴로워하고,

술에 취해 이성을 잃은 채 농장으로 향한다.

edit-

I'm still looking for someone to translate it until then here is the bing translation...

Tae-Hee to sleep in and bumped into a police station that his recognized the mistake and apologize to it.

However, all of this is due to a farm family and Tae-Hee is thought now is

Anger would not forgive and never says.

Now is due to the heavy hearts brothers Tae-Hee

Giving back to the farm now is that the proposal does nothing ...

It is now banned from part time to shop with friends and sipping the drink is, and the sufferer

Drunk flipped down farm.

It sounds weird but I think you'll be able to get a clue. Off to find some help... well after my class that is. Wish me luck. FIGHTING!! ^^

EDIT!!

YAY!!!! Thanks to sweetdreamzzz @ viki here is the TRANSLATION for Episode 9

Ja Eun and Tae Hee meet at the police station. He acknowledges his mistake and apologizes to her. However, Ja Eun thinks that everything happened because of the farm's family and Tae Hee, so she reacts angrily. She swears that she will never forgive him. The brothers feel uneasy because of Ja Eun, and Tae Hee suggests that the family return the farm to her... Ja Eun is kicked out of the shop where she worked part-time. She goes drinking with her friends and feels distressed. After getting drunk, she loses control of herself and heads off to the farm.

Guest ms.KPOP.LOVE

Hi Everyone,

Ojakgyo Brothers Episode 7 and 8 English Soft-Sub Subtitle are out.

ojakgyubrothers.jpg

Ojakgyo Brothers 1-8 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:-

This is a new project for the DSS CTS Team

URL: http://www.darksmurf...ungjedeul-2011/

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

Guest antinh85

haha It looks rather funny when she was chasing the chickens/ducks out. I don't feel bad for them at all. Serves them right. Chase them all out Ja Eun. But it looks like they are more angier at her than ever. How are they going to take her back! :(

Guest weetziebat

My Korean isn't that great and I kind of skipped a lot of parts, so I'm kind of confused about one thing.

In episode 8, I think I heard Joo Won/Hwang Tae Hee say to his older brother Ryu Soo Young/Hwang Tae Bum, "did you do this to me because I'm not your real brother?" This was when Taebum leaked to the press the inside scoop about Uee/Baek Jaeun's supposedly illegal acceptance into university through bribes. Joowon/Taehee was upset because the investigation wasn't finalized yet so it was a breach of confidence to release this to the press. So...is Joo Won/Hwang Tae Hee not a real son of the Hwang family?

Also, the whole acceptance through bribery hullaballoo is a bit senseless to me. All the investigators need to do is look through Baek Jaeun's academic records/portfolio to see whether or not she was qualified or not for acceptance into that university.

And this drama calls for some suspension of disbelief. Jung Woongin is supposed to be a year younger than Jeon Misun?? To me he looks like he's around 10 years older. I don't know, maybe it's because he's balding, has wrinkles, and has a rather sickly complexion. I guess Jeon Misun just looks really young for her age~~

09111649583_60800020.jpg

versus

e720060721_25668576.jpg

it's so frustrating, not a lot of people are subbing this drama. i wanna watch it so bad~ maybe they just don't know how great it is. i guess, i'll have to wait and just read the spoilers and watch the previews. :\

it's so frustrating, not a lot of people are subbing this drama. i wanna watch it so bad~ maybe they just don't know how great it is. i guess, i'll have to wait and just read the spoilers and watch the previews. :\

u can just download the videos, and put softsubs, i got my subs from Darksmurfsub.com :D

EDIT: LOL i just finished watching ep. 9, and is it bad of me to laugh at what happened in the end??? hahahha i was like "yeah UEE! go take a revenge! hahaha i loove the look on UEE's face when she got out of the taxi and sipping on her milk, i already know she was about to do something really really BAD....hahaha

and i also like the interaction again between her and joo won!

actually, i'm contented with their argument/fighting/disagreement scene! it makes me look more forward for their sweet scene! i bet it will be awkward at first! kyaaaa! hahah :D

and oMG...the girl is pregnant!!!!! i wonder if they will get married.....

Archived