[Drama 2011] Miss Ripley 미스 리플리

Guest JPhylls

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is sad that this drama I anticipate the most every week gets the full subs so late. Yet better late than never. :)

I am really enjoying where the drama is going right now and am quite impressed with Yoochun's performance as well. I was so scared Yoochun was going to play himself and a saint to boot. So the fool-in love Yutaka who has also got his flaws is such a pleasure and relief to watch. Like many here, I too feel he ought to be smacked hard for being so ready to be fooled. It is apparent r his attraction for her is so far based on her beauty though her loneliness and mystique do pull him in. Yet, more than Myunghoon, I feel Yutaka is more culpable for what is coming his way. I hope the time with Miri helps him also grow as a person! Btw, do you think he senses Heeju's feelings for him? Sometimes I get the feeling he does and sometimes I think he doesn't. But he also has the go-getterish attitude of Miri at some level.

I hope LDH's health doesn't suffer. I still want a happy ending for Miri. It would be tragic if she ends up like Tom Ripley. She became this Miri bcoz she was denied her place in this world. Would hate it if she also ends up like that at the end. I want redemption and some sort of happy ending. The only person I don't enjoy seeing hurt at all is Heeju. It is unfortunate that their temperaments make it hard to have a heart-to-heart and Miri is not a person who opens her heart to anyone. Wonder who will be the first person Miri opens her heart to! I have sympathy for Myung Hoon, but since he was inconsiderate to his wife to some extent, I feel he also deserves a bit of shaking up. :)

So far, I don't have any serious problems with the way things are going. It is sad that the ratings are wavering a bit, but it is understandable. After all, this drama is pretty unconventional and to show the female lead sleep with one man and make plans to trap another man in the same episode may be a bit hard to stomach for many.  But I have had enough of playboys who find true love at the end and therefore found it quite refreshing. :)

I still have a problem with the way the transition from the victim Miri to the manipulative Miri was depicted though. I felt the conflict was too subtly stated. The Miri we see in the first two episodes, who has utter horror and disgust towards using her body for getting ahead in life, transformed into someone who was ready to use it and did not have any qualms in doing so too soon. Personally, I felt the moment of resignation(this is the only way for me) or insight(I will have to do it, but this time it will be on my terms) that preceded this transition needed to be stated in bold. Since this drama is pretty unconventional and already people have a hard job understanding Miri, that could have helped.

Other than that, it is a pleasure watching 'Miss Ripley'!

Guest Upii_88

does anyone have a dl link to the ost part 3!? please kindly share :) kamsahamidae~

Please download it legally, I hope no one post illegal download links here. It is only .66 cents dear or 600won 

You may download it here http://music.mnet.com/ArtistAlbum/AlbumInfo.asp?AlbumID=223135&AlbumView=Y

and here are the instructions on how to buy from mnet http://weheartiu.com/forums/topic/176-tut-how-to-buy-ius-songs-from-mnet/

Guest babyfaceyoochun

JYJ’s Yoochun releases “A Space Left For You” for the “Miss Ripley” OST

JYJ’s Yoochun released his participation track for part three of his drama’s OST, MBC’s “Miss Ripley“.

Yoochun sang his own theme song, “A Space Left For You“, which is a song composed by Jun Hae Sung (of Baek Ji Young’s “That Woman” and Hyun Bin’s “That Man” fame).  The emotional lyrics and passionate melody blend well with Yoochun’s deep voice.

Producers said, “Through the OST for ‘Miss Ripley’, Park Yoochun will be expressing everything he has inside of him for his character, ‘Song Yoohyun’.  The beautiful melody and Park Yoochun’s voice makes for a heartbreaking song that will pave its way into the hearts of viewers.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d585o5oiUrI&feature=player_embedded

Source + Photos: Everyday Economy via Naver and allkpop

please support yoochun and miss ripley cast ^_^

Guest babyfaceyoochun

[CHARTS] 110620 Yoochun’s “The Empty Place For You” Tops Online Music Charts

No.1 on Cyworld

adsdffas.jpg?w=532&h=121

No. 1 on Daum

a.jpg?w=403&h=144

No.5 on Dorisak

acbeqo.png?w=323&h=539

Credit: TVXQ DC Gallery, @AlwayswYuchun, @DoctorJaee

Shared by: JYJ3

[NEWS] “Miss Ripley” Sold to China, Japan and Taiwan in Early June at the Shanghai TV Festival

Posted on June 19, 2011 by jyj3The Power of Park Yoochun. Success in Exporting “Miss Ripley” to China, Japan and Taiwan

yc.jpg

The power of Park Yoochun has connected. Miss Ripley, the MBC Monday-Tuesday Mini-Series in which Park Yoochun of group JYJ is appearing, has had the success of being exported to one country to the next. Miss Ripley was sold in the 2011 Shanghai TV Festival that was held in the beginning of this month to China, Japan, and Taiwan.

Miss Ripley received the attention of foreign buyers from the planning stages because Park Yoochun who has cemented himself as a Korean Wave Star in Asia by being active as a singer was appearing. Thanks to this it opened up the opportunity to be exported at the same time that it began broadcasting domestically. An MBC affiliate revealed: “Because we entered into the contract not too long after the broadcast began, we can say that it is essentially like being pre-sold (T/N: the rights being sold before the work is made). Because Park Yoochun has a wide following in Asia by being a member of JYJ and TVXQ we could secure the contract with good conditions.”

Park Yoochun recently went to Vietnam, having received an official invitation to the Doosan Asian Dream Cup that is the first charity event of JS Foundation in which Park Jisung who is playing in the premier leagues of England serves as chairman. Park Yoochun visited Vietnam with Kim Jaejoong and Kim Junsu, the other members of JYJ, and showed again to be the representative Korean Wave star.

Source

Hankook Ilbo

Translation Credit

JYJ3

[iNFO] Yuchun @ Naver Search #1

Posted on June 20, 2011 by jyj3

Yuchun was #1 on naver search after the release of Miss Ripley OST News.

naver.jpg?w=192&h=390

Source: goodbyemissripleyBar

Shared By: 

JYJ3

[Trans] 110617 ‘Miss Ripley’ Sells Out All June Commercial Slots.. It’s All Thanks To Park Yoochun!

rlvrz8.jpg

The collaborative power of Kim Seung Woo, Park Yoochun, Lee Da Hae and Kang Hae Jung is clearly showing.

MBC’s new Monday-Tuesday drama ‘Miss Ripley’ has sold out all of its commercial slots for the month of June. A representative of the drama stated on the 15th that, “Even before the drama aired, all the commercial slots up till the 10th episode, which will air in June, were already sold out.”

‘Miss Ripley’ is able to sell 28 commercial slots per episode. Each slot in the 10pm period when ‘Miss Ripley’ airs costs around 13.5 million Won. By selling out all slots till the 10th episode, ‘Miss Ripley’ has earned 1.08 billion Won.

The drama also received 2 billion Won of insurance for exporting culture from K-sure on the 2nd. K-sure stated, “A verdict was made that the drama is a cultural content that has a strong possibility to succeed in both popularity and exportation which is why we would like to provide aid to ensure a smooth production.”

‘Miss Ripley’ signed a 1.8 billion Won exportation deal on broadcasting rights with Japanese and American companies already. Additional conferences are being held to determine broadcasting rights in other regions as Southeast Asia, as well as China.

A representative of ‘Miss Ripley’ stated, “Though the ratings have faltered slightly, the drama has been receiving positive feedback as it is led by veteran actors such as Kim Seung Woo, Kang Hae Jung and Lee Da Hae as well as Park Yoochun, who is a forerunner of the new Hallyu Wave.

The 6th episode of ‘Miss Ripley’ scored in nationwide ratings of 12.7%(AGB Nielson). Its highest ratings so far were during the 2nd episode with 14.3% in nationwide ratings.

Source: [hankooki]<br style="font-size: 11px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; line-height: 1.4em; ">Translated & Shared by: dongbangdata.net

110619 & 110620 Yuchun @ Miss Ripley Shooting

23lh1d5.jpg<br style="font-size: 11px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; line-height: 1.4em; ">2vjsu2g.jpg<br style="font-size: 11px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; line-height: 1.4em; ">14ue5go.jpg

rwp2ip.jpg<br style="font-size: 11px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; line-height: 1.4em; ">xcncqg.jpg

credit: baidu+as tagged<br style="font-size: 11px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; line-height: 1.4em; ">shared by: sharingyoochun.net

110619 Park Yoochun Reveals Romantic Charm With A Birthday Party In “Miss Ripley”

133678l.jpg

Park Yoochun appeared on “Miss Ripley” drama as the “strongest birthday party boy” as he had prepared a colouful birthday party on the show.

On the 7th episode of the MBC drama “Miss Ripley” to be aired on June 20th, Park Yoochun prepared a surprise birthday event for the woman he had fallen in love with. Appearing with flower baskets filled with his love, Park Yoochun also had decorated the room with beautifully coloured balloons, and on a cake with two layers had written “Happy Birthday Miri” etc, Park Yoochun shows his “fine romance” with Lee Da Hae and boasts the charm of the “perfect romantic boy”.

On the 17th, the shooting for this scene was held on a set in Gyeonggi province. During this shooting, Yoochun prepared balloons for the birthday set with the shooting crew, laughing and enjoying himself like a child. Especially to write naturally on the two layered cake, he used the chocolate pen to practice and practice a number of times. Seeing him put all his will into writing each character with perfection, the staff noted at his enthusiastic zest in all the filming involved.

The production company has stated that, “Park Yoochun from Miss Ripley is emerging as “the best man all woman would have a romance with” and that “there is no woman that would not be touched by Park Yoochun’s unconditional love for Lee Da Hae. In the future, the true love Yoochun has shown Lee Da Hae will become a more interesting story”.

credit: innolife<br style="font-size: 11px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; line-height: 1.4em; ">trans+shared by: sharingyoochun.net

Guest babyfaceyoochun

:(

Miss Ripley Ep.7:

AGB Nielsen Nation 11.9 Seoul 14.7 

TNmS Nation 9.1 Seoul 10.4

we should support miss ripley :'(

Guest floralai

Miss Ripley Ep 7 & Preview EP 8 ( Yoochun cut ) part 1/2

Miss Ripley Ep 7 & Preview EP 8 ( Yoochun cut ) part 2/2

@babyfaceyoochun:

Dear, I love the illustrated image in this article ---> "[Trans] 110617 ‘Miss Ripley’ Sells Out All June Commercial Slots.. It’s All Thanks To Park Yoochun!" ^^

Abt rating : After the 1st 2 eps, we ve never stop worrying about it =.= ~ We need st changed in script.. We really need it ~ Though still trying to catch up with streaming TV every week but my patience is very close to its limit now :(

We r almost done with the first half of Drama but Im still looking forward to see the chemistry or real love in this drama (so far havent seen any ~ only me??? ), that can help me gain the inspiration as I had with SKKS to make better video & wallpaper TT TT ~ Now it looked like I forced them be together on those stuffs !

This episode is kind of disappointing. Yutaka's feelings is still one-sided. There does not seem to be "true" or "real" love between the the Yuri couple. Miri is still the same cold and heartless person. I hope she will start to change soon and fall for Yutaka as well. But based on the preview when Miri accuses Yutaka of not being truthful about his family background, it does not look like the change will happen yet. Meanwhile, MH has done so much for Miri and if he going to help her by paying off the bad guy, it will be very hard her for her to break off with him. The drama needs to develop the Yuri loveline. Otherwise, the only character in the whole story that shows any kind of intensity is Miri and I can't see this story as one which is supposedly about deep love.

Guest upamak

So Mr. Jang/Hoon will find out about Miri's pass in ep. 8 and Heejoo will find out about Miri also being with Hoon, I think Hoon goes to Heejoo for help to find out more about Miri's pass, my heart really aches for him, this will be the second time he will be heart broken after his first wife. He sees something doubtful about her but he wishes to believe her. I'm pretty sure his brain tells him her excuses sounds silly but his heart will tell him otherwise. Miri's pass can finally vanish, now she has two absolutely great men besides her, not only are they financially stable but they are perfect beings to spend life, they are just so husband-like. But she will loose them and go back to her state before. It's like she's living a dream and will wake up from it soon. In today's episode as she walked down the aisle of the church which hoon had prepared for her...it was so touching, she was real, her tears were real, first time she was not acting while she was with Hoon. I got a teary just watching her at that part. and then the next moment she went home and became evil again. and then she cries the next morning after reading Heejoo's letter....wow what a crazy way of driving the viewers nuts...going from empathy to hate to feeling sorry for her to hate again. It's like she has bipolar, or a split personality. it's ridiculous how good she is in being or seeming sincere with every feelings she portrays. As much we think we know her, we really don't. We understand that she is damaged mentally because of what she has gone through, and we can sort of tell that she actually does have something called "feelings" (except that those good feelings get covered when she is in the need to survive) but I really do wonder what exactly went through her head when she read Heejoo's letter.

anyways did you guys notice how Yoohyun is always being left behind..Miri leaves him whenever he goes to buy ice cream, Heejoo ran away from his office when she found out he was the director, and then she ran away from him again, he was left behind trying to find her n then gave up and left. Same with the birthday incident today, ..it's like his always running and running after both ladies. and now we know after his solo OST has released that he might be doing the running away later on... it's ironic but at the same time it's not because being left behind and running away is both painful for him. I could only imagine what immense pressure he will be going through in the upcoming episodes. (that's if the writers are heading this way)

What does everything think Hoon's reaction will be when he finds out abour Miri's lies? If he turns his back that's sort of exactly like Yoohyun (well depends on how he turns his back) or will he continue to help her and end up in same position as Miri. *scratches head*

Guest upamak

This episode is kind of disappointing. Yutaka's feelings is still one-sided. There does not seem to be "true" or "real" love between the the Yuri couple. Miri is still the same cold and heartless person. I hope she will start to change soon and fall for Yutaka as well. But based on the preview when Miri accuses Yutaka of not being truthful about his family background, it does not look like the change will happen yet. Meanwhile, MH has done so much for Miri and if he going to help her by paying off the bad guy, it will be very hard her for her to break off with him. The drama needs to develop the Yuri loveline. Otherwise, the only character in the whole story that shows any kind of intensity is Miri and I can't see this story as one which is supposedly about deep love.

Yeah it seems like we are not going to see the true love for Yoohyun/Yutaka until for a while.. maybe we'll see it forming around episode 10 or 11. Honestly I feel like MH is doing soo much for her...he cares for her too much, it seems his love is much more bigger than Yoohyun's love for Miri. Yoohyun doesn't even know Miri...she just seems to have the same eyes as his mother and he likes her because shes opposite of him and she was to hard to get type of girl at the beginning. It's sort of like the typical way of falling in love "hmmm, i don't know her..she's mysterious, what is she all about, i want to know" type of attraction..but not to say he doesn't love her...we can see he does from his OST song. but MH is doing more of the worrying, always wondering where she is, what she is doing, what he can do to make her happy, he gets this pleasure and energy just from her smile. Even if it means to (and it will kill me to say this because I love yoochun) hurt Yoohyun, i really hope these two end up together but if Miri starts to really fall for Yoohyun, they won't end up together.

about breaking up with him...Miri is starting to feel the burden now... since she realized that MH is serious..... i think this feeling of burden is going to lead her to panic, hence make mistakes which will end up into her getting caught and destruction

I think Miri is still playing 'hard to get' with Yuhyun/Yutaka. She's trying to make him still chase after her. Or maybe she's a bit afraid of Yuhyun finding out about her relationship with MH if she spent more time with YH. In case she slip up and reveal more that she should....I like the scene when Miri come to meet YH after the fail birthday party... Now we see him a bit stand off-ish to her. Can't wait for the sub...want to know what they say....

Guest tomolie

:blink: i was shocked many times in this episode. this drama is different and i like it!

it seems like yoohyun knows more about heejoo than about miri and spends more time with the former than the latter. what if he falls in love with heejoo?

in this episode he told heejoo that he likes her (as a friend, or so he thinks) and he went to find her at the church/orphanage because he missed her.

maybe he will get more attached to her, or he is already misreading his feelings. he is only drawn to miri because of her fake personality and beauty, but he knows that heejoo is a true, good person.

i wonder what myunghoon will do after he finds out about miri's past. will he find out that she lied to him? it would be awesome if his reaction to her lie was angry and vengeful instead of the way he quietly divorced his first wife.

and i cant believe that miri cried at heejoo's note but didnt hesitate to take her drawings. it will also be interesting to see heejoo turn against miri; the church scene hinted at that.

Does anybody cringe whenever MiRi speaks? I feel really...a-less-harsh-word-of-disgusted...to see her be so fake. I can't tell what's real anymore haha. And does anybody else thinks that she is REALLY skinny...like unhealthily so? I'm watching episode 6 and just saw her turn around in her (beautiful red) dress and saw bones! Not literally, but you know! Hehe.

I hope it's not a sad ending... cos the way it started, they were using past tense... and LDH went from a smiling face to a sad face... :(

Lying isn't good cos the truth will catch up to you. But she had to in order to survive. I feel so sorry for her.

Don't like the other girl... too naive and annoying.

I hope it's not a sad ending... cos the way it started, they were using past tense... and LDH went from a smiling face to a sad face... :(

Lying isn't good cos the truth will catch up to you. But she had to in order to survive. I feel so sorry for her.

Don't like the other girl... too naive and annoying.

But myung hoon would have been enough to save her, she wants yoo hyun out of greed. This is what makes Ripley special because the Lead heroine has a morally ambiguous character. What she's doing is wrong and it is not just to survive. SHe could just have stayed with MH at hotel A and made pretty Miri-Hoon babies, but she wants the chaebol. She didnt just steal Heeju's identity (survival) but also her hardwork (not survival) which is not necessary for "just survival" so she can get a different job and play both guys effectively.

I like the other girl, she is much stronger than meets the eye.I feel like she's a crouching tiger. Miri might control everything now but Heeju is the true power player; one word from Heeju and Miris house of cards will come crashing down. To bring out the strength in her Yoohyun will be the trigger i think, She, will ultimately tear miri down.

Miri is going down a road that is making her unredeemable. If MH truly saves her from hirayama and she continues to play him she will have zero pull as a sympathetic character.

All i have to say is PROPS to this scriptwriter she/he is taking this drama places kdramas dare not venture into. Lots of people are going to hate this plot (reflected by the falling ratings) but even if it doesnt get the popular vote this is by far one of the best drama's of 2011.

Truly, this is one very special drama. It is the kind of drama you can love or hate, but can't ignore. Though the ratings are on the decline, I hope those who are staying away now unable to bear the evil Miri in action will tune in once she starts developing one genuine bone in her body. I am sure even people who are staying away secretly want to find out where the story will finally go.

For me, the ratings don't matter. But since this is such an unconventional and well-scripted and performed drama where so much effort has been put in, I do feel for the Ripley team. But I suppose they too must have expected something like this and if not for the stellar ratings for the first two episodes, this might not have seemed such a decline. Ripley fighting!

Really enjoyed listening to Yoochun's 'Empty Place for You'. Missed his solo during SKKS. Sometimes I feel he underestimates his vocal skills coz of the other two great singers in JYJ. So such solos will definitely boost his confidence and will help in his growth as an artist. :)

Archived