[Drama 2011] Ojakgyo Brothers 오작교 형제들

Admin

Guest Simina

Wow ratings reach 30! that's reallly good. I didn't think they would do that good since it's a cute drama but not that interesting. But i'm happy for them.

It is a cute drama - not that interesting for ppl like you and me who love a good action/mystery or a nice romance in City hunter,  My Lovely Kim Sam Soon, IRIS or BBF ways

but it is made for Korean audience - the plots in this drama are the usual problems a grandma can have: the farm, the house, the nephews the new grand daughter in law - this is a drama designed for the large public  from Korea and a bit less for foreign fans: as you know what foreign fans love to bits in Korea is huge flop: Playful Kiss, Heartstrings, Spy Myeong Wol, even Poseidon

Ojak Brothers has drive and little arcs that fit perfectly in the bigger arc of the story: daily problems ( even I recognized some of my problems pictured in this drama) looking huge - those problems look small when it happens to someone else. but when we face them we see them as huge.

If you are fan of the genre: family drama you should know that they spend tons of episodes until they resolve the main OTP ( in Flames of ambition they resolved the secondary/almost main OTP in the final episode) not always to our liking. Some of the family dramas lose steam if they marry the main OTP in the first 30 episodes (I would tell you a few of them but I'm afraid that I'll spoil some ppl). Usually  family dramas have the problems of the married son,the loser son, the tomcat son-eventually the chabeol- this times it gets better we don't have chabeols on our screen: we can see ourselves in their shoes because they are normal ppl: in the last 2 episodes I just realized that a few years ago my  mother had the same type of ""special" wardrobe for special events as Ojak mom had at the in-laws meeting, lucky me my mom is overseas and changed her style

indeed this drama doesn't bring something new under the sun but it is something new in Klala Land: the main char isn't a chabeol, doesn't plan to marry a chabeol and our Cinderella isn't an innocent who can't fight for herself - she has guts even more she can flirt . Our secondary OTP (main until ep 18) isn't virgin - even better we had so much fun on their expense: I think they are one of the few main OTPs in Klala land that are preggy without previous relationship

I love the Secret Garden Mom even more here - she knows very well that a marriage isn't the solution to our problems: more it can be the doom for a person like she is: but she is such a traditional person who cares what ppl say about her and her family: therefore she will act accordingly ( against marriage but in the same time she is against divorce too- I wonder how it will work her relationship with her sis and daughter- it is a lot of drama in that matter too and that woman can steal every scene she is in)

Congrats Team Ojak Bro for the ratings!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest cococrust

ep 18 c-sub

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BTR83CK2

take note that I will be on vacation starting this weekend for a week, so updates for next week will be delayed.. thanks for understanding

태식은 안젤리카의 메일에 충격을 받고 안젤리카의 연락처를 수소문하고 다니다가 예진과의 약속도 까먹는다. 태식의 집앞에서 태식을 기다리던 예진은 미숙과 부딪치고...두 사람은 태식을 두고 신경전을 벌이는데...

결혼식을 마친 태범과 수영은 신혼집으로 가서 어색한 첫날밤을 보낸다. 다음날 아침, 잠에서 깬 태범은 식탁에 차려진 정성스런 음식들에 놀라고...여경이 남긴 메모에 경악하게 되는데...

*예고영상 준비중입니다*

can someone please translate the preview

태식은 안젤리카의 메일에 충격을 받고 안젤리카의 연락처를 수소문하고 다니다가 예진과의 약속도 까먹는다. 태식의 집앞에서 태식을 기다리던 예진은 미숙과 부딪치고...두 사람은 태식을 두고 신경전을 벌이는데...

결혼식을 마친 태범과 수영은 신혼집으로 가서 어색한 첫날밤을 보낸다. 다음날 아침, 잠에서 깬 태범은 식탁에 차려진 정성스런 음식들에 놀라고...여경이 남긴 메모에 경악하게 되는데...

*예고영상 준비중입니다*

can someone please translate the preview

You got it! ROUGH TRANSLATION:

Taesik is so shocked by Angelica's email that he calls around asking about them and completely forgets about his appointment/date with Yejin. Yejin and Misuk bump into each other while Yejin is waiting for Taesik outside of his house... though consequently they both leave(?)...

Newly weds Taebom and Sooyeong go to their newlywed home and spend an awkward first night together. The next morning, a sleeping Taebom wakes up to find an elaborate array of food on the table. The two (?) are shocked by the memo that's left behind. [it's exactly like the preview at the end of last week's episode]

hmm thanks for the translation!

i can see now why this drama have 50 eps..

coz there's 4 brothers with different lives to be shown in this drama.

i guess i shouldnt just expect Ja Eun and Tae Hee's scene all the time...lol

(although based on the preview, it seems there will not much Ja Eun and Tae hee scenes...they are really taking their time wit them)

anyways, i wonder if the maknae will develop a love line with the aunt,

it would be exciting to see how they will reconnect again! :D

------------

EDIT:

NEW BTS OF OJAKGYO!!

They gave Joo Won a cake for his bday! awwwww!

CLICK CLICK!!

i want subs tho! lol i wonder what they were talking about!

Guest vrosemarie

I'm actually following the KBSWorld version since subs are a bit slow... It's about three weeks slower than the Korean airdate... But I can't resist peeking at spoilers and downloading raws!!! So happy it's the weekend already, I need my Uee/JooWon fix!

Thanks semifly!!! You're so dependable! :D

short recaps for today's episode..thanks to fanderay@rebelsouls. she's awesome! :)

now i can't wait to see this episode especially J & TH's part.. :D

ep-19

^ wahhhhh!!!! thanks for the link! :D

i havent watch the mV yet, but the screencap of TH and JE was soooooo cute!!!!!! my hearts goes dugeun dugeun! lol

soooo looovely!1

kyaaaa

ok im spazzing too much!

i cant wait to watch it!

anyone has the video link?? like megaupload or filesaver?? thanks!!

EDIT:

thanks so much @antinh85 for link!

i just registered! hehe :)

OMG! i just finished this ep!!

i love it so much!!

so many cute scenes on different couples! :wub:

Since i love it so much, i made another MV cut of Ja Eun and Tae Hee's car-leaning-in scene!!

(I PUT ENG SUB TOO! subs credit to: Fanderay - hope u dont mind! :D)

WOW...this is so AWESOME & CUTE..so well done! Love your comment too in this MV...aigoo why only JE who's duguen dugeun and TH is one cool cucumber..why can't he do his nervous "mouth blowing thingy" so that we know he feel something too..aigooo this fella..sigh!! :sweatingbullets:

BTW loves all your clips, keep em coming THANKS! :w00t:

Even when the truth is out that Mrs Hwang hid the promissory note, I doubt Jaeun would be surprised. She has always suspected that Mrs. Hwang has the deed. That's why she called them thieves and cons. Anyway, I'm sure Jaeun's stepmother will demand her share of the farm if she knows about the existence of the farm.

in today's ep, i like how the maknae and the auntie met again! lol

it seems the story will now include them as well :D

but i dont like how Tae Pil is acting...he knew that his mom hid the contract, but it seems at the end he still wants to keep the farm to her mom. dry.gif

i love how this drama is progressing though!

i always look forward to watching this every week! i just wish this wasnt a weekend drama...coz waiting for a week is too long! and they hardly ever put a preview! :tears:

anyways, i have a feeling next week we will have more taehee/ja eun scene! since the leaning in car scene hehehe

and i'm excited to see how tae pil will introduce his son!

OMG! i think he will hide his son to Mi sook's house!!! :w00t:

and that's how they are going to get closer!! heheh

just my guess... :D

-----

EdIT:

btw, am i the only one who thinks its funny how Tae Hee acts so rough, serious, and cold whenever he's at work, with ja eun, with his assistant, with seungri and with everybody else outside the house??

but then he completely change into this cute, cheeky, grandmother's baby when he's talking to his parents/grandma, or when he's at their dining table?? lol:sweatingbullets:

it feels like a completely different person!:lol:

OMGAAAHHH, Sooyoung is SO cute. She's so frontal when it comes to work, but looking at her all shy and giddy preparing for Taebum's dinner just makes me smile. I hope her feelings wouldn't stay unrequited for long. I wanna see Taebum totally crushing on her too.

Guest orbiter

♧ 21부 :: 10월 15일 토요일 저녁 7시 55분 ♧

태필의 말에 충격 받은 복자는 밤새 잠못 이루며 괴로워한다. 태필 역시 엄마에 대한 실망과 충격에 눈물 흘리며 괴로워하다 아침 일찍 집을 나서고...

사채업자들이 윤숙을 찾는다는 것을 알게 된 자은은 망설임 끝에 윤숙을 찾아가 이 사실을알리며 잠시 피해있으라고 전한다. 심란한 마음으로 돌아서던 자은은 우연히 탐문수사를 벌이던 태희와 부딪치는데...

*예고영상은 준비중입니다. 이점 양해바랍니다*

Anyone care to translate Epi 21 Preview? :sweatingbullets:

It's so refreshing to see fast plot movement in a genre that is traditionally known as being slow paced. Seriously, if all weekend dramas were paced as quickly as OB is, then I would watch them more often.

I found it so refreshing that TP confronted his mom so quickly; the end scene of ep. 20 where TP was kinda scolding/guilt tripping the mom was great. To my understanding, he said something along the lines of, "Can you live with the guilt and see her (JE) face every day?" I think he feels burdened and disappointed in finding out the mom's secret, but it doesn't necessarily outweigh his pity towards JE, since he feels more loyalty to his mom. If TP reacts this strongly and he was supposedly on "mom's side" then how will the rest of the family react?? :mellow:

I also like how TB and SY's relationship seems to be kinda getting better. IMO, I think TB isn't unaffected by SY/their relationship as he would like to be. He let it slip when he changed the password to their apartment to the date where they slept together :lol: Got caught!

I know I said above that OB is fast paced, but not so much with the TH & JE love line, but it's getting there. I see some potential for the couple in next week's episodes, cause TH has to ask JE about Mr. Hong... Hopefully he meets her outside, right after she's kicked out by TP and TH will take her back inside with him or something :)

Also, I really hoping that the arrival of Noodles will finally get rid of Ye Jin and make way for TS and MS to finally get together. But before that, TS needs to seriously woo and charm MS for me to be satisfied ;)

Guest -quiescent

I just finished the wonderful The Princess Man. And the acting there was spectacular...

And now I'm quite interested to watch this drama, but I'm worried about UEE's acting - I wasn't a huge fan of her acting during her YB days. I'm aware that it was two years ago, so I wanted to ask you all who are watching this, is her acting good? And of course if I should invest my time in watching the drama....

Archived