[Drama 2012] The Korean Peninsula ( Hanbando) 한반도

mameayw

Guest kayana20

Dong-Ki makes me so mad . She already told him she would never be his wife when she attempted to kill herself. How is lying to Jin- Jae because she is sick of North Korea and living under their dysfunctional democracy going to make her change her mind? Well he went to South Korea alright and got pictures of reporter girl with Myung- Joon and Yuri when they were painting over the graffiti.Now Jin -Jae believes subconsciously that he is moving on and getting over her because Dong-Ki took the pictures and told her a lie so she would stay with him.When Myung-Joon is working hard to become president to get her out of North Korea and reunite both countries. I am getting so impatient it's supposed to be reunion time by Ep 16 please don't say they are going to drag that out?Jin -Jae has at least 4 people in North Korea trying to kill her and Dong-Ki will be killed if he gets in the way.I hope the NIS guy helps Myung-Joon get Jin-Jae out safely soon because I really will be annoyed if they reunite only 4 episodes before the ending when she is supposed to be by his side as he fights to reunite both countries as he becomes president. Also can they please tell the truth of what Dong-Ki did 13 years ago and why Myung-Joon and Jin-Jae keep being separated. I also want to know once and for all if Yuri is her daughter. It's action packed and exciting but I would like for the romance to come back instead of the torture and depression.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dong-Ki makes me so mad . She already told him she would never be his wife when she attempted to kill herself. How is lying to Jin- Jae because she is sick of North Korea and living under their dysfunctional democracy  going to make her change her mind?  Well he went to South Korea alright and got pictures of reporter girl with Myung- Joon and Yuri when they were painting over the graffiti.Now Jin -Jae believes subconsciously that he is moving on and getting over her because Dong-Ki took the pictures and told her a lie so she would stay with him.When Myung-Joon is working hard to become president to get her out of North Korea and reunite both countries. I am getting so impatient it's supposed to be reunion time by Ep 16 please don't say they are going to drag that out?Jin -Jae has at least 4 people in North Korea trying to kill her and Dong-Ki will be killed if he gets in the way.I hope the NIS guy helps Myung-Joon get Jin-Jae out safely soon because I really will be annoyed if they reunite only 4 episodes before the ending when she is supposed to be by his side as he fights to reunite both countries as he becomes president. Also can they please tell the truth of what Dong-Ki did 13 years ago and why Myung-Joon and Jin-Jae keep being separated. I also want to know once and for all if Yuri is her daughter. It's action packed and exciting but I would like for the romance to come back instead of the torture and depression.

At least one of your questions was answered in episode 11.  Yuri is not Jin-Jae's daughter.  Myung-Joon told the reporter that she is the first woman to visit the house since Yuri's mother died (I think he said 8 years ago ... so she must have died in child birth) and his mom is old fashioned and might get the wrong ideas.  This was after she helped paint the wall.

I could not believe that Dong-Ki lied to her.  Even without the subs, I realized what he did.  I really hope they get her out of the country by next episode but don't hold out much hope for it because they were only informed last week of the production cut.

Episode 13 out on dramafever. 

http://www.dramafeve...Peninsula/?ap=1

Guest agssy

I don't know if this news is true that they will cut Hanbando to just 18 episodes , why ? because it's not rating well ?

I thought this a big budgeted project , if the production people believes that they are making a good quality drama , why are they relying on ratings ? Sure the ratings will say that the drama is doing well , that it's widely patronized by viewers but they must take into consideration that Hanbando is a drama that caters to the older generation , young people will not be excited with the plot of this drama , highly political in nature , struggle for power , greed and treason , young people are more into KPOP , whether their dramas are good quality or not, does not really matter as long as there are Kpop artists playing the lead character then the drama will rate .

Acting wise the the actors in Hanbando are doing a great job , KJE 's exceptional here , HJM as usual is fantastic, the new actor playing Dong Ki seems like he has been acting for a long time , the whole casts are great with their acting including the little girl .

Sad that every drama must rate in order for it to be called good drama , business wise it must rate for it's the barometer of the inventors to know if they made money but must quality be sacrificed for cold cash ?

Hanbando's plot is a fact of life , people are suffering in the north , hunger , human rights violation are just two of what they are going through everyday of their life , if there are people in the South who are aiming to unite the two countries and they are making use of this drama to reach their goal then why cut the drama ? Hanbando is a good drama , it will be a big mistake to waste all the hard work poured into the drama .

Guest nuguri04

Screen Caps EP 115-2.jpg

1-2.jpg3-1.jpg

2-2.jpg4-2.jpg

6-2.jpg7-2.jpg

8-2.jpg

9-1.jpg

e1199.jpg

10-1-1.jpg

e111-1.jpg

e112.jpg

e113.jpg

e114.jpg

e115.jpg

e116.jpg

e117.jpg

e118.jpg

e119.jpg

e1191.jpg

e1192.jpg

e1193.jpg

e1194.jpg

e1195.jpg

e1196.jpg

e1197.jpg

Screen Caps Credit to: Mameayw, Jhysen, Nuguri04

SC -  EP 12 - Screen Caps Credit to: Mameayw, Jhysen, Nuguri04

vlcsnap-2012-03-13-23h59m53s150.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-13-23h59m58s203.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-14-00h00m03s4.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-14-00h00m08s55.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-14-00h00m26s234.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-14-02h39m26s171.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-14-02h39m35s5.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-14-02h39m40s50.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-14-02h40m18s178.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-14-02h40m46s202.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-14-02h40m50s236.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-14-02h41m03s111.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-14-02h41m53s106.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-14-02h41m59s163.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-14-02h42m03s203.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-14-02h42m07s245.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-14-02h42m19s104.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-14-02h42m43s92.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-14-02h42m46s122.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-14-02h42m50s157.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-14-02h42m53s188.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-14-02h42m56s220.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-14-02h42m59s253.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-14-02h45m04s223.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-14-02h46m09s106.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-14-02h46m15s165.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-14-02h46m34s99.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-14-02h47m00s100.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-14-02h48m50s176.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-14-02h48m35s26.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-14-02h48m21s138.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-14-02h49m15s172.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-14-02h43m43s174.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-14-02h43m04s42.png

vlcsnap-2012-03-14-02h49m43s181.png

I don't know if this news is true that they will cut Hanbando to just 18 episodes , why ? because it's not rating well ?

I thought this a big budgeted project , if the production people believes that they are making a good quality drama , why are they relying on ratings ? Sure the ratings will say that the drama is doing well , that it's widely patronized by viewers but they must take into consideration that Hanbando is a drama that caters to the older generation , young people will not be excited with the plot of this drama , highly political in nature , struggle for power , greed and treason , young people are more into KPOP , whether their dramas are good quality or not, does not really matter as long as there are Kpop artists playing the lead character then the drama will rate .

Acting wise the the actors in  Hanbando are doing a great job , KJE 's exceptional here , HJM as usual  is fantastic, the new actor playing Dong Ki seems like he has been acting for a long time , the whole casts are great with their acting including the little girl .

Sad that every drama must rate in order for it to be called good drama , business wise it must rate for it's the barometer of the inventors to know if they made money but must quality be sacrificed for cold cash ?

Hanbando's plot is a fact of life , people are suffering in the north , hunger , human rights violation are just two of what they are going through everyday of their life , if there are people in the South who are aiming to unite the two countries and they are making use of this drama to reach their goal then why cut the drama ? Hanbando is a good drama , it will be a big mistake to waste all the hard work poured into the drama .

---- very well said agssy. I think hanbando is great series with a great stories in it..this reflect the current situation of North And South Korea.....

Guest kayana20

At least one of your questions was answered in episode 11.  Yuri is not Jin-Jae's daughter.  Myung-Joon told the reporter that she is the first woman to visit the house since Yuri's mother died (I think he said 8 years ago ... so she must have died in child birth) and his mom is old fashioned and might get the wrong ideas.  This was after she helped paint the wall.

I could not believe that he Dong-Ki lied to her.  Even without the subs, I realized what he did.  I really hope they get her out of the country by next episode but don't hold out much hope for it because they were only informed last week of the production cut.

Episode 13 out on dramafever. 

http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4087/13/Peninsula/?ap=1

That just lets you know how focused I was on Dong-Ki that I just swept aside what Myung-joon said.OI know when reporter girl came to the house I knew their would be a problem and I was so happy he clarified his feelings to her right away.I am not upset about the production cut it's too brutal and I cannot take KJE being abused again.If it's really like that betwen North Korea and South Korean my prayers to anyone involved in this. Also if the show ends on 18 then that means Myung-joon and Jin-jae will reunite soon since she will be his wife in the reunited countries. Dong-Ki is going to be their biggest obstacle he does not get she only see's him as a friend. It's just sad he risks their friendship for a feeling he should just cherish and forget about.What will happen next?

Acting wise the the actors in Hanbando are doing a great job , KJE 's exceptional here , HJM as usual is fantastic, the new actor playing Dong Ki seems like he has been acting for a long time , the whole casts are great with their acting including the little girl .

The sad fact is it might not be rating at all with teens who only care about KPOP IDOLS. I love it and I don't like shows about war or strife. The acting and lovestory is just so real too.I just hope we get an ending we love or watching this far is going to break us if it ends with a WTF ending.I am disappointed they cut it without making it at least 20 that gives the cast time to wrap up everything. I also think the subject matter. is why they cut it short too. We know that it wouldn't have been an overseas success because the subject matter too.Can they start listening to the older audience more but TV Chosun obviously is not. This will make me rethink watching their productions in the future too.

nuguri04 : I could not watch that scene again I skipped through the torture scenes it is way too much for me. KJE acting was amazing though and her new robotic emoting is amazing. They really broke her spirit and made her waiver in Myung-Joon waiting for her. I so hope a sign comes and she realizes he still is waiting for her.

Guest shulien209

I LOVE MIN DONG KI character here. He's a good actor for me he can deliver and this drama good phasing in his story line non stop being on the go.

He's just trying his best to save JIN JAE because of his LOVE for her.

Good concept but i think too heavy for a younger generation.

I will be very sad if they cut off the episode just to finish early this drama. Good CASTING but become a bit boring when in the last few episode. like for election and the punishment of jin jae a bit dramatic.  They can just show one episode for that and moved on but they try to prolong it and become a bit not interesting anymore. But we are hoping to become more reviting again.

When you lost the interest of the viewers hope the writer will consider to change the tactic how to make the viewers glue on the tv. The more suspense and action will be nice stop talking and dally in one boring scripts. Dont get me wrong the drama is good but we have to get the attention of younger viewrs too.

BUT TO DONGKI # THUMBS UP FOR YOU. i think you excell in this drama.

Guest nuguri04

That just lets you know how focused I was on Dong-Ki that I just swept aside what Myung-joon said.OI know when reporter girl came to the house I knew their would be a problem and I was so happy he clarified his feelings to her right away.I am not upset about the production cut it's too brutal and I cannot take KJE being abused again.If it's really like that betwen North Korea and South Korean my prayers to anyone involved in this. Also if the show ends on  18 then that means Myung-joon and Jin-jae will reunite soon since she will be his wife in the reunited countries. Dong-Ki is going to be their biggest obstacle he does not get she only see's him as a friend. It's just sad he risks their friendship for a feeling he should just cherish and forget about.What will happen next?

The sad fact is it might not be rating at all with teens who only care about KPOP IDOLS. I love it and I don't like shows about war or strife. The acting and lovestory is just so real too.I just hope we get an ending we love or watching this far is going to break us if it ends with a WTF ending.I am disappointed they cut it without making it at least 20 that gives the cast time to wrap up everything. I also think the subject matter. is why they cut it short too. We know that it wouldn't have been an overseas success because the subject matter too.Can they start listening to the older audience more but TV Chosun obviously is not. This will make me rethink watching their productions in the future too.

nuguri04 : I could not watch that scene again I  skipped through the torture scenes it is way too much for me. KJE acting was amazing though and her new robotic emoting is amazing. They really broke her spirit and made her waiver in Myung-Joon waiting for her. I so hope a sign comes and she realizes he still is waiting for her.

- im very disappointed for the cut of episode atleast they can make it for 20epi! Yah your right girl kje acting here is great! my favorite scene here is when her father execute and kje scream and cry! and also when dongki kiss her then she laugh and suddenly her tears falls.. i think its hard to laugh and cry and the same time... hahhah!

I really like this drama. I just watched episode 14 with english sub. Finally, we begin to see a light leading to the end of the tunnel. Seems like Dong-Ki is going to help Jin-Jae to escape to the South since he knows she can't stay alive in the North. I wonder if he will seek Myung-Joon's help in protecting her. I think Dong-Ki doesn't trust the government in place anymore after the leader he so trusted decided to keep rebels and anti-communists into his army. Myung-Joon is almost already President of South Korea and Jin-Jae is escaping to the South, that means they will be reunited soon. 

Guest nuguri04

13-1.png

14-1.png

15-1.png

16-1.png

17-1.png

18-1.png

19-1.png

20-1.png

21-1.png

22-1.png

23-1.png

24-1.png

25-1.png

26-1.png

27-1.png

28-2.png

29-1.png

30-1.png

31-1.png

32-1.png

33-1.png

34-1.png

35-1.png

36-1.png

37-1.png

38-1.png

39-1.png

40-1.png

41-1.png

42.png

43.png

44.png

45.png

46.png

47.png

48.png

49-1.png

50.png

51.png

52.png

53.png

54.png

55.png

56.png

57.png

58.png

59.png

I really like this drama. I just watched episode 14 with english sub. Finally, we begin to see a light leading to the end of the tunnel. Seems like Dong-Ki is going to help Jin-Jae to escape to the South since he knows she can't stay alive in the North. I wonder if he will seek Myung-Joon's help in protecting her. I think Dong-Ki doesn't trust the government in place anymore after the leader he so trusted decided to keep rebels and anti-communists into his army. Myung-Joon is almost already President of South Korea and Jin-Jae is escaping to the South, that means they will be reunited soon. 

theres an eng Sub of ep 14 already?

Guest agssy

Jin Jae coming to see her mother to say goodbye, does it mean that she has finally decided to escape with the help of Dong Ki and seek refuge to the South or she has something else on her mind ? She promised her father that she will always be proud to be his daughter , no amount of sufferings will make her turn her back to what she and her father has fought for , she has attempted to kill herself than be the wife of a man she does not love , now that she's asked to swear allegiance to the North , will she do it again ?

Dong Ki has taken into himself to assure Jin Jae's safety , to take care of her , now that he has proven that he cannot rely on the new government of the North , will he help Jin Jae escape and be reunited with the man she loves ?

Myung Joon , is doing all his best to win the election , he must be in power if he wants to unite North and South Korea and be with the woman he loves.

It's not the winning that is important but what good you can do for the country .

Guest agssy

I have seen the preview for the next episode, the 15th episode, it seems that Jin Jae will escape , oh dear, this is exciting ! Finally , she will be reunited with her man , now a new struggle will begin , how will the South accept her , how are the politicians of the old take this and make use for their advantage ?

Guest kayana20

Thank you JAYSHEN and yup the NIIS guy did what I thought he would! Since he now understands that Myung-Joon is man of his word and starts things to the finsh he is going to reunite him with his love. I wonder if she called him from her old phone? gosh finally she can be smart and resilient again.I don't think Myung-Joon is going to let anything stop him from being with Jin-Jae now and will work harder for the presidency. Yes he loves a North Korean women but that is why they need peace. The oppression and torture they face over in North Korea is what is propelling some of them to want reunification with south Korea.They can take down the dictator leadership and start one united where everyone helps both countries. I hope I cry only in episode 15 and see happy moments between my couple and JIn-Jae meeting Yuri for the first time. I am not going to even ask about a wedding because that is not a main focus.

Guest agssy

Don't forget episodes 15 and 16 on Monday and Tuesday , the unfolding of a new beginning , the reunion of Myung Joon and Jin Jae.

Something keeps bothering me. How is Myung Joon going to win the North? Is the North Regime going to fall and the South will grab it? I'm looking forward for the next episodes to see the two lovers reunited and the North and South team reunited also.

Archived