[Drama 2011] City Hunter 시티헌터

Guest adikkeluangman

Guest yellow_mellow

I asked a Japanese acquaintance of mine regarding the ending of CITY HUNTER manga.She said that Kaori (Nana) did marry Saeba (Yunsung) but it was still an open ending,she said that Kaori didnt die XD

If NN died,i will stop watching CH instead. I think Korean CH is different with Japan, like they said that it's only based on not really the same plot with manga right

i think NN will not die, she will fighting together with YS

let us see what will happen next, since the script writer nim will not let us down and cry because of the sad ending right...*please someone agree with me*

i had enough with sad ending like 49 days hehehehe...

Guest dramaok

City Hunter Parody: (its brilliant!)

꽃보다헌터 (구준표에게 쌍둥이 형제가?) by 적혈야화

Hunter over Flower (Gu Joon-Pyo's twin brother?) by Red-blooded Wildflower

byjpgflv000015276.jpgbyjpgflv000010629.jpg

byjpgflv000012033.jpgbyjpgflv000012568.jpg

19 years ago, Gu Joonpyo's mother gave birth to twins, but her brother wanted to hide the truth, because it was from an affair, so the brother lied and said the baby died. However she found out about it and went to the orphanage to claim her baby, but one of the twins had already been adopted to America. 19 years later, the one who was sent to America comes back to Korea to seek revenge, thinking he was abandoned....

source: http://blog.naver.com/wjrghk007

--------------------

City Hunter filming location: Lee Jin Pyo's home.

River View 8th Avenue (cafe on Gwangjin Bridge):

20100210gwangnarugaller.jpg

20100210gwangnaruplatfo.jpg

more info:

http://www.riverview8.co.kr/

http://henrikchoi.blogspot.com/2010/07/hidden-gems-gwangnaru-pedestrian-bridge.html

I asked a Japanese acquaintance of mine regarding the ending of CITY HUNTER manga.She said that Kaori (Nana) did marry Saeba (Yunsung) but it was still an open ending,she said that Kaori didnt die XD

yes, kaori didn't die at the end of city hunter manga. But, she died in the "spin off", title "Angle Heart" first episode. She died from accident trying to save a boy on the way to her wedding to Ryo. Her heart then transplanted in a female assassin. So, kaori's presence continued 'existing' that way.

This week seems pretty slow..no BTS pics or video preview. Looking forward to some news soon *quoted image*

Yeah, this gotta be one of the quietest week, with no BTS or photos about the the upcoming episodes posted here or elsewhere...

Seems like the fizz is dying out....or could it be the lack of NN-YS moments from the last two episodes

I think that won't be called City Hunter anymore..because YS + NN=City Hunter...^_^

Totally agree!!! YS would not be equal CH without NN....

Glad to hear that Kaori did not die in manga, that's the last thing I hope that will happen in this drama!

Based on PMY's interpretation of the script, I think open-ending is extremely likely, just hope that it is not a sucky open-ending...

Imagine PMY got all bashed up just by voicing out all her opinion, and if the ending really turns out to be less than ideal, I cant imagine the consequences.

Thus I hope the PD and writers can be smart about it and give us a satisfactory ending, at least for NN-YS is concerned....heheh...

Guest myphim

Hey guys, here is a video for you guys to enjoy while we are waiting for Wednesday. It is a crossover between Boys over Flowers and City Hunter. Imagine YS and Goo Jun Pyo as twin brothers.

BOF/CH

Please Wednesday comes faster!!!!!!!!!

Edit: It looks like dramaok beats me to it. Sorry.

Guest texashot

Could someone explain this to me when JP said, "those intent eyes it would be a waste to kill you now." to Nana when he pointed a gun at her?

Guest aminta25

Hello everyone!!

I have couple of commets that I want to make regarding the whole "Daddy Issue" I hope the writers don't go that road

cause then the whole revenge mission doesn't really hold a purpose rite?. I mean YS is aveging his dad's murder. If he

is JP son then its a very sick twist, cause JP them betray his blood brother way back then. If YS is the presidents son then

YS mom is a two timer, and to me that idea doesn't seat well. It really just doesn't make sense. :unsure:

However, there is a big secret that the president is harboring and it could be something entirely like killing someone, or corruption charges. I just wouldn't like that we go down the whole "Daddy" issue road. President is going to be interesting cause he seems like a such a nice person and very open and polite, but he could be a wolf in sheep clothing? rite? :blink: I'm really anticipating the dirt on the president and how is going to affect everyone who works in the Blue House.

As for the whole YS and NN relationship, I think we are in a good place. City Hunter is not a romcom so the love story does take a back seat and I for one I'm not bother by that approach, because the real story is to bring justice to 20 people who got massacre/betrayed by its own nation and that too me is more compelling than the whole love story. Yes, NN serves a great purpose in the story in that she is the emotional achor for YS who grew up without a mother, so NN to me has done her job. If we get more YS and NN cute sweet moments I take it, but I think both are in a good place. NN understand that YS in on a very dagerous mission and therefore she is not pushing forward with the whole "I love u, take me" type approach, instead she is trying to be YS friend and helped him in any way and that is LOVE in my books. YS in the other hand, LOVES NN and he knows it, just that he can't truly open up and follow his heart, caused he has a mission to accomplished and don't want to see people he loves in danger. Why does YS keeps pushing NN away?. well is for her own safety and both know it. However, YS as we see tries to stay away but yet he can't and that is Adorable to see. I'm not expecting babies at the end of CH, but I would like to see that YS and NN are true partnes in crime as well as in love and to me is enough. :wub:

Hello everyone!!

I have couple of commets that I want to make regarding the whole "Daddy Issue" I hope the writers don't go that road

cause then the whole revenge mission doesn't really hold a purpose rite?. I mean YS is aveging his dad's murder. If he

is JP son then its a very sick twist, cause JP them betray his blood brother way back then. If YS is the presidents son then

YS mom is a two timer, and to me that idea doesn't seat well. It really just doesn't make sense. :unsure:

However, there is a big secret that the president is harboring and it could be something entirely like killing someone, or corruption charges. I just wouldn't like that we go down the whole "Daddy" issue road. President is going to be interesting cause he seems like a such a nice person and very open and polite, but he could be a wolf in sheep clothing? rite? :blink: I'm really ancticipating the dirt on the president and how is going to affect everyone who works in the Blue House.

As for the whole YS and NN relatioship, I think we are in a good place. City Hunter is not a romcom so the love story does take a back seat and I for one I'm not bother by that approach, because the real story is to bring justice to 20 people who got massacre/betrayed by its own nation and that too me is more compelling than the whole love story. Yes, NN serves a great purpose in the story in that she is the emotional achor for YS who grew up without a mother, so NN to me has done her job. If we get more YS and NN cute sweet moments I take it, but I think both are in a good place. NN understand that YS in on a very dagerous mission and therefore she is not pushing forward with the whole "I love u, take me" type approach, instead she is trying to be YS friend and helped him in any way and that is LOVE in my books. YS in the other hand, LOVES NN and he knows it, just that he truly open up and follow his heart, caused he has a mission to accomplished. Why does YS keeps pushing NN away?. well is for her own safety and both know it. However, YS as we see tries to stay away but yet he can't and that is Adorable to see. I'm not expecting babies at the end of CH, but I would like to see that YS and NN are true partnes in crime as well as in love and to me is enough. :wub:

I agree with you on the daddy issue thing. Plus, I just don't see the current president as a bad guy like the other members are. He just seems like he wanted to proactive in avenging what happened in Burma but was just caught up in a bad situation when the whole mission went awry. I do think that the president will have to eventually step down but I think it will create an interesting dilemma for our City Hunter to take down a guy that's not really that bad. I do think the president will own up to his mistakes eventually.

And looking at the picture that was torn up, it doesn't look like the president or NN's dad. I don't know and I'm not completely sure about anything. You see it so briefly and... it's just hard to tell right now.

Could someone explain this to me when JP said, "those intent eyes it would be a waste to kill you now." to Nana when he pointed a gun at her?

I wondered too. JP seems to only respect those who are loyal and faithful to their words, and ready to die for their cause. I guess it's the soldier in him, and the fact that he was betrayed by someone who said he'd die for his men and didn't follow up on his word. He always thought NaNa was a liability to YS, would soften YS up and slow the revenge plot down. He suddenly discovers that NaNa doesn't seem to be afraid of ANYTHING, that she doesn't flinch when a gun is pointed inches away from her eyes, and possibly that she loves YS as much as he does, i.e. to the point of dying for him. He hates cowards. She isn't one, one the contrary she's showing as much fiery courage as some of the special ops members he worked with in the past.

I think "intent" relates to her strong will: her eyes say that she will do what she says and will die doing it. He either respects that, or he thinks that he can use it to his advantage later, maybe turn NaNa into a killing machine the same way he tried on YS by running over Ahjussi. Thus it would be a waste to kill her now--if he even ever intents to.

I'm just speculating. Anything to make the time pass faster until Wednesday. :D

yes, kaori didn't die at the end of city hunter manga. But, she died in the "spin off", title "Angle Heart" first episode. She died from accident trying to save a boy on the way to her wedding to Ryo. Her heart then transplanted in a female assassin. So, kaori's presence continued 'existing' that way.

Haven't read the manga but I was a bit scared that Kaori died in the manga and that they would go in this direction for the drama too, but I became calm after reading wikipedia's article about "Angel Heart" :

The author mentioned in the first tankoubon volume that Angel Heart only shares the same characters of City Hunter but not it's continuation. The evens are all parallel universe, therefore it has nothing to do with City Hunter, do treat them as two different work.

Now I'm all fine and hope that the ending will be satisfying and they won't rush it. Hope wednesday will come faster ^_^

Guest ticklemepinkz

who would want to kill kim nana at the end of the series. i have a feeling if the writers do resort to that, there will be many people who will be very vocal about it. because let's face, who doesn't want to see a happy ending between these two. however, i am all for a good death scene of kim nana if it were some epic heroic scene. lol. 

as for that spoiler posted up there in yellow. lol. sorry i forgot who. forgive me, it is a it expected that he would be suspected because it is a drama. and we've it done many times before.. lol. 

Guest myphim

As of right now, it is set for 20 episodes. We have 6 more episodes left to go.

So excited for this week episodes. Hope the preview come out soon.

Really anxious for Wednesday.

If NN died,i will stop watching CH instead. I think Korean CH is different with Japan, like they said that it's only based on not really the same plot with manga right

i think NN will not die, she will fighting together with YS

let us see what will happen next, since the script writer nim will not let us down and cry because of the sad ending right...*please someone agree with me*

i had enough with sad ending like 49 days hehehehe...

I am with you girl! haha as i told you on twitter i dont think id be very happy if they kill Nana on this series.whew.

I raised that too, ANGEL HEART is from the same author that made CH. She said that though they used the same name for Kaori its still taken as a different story and not linked to CH. IDK haha that's what she said, anyhow for the sake of Korean Drama cliches pls dont kill Kim NaNa PD-nim...lol

dang i topped the page without anything to share..sorry.I'll just leave you guys w/ this one:

tumblr_lo6c1lGVhQ1qgkcpno1_r1_500.jpg