Stars Who Speak English Very Well

Guest jayelae

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest s_h_a_d_o_w

it's surprising but Samsoon is fluent in English.. she just learned Korean a couple years ago when she decided to be an actress,,,

she fakes korean accent really well!

hehe

Wow she's amazing.. she made it really look like she didn't know English! :lol: I heard that Kim Sun Ah (Sam Soon) was like the "english translator" helper between Daniel Henney and MNIKSS's director.. not sure if this is true though.

han chae young went to high school in chicago.

Glenbrook South i believe? anyway... i have a friend who has a friend who was han chae young's friend. hold on... haha... did that make sense?

anyway... i heard she was in the chicago a month ago to visit her friends at GBS.

wait... kim sunah speaks english well?!?! she was faking the accent?! whoa... are you sure about that?

Here in Illinois? Wow.. I wish I went to high school with her. :(:P I really wanna hear Han Chae Young speak in English now. :D

This thread is interesting! I love accents. :lol:

Guest wonbinlover

you mean a californian fob accent or californian english america accent... im born and raised in cali and i dont think his english is like a native californian... its a little fobby... :mellow:

LOL i agree Eric speaks english weirdly. It's not the Californian accent because i lived in Cali all my life and i know we don't speak like that. He has an accent when he speaks and when he sings. I agree with PiffleSprite that Eric has a fobbish accent. :D Out of all the people i have heard Kim Min speaks English the best.

Interesting topic....

I think the Korean culture's emphasis on education is exceptional and superb!

lol many asian cultures focus on education... ;)

LOL i agree Eric speaks english weirdly. It's not the Californian accent because i lived in Cali all my life and i know we don't speak like that. He has an accent when he speaks and when he sings. I agree with PiffleSprite that Eric has a fobbish accent. :D Out of all the people i have heard Kim Min speaks English the best.

yea i think kim min does :lol: hehe i agree with wonbinlove, we californians dont sound like that :lol:

Guest jgabriel2005

Jung Ryu Won's English in MNIKSS is okay. I can very well understand what she's saying.

It's not often that I get to see Korean stars speak in English but the few times that I've seen some of them, their English is pretty lousy and if ever I get to understand them that's because they're speaking so slow.

It's not really a big deal for me if they don't speak good English. But it would be amazing if they get to visit my country and won't need a translator for every word they have to say. I just hated it when Song Hye Kyo and Rain got interviewed and it was dubbed. Spoils the fun. ;);) ;)

Guest Choi Ji Woo

wow..kudos to the person who started this thread..only few of famous Korean stars here in our country can speak English..Kim Eugene, Lee Da Hae & Han Chae Young, to name a few of them..I'm not bragging but many Chinese, Japanese & Korean non-celebs are studying here in some of our country's top universities..I

have so many Korean classmates and their main reason for studying here in our country is to be able for them to learn & speak fluent English..our country's second language is English so about 95% of Filipinos can speak & write fluent English..Korean celebs are always welcome here..Philippines is very near to Korea, guys

do you know Sandara Park? she's a Korean teenager who won a talent search (Star Circle Quest) here in our

country..she's very famous here due to her warm character..I think she went there for a vacation..harhar...

Hey you guys are forgetting about:

Tasha ---->the chick that sings "As time goes by"

J ----> sings "The Crush of Love"

JiNI

And yes.... Eugene speaks good English but I wouldn't say with an American accent because I can somehow hear her korean accent... And Eric doesn't speak good English... it's kind of weird.... (I'm not trying to hate okayz)... oh yeah that chick from Lost her English and pretty good... those are all the korean celebs that I can think of right now....

Guest Hae_Won

I only know Eugene and Kim Min speak English well because I've heard them talk in their series. ^_^

I heard that Lee Da Hae grew up in Australia so I assume she can speak in English.

celebs who speak english well because they are korean american:

Han Chae young: her american name is Rachel and she was actually going to attend a university in Chicago as a business major but she went to korea as a vacation and she was discovered by a well known korean comedian.

Really?! :o I didn't know that Han Chae Young can speak English well! Thanks for the info! ;)

IMO:

Eugene speaks English with an accent due to her Guam background.

Both Eric from Shinhwa & Micky from DBSK speak Engrish---they tend to slur their words, especially when they rap -_-

Brian from FTTS, Tablo, Tim, & Tae Bin speak American English without any accent due to the fact that they were either

A. born in the states

B. raised in the states

C. both.

But on the other hand, which stars' Korean pronunciation needs work?

I've seen Tablo have a hard time READING Hangul on a Starbell show.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kaotsun

TAEBIN

DANNY

TIM

SUNG SIKYUNG

BRIAN

FANY

SE7EN

MICKY <- lol..not for most ppl but it's realli cute for me <3

ERIC

wil add more if i remember...

Guest jooeunayy

Han Chae Young's really good.

Did you guys know that she actually graduated from my jr.high AND my high school? its crazy. oh and her sister [i'm not sure if its younger or older] came to my church last week. she's really pretty too and looks very similar to han chae young.

yeah.. its crazy. what a SMALL world. :P

Guest wooiezgrl

i want to hear han chae young speak english...she's becoming one of my favorite korean actresses these days...anyone got links to shows where she speaks english? thanks in advance!

Archived