[drama 2006] Yeongae Somun 연개소문

Luv

Episode 12 is good...so far I didn't skip any scene :)

I'm glad that this new chapter of Gae Somun's life is more interesting.

I think it will be my favorite part of the whole drama...the middle part ...the part that they're showing now.

When he was young...I really like the little boy but the story was too serious...and I think when he got old, it'll go back to being serious...so right now is the best part :)

bscap000gh4.jpg

She likes this guy :) and not Somun.

bscap008ab2.jpg

bscap010si8.jpg

bscap026nz2.jpg

Wow...At first I didn't recognize her...but I finally realized that she's the little girl that grew up together with him. I mean...her dad was the one that took him in, right? Her brother was so mean to Somun.

bscap035em6.jpg

bscap040ka9.jpg

bscap065pg7.jpg

Its sad for her...she's not supposed to fall in love with anyone, right?

bscap026te9.jpg

bscap040dg4.jpg

bscap065qe6.jpg

bscap083zp3.jpg

bscap092zg8.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shocking confession here...but we already know she won't end up with him because of their status.

bscap003hl0.jpg

bscap010ur6.jpg

bscap026nk4.jpg

bscap072gu4.jpg

He looks cool in this costume :)

bscap008ue0.jpg

The king's mom??? hehe...actually she's the queen... :) looks scary with her wig and her fake white hair...

bscap010se3.jpg

bscap019lp6.jpg

Jangoon, who are the 2 people that watched SoMun? I'm pretty sure they know his background.

bscap033qz6.jpg

Guest Jangoon

oh the girl the king has is his mistresses.. queen of Sui allows the king to have mistresses as long as he doesnt have kids with them..

the other guy is Kim Yu shin.. general that united the three koreas.

and the girl that likes Kim Yu Shin is an adopted daughter of the older woman.. i think they are priestresses.. and her step mom doesnt like her cuz of different paths and stuff..

and YGSM and the girl wants to marry as their parents may understand.. around same situation of class gap..

because her mom is a princess and she ran to marry Kim Yu Shin's father, who was a noble with not alot of power.. and they met during the same time where the Hwarangs are allowed to party.

and is it me or is the king of shilla actor guy.. crosseyed or something =x lol downloading epi 13 tonight =D

Some more pictures...

bscap005gi5.jpg

bscap015co7.jpg

bscap016mh2.jpg

The queen looks so scary & the king is so old...I skip most of their scenes :)

bscap037sf8.jpg

bscap041ot9.jpg

bscap045qf9.jpg

Ratings...

Episode 13:

4. 대하사극<연개소문> SBS 18.2 Nationwide

4. 대하사극<연개소문> SBS 19.4 Seoul

Episode 14:

3. 대하사극<연개소문> SBS 20.1 Nationwide

3. 대하사극<연개소문> SBS 21.2 Seoul

ooooh, lee jong soo and lee ju hyun! these are two of the most underrated actors in my opinion. and i like lee tae gon from "dear heaven". so i'm pleased with all the male casting...but i really disapprove of all of the females ;P

I finished with episode 15 so fast because I kept on pressing the fast forward button...hehe...

the next thing I know...it's up to the 40 minutes mark...

I'm just watching all the scenes with SoMun & all the young people for now :)

Some pictures from episode 15:

bscap012nh9.jpg

bscap021hq0.jpg

bscap047zr4.jpg

bscap053ts6.jpg

bscap083ty6.jpg

bscap099fw5.jpg

bscap115yq5.jpg

bscap242jr7.jpg

bscap254vi3.jpg

bscap264ps9.jpg

bscap314wg8.jpg

bscap320if2.jpg

bscap366od6.jpg

bscap374zf4.jpg

bscap463mk5.jpg

bscap553xs5.jpg

Can't wait until SoMun's new love interest comes into the picture.

I think I'll like her a lot more than the one right now.

Don't know if anyone still watches this drama...

I've been fast forwarding through some of the latest episodes myself. :)

I asked Jangoon to write some short summaries to help us. So here are the summaries....

Episode 13 & 14

13 and 14 was just about Sui's inner problem and then 2nd son of Sui wants to be the crown prince so he worsen's his brother's conditions by making him do stuff ppl dont favor and he acts poor and humble..

and goguryeo sent ambassador to shilla and baekje cuz they didnt do anything much and tells them to come celebrate i think..

the mother of the girl that kim you shin likes.. it said that she like controlled 3 generations of shilla king and made one commit suicide just cuz she said she doesnt love him and stuff and tells her daughter not to love because men are all the same and will ditch you for another woman and their promises are nothing..

Kim you shin's mom doesnt want him to like her too and cut her hair..

Episode 15

The queen killed the girl that the king likes and the queen said to the king no girls until some time and he could of played with Mistress jin for now...

and then king left and king said he wanted the queen to govern anyways cuz she controlls him anyway and etc.. and sees peasents and wants that life instead..

The queen begs for forgiveness on purpose because rumors might spread shes a evil psychopath etc...

and then it goes to hwarang's training and YGSM wrote that war is best won by words... after that they go off and Kim Yu Shin tells YGSM to run away with Kim Bo Ie, his sister..

and YGSM's friend is from goguryeo also but he is a spy... and then his friends identifies the necklace and etc his uncle told him to look for.

Guest Pyoungsang

Luv,

I'm amazed that you're still hanging in with the show. I don't know if I can take much more of this show. Yeah, the story of the young kids are more interesting the old people's but even then it's not all that great.

Hi Pyoungsang :)

I'm just trying to keep Jangoon company sometimes...hehe...

I'm pretty much zooming through most of the latest episodes...but I can still follow along thanks to Jangoon's summaries.

Yeah...I can't stand all those old people, king/queens/officials...everyone...I only watch some of the scenes with the young YGSM...but even those scenes are not that great...I'm just waiting to see his new love interest to appear...just to see how she looks in ancient costume...hehe...

Okay...Mr. X decided to help out by writing his review of episode 1-9 today. I'll post it here since it might help some people.

ygsm19hn1.jpg

Goguryeo, the three major stations' new cash cow. Gaining attention ever since the Godfather of Palace Sageuk Shin Bong-Seung was enjoying his prime, the genre was finally able to strip itself from the Joseon Dynasty, and start approaching the Three Kingdoms' history. Because of the Yushin in the 70's Sageuk had 'educational' nuances to them, touches that despite never reaching full-fledged propaganda always hid subliminal messages, even though the real focus was on Daily Melo Sageuk. But then in the 80's through masterpieces like 조선왕조 500년 (500 Years of Joseon Dynasty) not only writer Shin, but also PD Lee Byung-Hoon opened a new chapter in Sageuk History. Using miniatures for the first time ever, 1986's 임진왜란 (The Imjin War) -- where the late, great Kim Mu-Saeng played Admiral Lee Soon-Shin -- started the era of realistic naval battles, and shows like 설중매 (The Snowy Ume Tree) became protagonist of controversies (around the drama's interpretation of Han Myung-Hoi) or made famous certain catchphrases, like Yoo Ja-Gwang (Byun Hee-Bong!)'s 'It's all in my hands'.

[조선왕조 500년 - 임진왜란 (The Imjin War - 1986 MBC), 오프닝 (Opening)]

[조선왕조 500년 - 임진왜란 (The Imjin War - 1986 MBC), 예고편 (Trailer)]

[조선왕조 500년 - 임진왜란 (The Imjin War - 1986 MBC), 노량해전 장면 (Noryang Battle Highlights]

If you analyze this situation closely, then an interesting deja vu emerges: in the 70's because of those Daily Melo Sageuk many male viewers avoided those shows a priori, if we set aside big hits like 500 Years of Joseon Dynasty, and instead focused on police procedurals like 수사반장 (The Chief). And if you take a look at today's audience, RPG Sageuk like 서동요 (The Ballad of Seo Dong) or 주몽 (Jumong) raised controversies for being Fantasy 'Romance Sageuk' lacking charismatic heroes or focusing too much on melodrama (?). Setting aside the quality (or lack thereof) of the show, the problem after all becomes battle scenes, the confrontation between the hero and his enemy, spectacle and the appeal of effective historical research. So even Dramas like Jumong -- good as a whole -- end up getting criticized for that lack of machismo-drenched leads, and viewers continue complaining that the writers are being lazy with the founding of Goguryeo and should focus more on battle scenes. Not surprisingly, history repeats itself...

In the early 90's, in spite of the low(er) ratings and lack of popularity, MBC and KBS experimented a little with the genre. Shows like Jung Ha-Yeon's 장녹수 (Jang Nok-Soo) or Im Choong's 대왕의 길 (King of the Wind) not only did justice to effective historical research, but on top of that added layers of subtle and meaningful political, ideological and social allegory. In King of the Wind's case, we weren't simply dealing with Prince Sado's tragic final chapter, but also fatherhood and Oedipus Complex, the party strife between Noron and Soron (allegorically mirroring the left/right divide), the utopia that was Yeongjo's 탕평채 (His policy of balance between factions). Adding all those elements to the mix added more meaning to the Drama, eventually. The problem though was that before the era of Fusion Sageuk started, most of those efforts ended up failing despite the general high quality, putting the genre in a crisis. But even considered Sageuk ratings weren't that high back then, perhaps the best Sageuk of the 90's was Lee Hwan-Kyung's 용의 눈물 (Tears of the Dragon).

A 16 Billion Won budget, more than 150 Episodes, almost 8,000 actors on top of 50,000 extras, a Billion Won alone for the costumes... those are just figures, but they're quite scary. It wasn't just the scale making it a masterpiece, but the fact despite covering familiar waters (from Lee Seong-Gye's founding to Lee Bang-Won) the drama managed to offer fresh characters and interesting plot developments. The combination of PD - Kim Je-Hyung, responsible for the first ever Sageuk 곡토만리 (A Far Away Land) in 1962 - and Lee Hwan-Kyung was outstanding, and back then you could say Lee was amongst the finest Sageuk writers in the country. Compared to his earlier shocker, Lee's 태조왕건 (Wang Gun) wasn't as good but it was still a nice work, and back then I really feel confident about his works. But then...

After the impressive, epic 무사 (Musa: The Warrior) released in theaters another Sageuk came out soon after, and that was none other than 싸울아비 (Ssaulabi), written by Lee Hwan-Kyung. The film's shaky historical research and third rate chanbara sensibilities coupled with truckloads of cliches and foolishly predictable characters ended up wasting the major talent of Sageuk regular Choi Jae-Sung in one of the worst films of 2002. 제국의 아침 (Dawn of the Empire) was a pretty good Sageuk as a whole, but Lee's Golden Age ended abruptly after Wang Gun. And the biggest problem was those excessive machismo heroics: either because of the actors' charisma or the strength of the original work, 용의 눈물 (Tears of the Dragon) could easily get past those problems, but since Fusion Sageuk were such a level up in the genre my interest for macho heroics quickly died down. It might just be a case of personal opinions influencing this, but both 야인시대 (The Rustic Era) and 영웅시대 (The Age of Heroes) -- again with the heroes... -- were shocking disappointments, compared to his older works.

In The Rustic Era's case, the subject was already famous thanks to the Lee Dae-Geun series in the 70's and of course Im Kwon-Taek's 장군의 아들 (The General's Son) series amongst others, so I wasn't too interested. And of course the series was extremely popular, recording impressive ratings. But to me it just felt like cheap Bud Spencer-like action flicks marred by cliched dialogue, predictable characters, excessive machismo and disappointing acting. It was almost like a nightmare. Because of MBC's know-how The Age of Heroes marginally improved, but it seemed like Lee couldn't strip himself from the curse of machismo.

Is it just a generational or ideological gap? Maybe because I'm in my mid twenties I tend to enjoy Fusion Sageuk like Lee Byung-Hoon's works 다모 (Damo), 어사 박문수 (Secret Agent Park Moon-Soo) or the political Sageuk of Im Choong and Jung Ha-Yeon compared to traditional Sageuk. More than macho heroes I tend to care more about characters like Geumwa and Shin Don, full of 사람냄새 (smell of people). More than righteous and legendary founders I tend to prefer flawed heroes or humble 'heroes of the people' like Park Moon-Soo. But if one thing's for sure is that those traditional Sageuk certainly have a market, just looking at the ratings. On the other side of the fence, all those innovative sageuk like Secret Agent Park Moon-Soo, 별순검 (Joseon Police), Damo and 신돈 (Shin Don) couldn't find success at least on the ratings front.

It's not simple market demographics, but all three major stations in Korea are now showing different approaches and mentalities towards the genre. That's why KBS focuses on traditional Sageuk like 불멸의 이순신 (The Immortal Lee Soon-Shin) or 대조영 (Dae Jo Young), an MBC makes experimental Political Sageuk like 신돈 (Shin Don) or Fusion Sageuk like 주몽 (Jumong). How about SBS? That's not such an easy sensibility to explain...

In the 60's Hong Kong was facing a similar situation: before the advent of Kung-Fu Films' Golden Age, there was a big competition raging between the three biggest names in the Wuxia world: Directors Chang Cheh, Chor Yuen and King Hu. In Chor Yuen's case, his Wuxia were usually adapted from Gu Long novels, and while still maintaining the complicated structure of the originals they had a certain romantic and at the same time nihilistic aura. On top of excellent character development, films like 天涯明月刀 (The Magic Blade) and 楚留香 (Clans of Intrigue) benefited from incredible art direction and costumes, moving the focus of the genre which was so focused on violence and battles, and giving it a new meaning.

But those who brought the genre to the limelight were King Hu and Chang Cheh. Interestingly, their films were the complete opposite. Hu's films were subtle, elegant and had strong feminine sensibilities, while Chang's films were raw, extremely violent and full of machismo and male bonding. Of course he also directed graceful, excellent films like 金燕子 (Golden Swallow), the sequel to King Hu's 大醉俠 (Come Drink With Me). But most of his works were the epitome of that machismo kitsch and its excess. He was a talented director, but because of that over the top machismo I never really liked his works, and because of all that violence and crude directing techniques Shaw Brothers films were all labeled as 'chop suey flicks' (as in quick and cheaply made, like chop suey) and gained popularity (of course Chang wasn't the only director responsible for that kind of films). Back then there was a great variety of genres in Hong Kong Cinema, but since all that was exported to the US were films like those of Chang Cheh, an entire industry was reduced to a simple label, the paradise of action flicks.

If you look at today's situation in the Sageuk world, then an interesting similarity emerges. That is, MBC, KBS and SBS' Dramas share something in common with King Hu, Chor Yuen and Chang Cheh's films. Why? Simply put, MBC's Fusion Sageuk have strong feminine sensibilities, are more experimental and feel like the 'Arthouse film-like Wuxia' of King Hu. Chor Yuen's comparison is a little more difficult, but if you look at Jung Ha-Yeon's Sageuk on KBS or his recent Shin Don, then you'll notice that while maintaining traditional Sageuk tropes you can find a certain aura of romance and even a little nihilism. And in some ways even Admiral Lee Soon-Shin feels like a character from a Chor Yuen film: more than his impressive strategical skills his incredible humanism leaves a bigger impression and more than the spectacular battle scenes it's the interaction between characters and characterization itself which is the show's main element of appeal. So KBS' Sageuk in this decade -- you can add 해신 (Emperor of the Sea) to that list -- focus a little more on the people than the accidents, compared to older, traditional Sageuk.

And then there's SBS' Sageuk. Have they ever done anything resembling an excellent Sageuk? To be honest watching their efforts in the genre all I see is an ode to ratings and nothing else. Be it 여인천하 (Ladies of the Palace)'s forced guerrilla feminism or the birth of trendy historical sitcoms with 서동요 (The Ballad of Seo Dong)... what else can you say. But there's an exception! And that's Lee Hwan-Kyung's Period Dramas and Sageuk. Both The Rustic Era and his new Sageuk 연개소문 (Yeon Gaesomun) share the same 'artistic sensibilities': just like Chang Cheh's films there's plenty of machismo, male bonding, superficial ultra-nationalism and childish dialogue. Thanks to all that, he's responsible for creating a new, exciting (?) genre of Sageuk. Raw, quick and cheap. Like chop suey.

高句麗과 동북공정 (Goguryeo & The Northeast Asia Project)

Goguryeo. I mean, why of all Korean Kingdoms Goguryeo, now? It can be a really easy answer but also a very complicated and difficult one. Because of the Northeast Asia Project China and Korea are engaged in an ideological war at the moment. Of course the Project itself is nothing more than silly historical revisionism pandering to China's 中華民族 (Zhonghua Minzu, 'one Chinese nation') concept, but now I'm writing a Drama review and to be honest I find very little charm in political and ideological wars of this kind. But Lee Hwan-Kyung is a little different. Through interviews he said: 'from the beginning this was a project born to fight with China's Northeast Asia Project and its claims. The government keeps a silent approach, even historians aren't making much noise, so as a writer I felt obliged to reawaken some national spirit for once.'

His concept? 'Writers always need to break fresh new ground. With Wang Gun and Tears of the Dragon I followed the founding of the Goryeo and Joseon Dynasty, and now it's Goguryeo's time. Once upon a time, our nation wasn't merely controlling the (Korean) peninsula, but the continent itself, but after Shilla's unification we lost all that territory. Fighting seven times with the Sui and Tang Dynasty and winning each and every single one of them, Yeon Gaesomun was an hero of the nation I wanted to bring back to life, and I wanted people to learn about Goguryeo's handling of the continent. So despite all the difficulties I decided to deal with real history.'

His thoughts on Jumong? 'I'm enjoying it. Because historical data was always lacking it banks more on entertainment value, but there's something meaningful in trying to show the founding process of Goguryeo. Still, you can't really call it a Sageuk, and just playing with history drawing a fantasy out of Goguryeo's founding is a shame. With Yeon Gaesomun we'll show people the true flavour of Sageuk, with a solid foundation on historical records.' (This guy's got balls, definitely. He'll show you what a real Sageuk is made of.. yeah..)

So Yeon Gaesomun primarily focuses on 3 things:

1. Fighting the Northeast Asia Project

2. Waving the flag

3. Making a real, full-fledged Sageuk. Real history! Real.

Making a Drama just to fight the Northeast Asia Project is a little... what should I say? It kind of feels like making a film out of the whole Dokdo hoopla (but since there's not one but TWO under production now...). On one side taking the opportunity to show the real history of Goguryeo through those Dramas can be really meaningful, but on on the other hand it can become dangerous. Essentially if like Yeon Gaesomun you combat Chinese nationalistic sensibilities with nationalism of your own, and if you paint the Chinese (Sui and Tang) through caricatures, then this situation smells of pots calling kettles black, which is why that kind of intent is a little irresponsible. Goguryeo was a true superpower, the Northeast Asia Project is nothing more than Imperialist revisionism, and people like Yeon Gaesomun and Eulji Mundeok were great war heroes. But more than fighting this project by making a Drama which exposes its claims for what they really are more than patriotism smells of SBS' usual opportunism. Like Kang Woo-Seok's 한반도 (Hanbando), using convenient tactics to arouse nationalist fervour.

And I also have doubts about this idea of making a 'real' Sageuk. Of course since Jumong is a Fantasy Fusion Sageuk historical research is not THAT important in the overall scheme of things, but at least Choi Wan-Gyu while distorting history (like in Haemosu's case, or the weapon's development) is doing so creating a realistic alternate history. So Haemosu becomes Gojoseon's hero, and his son Jumong eventually leaves Buyeo because of his secret of birth and how it connects to Geumwa. And of course Buyeo finds itself in a conflict with the Han because of weapon's development... no need to continue, right? At the end of the day all Choi and Jung Hyung-Soo are doing is picking important pieces from real history and connecting the dots with realistic fiction.

아바마마의 닭장, 매와 피들기 (His Majesty's Hen House, Hawks & Doves)

On the other hand, let's take a look at Lee Hwan-Kyung's 'real Sageuk following accurate history.' Straight from the first episode Yeon Gaesomun is at Anshi Fortress fighting the Tang. Yang Man-Choon? He's portrayed as one of his sidekicks. Although in 645 he played an active role in sending Taizong's hordes of soldiers back home, in this 'real deal Sageuk' he's just a subordinate ordering people here and there (his descendants must feel really bad). Li Shimin (Taizong) and Yeon Gaesomun's relationship is painted as the bosom buddies who become bitter rivals. That guy, Shimin, he plucks an arrow from his own eye and eats his pupil as if he were a character from 三國志演義 (Romance of the Three Kingdoms). He's a real warrior, after all. Gaesomun spends his childhood with Shilla's Kim Yoo-Shin, and this Drama will focus much more on melodrama in the future and soon leave for Andr... I mean turn into a Fusion Sageuk, because of lower than expected ratings. Maybe it'll feel like Im Kwon-Taek directing 백만장자의 첫사랑 (A Millionaire's First Love). Real Sageuk? Really?

But then again the biggest problem is all those walking cardboard cutouts that pass off as characters. It's not just Taizong, every single antagonist of Yeon Gaesomun -- be it in Goguryeo, Sui or Tang -- is riddled with cliched characterization. In particular the entire Sui Royal Family is total comedy: as always Kim Seong-Gyum (playing Sui Wendi) has that 'cute old man' charisma of his past roles, but as a main 'villain' it's too much of a caricature. When Emperor Wendi scolds his sons it feels exactly like when the father in 장미와 콩나물 (Roses & Beansprouts) -- again Kim Seong-Gyum, obviously! -- locked his foolish sons inside the hen house whenever something was wrong. If you add the quick tempered mother (Empress here) to the deal, then this feels like a Goguryeo version of the 1999 MBC Family Drama.

But why is Lee painting antagonists in such a pathetic way? Is it just a petty complex of inferiority? No. If you paint your enemies as weaklings, then that's your chance to make yourself (or the heroes you want to depict) look better, isn't it? If you look at the Sui Royal family, with the exception of Yangdi (Kim Gab-Soo) they all look like fools. Of course the Sui Dynasty also collapsed because of its losses in the wars with Goguryeo, but it feels like such an obvious thing looking at this show' characterization, because they all look like a bunch of fools ready to shoot in their own feet. Sui Wendi was not a foolish old man at all, on the contrary he was a successful Emperor. But this show is simply content painting him as a cute old man. He likes women (a bit of a distortion in itself, since Sui only had two concubines, a record amongst Chinese emperors), and since those damn Goguryeo folks keep bothering him he sends his youngest to war. And since he's a foolish son, his first war is a failure. So... what? Back to the hen house? No. Since we have smart Yangdi he can follow him to the Yoha River for another battle.

Of course historical distortion and research itself is not the be all end all of shows like this, but if you distorce everything simply for the sake of showmanship and ultra-nationalism then it all becomes a farce. Instead of what Choi Wan-Gyu does, writer Lee is writing this 'real Sageuk' by changing things as he pleases with no rhyme or reason. For nationalism, to make his macho heroes look better, to fight the Northeast Asia Project for the hell of it. Is there a hen house at SBS, by any chance?

A big future focus of the show will be the competition between Hawks and Doves. Of course hawks are the hardliners (King Yeongyang, Eulji Mundeok, etc.) and the Doves are the moderates (the regional nobles Yoksal, and Geonmu who will end up becoming King Yeongnyu). But if you look at the first Sui-Goguryeo war then the Doves' war of complaints falls down way too easily. And because of Lee's forced ultra-nationalist characterization instead of a proud and brave King, Yeongyang feels more like an intolerant warmonger right now, the Yoksal like a bunch of annoying book worms, and Geonmu a mere turncoat. The biggest problem at the end of the day is Yeon Gaesomun's incredibly strong legacy, seeing as everyone moves around for the sake of Yeon's future Mandate of Heaven.

This is way too simplistic. Since Yeon Gaesomun killed King Yeongnyu, all you need to do is paint him as an annoying coward, right? If we exclude Anshi Fortress, then everyone but Sui Yangdi has no personality whatsoever. They're not people, but simple historical figures. And that's an even bigger problem than the childish dialogue and over the top macho histrionics, honestly. Yeon Gaesomun feels already like Ryu Seung-Wan's Dajjimawa Lee, such is the extent of this show's predictability, but sadly this is not a silly parody or a Monty Python-like satire. So despite the entertaining and spectacular war scenes and that old school 'chop suey'ish atmosphere you can't help but worry about this show.

Next on this show... we bring youngsters who can't act to save their lives and bring our Gaesomun's adolescence in the spotlight. Waahhh... a macho melo Sageuk. Is this the birth of Jjambong Sageuk? Stay tuned...

Please visit Mr. X' blog for additional pictures or if you like to read the same review in Korean.

Hehe...if that much reading isn't enough...you can read Jangoon's summary of episode 16 below :) Thank you Jangoon :wub:

she tells YGSM to run away with her and her parents will understand..

he tells her he will find a place to go and they will run away later..

her 2nd brother finds out and says he wants to fight one on one fairly but YGSM cant hit his master and etc and tells YGSM to leave at daybreak..

Kim yu shin and chun gan nuh says farewell and stuff

KYS's father is going on the trip and tells the family he will get all his children to wed when he comes back.

YGSM uncle confirms that YGSM is the real deal and sends the spy another message... then the uncle goes to the shilla king and says bye and stuff and talks with the evil person woman thing and says shes popular and she should come visit goguryeo.

uncle says good bye to his nephew and the Message was to kill YGSM and he will be rewarded

then hwarangs are training and.... Kim bo ie is caught packing clothes for YGSM by her mom and her sister and then she finds out that she will run away and she tells her that she loves him and cant she understand her love but her mom said.. its very different as your father wasnt a servant but at least a noble birth and scolds her..

the hwarang master finds that KYS is having trouble so he tells him to meet the buddist guy and that guy tells him to go to the mountain and meditate in the caves.. KYS meditates inside the cave, YGSM meditates outside the cave

many countries ambassadors are meeting at YuHwa at the place of victory..

and in the Sui theres many interior problems as the crown prince is just playing with his 1000 soldiers..

the king and queen decides to visit the other sons and makes up a skit that he is studying hard and enjoying literature and living poor and knows whats going around in the world.. thent he king decides to go to crowned prince's house (2nd son said dont go its too late tonight) and goes there and the woman and alcohol was provided by the 2nd son and then the king gets there~

Guest Jangoon

man i havent been watching this lol.. kinda boring now.. xD i like the war battle scenes better.. lol! sooo much talking.. =/ i guess they gotta fill up the 100 episodes..

• 4 weeks later...
Guest wcavatar

i presume due to Chusok(korean holiday), they didnt air? Can anyone confirm this, thanks

n/m, Man this one is not so popular :tears:

Why dont more of u peep watch this, I admit its not as good as jumong but its not bad.....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest maxlover

So is there a place where we can download this in non-clubbox links?? Seems like a good drama and i really wanna see Lee Jong Soo's character...

Archived