[Drama 2011] Miss Ripley 미스 리플리

Guest JPhylls

Guest imogene_af

^

I am just guessing since the photos are from yesterday, too. If Miri knows who he is now, I'd assume she'd do the chasing. :lol: Usually in these shoots they will only shoot the outdoors stuff in Jeju, then for all the indoor shots i.e. a hotel, it will be taken in the MBC studio. I know most of the indoor offices/rooms here are done in a studio. These shoots being nonlinear, so they may not have outdoor scenes together but could have indoor scenes. I mean why else would Miri and Yoo Hyun be in Jeju ... probably for business and her stalking. Haha.

I noticed the change in hairstyle and attire too. But ya know with her, it's a guessing game for us if it's genuine or not. We'll know once the episode airs.

ETA: It says in her DC that she may be back in Seoul too.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest upamak

[NEWS] Yoochun Organizes a Group Dinner for the Staff of Ripley in Jeju

Posted on June 9, 2011 by jyj3

JYJ Park Yoochun, Big-Hearted “Treat” To Encourage the “Miss Ripley” Staff

ycjeju.jpg

ycjeju2.gif

Actor Park Yoochun prepared a group dinner for the staff that is filming through the night.

Park Yoochun, who is playing the role of Song Yoohyun who is the successor to the Mondo Group and is revealing his ardent feelings to Zhang Miri in the MBC Monday-Tuesday drama “Miss Ripley,” unfolded a “bighearted” group dinner for the staff.

Park Yoochun, who was always sorry at the hardship of the “Miss Ripley” staff that film through the night day after day, made an appointment with a Hoi (T/N: Korean way of eating raw fish—very similar to Japan’s sashimi) shop in the rea of Suiguipo for the evening of the 8th that is the second day of the Jeju filming. He soothed the staff with the saw-edged perch, which is said to make the best Hoi dish.

It is relayed that to the production staff who was marching on the difficult path of filming through the night without fail in Jeju also, this group dinner that was bighearted acted as the best pep rally.

Park Yoochun relayed his feelings: “I feel apologetic to the staff that I am always with. Because this is the Dream Team that has gathered for the best drama, let us support each other and I wish that we will be ‘fighting’ until the end.”

The afterword is that the staff, who had been benefiting handsomely through the Park Yoochun fan club and such, smiled widely at this addition of the saw-edged perch group dinner.

On the other hand, Park Yoochun caught the eyes of many tourists during the filming in Jeju that took place for two days of the 8th and the 9th and proved himself to be a Korean Wave star.

Source: TV Daily

Translation Credit: JYJ3

4 Votes

So maybe we will see some date scenes of Yuri at Jeju^^

Guest ngthuhien149

Wow I think he is also the one who needs to be encouraged because of the hectic schedule but he still thinks about encouraging every1 first. Such an caring n thoughtful boy with well manner.

Look at him, he is getting thinner so fast tears.gif He still has 3 concerts to go this month. I just wish he finished them soon to focus on filming without exhausting himself out sweatingbullets.gif

Still waiting for the complete ep.3 subs to come out on darksmurfsub. Gave it up after watching for a while. Since this is such a dialogue  heavy drama, there is no fun in watching it with partial sense from the dialogues.:( From what I saw, was quite impressed with Yoochun in his confrontation scene with KSW. Liked how Yutaka took MH by surprise by first seeming to agree with all his demands and giving the impression he was kind of a pushover and then turning the tables by quietly but firmly insisting on his one demand . Who would have thought the warm n sweet Yutaka is quite stubborn when it comes to business? Yoochun's change of expressions in that scene was quite good. At first, he is all good humoured, then he looks a bit troubled and gives the impression he is going to agree without a fuss and then he makes his move, quite firmly but without the smile leaving his face. He is quite the smiling assassin. :)

Btw, am I going deaf or has the background music also toned down a bit?:)

Guest maccay

Thank you everyone for all your updates, insights, photos, and your HQ screencaps are awesome rubie.

I just finished watching Ep 3 & 4 with subs. I must say I'm totally enjoying MR's journey...

LDH has continued to amaze me with her solid performance as MiRi.

In Episode 3, two things I wasn't expecting, that is the young Miri and Hee Joo's reversal of fate. Now i see where MR's hate is coming from. Their lives would have been different. But it's difficult for me to see HJ survived what MR has gone through. I see her happy and all but she was weak as a kid. That scene in HJ's apartment was heartfelt. I felt HJ understood MiRi while MiRi was bitter of the past. Their outlook in life were distinct even as kids. MiRi grew up hurt and alone to this day and that pain made her stronger, while HJ was sheltered.

photorjc.jpg

The other thing that made my jaw dropped was MiRi's lie of being gay. I didn't see that coming. One lie after another. Is she ever good!

photoyeu.jpg

Not only she lies but also steals her friend's diploma. What's next Jang MiRi?

photokhe.jpg

I like YooHyun's business ethics. He's young but he knows what he's doing. He's so separate from the YooHyun Miri knows, the irritating guy next door. This scene just made me shake my head and laugh at MiRi when she said "I seriously have no luck!" Girl, your luck is infront of you, you just don't see it.

photohi.jpg

This gotta be one memorable words from MiRi in episode 3.

"I'm not going back to the past.

I'm going to succeed no matter what.

I'm going to be better and at a higher place.

So that no one won't be able to look down at me".... Jang Mi Ri

These words are optimistic but scary at the same time.

In Episode 4, we see how MiRi manipulates Myung Hoon, her facade is so believable, I sometimes can't tell which one is real. How she nurses MH's Mom, it felt real but NOT. But she gets frightened by the result of her actions too like being caught by MH coming out of his office.

photocav.jpg

Even though MiRi dislikes HJ, she needs her . Also felt bad for her when she HJ lost her job. I knew that was genuine. MiRi is so complex, I want to understand her. If I may add, I like the acting chemistry of LDH and KHJ as frenemies...They allow each other to balance the scene. It's believable.

photomozd.jpg

But one thing is for sure, I can tell when she's feeling vulnerable and I was so ecstatic YooHyun sees this side of her.

photouhc.jpg

The music has improved so much that i appreciate hearing Sting's Fragile song.

It's so fitting to all the characters but the lyrics resonates more with MiRi...

...For all those born beneath an angry star

Lest we forget how fragile we are

On and on the rain will fall

Like tears from a star, like tears from a star

On and on the rain will say

How fragile we are, how fragile we are...

photoev.jpg

While MH got bewitched by MR. I thought YooHyun and HJ are cute together. I think they found each other a friend but we know that twinkle in HJ's eyes aren't the same for YH. He might be disappointed MiRi didn't come but he seemed to enjoy HJ's company. But the MR-MH kiss, I really don't know what to feel about it. But I want the relationship to go on until she realizes who YooHyun is. I want to see her dilemma. Will she be herself or would she do another facade?

=====

Miss Ripley OST part 2

coveraly.jpg

01. 입버릇처럼.mp3

02. 그대가 아니면.mp3

03. 그대가 아니면 (Spanish ver.).mp3

I like the songs actually... Can't they play this more not just at the end/credits? ;)

June 10, 2011

“Miss. Ripley“ Lee Da-hae wears a captivating red dress

Source: Sports chosun by asianlook via askactor.com

2011061001000832200065011.jpg

MBC drama "Miss. Ripley"s Lee Da-hae has 'changed for a reason'.

Jang Mi-ri (Lee Da-hae) attends a dinner wearing a red dress on the episode of "Miss. Ripley" coming on the 13th. Jang Myeong-hoon (Kim Seung-woo) deeply falls in love with Jang Mi-ri and he invites her to the Mon Do Group reception.

Lee Da-hae wears a captivating red dress and looks elegant.

Meanwhile, "Miss. Ripley" is a drama about a woman who falls into lie after lie and risks losing everything in the end. The cast includes, Lee Da-hae, Kim Seung-woo, Kang Hye-jeong and Micky Yuchun.

Guest ngthuhien149

EP 5 PREVIEW

Seem like Heejoo will figure out everything

Heejoo, my poor girl, I am waiting for u to love Yuhyun, to get hurt and to fight back. Let's be evil to the evil :lol:

Pic from the dinner mentioned in the news

MElf2.jpg

I so love his smile :wub:

I have just read preview of ep 5 and 6

Ep5:

Miri bought food 2 Hoon's office, than found out fax paper which said her school record proof was fake. she destoried it.

Mondo declared they decided not to invest hotel A, Hoon was surprised. Yutaka couldn't accept the decision of Mondo's board.Mondo declared they decided not to invest hotel A, Hoon was surprised. Yutaka couldn't accept the decision of Mondo's board,and invest Hotel A by himself. (wow so rich :blink: )

Miri heard that Hoon will be the CEO of Hotel A, became more aggressive to Hoon.

Ep6:

Miri saw Yu at the annual meeting.& knew he was the Heir of Mondo.Miri said she wasnt feeling well2 Hoon & left the meeting

Heejo decides to work for mondo & also found out Yyhyun's true identity.Heejo decides to work for mondo & also found out Yutaka's true identity. She was confused

Miri figured out Yuhyun's true identity n pretend to meet him accidentally

Gosh Yuhyun I dun want a 2nd Myunghoon, ok?

I just edited the spoiler, read it again if u want

I saw new preview on MBC site OMG heeju find out abt Miri this is so quick what will she do now? Love how yoohyun is rolling on his bed :lol:

@ngthuhien149: I read the spoiler i thought so miri will do something like it :unsure:

Thanks ngthuhien for the EP 5 preview and the translated previews :wub:

It is really thoughtful and kind of Yuchun to cheer up the stuff with that dinner. He is such a nice guy, thinking of others although he is that busy with concerts and filming :wub::wub:

And maccay thank you so much for your great review as always :wub: and I liked how they used Sting's song too.

Guest gj_fil

do you guys know where can I watch this drama w/ eng subs? it's hard to find in yt.

but anyway, Miss Ripley is an interesting korean drama, loving it! :D

Guest imogene_af

HAHA! KHJ's face when she's hugging the dolphin? or is it a whale? haha. squee.

I cannot see the preview, my computer, I guess is a wee bit too slow. :(

In those photos, I notice the heirloom in Yoo Hyun's hand, I wonder how significant that is? Both Miri and him have herilooms attached to them, I wonder if his heriloom was given by his biological mom?

LDH talks about Jang Miri:

http://news.nate.com/view/20110610n19541

Imogene, you can try Youku, quite fast compare to MBC's video

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=1104983663

Maccay, another great review, I love everything you put on it.

Our Dangermousie with her interesting view on Ripley

http://dangermousie.livejournal.com/2247428.html

http://dangermousie.livejournal.com/2247131.html

http://dangermousie.livejournal.com/2246686.html

Guest imogene_af

Thanks for the link, samzz

:lol: Yoo Hyun is such an adorable dork rolling on his bed. A grown man just rolling on his bed. :lol:

Miri being a "model" to the hotel A makes me a bit sick. Haha. Good Lord, she has no shame. and I happen to LOVE her but there are times when I really want a good yank out of her frizzy hair or cut off her feather jacket.

I hope Yoo Hyun does not fall too easily with Miri's fake ways, I want her stumped with him, and fall HARD. :lol: As I said, I want her to have redemption, no matter how little. I love this character too much, even if she's a sociopath who will probably rob me in my sleep.

I want to play a drinking game with Miss Ripley, this is all in fun, I love this drama and all four characters.

1.) Every time Miri rejects YooHyun should be 1 shot

2.) Every time Myung Hoon strokes his chin when he flashbacks to Miri

3.) Every time Hye Joo breaks something

4.) Every time Hye Joo breaks something and bleeds

5.) Every time she makes gooey eyes with the person who tends to her wounds

6.) Random Japanese speaking. Bonus for English speeches.

7.) Every time Miri looks at faxes and certificates

8.) Every time Miri gasps in horror :o

9.) Every time Myung Hoon broods

10.) Every time Miri storms into someone's office

11.) Every time Miri runs in the subway station

12.) Every time Yoo Hyun smiles like a little boy in a candy store after each rejection :lol:

I think we will have a fun drinking party.

I really do love this drama, though. :lol:

Guest ripgal

Yaahhhhhh... I'm sure Yoochun is himself when playing Yutaka rolling on the bed! That cannot be acting! CANNOT BE!

I really like Hwayobi's voice.. I think they shud use Yuri more in the drama instead of Carmen (tho it does fit the premise)?

Guest imogene_af

Yaahhhhhh... I'm sure Yoochun is himself when playing Yutaka rolling on the bed! That cannot be acting! CANNOT BE!

I really like Hwayobi's voice.. I think they shud use Yuri more in the drama instead of Carmen (tho it does fit the premise)?

they only use Yuri in Miri's most fragile moments. and it works brilliantly. i.e. such as when she looks at Hee Joo's house with sadness, childhood flashbacks, when she is all alone crying or walking... and most of the time when she is with Yoo Hyun/Yoo Hyun watches her. It was played prominently when she was with him in Episode 4 (this is why I believe the song is for him not Myung Hoon).

Carmen is played in her looney seductions and lies, and also in her dark moments. i.e. when she told Hee Joo that they switched lives or when she would start lying to Myung Hoon

mimi you ain't deaf, the music improved LOTS.

Archived