[drama 2005] Sad Love Story/sad Sonata 슬픈연가

Guest coreana

any sg peeps who bought the vcds/dvds?? i cant decide to buy or not... :blink:

The singapore version is lousy. They have changed some of the background music and taken out the songs sung by SSH. Subtitles are quite lousy too. Image quality is not good that good either. Not worth to pay such a high price for this quality.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest discreed

The singapore version is lousy. They have changed some of the background music and taken out the song sung by SSH. Subtitles are quite lousy too. Image quality is not good that good either. Not worth to pay such a high price for this quality.

oh.. is this the version u r referring to? den which version's better? cuz i've watched e show on dis set of dvds with pretty good image quality n with e songs sung by ssh. e only bad thing abt this set of dvds i haf is dat itz dubbed in china so e dubbing's pretty horrible. and my granny wanna watch it cuz i keep telling her how nice it is :P haha derez no way she can read e chi subs so i hafta get my hands on a set datz dubbed in tw with all the ssh songs intact. any recommendations? :rolleyes:

I think so. She is older than oppa. Only 1 year, but I think many many.....

Love this drama than STH, KHS - KSW is better couple than KSW - CJW, but there are many people like couple CJW - KSW, I don't understand ???

there nothing to understand or not to...it just depend on what attract you liking the person.....

I love CJW and the only reason I like KSW is because of her and because of STH!

oh.. is this the version u r referring to? den which version's better? cuz i've watched e show on dis set of dvds with pretty good image quality n with e songs sung by ssh. e only bad thing abt this set of dvds i haf is dat itz dubbed in china so e dubbing's pretty horrible. and my granny wanna watch it cuz i keep telling her how nice it is :P haha derez no way she can read e chi subs so i hafta get my hands on a set datz dubbed in tw with all the ssh songs intact. any recommendations? :rolleyes:

Yes, this is the lousy quality VCD I'm referring referring to. Well, the DVD version I watched was actually bought by my friend in HK. I believe it's the same version that you watched previously.

Not sure whether you should get the Taiwan version coz the Singapore version was also dubbed in Taiwan.

Are you going to buy from Yesasia? Let me know your comments after you got your copy. Thanks and good luck!!! :)

I love this drama eventhough the story similliar like in winter sonata especiallyin cd 12 when she knows that Joo Young is still alive but its kind a dramatic drama..I love to watch it

this drama didnt make me cry as much as i thought i would. i thk i cried more for stairway to heaven. but still i think this drama;s amazing!! i still cried a bit. i dont know why my fren thinks there's no chemistry between KSW n KHS. i tot they were fab!

• 2 weeks later...

does anyone know what that song in sad sonata was ? ..like

the one the rich guy always played thinking of his mom ?

like..the title of the song..or like...the piano lyrics itself ?

this aint the best drama that I've seen, but i think it's still good!

I'm bias cuz I love Yeon Jung hoon!! I'm so happy he took over this role~ keke.

Me too! I love Yeon Jung Hoon...he's sexy!hehe!

Omg...I have this drama with english subs. I think I bought the Hk version or something from ebay, but the subtitles were sooo freakin' bad that it made me dislike watching the series. They even subtitled the American guy's (the one who married Hae-in's aunt) name wrong! His name was Willie , but subtitles kept saying "John"...what the hell. I was so annoyed about that.

I thought the American guy's acting was so freakin' bad that I kept laughing every time he was on screen...omg...everything about it was BAD. I didn't like the series too much overall because of the sh*tty subtitles, the dragging, and the end.

The only thing that kept me watching was Yeon Jung Hoon because I thought that his character was the most interesting. I really liked his style when he was in New York...especially when he was wearing a hat. I also liked Kwon Sang Woo, but there was too much sadness with his character so I got a little tired of him. I found most of the characters either boring or obnoxious. The girl who played Hwa Jung :angry: pissed me off so bad and I thought she was ugly as hell. I really liked Charlie and found him entertaining...hehe! I think I would've liked this better if the subtitles were good. I ended up fast forwarding through this series...too bad. <_<

Guest ms_lala

the drama overall wasn't soo good..but i watched it..personally..because of KWON SANG WOO...gosh..he's soo hot..i couldn't resist..but i like stairway to heaven much more..he was much better in there and i liked his character in there more..in sad love story..i didn't like the role he played..but he's cute so yeah..the drama was alright..

DVD set w/ ENG SUBS for Sad Love Story is AVAIL for PRE-ORDERING!

lp10040950417nv.jpg

link to DVD set @ Yesasia: Sad Love Story ENG SUBBED DVD SET

Product Information

Price: US$94.99

Product Title : Sad Love Story (English Subtitled)(MBC TV Series)

Region Code : 3

Picture Format : NTSC

Artist Name(s) : Kim Hee Sun | Kwon Sang Woo | Yeon Jung Hoon

Release Date : December 30, 2005

Language : Korean

Subtitle : English

Package Weight : 900 g

Publisher : Bitwin (KR)

Other Information : 7 DVDs (20 episodes)

YesAsia Catalog No. : 1004095041

Shipment Unit : 5

Guest kalinda

Finally, I found this thread. Yup! I LOVEE SLS.. as I wrote in KSW thread, I found him in SLS to be more impressive than his role in STH when I watched it a year ago, and like some of you, I started to be his fan, a 1-day old fan to be exact, it's amazing, isn't it, how 1 drama can change your mind set :), I'd better catch up his other dramas. It seems majority of KSW fans are more to STH than SLS though.. I guess I'm the minority... :)

Just copy and paste the thing that I wrote in KSW's thread...

..Just finished it last night. I LOVEEEE KSW bec of this serie...yup! I'm wayy behind.. I watched STH but it didn't affect the way SLS did.... Gosh I lovee KSW's character so much. His undying love towards his woman. Particularly love the dinner scene, 1 day before she left for the USA. My heart ached when he put some rice into her mouth, he forced himself not to cry!!!...gosh it's sooo sad. Actually so many sad scenes, my heart went ups and downs seeing KSW/the girl kept missing each other. There was 1 scene in the hospital (when the girl almost got hit by a car), she walked by and tried to get to the stairs to go up while KSW was just centimeters away in front of the lift.. I was like screaming, turn yr head to the left KSW! .. . Another scene that gripped me as well was the reunited scene in the secret place, after the girl realized it's him after all. For the ending, it is the most romantic dying scene I've ever watched. My heart was going uncontrollably sad him when KSW said, "Take me to her, i don't want to die here". I love the scene where KSW's hand was held by his friend, that's sweet!.... eventhough he died, it seemed he died peacefully!, with his loved ones around him... sad but it's a nice sad...KSW has totally a boyish look, I prefer him without facial hair tough, pure and sweet!

Guest conduongmuathu

Finally, I found this thread. Yup! I LOVEE SLS.. as I wrote in KSW thread, I found him in SLS to be more impressive than his role in STH when I watched it a year ago, and like some of you, I started to be his fan, a 1-day old fan to be exact, it's amazing, isn't it, how 1 drama can change your mind set :), I'd better catch up his other dramas. It seems majority of KSW fans are more to STH than SLS though.. I guess I'm the minority... :)

Just copy and paste the thing that I wrote in KSW's thread...

..Just finished it last night. I LOVEEEE KSW bec of this serie...yup! I'm wayy behind.. I watched STH but it didn't affect the way SLS did.... Gosh I lovee KSW's character so much. His undying love towards his woman. Particularly love the dinner scene, 1 day before she left for the USA. My heart ached when he put some rice into her mouth, he forced himself not to cry!!!...gosh it's sooo sad. Actually so many sad scenes, my heart went ups and downs seeing KSW/the girl kept missing each other. There was 1 scene in the hospital (when the girl almost got hit by a car), she walked by and tried to get to the stairs to go up while KSW was just centimeters away in front of the lift.. I was like screaming, turn yr head to the left KSW! .. . Another scene that gripped me as well was the reunited scene in the secret place, after the girl realized it's him after all. For the ending, it is the most romantic dying scene I've ever watched. My heart was going uncontrollably sad him when KSW said, "Take me to her, i don't want to die here". I love the scene where KSW's hand was held by his friend, that's sweet!.... eventhough he died, it seemed he died peacefully!, with his loved ones around him... sad but it's a nice sad...KSW has totally a boyish look, I prefer him without facial hair tough, pure and sweet!

Many fans of SW don't like him in this drama ^^

When read your write, I know you really very love this drama. :rolleyes:

I love this drama than STH and Suh Joon Young than Cha Song Chu, too. But it don't love much like you ^^

I love dying sence, too. This scene really very romantic and be moved.

Guest boogieling

a good drama that literally caused me to bang my head on the wall during the first few episodes and tear during the last few episodes

aiks.. Sad Sonata. reminds me of SW's gruelling n undying love in the series.. i actually liked this one compared 2 STH. well maybe i disliked SW's character in STH n i wasn't into CJW so i didn't really like STH. (no offence to STH <3s)

watching this series brought tears 2 my eyes. esp when SW couldn't get back in time 2 see his mom. that part was the saddest i think. his mum loved him dearly but never expressed it to him openly and his undying love 4 KHS was one of a memorable one. cos he in the beginning, never gave up on KHW. altho it was kinda draggy but i thought the series was well made n it's one of my fav SW series...

Guest Project_X

DVD set w/ ENG SUBS for Sad Love Story is AVAIL for PRE-ORDERING!

lp10040950417nv.jpg

link to DVD set @ Yesasia: Sad Love Story ENG SUBBED DVD SET

Product Information

Price: US$94.99

Product Title : Sad Love Story (English Subtitled)(MBC TV Series)

Region Code : 3

Picture Format : NTSC

Artist Name(s) : Kim Hee Sun | Kwon Sang Woo | Yeon Jung Hoon

Release Date : December 30, 2005

Language : Korean

Subtitle : English

Package Weight : 900 g

Publisher : Bitwin (KR)

Other Information : 7 DVDs (20 episodes)

YesAsia Catalog No. : 1004095041

Shipment Unit : 5

94.99 too expensive...if HKD yes I would wave my hands and feet up. but you can see that, it's USD!

that is not cheap, not valued enough. still needs to drop in price...

that is...I have watched it but KSW die is the regret

Archived