Stars Who Speak English Very Well

Guest jayelae

yoon jung hoon..heard him speak in Sad Sonata..very fluent.

Kim Min LSIH..also very fluent english.

Eugene.. heard her speak in Wonderful life.. almost perfect! i think she's born american is she?

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the girl at Samsoon,she has a fluent english..*Daang,why i forgot her name while posting it here?*

ooh...i remember..Ryu Won...!!

and Lee Dae Hee also has a gud english too.

Guest Jamieâ„¢

Yes, Kim Min speaks excellent English in Guardian Angel and in Jackie Chan's movie, Accidental Spy.

Lee Byung Hun speaks and communicates in English really well although he didn't study overseas, mainly from his relatives in the US and friends.

ohhhh soo thats where I rmb her from! that movie w/ jackie chan.. she played the korean agent right?

han chae young is really fluent! she surprised me on Love letter! it was funny though, cause Chun was like "what's the matter baby" & he probably didn't know she spoke english.. so then she answered in perfect english.. and chun was like o.O lol hahaha then tim comes in speaking english w/ hcy.. and the whole time chun is like :huh: lmaoo and the funniest part is when shin & that big afro guy come in speaking chinese! hahahah

Guest VyLeTtE

Kwon Sang Woo

>>>>> cheongmal? KSW is fluent in english? but when i heard him talk in english in tutor fwen it has a different accent but its okei :)BI is learning english (and other asian languages) i read sumwrsong hye gyo went to US to study english after FH not sure tho if its true

Guest cpopbaby19

i think there's more singers that speak fluent english than actors but oh well..

like y'all said... Eric, tablo, Brian. Han Chaeyoung... etc..

:)

There's a difference between Korean and Korean American....you would expect Korean Americans--people born and raised in the US (or Canada)--to have perfect English... people like Tim (Philadelphia) or Danny Im (Cali), or Brian Joo (New Jersey)--Danny Ahn, Joon Hyung, Son Ho Young ((god))--- Daniel Henney---(I heard a long time ago that Han Chae Young is from Chicago--but not sure if she was born there)just to name very few---so it's kind of unfair to compare them to those born in Korea--because they have to learn English---and we know it's hard--because some of us still struggle with grammar (especially those still in school) or spelling. :P

I've heard Eugene is from Guam--and still has family there, but I don't know where she was actually born.

I think there are a lot of actors--you just don't hear them quite as often as you might hear gasoo...and sometimes when you do, it's kind of a shock, because you (or someone who doesn't think Korean people know English at all -__-;; )might not expect it. lol

Guest luluchan

it's surprising but Samsoon is fluent in English.. she just learned Korean a couple years ago when she decided to be an actress,,,

she fakes korean accent really well!

hehe

Guest HWANGB0

I don't think KSW speaks english very well, just because the way he speaks it in Sad Sonata. But then again I don't know if he can really speak well in real life.

Eric has a weird accent. I was not really impressed, mainly because I did not understand most of his pronunciation in Boolsae.

I would say Brian Joo, Kim Min, Danny, Tim are some of them who speaks excellent english - but like Mythnoona said, it won't be fair to compare as these people have lived in the US/Canada most of their lives.

for someone who is not Korean-American - Lee Byung Hun speaks great english, almost with an American accent. but he speaks it a bit slowly than a regular English speaker.

among the actresses, i agree that Kim Min is the best.

Eugene's English was good. KTH in LSIH was understandable too.

i haven't heard Lee Na Young speak in English but i read/heard from minami back then that she's fluent. (the girls from LNY's thread in the old soompi said it was funny that her character from Please Teach Me English was the complete opposite of her.)

han chae young went to high school in chicago.

Glenbrook South i believe? anyway... i have a friend who has a friend who was han chae young's friend. hold on... haha... did that make sense?

anyway... i heard she was in the chicago a month ago to visit her friends at GBS.

wait... kim sunah speaks english well?!?! she was faking the accent?! whoa... are you sure about that?

Guest summerbrez

han chae young is really fluent! she surprised me on Love letter! it was funny though, cause Chun was like "what's the matter baby" & he probably didn't know she spoke english.. so then she answered in perfect english.. and chun was like o.O lol hahaha then tim comes in speaking english w/ hcy.. and the whole time chun is like :huh: lmaoo and the funniest part is when shin & that big afro guy come in speaking chinese! hahahah

haha.. that was funny... which episode was that??? :D

in my opinion eric and andy is good in english

also kim tui hee < did i spell her name rite?

and stephanie from the group something starting with C ....

Guest White Star

i went to school with a guy in virginia.......he was in a couple of my class.....i heard he's in a popular boy band in korea right know......i wouldn't know if my friend haven't told...... it was so long ago that i can't even remember his nam... anyways... his english was ok.

Archived