SO U L M A T E S

oOh-her

Can two friends be soulmates?
To me, a soulmate is someone who is thoroughly compatible with you, someone who understands you entirely, and someone with whom you have an indescribable connection and natural affinity. I also believe that the word "soulmate" need not be a romantic term.

I only say this because I'm quite positive that I found my soulmate who happens to be one of my oldest and best friends. He, on the other hand, doesn't believe that two friends can be soulmates and claims that when he hears the term, he automatically pictures a couple who will eventually marry.

So, do you believe in soulmates? How do you define it? Have you found yours?

:)

Guest SnowXrystal

You guys are probably soulmates, only difference is he doesn't like the word that describes both his and your relationship with eachother.

You don't need to convince him anything, if you are both close, I don't see why you need to establish your relationship any further by giving it a term. I think you both should just drop the conversation and go back to how things were between you guys,

And to answer the question, no I have not met my soulmate with the way you describe it. But, I too think that soulmate sounds like a couple, but it also sounds like something me and my girl friend could be.

Soulmates can be anyone, a teacher, someone you meet during a crisis who you never see again (chance encounter)

All of these have one thing in common, you're meant to meet them to learn lessons and to grow. The greatest growth and lessons can result from the greatest pain. They have the ability to touch you in a way noone can touch you. Doesn't need to be romantic, bc those are just some soulmates.

I've encountered two soulmates in my life so far. I guess I'm lucky? Although both were painful experiences.

One was a frd, the other, the most recent ex.

Most people don't get to meet any, but when you do, you just know, when you stare in their eyes. It's a kind of knowing. You just recognise their soul. Like there's this unspeakable connection, even if you've only met them 5 minutes ago, you feel peaceful around them.

Guest kireisnowtenshi

Yes I totally do. Having a soulmate doesnt have to have romantic notions attached to it.

Im starting to think mine is my gay bestfriend lol.

I couldnt start to describe the drama that we've had and the perfect way we understand eachother. It works out. After 10 years its good to know you have a person who understands you from way back when :)

Guest HavenInMuse

I have one too, He is also my best friend. We are not a couple, and we don't have romantic feelings for each other, but we get along like we are part of the same souls. I don't feel like soulmates need to be a "couple", it's just nice if it happens that way to other people.

Guest Daylightful

I don't necessarily believe in a "soul mate" but I do think things happen for a reason and that it follows the actions we choose.

But my best friend whom I met in Autumn of 2009 is probably what you would call a "soul mate" we both have the same birthdays (so we've been celebrating together for two years now together) and we do everything we can together. He's gay so there is no romantic feelings on both sides. We're just so alike, and love the same things.. it's great! He's not really "girly" kind of gay (so no shopping together and all that jazz) but the things we can do is endless! blush.gif

Heck yeah!  My soul mate is my best guy friend who happens to be homosexual with SUCH AN OPEN MIND and amazing personality.  He's an amazing person, a diva in his right, a similar person to Luan Legacy on Youtube, to whom I talk to every day.  We've shared our past and present together and always keep each other updated with daily things.  Without him, I don't know who I'd talk to on a daily basis about anything from news to gossip, to fashion to health advice, to love and relationships and more.  It's funny cuz we're so close and my b/f even gets jealous at times saying that my bestie is prob lying about his sexuality cuz he wants me, lol.  Our friendship has gone strong for 3 years and I already told him he's gonna be my MAN OF HONOR on my wedding day, haha.  =]] 

OP, I agreee with you. "Soulmate" doesn't necessarily mean romantic partner. It can be a friend who is like a blood brother or sister, someone really close with whom you have a mutual, deep, understanding and connection. Someone whose soul it seems you see and vice versa. Someone who gets you and vice versa.

It's quite a unique experience, if you have someone like that in your life. :)

Guest wharrgabbrll

I have a soulmate! He's been my friend for a while and we get along really well. We understand each other on levels I never thought possible and we just started calling each other soulmates recently because we had no idea what our relationship was. We both thought of soulmates as a romantic term, but we got over that. We just happen to be amazing buddies that can't even be defined with the term, "best friend".

Guest jellie_kookie

Imo, I do have one. xD

We've known each other for three years and have been through ups and downs.

He's seen me change as a person and I've seen him change, too.

So yeah, I believe in soulmates and believe that he's mine...hahaha.

He is not my best friend, but I know he's not JUST a friend, either.

Yet he understands me and listens to all the crap I have in my life.

I consider him my soulmate, since I doubt we'll ever lose contact.

And no, we'll never fall for each other. Seriously. hahaa~

I even told him he'd be my maid of honor on my wedding day...or is it "Man of Honor" haha (:

personally, my best friend is not my soulmate, although she understands me. :P

There are times when we just CLASH and get into an argument that we end with laughter.

She's my best friend, but not my soulmate.

Kinda reminds me of Boys Before Flowers now ^_^

Archived