[Drama 2011] Manny 매니

Guest poly0410

Guest toGETherONE

I simply love how E02 ended. :lol: A scream heard around the world.

I too hope softsubs will get released for this series. I think the Super Manny tips are a fantastic bonus.

I've wept every episode so far, that little boy is amazing.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deannadsc

Manny's 2nd episode had me hook, line & sinker!!! Although ep 1 felt kinda shaky(well, as do most KDramas!!)...ep.2 was just Daebak!!!

Suh Ji Seuk's Manny character...seems to be tailor-made for him!!! Watched his previous drama, Gloria...but his role there was the usual staid-chaebol-type!! But that scene of him begging & kneeling before Gloria to take him back, still lingers in my mind....

P.S.

SJS's dimples are killing me!!!

Guest kcomments

Watched ep1, kind of predictable show but charming, had me smiling too. The premise of Manny and this gifted of understanding children is refreshing. Hmm...the bumping mom was not yet totally into her character but improving.

This Manny is so gorgeous I want one too :w00t: Good comments for ep2, gotta check it out. ^_^

Edit: finished ep2, this Manny ajusshi was freaking hot :w00t: ,the ost was cool. Why turtle beats bunny? Ninja turtle ^_^ , the ending had me lmao hahaha! His Manny footage at the end was soo cute too. Loved all the scenes of the boy/manny, they both had perm, so adorable.

So far the stories on the kids were pretty weak, but the cute little boy/manny moments pulled me through the episode. Never know the lead male but I felt he is a Manny from scene 1.

Guest adikkeluangman

Actress Choi Jung Yoon wants T.O.P for “We Got Married”

At the press conference for the upcoming MBC drama, “Manny” (yes, it is a portmaneau of the words “man” and “nanny”) actress Choi Jung Yoon gave her honest thoughts on “We Got Married Season 2“.

She said, “I always think positively about marriage” and added, “I encourage people to get married.”

On Park So Hyun’s appearance on the program as the virtual wife of Kim Won Joon, she said, “Park So Hyun, I’ve already spoken to Shin Bong Sun on Twitter.” She then said, “I wanted to be on ‘We Got Married’ but it didn’t work out.”

She said, “He’s not a real husband, but having a virtual husband at my age is more sad”, and ”I am envious of Park So Hyun, but I didn’t think my heart would hurt.”

And if she were to be on ‘WGM’, who would she like to be her partner? She chose Big Bang’s T.O.P. “In reality, I like Rain a lot, and I bought his music and went to his concerts. However, now that Rain is going to the military, I’ve switched to TOP,” she quipped, drawing laughs from the audience.

Meanwhile, “Manny”, a new romantic comedy which stars Seo Ji-Suk as a former New Yorker who becomes a high-end manny to single mom Choi Jung Yoon, is due to air in 13 days.

http://www.allkpop.com/2011/04/actress-choi-jung-yoon-wants-t-o-p-for-we-got-married

I don't know if I like it or not... it feels like a sitcom. Right now I prefer Janice + Manny so Mannice? lol... anyway, I'll give it another week. 

It does have a sitcom feel to it.  I like the Janice-Manny trickery.  She's doing it because she hates him and he to make a better "child" of her, lol.

Yeah, I can see him with Janice since they are messing with each other, but we can see that the daughter will figure out the riddle like in  "Nanny McPhee" or "Charles in Charge" and will not want him to leave them so.....

Hello everyone! I'm seriously loving this drama! So cute and light~ Suh Ji Suk = what a handsome man<333

And, this boy. Jung Min.... so adorable! His scenes with the manny... I get teary everytime especially the preview at the end of Ep.2!

Looking forward to next week~

Guest tinysunbl

Does anyone know where to get the ratings for this drama? I am not entirely in love but I hope this drama will well. All the cast are so cute :)

Guest RSmith021985

Lee Han and the Janice chick is to good. I'm really enjoying the first two episodes, can't wait for the 3rd.

Eun Bi is to cute too.

:angry: Well, I watched but I have a lot of problems with it, I give it another week but maybe it is not for me. My biggest problems are in no particular order, First, his purple lips and his perm hair and his attitude at the airport but what I can't stand the most is the description an ivy league and he is just a nanny? not that I want reality because not even reality tv is real but come on! Maybe a good guy that lost his money but not an ivy league graduate, what did he study obviously medicine since he diagnosed the kid with asthma by just listening to his breathing in the plane or when he cried, my nephew's peditrician took several tests and visits to diagnose that his wheezing was due to allergies and not asthma but we should've just look for someone like him. Or maybe he is a child psychologist since he knows why the little kid had so many problems in one conversation... If I was an educated woman like this mom pretends to be I wouldn't listen to just a nanny on how to raise my kids, but that is just me. And I hate the real janice and I hate this fake one who actually believes she is the korean version of the real one. like I say I don't expect perfection but give me a brake. I'll give it a week and I just move on to another thing just that I was so excited about this drama and now I am so disappointed.

Guest majata

I hope there will be softsubs available soon for this. thanks semi-fly and am addiction. this sounds fun. i can't wait to watch it. :wub:

read that darksmurf will be doing the softsubs of this drama. So the future sure is bright for us non koreans

Anyone here is willing to work together to release the softsub?

I'm willing to be the timer, and the editor,

From Viki, we can get the english subtitle text, right?

So, we don't need translator or spot translator.

I tried to do this for video part 1, episode 1.

But it's so exhausted doing this alone, copying the subtitle text into text files.

Perhaps, if anyone is willing to copy the subtitle text into text files,

later I can put the subs into the srt files and upload it somewhere.

If 10 people is willing to join, copying the subtitle text into text file,

it's much better and faster, 1 person for 1 part of the video.

Just an idea though...

^ That would depend on the ViKi channel staff if they'd allow people to release soft subtitles... Maybe ask for their permission first?

Guest relly

Hi Everyone,

Manny Episode 1 and 2 English Soft-Sub Subtitle are out.

mannykdrama.png

Manny 1-2 English Subtitle can be found Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project:- This is a new project for DSS Team

URL: http://www.darksmurfsub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1069-manny-2011-coming-soon/

Please visit the link for more information about the Community Translated Subtitle (CTS) Project. CTS Project is about FANS helping FANS for FAST SUBTITLE RELEASE! Enjoy!

Guest gonnabtall05

I'm really enjoying this drama so far! Does anyone know a website to watch this drama live? Thanks!!!! One more day!! =)

Anyone here is willing to work together to release the softsub?

I'm willing to be the timer, and the editor,

From Viki, we can get the english subtitle text, right?

So, we don't need translator or spot translator.

I tried to do this for video part 1, episode 1.

But it's so exhausted doing this alone, copying the subtitle text into text files.

Perhaps, if anyone is willing to copy the subtitle text into text files,

later I can put the subs into the srt files and upload it somewhere.

If 10 people is willing to join, copying the subtitle text into text file,

it's much better and faster, 1 person for 1 part of the video.

Just an idea though...

As an official translator of viki I can tell you that you would get in trouble with the korean/english translators in there if you do this without their consent, me I don't mind I work for free for viki I don't care who uses my files but there are a lot of people that take it to the extreme and why not translating takes a lot of time it takes me to translate ten minutes from eng/spa about three hours cause you got to give it meaning and the right grammar and spelling, I can imagine it takes them the same from korean to eng so it is hard work and if you take it without consent it is consider stealing, and you will be hunt for that, LOL. But talk to them and see if they give you their consent to do it. If not just wait for the official release of the subs, meanwhile you can go to the natnatvip website and watch it there they are pretty fast too, faster than viki. Just an nonrequested advice.

Archived